HomeStars  >  Gas Line Installation in St. Catharines  >  MacKay Heating and Cooling

Reviews for MacKay Heating and Cooling

NOTL Customer in Niagara-on-the-Lake
1 review Niagara On The Lake, ON

MacKay installed our 2nd furnace back in 2010 and we called them for installation or our replacement Air Condition in June of 2017.
They had the best price in Niagara (on Trane Units) and were able install the unit within 7 days of ordering.

Technicians got the job done within 6 hours and displayed high level of workmanship. We had an issue with the circuit breaker tripping, but again they came back at 7 pm to fix the problem and returned as agreed about 4 weeks later to extend the electrical cable to the unit. Again top notch service and we would call on them again.

ghost-orchid in Mississauga
3 reviews St. Catharines, ON

MacKay converted our propane furnace back to natural gas when no one else would, and also hooked up the house to natural gas. Technician was very personable and displayed high level of workmanship, would call on again.

Cam M in Welland
1 review Welland, ON

We obtained several quotes on a new air conditioning unit. Although MacKay wasn't the lowest price, we felt they would provide the best service. The salesman that visited the house seemed very knowledgeable and was very easy to contact for some follow up questions before we committed. Although there were some issues related to the install date due to a supply issue, the installation went well. The technicians protected the floor through the house with mats and did a good job. We're happy with the unit and the installation and would recommend MacKay Heating and Cooling.

Rippedoff in St. Catharines
1 review St. Catharines, ON

This unit came with a 10 year warranty
After 8 years of issues with this unit.Mackay decided that they would not
Fulfill their warranty
Says the company has gone bankrupt and they won't honour the warranty.
Mackay heating has left us with 2 years with no warranty
Please be careful this company is not reputable

Hello, we have looked at all our paperwo k and installs and can not figure out who you are? I have spoken with everyone and no one seems to know anything hung about this issue. Are you certain it was MacKay Heating? If so pl awe call me at the office! My name is Andrew Blom , and I would love to help you with this issue and deal with any warranty issues you may have. Hi my name is Jamie Blom It is now October 6th. We have been trying to locate this water tank...and we cannot. there is no service calls, there are no records of this being even one of our jobs. Do you have the right place? We are working very hard to locate what and who this is..but there is limited information on the set up of your account. Please, let us know...905 688 1849. please ask for Jamie Blom I an owner of Mackay Heating and Cooling and I would like the opportunity to address this. We have never left anyone with this taste their mouth in 50 years. Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this, and we are not just accepting that something could have happened and it was missed. we are very concerned please reach out. thank you Jamie Blom

Cathy in St. Catharines
1 review St. Catharines, ON

I would definitely recommend MacKay Heating & Cooling. The service technician was good in trouble shooting our problem. The sales rep was experienced and answered all of our questions. The installation of our new furnace was completed as scheduled with no issues.

Thank you from all of us at Mackay Heating and Cooling. We pride ourselves on our long standing relationships with each other !!! We have worked as a family , together for years!!! There is no turn over at the company. We stay together!! we know how each works, we know we are all pure motive , and we are leaving a legacy, not just installing equipment or servicing it!!!!! Proud to have each of our sales experts, be fully qualified, senior,master with years of installation and service work under their own belts!!! we believe that once you have an expert do the quote, it goes uphill from there!!!!!!!!! Each of our sales, is our finest Journeymen first. Then, our entire work family is fully dedicated, take amazing pride in their part of the process!!!!!!! Thank you for your kind words, and taking the time to write about us on HomeStars. so appreciated.!!!!

