Keith MY Furnace Guy

Mark  Smith from Calgary
Mark Smith from Calgary
7 reviews Cochrane, AB

Furnace Inspection & Clean

Very happy with the work completed by Keith.

Arrived on time and immediately got to work cleaning / inspecting my furnace before working on all my ducts.

Keith provided a detailed report on furnace and made recommendation to use the less expensive fiber glass filters as the furnace was not getting enough air and overheating. I previously bought the expensive filters but this now does make sense as my furnace is older. Keith also made some other corrections to ensure most efficient air flow throughout the house.

Happy to recommend to others. Worked quick but was very thorough with the job.

Thank you.

Great to hear. Glad your satisfied.
Thanks for this message.

PaulS in Calgary
PaulS in Calgary

Extremely thorough

Scheduled a furnace cleaning that was overdue. Keith provided a two hour window which he was scheduled to arrive, and arrive promptly at the start of that window. I was extremely impressed that he began his inspection and cleaning by verifying that all components were in working order prior to beginning any service. No other company I have had in the past did this. Keith also brought to my attention the lack of detail that the "big guys" did with their previous cleaning - example were the cut outs for access for cleaning were so small and covered by huge panels that there was no way a proper cleaning could have been performed. Other debris found in the furnace was likely there for many years due to the vintage of the toys found beside the heat exchanger and in the ductwork. I won't have anyone else service my furnace anymore and will recommend Keith to all my friends and family.

Great to hear . I love this. Thanks again for your business.

BDW in Calgary
BDW in Calgary

Seized Blower Motor

Sent Keith an email this morning around 11am, at 5pm his Technician Chas came by and within a half hour had our furnace back up and running. Top notch work, very professional and eager to answer questions.

Very happy to hear this. Thank you for your business

Adam in Calgary
Adam in Calgary

Furnace Inspection and Duct Cleaning

I would highly recommend Keith and was very pleased with his efficient and thorough service. Really appreciated the time he took to explain ways to make my older furnace (27 years) more efficient and he addressed some long standing issues that had not been caught during earlier inspections and cleanings. This was a great value compared to some of the other companies I had looked at and he genuinely cares about about doing a great job for customers. Thanks!

Very happy to have been able to help

AmyB in Calgary
AmyB in Calgary

Duct cleaning, furnace inspection & servicing

Keith immediately responded to my request for inspection, servicing/duct cleaning when I emailed him for a Saturday appointment. He was here on time as scheduled. He conducted a thorough inspection of my furnace, pointed out where a previous company had botched an insulation job, and fixed it for a small fee. He came well equipped for the job and had my whole place done fast. Very courteous and friendly service and an excellent price for the job he did. I hadn't had my ducts cleaned in about 8 years and he removed almost 4 pounds of dirt and dog hair today.

Advised on proper furnace filters (I guess I was using the wrong kind all this time!). Keith wrote clear instructions for me on what type of filters and where best to buy some.

I am very happy with Keith's service and I will definitely be using him again. Already recommended to a friend today.

Thanks Keith, you are great!

So very nice to read a positive review. Thanks . My pleasure.

John in Toronto
John in Toronto

Furnace Duct Cleaning

Keith arrived on time (a bit early even!), worked quickly, efficiently and gave our heating ducts a cleaning as requested and at a cost a little less than his quote that had been based on my over-count of the number of vents. We will have him back in the future for sure!

Thanks so much for showing your review of Keith .

Miranda in Calgary
Miranda in Calgary

Amazing service

Keith arrived on time (a bit early even!), worked quickly, efficiently and gave our firnace the much needed servicing it required! We will have him back in the future for sure!

Thanks so much for the review.

Mango in Calgary
Mango in Calgary

Furnace cleaning

As Mr. Last began the furnace cleaning process, he manipulated the furnace gas valve and realized that the valve would not close or reopen again. Keith, after informing us that the cleaning could not proceed, charged a fee for the service call which we paid. But he left without warning us to watch for the potential dangers of a gas leak. The gas valve was damaged during his inspection, resulting in a subsequent gas leak, which we discovered later accidentally. Given that the furnace is rather old, we are not blaming him entirely in the valve damage. However, someone with his furnace cleaning experience should have exercised caution and told us to watch for a potential leak. If the leak had not been discovered in time, we hate to think of the loss and harm to life and property that surely would have taken place.

Hello
Mr Last here. Yes there was a gas leak discovered coming from an old, neglected 40 year old furnace.
This story is missing some key information.

I agreed to try and help you as you called looking for same day service. I drove in from Okotoks from a previous job and this is why there was a charge of $40 for travel/ gas and my time.
Upon arrival you told me this was a friends house that you wanted the 2 furnaces cleaned, inspected and tuned up as they were coming home from the hospital and wanted everything clean and taken care of.

