Red Bins Disposal

Reviews for Red Bins Disposal

Dan Gonzo
Dan Gonzo

Red Bin disposal

Not a pleasant experience. When I placed the order over the phone I explained what will go in the bin, all items categorized on their website as clean fill. She sent the invoice for mixed waste. The clean fill disposal is a flat rate of $450 for a 14 Cubic yard bin. The mixed fill is charged by ton disposal fee and a $150 fee for bin rental. I ended up paying over $1400 for a bin that should have costed me $450. When I called the next day that I need a second bin, they were at my door by 7:30 am next day. When I called about my second bin being full and not requesting another for replacement, they sent the driver two days later, even though I had pre-arranged items being delivered that day. When I called them back asking about the difference in price, I was told that I could not mix dirt with stones, even though on their website it is clearly defined what clean fill means. I ended up paying almost $1000 extra for one bin. It is clear that they don't care about the private customers, probably they deal in a different manner with contractors who are repeat customers. I am seriously contemplating taking them to court for false advertising and misleading the customers.There are companies out there that would provide me with a bin for clean fill for a flat rate of $250, only I found that out after my experience with Red Bin.
In the end I was able to speak with the manager who agreed to charge me at their cost which means $65 per tone and the $150 rental fee and waived the $100 for their mistake in sending the wrong bin size the first time. They kind of gave something back but still not completely satisfied.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Home renovation disposal

Service was courteous and staff were friendly and mostly available. No mistakes in the execution. However, was charged 2 tons on items that were basically thin-walled wood panel. I called and asked for the ticket to confirm the weight, and the service advisor explained that they do not give out the tickets. The lack of transparency in disposal fees is my main reason for this rating. Whether or not they're being honest, I'll never know.

Rita from Toronto
Rita from Toronto

Amazing company

I have dealt with red bins 3 times already, they are the best priced, the most efficient and the nicest staff. I love this company and would recommend this company to everyone!

Shanth in Whitchurch-Stouffville
Shanth in Whitchurch-Stouffville
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Service & Timing

Great service in dropping the bin off on time. Got a chance to really understand the available options and pick the correct size based on my needs. Customer service was exceptional. Definitely recommend them to family and friends and I am now a repeat customer.

They should call themselves Rude Bins

I called Red Bins on Tuesday and ordered a bin for Wednesday morning drop-off. I was assured it was no problem. I have a worker ready to go based on this information.

Wednesday noon rolls around and no bin in sight.

I call to ask where my bin is and I am told they make no guarantees and unfortunately they over-booked and the driver is behind schedule. I pointed out that I had a worker who was being paid to do nothing and was brusquely told that they are not responsible for any of that. Fair enough, I wasn't asking for them to pay my worker.

I said the problem was that I wasn't told when I placed the order that the bin might arrive later in the day.

I cancelled the order and the response was "Fine, thank you sir", as though all they wanted me to do all along was cancel.

What a way to run a business… into the ground.

This user is not a customer of RedBins Disposal. It is clearly stated that a transaction needs to take place in order for a user to leave a review. This user cancelled his order because he could no longer wait for his delivery. No transaction was ever made. Please enforce your policies.

Rob McCowan in York
Rob McCowan in York

4 bins

I used Redbins for part of my 400sqft 2nd floor remodel, the floor was gutted entirely including the roofing (lathe & plaster, flooring, shingles, misc). The invoices say it was over 8 metric tonnes across 4 bins (I still have one invoice incoming) which I think was pretty accurate.

Their drop offs were often late in the afternoon, and their pickups were around 6:30am meaning you functionally only get about 5 days out of your week of rental (3pm drop off wednesday, 6:30am pickup wednesday).

Twice the driver had to wake me up at 6:30am to move my car as I wasn't expecting the pickup to happen so early. He's just doing his job, but Redbins should have given me a heads up about the timing.

I called to extend my last bin rental by a week, but the message didn't make it to their drivers. I gave them late notice which was my fault, but I got confirmation about the extension and the driver was here to pickup the bin anyways. I would have preferred to hear the extension wasn't possible and I would have been able to make other arrangements.

Improvements they could make
- Give your clients pickup and drop off time windows so we can prep the area for your drivers
- Put a drain on the back of your bins to help with water runoff
- Make sure you tell your clients the same story you tell your drivers, they work hard for you and shouldn't be in charge of handling customer relations.

redbins bin rental

everything went perfect until i was overcharged for a tarp i didnt order and numerous attempts to contact them were ignored. was happy with service but after paying they dont care anymore.

Disposal Bin

My first discussion with this company was very good - everything sounded fine and they were very accomodating, even through a mucked up permit process. The person on the phone was very friendly. The bin was delivered on short notice, but the company was not clear in describing their pickup process. My first discussions with them indicated the pickup could happen the same day. When I finally was able to accept the bin (some weeks after those first discussions), they did not advise me that it would take a lot longer to pick up the bin since it was a very busy weekend. This might have been fine, but in trying to get the bin picked up quickly (it was occupying our only parking space) the conversation with them (same person as before) quickly deteriorated. I wrote an earlier version of this review saying I was happy with the dropoff but the pickup was taking a while (again, my impression was same-day pickup and this was several days later, after essentially being told a couple of times "we'll get to it when we can"), and when I phoned for a third time to inquire about when the bin could be picked up, the person on the phone really let me have it. They accused me of distorting facts in my review (where I stated that they hung up on me - they may not realize they did, but they did), accused me of being dishonest about my conversation with the driver of the dropoff truck, was practically yelling at me saying I should be ashamed of myself, and would not listen to any amount of reasoning. I was ridiculed for not knowing that they would be very busy on this particular weekend (Victoria Day Weekend). By the end of the call, they were threatening to leave the bin in my driveway until they felt like picking it up, unless I removed my review. When I asked to speak to a manager, she refused to let me speak with anyone else. The bin ended up getting picked up shortly afterwards. The irony is that my original review would have been a lot more positive than this one - but under no circumstances would I ever use this company again nor would I recommend them to anyone else.

Poor drivers, poor service, deplorable company

While dropping off a bin the inexperience driver tore out my entire retaining wall, dragged it into the middle of the street, and then pleaded with my contractor to help him demolish the wall so that he could physically clear it from the middle of the road. For this damage I received a $50 discount and a comment that "these things happen" and that "it's in the fine print". To add insult to injury, they would not even accept responsibility, blaming poor weather for dragging my wall into the road! Anthony (owner, manager) has no idea how to treat his customers and I suspect does not care for repeat business. Using this company will end up costing me $1000+ to fix their mistakes.

More about Red Bins Disposal

Hassle free Disposal Bin Rentals and Junk Removal in Toronto and GTA. RedBins provides fast, efficient service to residential and commercial customers. Our fleet consists of smaller trucks for tight spots as well as larger trucks that can deliver any size of bin from 04 yard to 40 yards.
Looking for Junk Removal pros in North York?