Home Stars has been notified....and we are looking to resolve this. I can promise all warranties are honoured fully, by our own FAMILY backed owned and operated company. This is not something our team feels good about moving into Thanksgiving. Our work is our honour. Please contact me at 905 6988 1849 Mackay Heating and Cooling

1 review Niagara Falls, ON

Well, as things go, Mackay was a pleasant experience. My A/C went at the end of July and I had several companies look at it and only Mackay gave me choices - Leave it and just use the circulation fan, fix it, or replace it (with a written proposal having 6 choices starting at very basic option). I choose a mid range option and they installed it within days (not a week or weeks) Woo Hoo! The sales rep was knowledgeable and the tech took the time to make sure I was happy - very patient and informative. I now have a 10 year warranty for parts and labour with a company I trust - as I said earlier it was a pleasant experience.

Shannon and Peter in Saint Catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Our A/C recently died and Mackay quickly came provided a clear well explained quote with multiple options. Due to the age of both the A/C and furnace, we opted for replacing everything.

The installation date was quick and convenient. The installers were excellent and professional. The insured we were happy with the work being done throughout the entire installation.

Overall the experience was outstanding.

thank you for the wonderful write up on our work family!!!!!! They are extremely caring, loyal, dedicated, and work very hard to be the best team together and separately they can possibly be.!!!! they always shock me in taking on jobs, that many won't touch!!! They take on a home and any challenge as though it was a family member because now you are!!!!!!! once you are with Mackays...that cooling,heating and hot water is now our problem...not yours!!!!! these guys prove all day, every day , and they have fun at the same time. thank you for using our company. thank you from honest , highly ethical, highly trained...work family...MACKAY Heating and Cooling

Kirsti in Saint Catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

From getting a quote to billing I had an excellent experience with Mackay. Everyone involved was professional, Peter spent a lot of time putting together a quote for me on Friday evening of a long weekend and the work was completed on time and within the agreed budget. The installers left my house in as good condition if they found it, and were very personable.

Thank you so much for pointing out Pete in this shout out and his working late at night on a weekend...this work family busts like that!!!!! we have our times when we are not comfortable as we are slower, due to weather mainly..so there are these times, where someone like Pete, is busting, while many others in his industry...are having down time!!! Pete has been with us, and a large part of the reputation, is due to his amazing dedication to all here... we have truly become a family due to watching these guys give and give some more...thanks for seeing that in them...jamie blom Vice President, Mackay Heating and Cooling

mark in Vineland
1 review Vineland, ON

the installers arrived on time and worked quickly and without hassle.They were polite and orderly and worked without leaving a mess,all and all very good company and i would recommend them to family and friends.

thank you so much for taking some time to talk about our work family..our team is so dedicated, to the industry and our company, that it is so incredibly important that I can read these, Andrew and I the owners, and our son, Zack who is soon to be a very good technician himself...earning the stripes the hard way!! LOL we are grateful for your time to do this for us...thank you again.

jlepp in Saint Catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

We recently had a flood and lost our hot water heater. MacKay came out right away, and installed a new heater the very next day and worked with our insurance adjuster to make sure it all went smoothly. The insurance adjuster was so impressed with their service, they asked them on the spot to inspect the furnace which had also been underwater. MacKay provided a detailed report. Insurance also sent in their preferred vendor from out of town to verify and the report was the same. There was no attempt from MacKay to provide false or inflated damage report in order to get a job.
We've trusted MacKay for years for furnace repair and of course, they were the obvious choice for us when we faced having to replace the furnace and opted in for new airconditioning. We dealt with Fred and he was so helpful without being sales-y. He educated us, answered questions and provided several options for consideration.
Install went beautifully and the team cleaned up after themselves on both days - there was never an issue with them being in the house and they seemed to know their stuff.
I would highly recommend MacKay Heating and AC to anyone.

Thank you so much for writing such a detailed report for our entire work family!!!!!! I hope you would allow me, owner..Jamie and Andrew Blom..to please use your words..or part of it..to show what our true motive is about...this is it!!! you covered so much of their incredible out look in our industry...we are all on the same page.

I could not be prouder at this very moment of this company. I thank you from the very bottom of my exhausted heart!!!!!! thank you from Mackay Heating and Cooling