Before starting the job we discussed that the furnaces MUST pass inspection before anything else could happen.

During the inspection I had turned gas off to 1 of the 2 furnaces only to discover on the second furnace the gas valve was faulty and would not turn of the gas from the valve 100%.

I immediately brought this to your attention. I indicated I could NOT continue until REPAIRS were made.

I offered my services to have the gas valve replaced. You indicated this would not be necessary as you had a handyman gasfitter that could do the repair. I said you don’t understand that I have to turn off the gas to the house and therefor will be no heat. This initially made you concerned about there not being heat to the house .

You then disclosed that this handyman would come and take care of the gas valve issue. I asked to be paid for my time and travel and charged $40.

I left and then received a phone call15 minutes later from the handyman that arrived and he indicated there was a smell of gas and requested I return to which I returned for the second time.
We discussed that he couldn’t do the repair. I immediately turned off gas to the house and offered again to make arrangements for the repair which were declined as now you decided it was time to replace the furnaces entirely.

Based on the fact the owner of the house was not there, decisions could not be made the only thing left for me was to leave.

This is what happened. The house was now safe with the gas off , unfortunately without heat or decisions made even though the handyman indicated the furnaces would be replaced.

4 months later this review is posted and I have no idea if anything has been done even after offering help.

Angie in Cochrane
Angie in Cochrane

Great Serive

Keith made this easy from the start. Emailed him and was able to get a Saturday appt., always appreciate that. He was on time and did a thorough job...and it was a big one. I had been neglecting this. He shared lots of information with me and is very passionate about his work. He is definitely My Furnace Guy going forward!

Great to hear and thank you.

Richard from Calgary
Richard from Calgary

Furnace Vent and Duct Cleaning

Keith did a great job cleaning our furnace and vent. He came to the appointment on time and kept the area clean. He also went above and beyond my repairing/fixing duct insulation that was not addressed by a previous vent/furnace cleaning company. This other furnace/vent cleaning company is also highly rated on HomeStarts...so better to go with Keith! It was clear, Keith takes a lot of pride in his job and is very thorough and honest. Will use him again in the future.

Thanks so much

More about Keith MY Furnace Guy

☺ Keith MY Furnace guy ☺
2013 -- 2017 BEST OF CALGARY

#1 Consumer rated // A+ Rated BBB
Get the most combined services offered in Calgary at the lowest prices.

******* SALE NOW ON **********
***starting at $119.00 and up....see below****

34 years serving Calgary and Southern Alberta

All Cleanings done by Keith the owner.

A+ RATED WITH BBB

TEXT >>>> 4 0 3 - 8 0 3 - 9 5 1 1

Full House package

$ 1 1 9. 0 0 Furnace and 10 vents duct cleaned
$___all vents over 10 at $8 each
$ 40.00 additionally for high efficiency furnace, air conditioning equipped furnaces,Zoned systems, HRV cleaning, fan coils

?? W H Y ???
for material, labor and time to clean inspect the reheat coil or a/c coil on these furnaces
☼☀

FURNACE ONLY Cleaning (No vents or ducts)

$ 9 9. 0 0
Tune up, 30 point inspection,cleaning, humidifier check, hot water tank check
*** NO VENTS , NO DUCTS ******

Cleaned Inspected tune up and performance evaluation

30 + YEARS EXPERIENCE serving these great communities Calgary,Chestermere,Cochrane,Airdrie,Okotoks,Strathmore, High river, Black Diamond, Turner Valley, southern Alberta

Appointment Times

Appointment #1
8 30 AM
Then requiring 2 to 3 hours to perform services

Appointment #2
Arrival NOT at 11 but anytime between window of 11 - 1 sometime and need 2 hours to do job after finally arriving......and
then need 2 plus hours to perform service's after finally arriving.

Appointment #3
Arrival NOT at 2 but anytime between 2 - 4pm sometime and
Then need 2 plus hours to perform services after finally arriving

ALL APPOINTMENT TIMES REQUIRE 2 TO 4 HOURS TO Complete

30 YEARS EXPERIENCE
SERVING CALGARY, CHESTERMERE, COCHRANE, AIRDRIE , OKOTOKS, STRATHMORE, BLACK DIA
BONDED, INSURED WARRANTY APPROVED

WINNER OF HOME STARS
BEST OF CALGARY
2013 -- 2017

FREE 30 POINT FURNACE INSPECTIONS
FREE FURNACE VENT AND DUCT PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS , FREE FURNACE TUNEUPS, SANITIZED SYSTEMS, Hot Water tank check, humidifier check

CLEANING and INSPECTION OF FURNACE, VENTS, DUCTS, AIR CONDITIONING COILS, REHEAT COILS, FAN COILS, HIGH VELOCITY FURNACES, GEOTHERMAL FURNACE