Modern General Contractor

Toronto ON M4J 2J8
Modern General Contractor

Reviews for Modern General Contractor

Mike and his crew are the best!

Mike and his crew are the best!

I’ve been in my home for 25 years. It was time to replace my old deck on the third floor. After removing the deck, I could see that the old flat roof was heavily blistered with air pockets. Time to call a professional roofer! I asked my neighbours for some recommendations, and found Mike at Modern General. I had 4 quotes from other roofers. Mike’s price was the best price, even factoring in a complete stripping of the old roof to the boards (80 years/ 4 layers of old material!). His quote included an added layer of insulation, full clean up and removal, and all new flashing and caulking.

Mike’s crew are friendly, professional, courteous, and don’t waste time. They arrived exactly when they said they would. Their clean up was thorough, and the finished roof was almost perfect! There was a small dip that had a bit of pooling after a heavy rain. Mike and his crew came back and fixed that dip at no extra charge. Now the roof is perfect! You might have to wait a bit for Mike to return your call, but that’s because he’s on the roof, working with his crew. I respect an owner/manager willing to get his hands dirty. I highly recommend Mike and Modern General Contractor!

Daniel in Toronto
Daniel in Toronto

Very satisfied with roofing job

Mike and his team completed a roofing job on my place, involving stripping the old shingles and laying new shingles down. Mike is very responsive and easy to work with and his crew is very hard working and professional - they did a great job. This job also involved re-routing some downspouts which his crew did for me. Very happy with the work and the price was the best out of all the quotes received.
Mike's team also did roofs for a bunch of others that I know and their roofs are still in great shape many years later.
Thanks for the work.

ROCCO  ADDORISIO from Toronto
ROCCO ADDORISIO from Toronto

addorisior@gmail.com

Modern General Contractor is really a very professional company, Mike and his workers do a very clean and professional workmanship, I do not hesitate to reccomend to anybody that needs roof work or similar jobs.

I am completely satisfied.

Hugh from Toronto
Hugh from Toronto

Replacing a 20 year old mansard roof on a 1947 house

Very professional
Quick and thorough estimate, hard working crew, went the extra mile to respond to queries and showed respect for house & owners.
Cleaned up site and left things very tidy. Used magnets to clean driveway of nails
Would recommend without reservation

Awaiting the first rainstorm, the acid test!

G in East York
G in East York

Roof replacement

Mike at Modern quoted on our roofing replacement. He made us aware that we had a full ice barrier and that the job would be less expensive than the initial estimate. Came on time, did extra eaves trough work, cleaned up like they were never there. Saved thousands of dollars than the original estimate. BTW he was recommended by one of his friendly competitors who wasn't able to tackle that size job. That speaks volumes.

G. C.

Roof

Excellent roofing company with quality craftsmanship taking care of the entire roof system. Mike and his crew made sure that there were no compromises from shingles to underlayment and proper valleys. A higher standard of roof installation.

BillZ
BillZ

New Roof

I am writing as the real customer of the job which a neighbour complained about in his posting of September 8. In fact, Modern Roofing did an excellent job. They were pleasant and professional and did their best to accommodate our neighbours who use the public lane adjacent to our property as a shortcut. This company did an excellent job. Lane access was interrupted when necessary for safety reasons (cleanup of roofing nails, protection from falling debris, etc.). The complainant was the only one of all our neighbours who raised a fuss. Rather than use the alternate route available to them or wait the few minutes requested to ensure their safe passage, they instead chose to aggressively attack and berate the workers who were merely trying to do their jobs. Their posted rating should be ignored. We have learned to expect the occasional inconvenience which is unavoidable in this congested area where contractors are commonly engaged in necessary work. By the way, their price was for roofing of both halves of a semi and two garages and seemed very reasonable.

Tony in Toronto
Tony in Toronto

Roof repair

Modern put a new roof on my old house two years ago; then a couple of months ago I found a leak in the house we just moved into. His employees came within a couple of days and did the necessary repairs with clear explanations. It was a small job and the freebie bonus was great. I know I'll need more work done in the next year and I'll call Mike first.

rob sannella from East York
rob sannella from East York
1 review East York, ON

Warranty Re-Roof

Modern General helped me with a recent warranty claim on my roof. The shingles on my roof were defective within a few years of installation and Mike guided me through the manufacture's warrantly process and gave me a fair quote for the labour costs and completed the work immediately. As well, my neighbours homes are very close and the demolition and clean up of his team was fast and clean....my neighbours didnt even know they were there that day!

franco in Etobicoke
franco in Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

I have used Modern General Contractors on 3 separate homes. They have always come in with a fair estimate, when some quotes have been 50% or higher. They did exactly what they promised on a written quote, came in stripped the roof of old materials, replaced any rotten wood, laid new underlayment, and singles in a professional and clean look. They also cleaned up thoroughly after the work and not 1 nail was left on the ground. They were professional, did what they said they would do, and did the job on budget with no hassles. A true professional in an industry of transient companies.

Tom - Etobicoke

Looking for Roofing pros in East York?