A+ Professional Roofing - No Longer In Business

Formerly A+ Professional Roofing
343 Nepean St, Ottawa ON K1R 5G4
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Ottawa  >  A+ Professional Roofing - No Longer In Business

Reviews for A+ Professional Roofing - No Longer In Business

1 review Waterloo Regional Municipality, ON

Poor workmanship

The problems started the day of. We were told that one of the owners would be on site at all times, this was not the case he was there for a couple of hours in the morning and then not seen again. In the evening after the work crew had left I received a complaint from my neighbor that they had tapped into his hydro to run their equipment.-I later learned that they had burned out the extension cord that had bee provided. The real problems started a year and a half later. Water dripping from the ceiling in the hallway. upon attempting to contact them I learned that A+ Professional Roofing had closed. Fortunately Yves had left me his cell phone number and I was able to contact him directly. I was informed that yes the company had closed as was now operating a OAR Ottawa Affordable Roofing. I explained the situation and Yves said he would come by first thing in the morning. When asked what first thing meant hes responded between 7:00 and 9:00 am. A few minute later (10 - 15) I received a call from Yves asking if they replaced the flashing. He was attempting to use this as an excuse as to why the roof might be leaking. He informed me that they did not normally due this as many people complained about the cost. In this case no limitation were put on them by us, they were simply instructed to do what was necessary to replace the roof. His position was that if that was the case it would not be a warranty situation. In my humble opinion on a 35 year old house replacing the flashing is something that should be included. So we sat with water dripping from the ceiling. 9:00am the next morning came and Yves was a no show. 9:30 and Yves did not even answer his phone. Despite the fact that we had other obligations that day someone was available at the house until 4:00pm - still a no show. At this point we went up on the roof to access the situation only to discover that no calking had been used and the flashing had not been secured properly. With more wind and rain in the forecast we calked and secured the flashing as best we could to reduce the risk of further damage to the (already damaged) ceiling. 6:30pm finally received a call back from Yves- he wanted to came and have a look then. That would have been pointless as this time of year it is pretty dark by 6:30 and it would have been a minimum half hour before he would arrive. It would be my opinion that this problem was the result of extremely poor workmanship on the part of the workers and negligence on the part of the owners for not ensuring that this job was done correctly.
I believe the phrase Buyer - Be - Ware comes to mind. I could not in good consciences recommend A+ Professional Roofing or their new name OAR Ottawa A fordable Roofing for anything other than perhaps sweeping my driveway – o but then they really didn’t do an adequate job of that either.

Isabelle routhier from Ottawa
Isabelle routhier from Ottawa

Roof redone

We needed our roof done, and got amazing service from A + roofing
Good price and good honest service
They were on time and very efficient
And they cleaned up after the work... Very satisfied

Barbara Stapley from Ottawa
Barbara Stapley from Ottawa

roofing

We are happy we went with At Professional Roofing. They came one later but managed to complete the service in one day. They were very thorough and worked very hard. They cleaned up thoroughly. We like the look of the roof. We would definitely recommend their services.

Tom  Nicholas from Ottawa
Tom Nicholas from Ottawa

Service

Yves was excellent to deal with. His pricing for a top of the line roof was very reasonable. The installers completed the project on the same day and did a fantastic job.

M Bradley from Ottawa
M Bradley from Ottawa

Roofing Service

My wife and I really love our new roof. The roofers were very pleasant and provided excellent workmanship and a quality product. The roof was done on schedule and everything was cleaned up afterwards as if they were never here. Yves and Mickael are very easy to deal with and you can tell that their company is all about customer satisfaction. If you are looking for an honest and professional roofer, “A Plus Professional roofing" is a very reputable company. I strongly recommend "A Plus Professional roofing" and would not hesitate in using them again or recommending them. Thank you A+ Roofing, excellent work.

Marie-Josée from Ottawa
Marie-Josée from Ottawa

New roof

Great workmanship. Very pleasant to deal with. Always available to promply answer questions by phone or email. Very satisfied with the final result. Clean up was very thorough. We would recommend them anytime!

Jacky from Ottawa
Jacky from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Our roof was well done; the team is very polite and approachable, very easy to reach by phone.
It seems they had a very busy schedule. They had to start the work a day later (Tuesday instead of Monday), but they make sure to contact us to let us know. Also, after the roof was done, they left eavestrough unclean over the weekend, but it was cleaned during the next week.
We had a few misunderstanding/miscommunication, but A+ Professional Roofing handled everything with our satisfaction.
Yves is very responsive to questions and requests. He gave us a good offer with a good warranty, and his team did a great job.

Review has 3 previous versions
Bryan Tipper from Etobicoke
Bryan Tipper from Etobicoke
1 review Kanata, ON

Re-roofing

My roof started leaking one night and I was in a world of trouble, so I contacted over 30 roofing companies begging for immediate help. All independent roofers quoted well over $350 to simply throw on tarps to temporarily stop the leak. I then got a call from A+ Professional Roofing stating that they could tarp my roof for a minimal cost (<$200) and deduct this cost from the re-roofing (if I decided to go this route). What an option! Immediately save $300 and potentially $500 if I get the re-roofing with them.

Over the course of 24 hours, I received over 10 quotes for full re-roofing, ranging from $3500-$6500 for a 1700sqft roof. A+ Professional Roofing came in as the 2nd best price with the best shingle option and best workmanship warranty. They also stated that the warranties were transferable to future homeowners, which is great for myself since I plan on selling my house within the next 5 years. The salesperson, Yves Berube, was also extremely informative, and took the time to provide a detailed explanation of the entire re-roofing process.

Before deciding to sign a contract, we checked reviews of A+ Professional Roofing on HomeStars and BBB. Both sites had excellent comments commending the workmanship of A+. Taking the price, shingle quality, company reputation, and likeability all into consideration, it was an easy choice to go with A+.

After signing the contract, we were expecting to get re-roofing done in 2-3 weeks. However, to our surprise, A+ contacts us 5 days later and lets us know that they can start in 2 days. Awesome!

Fast forwarding to the end: We have our shingles fully installed and they look great! The crew was polite, fast, efficient, quiet, and very professional. They also took the time to explain the intricacies of their work. Great job guys!

Thanks to Yves & Mickael for the excellent re-roofing.

Sincerely,
Bryan

More about A+ Professional Roofing - No Longer In Business

This company is closed and the owners have opened new businesses. Yves Berube, is currently operating under Ottawa's Affordable Roofing and is ready to serve you.