Flying Colours Painting

Paint & Wallpaper Contractors
Ottawa ON K1Z 5Y7
HomeStars  >  Paint & Wallpaper Contractors in Ottawa  >  Flying Colours Painting

Reviews for Flying Colours Painting

1 review Wilmot, ON

Flying Colours Paintings work

Flying Colours Painting did a great job at my house. Paul Gagnon came to our house and took a sample of the color on the walls. He sent Chad and the perfect matching paint to my house to freshen up my walls. I really appreciate their team work. Now my house looks amazing! Thank you very much for a job well done!
Thanh Phượng Dalton

Getting ready to resell property in Ottawa begins and ends with Paint. Love the housing market.

House Painting

We contacted Paul as he came recommended from an acquaintance. He answered our emails promptly and showed up for appointments when he said he would. He provided us with a quote very quickly and was able to start and finish the work within the timeline and the budget we needed.
We are very satisfied with the quality of work and service provided and would be happy to recommend Flying Coulours Painting to anyone.

Another example of painting to increase the value of their home.... These clients are now ready to list their house and put it on the market. We're glad we can be of service.

Heather in Ottawa
Heather in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Front Entry, hallway, baseboards, and door trim painted

This was the 3rd time we hired Flying Colours to do a job for us. We've had painting done by them both inside and outside our home. Each time the owner, Paul, has been very professional and easy to work with. When we have noticed anything that needed to be corrected, it was swiftly made right. He has gone above and beyond with scheduling and working around and with other trades. He's always willing to go the extra mile to make sure we are satisfied, even when he really didn't have to. Respect was shown for our home. The clean up after the job was completed was done properly.

Heathers casings were all changed out in her lower areas with slightly thinner products. By taking the time to scrape down the old caulk lines and application of drywall compound and re-beading all the caulking , the results are outstanding and make our clients as well as the carpenter look like superstars.

Glad we could be of service again to you and your family Heather.

molly in Carleton Place
molly in Carleton Place

Ceiling and Hallway Painting

Paul and his team are extremely professional and did an excellent job painting my upstairs hallway - walls and ceiling. I live in a 90 year old house, he fixed the ceiling where it was damaged and made it look brand new. Highly recommended, you will not be disappointed!

Settling cracks are really common in older homes , Lathe and plaster are notorious for cracks above door and window frames. With some TLC and patience , these character features can blend in with the walls nicely. Thank you for the business Molly.

Lise in Ottawa
Lise in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Professional Painting, honest crew!

Paul & his team came to paint my new condo, they were careful and meticulous ! They confirmed the colors before starting and certainly went be hound the call of duty!

Truly appreciated their service

Lise renovated her kitchen by removing walls to open up the area. We accomodated prior to the reno the painting work of all other areas then returned after the reno to touchup where construction occurred. Being the last trade out , we make the carpenters look like superstars!! Above and be hound !

Sandi Garber in Kitchener
Sandi Garber in Kitchener

Wallpaper

I was looking for a company that would hang wallpaper for me. This was a fairly small job, but the wall was a focal point in the living room and needed to be done in such a way that it would not drive me crazy looking at mistakes. The job was completed in short order, everything looked amazing and there was no mess. Paul even had the time and patience to use the rest of the roll to create a coordinating spot in my kitchen. It has been almost a year now and everything still looks perfect - no peeling, bubbling, etc. I would definitely use this company again and highly recommend it.

Thank you for the kind review Sandi, I love the in and out jobs where 3-4 hours can make such a difference in someones home.

Levon Jones in Mississauga
Levon Jones in Mississauga

Painting

Paul painted my house to prepare it for sale. The crew was very good and very fast. Paul was very friendly. I recommended him to 3 of my friends and he did a great job for them as well. It looked great and the house sold in 2 weeks.

Levon was referred by another client of ours and the job was in Mississauga , so we took a road trip out to the GTA and performed his project for him. We love real estate work , the easiest way to increase the value of your home is to paint , as well we will take the time to do the proper preparation work with existing deficiencies to not give anyone a reason not to buy your house!!

Beware

If you're looking to paint a barn or an outdoor fence, I might recommend Flying Colours. But if you're looking for professional interior paint work, do yourself a favour and look elsewhere. I hired Flying Colours to paint my house and it was a complete nightmare. Extremely unprofessional and sloppy work. No prep work, terrible cutting and simply amateurish. Every day I notice places that have been missed or that look disgusting. I will be repainting my place soon as it now looks awful. Deeply regret hiring this company.

Thank you for your feedback within this forum, it is great that there is a place that is neutral to voice positive and negative feedback on past projects. This particular project was very challenging in two areas, One with the scope of work and the second with the mindset of the client.

We were called to his 2 bedroom condo to finish a job that was started by a friend of the client who smeared ceiling paint dripping from the top areas of the perimeter of his living room / dining room. Our contract was to paint the walls and touch up some ceilings and baseboards which the previous person had attempted. Rescue missions often put peoples attitudes on red alert as they feel violated and wounded. We proceeded to scrape and patch the dripping ceiling paint issues and patch all those deficiencies as well as the baseboards which were similarly covered with drips. On a 30 year old unit that has been painted probably 6 to 8 times in the past, our clients expectations for the final product was unrealistic with the conditions of the walls . On condo units with floor to ceiling windows on 3 sides of the living room, all deficiencies from past paintwork is thoroughly visible, especially on sunny days. We explained that short of re-skimming his entire living room / dining room, those deficiencies were going to be noticeable. We wanted to help him and charged him $1600 with our client supplying the materials. After multiple visits, countless emails and 3 final shifts from myself personally it was very clear to me that this client would never be satisfied. I reduced the price to $1300, I absorbed another $295 in additional materials and after another email stating that he found other areas that were deficient, I finally had to respectfully refuse another home visit and refer him to another painting company.

After 6 years on HomeStars, this is the first "0" rating that we have received. I often look on review sites for services or products that I'm interested in and there are always a small percentage of people who are posting negative reviews and are very difficult to please, this client falls into that category. We pride ourselves on our integrity and commitment to our clients satisfaction but sometimes boundaries need to be erected and this proved to be one of those times.

I appreciate the opportunity to voice my side of this review.

Respectfully submitted,
Paul Gagnon
Owner
Flying Colours Painting

1 review Aurora, ON

Exterior Siding & Trim

Paul and his crew did an excellent job of painting the exterior siding and trim of my house. They were on time and professional. The house looks great. I will definitely use his company to paint the interior of my house when I'm ready. I highly recommend him to anyone.

Interior walls in entery

Paul was super efficient and professional. He and his team mate came in and patched and painted a two story entry within about 3.5 hours. No mess, and the paint matched the other walls 100%" I would totally recommend his work to anyone!

Thank you for the kind words. The easiest way to improve the "Pop" factor of a main entrance is to paint it but more importantly is to prep it properly by squaring out nicks in corners , sand it properly and feather it out , then prime , then paint x 2 full coats.
It was my pleasure making such a difference in a realitively short period of time...Flying Colours Painting , " Thats How We Roll! "

More about Flying Colours Painting

Flying Colours Precision Painting is a local Ottawa company that specializes in Interior and Exterior Painting , Restaurant Painting , Showroom Painting , Wallpapering and Photo Walls , Faux Finishing and Commercial Painting. We paint Decks , Fences and any exterior product such as benches , flowerboxes and even your ...