Reid's Roofing Ltd.

Skylight Installation & Repair

Reviews for Reid's Roofing Ltd.

Mac in Georgina
Mac in Georgina
2 reviews Georgina, ON

Roof/eavestroughs/downspouts/siding

We were very pleased with Reid's service and workmanship on our house. The new roof, eavestrough, downspouts, and siding were installed professionally and efficiently. The crews cleaned up nicely and Aaron was a pleasure to deal with. Highly recommended!

MAP87 in Georgina
MAP87 in Georgina
1 review Georgina, ON

Soffit, Fascia & Eavestrough Replacement

Incredible service from the moment I started the quote for Eavestrough, Soffit and Fascia replacement, to final completed job. They did a great job and provided exceptional customer service throughout. Would highly recommend this company.

Sandy in Beeton
Sandy in Beeton
1 review Corner Brook, NL

New Roof

Could not recommend more highly. The crew were courteous, professional and considerate. The job was started and completed on time, and the property was left immaculate. Despite extensive gardens all around our century home, not a single plant was damaged. We are totally impressed!

Astrogal from Barrie
Astrogal from Barrie
5 reviews Barrie, ON

Great roofing job

Reid’s replied quickly to our quote request. I liked that they took the time to actually go up on the roof to really see and understand what the job would entail, vs. other guys who just wrote the quote sitting in their car without even getting out to look around. They answered all of my many questions to my satisfaction and even sent me a copy of their commercial liability insurance policy and WSIB insurance information, as well as manufacturer’s warranty. Another nice thing they did was personally deliver colour swatches to my house when I wanted to take a look at the shingle colour samples.

The job was done as scheduled and the shingles were delivered the day before. I like that they didn't leave the shingles sitting up on the roof like I've seen with other guys. They just left them on the driveway. The job took 1.5 days to complete. The 2 guys on the crew worked hard, the first day they worked for about 12 hours and then another half day the next morning. I liked that they were professional and didn’t blare any loud music that disturbs the whole neighbourhood like I’ve heard other guys do. In the end, the roof looks great! I had a lot of neighbours compliment them on the great job they did and ask for quotes.

I didn’t give this review a 10/10 because I felt the clean-up job could’ve been better. Having read all the glowing reviews on here I expected a stellar clean-up job but there were a lot of nails left behind. I don’t so much mind finding a few pieces of shingle here and there, or the shingle crumbs we had to sweep off our back deck and around the house, but nails are a safety issue. After the guys left we found about a dozen nails including a bunch stuck together. I had expected them to go through with a magnet to clean up all the nails. A “full ground cleanup” was part of the quote but I just don’t think it was done until after I called them that same day and they sent a guy over the next day to look around. The guy said he found about 30 other nails around the property. Another thing that I felt could have been improved was communication. Sometimes I would email and not hear back for days and had to follow-up; other times they replied the same day. Also, the crew just left after they were done without saying goodbye. I had expected them to knock on the door and say they were leaving, what to expect next in terms of clean-up, invoicing, etc. and I also would have liked to thank them for all their hard work! Instead I had to call the office to find out they would invoice later via email. I would have liked to be clearer on how the invoicing part works as I was waiting around the house for nothing for someone to come collect payment after the job was done and it turns out I didn’t really have to be home at all. So because of these issues I didn’t give them a 10/10.

Overall though, I would still recommend them because the job was done on time and done well from start to finish. They took the time to go up on the roof to provide an accurate quote… they were responsive to answering my questions… they came on time…they worked hard to finish…and the roofing job looks great. There were also no surprises or issues with billing and I was invoiced what I was quoted, and all the terms and conditions were clearly stated in writing on the quote.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us such a detailed review. I’m glad that you’re very happy with the workmanship and service that we provided.

I spoke with the guys, about this job, and let them know that the clean up was not thorough enough. They usually don’t have this issue and I’m sorry this happened to you. The next morning, I listened your voicemail that you had left the previous evening the day the job was completed. Once I heard your message and made contact with you, I then sent Paul out that same morning to correct the issue.

The guys working on the job told me that they knocked on the door, while they were doing the clean up, and no one answered. They said they were trying to get access to the balcony, from inside the house. The reason for this was that they didn’t feel comfortable putting a ladder up to it from the outside in case the railing or awning, that goes around the perimeter of the balcony, got damaged.

In regards to the email communication, there were quite a few emails sent back and forth in the two and a half months leading up to the scheduled job date you had requested. At times we get flooded with estimates and we try and respond to everyone within a timely manner. However, it’s sometimes gets very challenging. We appreciate your feedback and we will improve on this in the future.

As far as payment is concerned, it was very nice of you to want to settle up right away, which we appreciated you doing once we sent you the invoice. However, it does say on the quote that the client will make payment, to contractor, upon receipt of invoice after the project has been inspected. This typically happens a few days after the job has been completed. We will update our quote so this process is more transparent.

Thank you again for your business and your feedback. We’re glad to hear that you will be recommending us.

Aaron Reid

Linda in Toronto
Linda in Toronto
1 review Aurora, ON

New Roof

Reid's Roofing installed a new roof on our house in the fall and we can only describe their work as exceptional. Aaron, the owner, was fantastic from start to finish and even had a paint custom-tinted to match the wall flashings! Alex, the lead on the job, was great - so knowledgeable, willing to answer all questions, and meticulous in his work. We were so impressed with Aaron and his team that we have engaged him to install new gutters in the spring. He is competitively priced and the crew arrived when they were scheduled to. Highly recommend.

Cheryl in Barrie
Cheryl in Barrie
2 reviews Barrie, ON

New Roof

Reid's Roofing did an excellent job. The crew was very courteous and professional. They were prompt in answering all my questions. Would recommend this company to anyone wanting a new roof or repairs.

Thank you Cheryl for the review and your business. I am glad you are very happy with the work that was done. It was a pleasure serving you.

Mike in Edmonton
Mike in Edmonton
1 review Innisfil, ON

Skylight

The only team I will ever call for my roofing needs.

Great service, work, and price highly recommend.

I will definitely use their services again hands down.

Thanks Aaron and Reid's Roofing team for your time and expertise.

Brad Black from Georgina
Brad Black from Georgina
2 reviews Georgina, ON

Complete re roofing

We were very please with the professional behaviour of the owner. We were provided with clear and specific quotes. All work quoted was performed as well as a few minor variances due to unexpected issues with the job. The additional work was completed within the quoted price and all work was high quality. The worksite was very clean when the project was completed. The work was done well within the estimated completion time and to our satisfaction. I would recommend this company to anyone wanting roof repair or replacement.

Michel J W from Beeton
Michel J W from Beeton
5 reviews Beeton, ON

Re-Roof

Reid's Roofing were prompt with our quote and excellent with answering our questions or concerns. The team showed up the day agreed upon and the work done was neatly completed.
We are very pleased and wouldn't hesitate to recommend their services to our family and friends.
Thank you for your hard work Aaron and team.
We underestimated you!

Review has 2 previous versions

More about Reid's Roofing Ltd.

Reid's Roofing Ltd. is a full service roofing company. We pride ourselves on top quality workmanship and customer service. Everyone needs a little R & R! -Re-Roofing: Commercial & Residential Homes -Insurance Claims -5" Continuous Eavestroughs -Soffits & Fascia -New Construction Homes -Skylights -Repairs -Roof Top Snow Removal