Kelvin Chong Roofing Inc.

207 Roxanne Cr Scarborough ON M1V4G4
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Scarborough  >  Kelvin Chong Roofing Inc.

Reviews for Kelvin Chong Roofing Inc.

Suzy in Scarborough
Suzy in Scarborough

Roof Tile Wrinkle No Follow Up

I read the reviews, met with both Amanda and Kelvin. Day of job noticed there was an unevenness- Amanada said give it a couple weeks to settle- we will take care of it. The unevenness got worse and they refused to fix it! I have been arguing with them for weeks and had someone come out, so what happened, the boards on my roof (its an old house so its slats) they were lifted when the old roof was taken off in some spots and where loose not nailed back down- now the shingles are lifting and wrinkling and water is getting in which is going to damage my house- so don't hire them Amanda just delays stuff- Kelvin never takes a call and this company refuses to fix their mistakes. Now because they won't fix this, I have to hire another company and recoup my costs in court- so consider this story before you hire these people. This was the worst mistake I have ever made hiring them.

your slandering the company when you don't know what's going on with the roof. I already explained what the problem was it has nothing to do with shingle removal, (but through text you blamed moisture under the shingles causing them to wrinkle) it's all about the wood on an old house. Also you NEVER said you were leaking, otherwise you'd be given immediate priority. Everything your saying is different than what we had been discussing. No matter what company or who you call to see the roof it's going to be the same thing without doing a whole bunch of woodwork on the roof. I don't appreciate you slandering a company's name without knowing the full extent of the issues. In addition we have returned every form of communication, we have not brushed it off, we agreed to come this weekend but you didn't wait for us before promptly hiring someone else.

Gino Monaco in Newmarket
Gino Monaco in Newmarket
1 review East Gwillimbury, ON

Roof Re-shingled

Thanks to Kelvin, Amanda and the entire crew, our re-shingled roof looks amazing! Kelvin Chong Roofing removed old shingles and added Owens Corning underlay and new Owens Corning onyx black shingles (30 year warranty, and 15 year warranty on labour). From the start they came prepared, all materials were on site as well as trailer bins to haul away the old roof (having an interlocking driveway I appreciated that no disposal bin was used). The large crew was amazing, each team member had simultaneous duties from shingle removal to protecting our heavily landscaped areas around the house. I really appreciated their patience in keeping us in the loop with all aspects of the job. They took the time to continuously walk the perimeter of the house and driveway in removing any nails and debris and by end of day their cleanup was remarkable. They also cleaned the gutters and made sure any future rainfall would flow freely off the roof to our downspouts. We are very pleased and thankful to Kelvin, Amanda and the crew and would not hesitate to recommend their services.

Thanks for the amazing review,we will be back on your street in no time, hope to see you guys again, pleasure doing business together.

wilson in Toronto
wilson in Toronto
1 review Ajax, ON

Professional roofing

Kelvin's roofing team did a fantastic job on my residential roof. They use high quality shingles backed by a 30 year warranty and 15 year labor warranty that is transferable to another owner.

They put a protective tarp around the house and had a team come by and swiftly remove all the old shingles. No mess in front and backyard!

Quality work at a reasonable price.

Special thanks to Amanda who was very polite, professional and concise on helping me choose the tiles and explain the whole process.

Highly recommended!

- Wilson

thanks for the review, enjoy your new worry free roof!

Paolo East York
Paolo East York

Garage Roof, Side Shingle and Eaves Repair

Garage, side wall shingles and eaves repair completed. Kelvin and staff were nice to work with. Recommended some solutions to problems presented well. Cleaned up and also listed to feedback and changed project accordingly.

thanks for the great review!

Dery from Richmond Hill
Dery from Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

reroof

Very professional team. No deposit required. Good advice and price. Later I have to call them back for a issue (Bird making nest under a corner where I worried there was a hole). It turns out it is not the roofer's fault but Kelvin fixed it for me anyway for free.

always happy to help, thanks!

rob from Richmond Hill
rob from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

replace 16yr old roof tiles

great service and workmanship at a reasonable cost. i sched. in Springtime to get mid-Summer appt. they came as schedule and i paid at the end of the day. I specifically, asked for exhaust vent fans for the bathrooms and not roof vents. for after sales service, his crew came out the next day to install 4" round ones. he also moved the location higher, to prevent snow/ice buildup...careful and trustworthy. no issues...recommended by me - intermediate handyman.

pleasure working together! thanks

Allan in Richmond Hill
Allan in Richmond Hill
6 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Re-roofing

I requested a quote from Kelvin Chong Roofing after noticing the good work they did on roofs in my neighbourhood this spring.

I live in an end unit townhouse and my immediate neighbour and I decided to proceed with the work at the same time.

Kelvin and a crew of seven arrived mid-June as scheduled at 8:30 a.m. At the same time, another crew was working on a semi-detached nearby.

The standard package of laminated shingles included felt paper on the overhangs, new valley flashings and roof vents.

While the original roof did not have any sort of underlayment or ice and water shield, I requested these items at extra cost.

I noted that the crew protected the patio door and rear windows with plywood from from any falling debris (the other side was protected by overhangs). They also laid plywood on the lawn from back to front to prevent ruts from the wheelbarrow hauling debris.

The work was completed at around 4:00 p.m. The crew removed all the old roofing debris and swept the lawn for nails with a magnet. They also used a leaf blower to clear my deck, patio and driveway of sand from the old singles.

As you can see from the photo, Kelvin's crew used a string line to ensure that the shingle line along the valley flashings were straight. This was not the case with the original builder's roofing contractor.

I highly recommend you consider Kelvin Chong Roofing for your next project.

Thanks Allan for the amazing review, we do our best to ensure our customers receive full satisfaction at the end of every job. We are glad your happy with our work and hope to see you again while we are working in the area again soon.

Midco from Richmond Hill
Midco from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Kelvin always promptly returned my calls to book my appointment. Everything was explained in perfect detail the materials and his services. As soon as the workers came to start everyone immediately started working in a timely manner. Everything was completed in a single day. The cleanup was spectacular, my house and the neighbours were double checked for debris and nails. The roof looks great! Extremely satisfied, would highly recommend kelvin to anyone looking for quality workmanship and a quality roof.

Thanks for the great review, always happy to hear from satisfied customers!

Dan from Mississauga
Dan from Mississauga

Roof shingles replaced

Kelvins roofing was recommended to us by friends along with other companies. After receiving estimates and comparing various products and services, we settled on Kelvin's roofing. Their pricing was very competitive and fair, no deposit was required and kelvin was quick to mention that payment was only required after the job was complete! We were extremely satisfied with both the finished product and the service we received. Amanda who handles much of the administrative handlings was very knowledgable and very professional when dealing with us. She kept us well informed on when the work was to be completed and was prompt at returning calls when we had questions. Kelvin and crew showed up on time and ready to work! We could not have asked for better service. You can see that they work together as a team, we'll organized and efficient... A well oiled machine... They did an excellent job on cleanup ensuring eaves troughs where clear of debris and the surrounding area around the house was clean as we'll. We recommend Kelvin and team highly! Thanks for a job well done, our roof looks great!

Thanks Dan for the amazing review, and very happy that your satisfied with our work! If you ever have any questions or need any other work (we offer various other services related to roofing) eaves troughs, soffit, almost anything aluminum ect just give us a call. Thanks again for taking the time.

More about Kelvin Chong Roofing Inc.

We get the job done and we don’t just meet expectations; we exceed them. We offer a wide variety of services. Our employees provide unmatched top quality service! In keeping with this desire, we’re not satisfied with our work until you are.
Looking for Roofing pros in Scarborough?