Ital Paving (1985) Ltd

Reviews for Ital Paving (1985) Ltd

Chris meerburg in Vaughan
Chris meerburg in Vaughan

Cant get ahold of them

Driveway not even a year old and it heaving like crazy. I called for warranty information, and can't get ahold of that lady or jerry.
I've paced 3 different driveways with different companies. These people aren't paving pros. I'm pretty sure jerry is the only one with experience.

Archie in Toronto
Archie in Toronto
1 review Orangeville, ON

Incompetent Paving Company

Ital Paving quoted paving my 900 foot driveway based on their “typical” 2” compacted (3” before compacting). The quote included supplying and compacting 3 to 4 Tri axle loads of granular “A” gravel prior to paving. I did not feel 2” compacted asphalt was suitable, so I had them requote the driveway with 3” compacted. This quote also specified a heavier rubber tired highway compactor. I agreed and paid extra for the thicker asphalt.
When they showed up, It didn’t appear they were applying the correct thickness of asphalt, so I asked the paving machine operator (who was the owner of Ital Paving) if he knew my quotation had specified 3” compacted. He said he did. At this point I left the crew alone and went back to other work on my new home, believing they knew I was watching. When they completed the work that day, I paid them the full contracted amount on the spot.
I kept all vehicle traffic off the driveway for several days. A week later, a 2’ square piece of asphalt began to break up. I removed and kept the loose pieces, which averaged only 3/4” thick! I immediately called their office and left a voice message on 2 different occasions. No response. Because it was at the end of the paving season, I gave them the benefit of my doubt, thinking maybe they had shut down for the winter. Over the winter, more deficiencies began to show. Several areas were quite coarse (which they say is normal). Well, it turned out that the asphalt was so porous that the water would drain right through it. Upon closer inspection, I found that I could just rub my shoe over the asphalt and the gravel underneath showed through. The pavement was actually only 1/4” thick! And this was in several locations. I also located areas where the asphalt was not only thin, they didn’t put any gravel down.
In the spring of 2019, when I was confident they would be open again, I called again. A receptionist answered. I explained what I was dealing with, and requested a call back from someone in authority. Still no return call. The next contact they will get will be from my lawyer. I have been involved in the construction industry for 51 years, and am founder and former owner (just sold my businesses and retired) of 3 construction companies (all still thriving), so they are very quickly going to find out they messed with the wrong guy.

Chatman Ron in Barrie
Chatman Ron in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Paving

I had got my driveway done by Ital Paving last year and it was amazing!
They were extremely professional and did my driveway right the first time.
The crew doesn't cut corners, and knew exactly what they were doing.
Great customer service on the phone and in person.
If you want it done right, choose Ital.

Mike in
Mike in

Driveway Heaving

My driveway was paved June 21/16 primarily due to a four foot wide area that was damaged and cracked. This area ran across the driveway approximately 2/3 the way from the house. This was discussed in detail with the sales representative Jerry and I tried to discuss it with the job superintendent on the day the driveway was paved but he was too busy on the phone to discuss my concerns. The damaged area was also noted on the estimate instructing the crew to "remove a few buckets (of) material" from the noted area. This was not done in my presence and I was advised by one of the crew that they rolled the area well enough to compact the damage. The contract states that the work is guaranteed for one year from installation. I've contacted the company and an office representative, who was very rude, advised that material was removed, which it wasn't.
As a result, the driveway heaved in the noted area this past winter by approximately two inches, for which I have photos taken on March 14/17. The area has now settled but there are two ripples running across the driveway in the noted area. I believe that the area in question needs to be dug out, material removed and repaved at the very least. However this will be very obvious as a patched area.

Lonnie from Orillia
Lonnie from Orillia
1 review Orillia, ON

Paving

Company ignored specifications in the contract and have created a major problem with water runoff into garage and creating potential for washout. They will not answer calls and did not show up as promised to correct problems. Lawsuit planned.

Looking for Paving Contractors pros in Vaughan?