Calibre Electric Inc

HomeStars  >  Electricians in Burlington  >  Calibre Electric Inc

Reviews for Calibre Electric Inc

Chantell T
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Overall Calibre provided great service and did an excellent job on the electrical work. We were referred to them thru Pioneer Pools in Burlington. Only comment would be overall responsiveness was a bit of challenge in organizing the job and getting some call backs, but nothing that wasn’t rectified by the staff and at the end they delivered exactly what we needed and when. Price comparison was also highly competitive and reasonable given the amount of work onsite.
Would definitely use them again.

dretep in Hamilton
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

Needed to upgrade from 100A to 200A for hot tub and run long cable for hot tub panel outside. Jeff was great in explaining work to be done and pricing was clear. Replaced the original 100A panel and 60A add-on from previous home owner renos with a 200A with new breakers on all circuits. Impressive job with the panel upgrade and the hot tub cable run was done cleanly. Was also interested in getting a generator installed by them but that might be for another day. They went above and beyond by removing some old exterior wiring and capping and sealing the cable for future use if needed.

Rico in Etobicoke

I was referred to Jeff by Beachcomber Hot Tubs as a good electrical contractor, and contacted him to come by to quote running the cable and circuit for a the new hot tub I was about to purchase. Jeff showed up on time, and actually remembered me from when he came by 3 years ago to quote on a Generac generator. I was shocked to see the price on the quote Jeff gave me - in a good way. The previous quotes were more than double his quote. This left me a bit skeptical at first - thinking - why is his price so different? But booked Calibre nonetheless. The guys just left an hour ago - and the work they did was amazing. They had to run the huge cable across my finished basement ceiling, and out the side of my house - and run conduit to the back. They only had to make 2 small cuts in my ceiling to fish the cable, and the neatness of the job was well beyond my expectations. The guys were professional, neat, tidy, friendly and very open to questions. The job took a few hours - which is far less than I had thought. I even showed them the quote I received from another electrical contractor and they were just as confused at the over-priced quote as I was. I would definitely use these guys again. Thanks Calibre!

Thank you so much for the review! happy to work with you.

Jai in Oakville

On the recommendation of Sundance Spas we decided against our better judgment to use Calibre Electric Inc for the electrical work. On their suggestion, and what I thought was a great idea I installed an additional GFI outlet next to the hot tub junction box. I received a quote from Calibre for $1553. After the work was done I received an invoice for $1615. When I questioned the amount they said it was for a permit for the outlet. Asked why it wasn't included on the quote when there was already a permit for the hot tub for $145, they had no answer and removed the item. The guys that ran the cabling in the basement did an amateurish job and because I wanted nothing more to do with them I didn't bother to have it fixed as I wasn't planning on finishing the basement - their cabling will be a problem for anyone looking to finish the basement. This work was done in November and we went through winter without using the outlet. Went outside over Easter weekend to use the outlet and it was not working - contacted Calibre and explained what the situation was and everything we had done to get the the outlet working, turning on and off the break for the outlet, pressing reset and test and explained that the hot tub was working fine just the outlet wasn't working. Their response was "Will someone be home today for the technician to have a look at the problem? we will need a credit card # nothing will be processed if it's a manufacturer defect" That was it, no information on how much could be charged to my credit card and why. What other defect could there be? the outlet was never used and that was told to them. After calling the office Carmen told me that they are losing money and so they need a credit card before they come out. Even though everything points to being an issue specifically with the outlet - and is under warranty. She insisted there could be other products causing the issue - where I asked? What other product? How is that possible when that is the only product in that space - she was more interested in arguing with me and justifying this insanity over fixing the issue so I gave the credit card because I wanted them to come out and fix the issue. Got a call from Mitch a "contractor" with Calibre after I was told it was their master electrician that was coming on site. I was never happy with this company and I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. They have absolutely terrible customer service, they have contract junior technicians that they send out to run wires and install junction boxes, but when you call them they refer to their "Master" electrician that you never see.

FRank and Diane Austin in Toronto
1 review Thornton, ON

I would like you and your company to know what an amazing job your staff did
From the sale of the generator to the install it was smooth sailing, the gentlemen that put the generator in came all the way from Burlington to Barrie in a snow storm to do the job. They were very informative and let us know step by step on what they were going to do
Once again thank you for our peace of mind.

a.koschate in Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

I thought I’d get a professional job done, especially for the price I paid - but I was wrong. Babysitting was needed to get the job done. They forgot to do work as agreed upon until I reminded them: install a cable, get rid of an A/C copper pipe, install a surge protection device. They were having a special - normally the sell the device for $349 plus $185 service call, but because I was having them install a new panel they offered it at a bargain price of $ 249+ hst. Unfortunately, they write their estimated up in a manner in which you have no idea what equipment you’re getting. This device was about the cheapest of its kind - less than $50 at Home Depot. It can be installed in a couple minutes. There are better units that cost more and take more time to install - something which I thought I would be getting. Poor workmanship is another issue. When the panel was installed, they elected to destroy my enclosure cabinet and cut the panel into the drywall below. They said it was too long. After the job, I noticed that if they had taken an additional 15 minutes of time, they could have cleared out two useless junction box an obsolete heater panel to make sufficient room for the new panel. Instead - it was a job of slap it in and get it done as quick as possible. Outside, they left a ground wire draped across the new spa panel. Was it needed I asked? No the electrician says - he cut them off his house as they are problematic. So why leave it draped over a new electrical panel? He took a side cutters and removed it in less than 30 seconds. Two electricians came, but only man worked, while the other spent most of his time making calls - no for my job through - for other jobs (at my cost). The spa install was an easy job - involved routing 20 feet of interior cable along a ceiling, into an outdoor spa box, laying another 20 feet of outdoor cable and connecting into the spa. I dug and backfilled the 18-inch deep trench for the cable and provided them with a hole in the block house wall. Essentially, one man worked for less than 4 hours to get the job done and the overall bill to me was $2400, which I was told a couple times that it would take a full day. It took me 5 hours to do the trench (and cut sidewalk concrete) - at their rates, I’d hate to know what that would have cost me in addition. Now, the $2400 bill included $145 for an ESA permit for the hot tub and a $90 ESA permit fee for the panel upgrade. I assume that’s legit, but I don’t know. After seeing what was installed, I found that I could by all the parts for under $800 at Home Depot. The Siemens main panel Calibre installed is a piece of junk. The switch labels are too hard to read of because of poor labelling and upside down geometry. On the other hand, the Eaton spa box was good. In the afternoon - they waited for hydro - I offered them cash to do some other work around the house. After waiting for several hours they followed up with Hydro - as it turned out Burlington Hydro had not been called back. An error made on the ESA inspector. They decided to leave since it would take more time for Hydro to show up and decided to leave the main panel on so the house would power up. They told me they would have to come back to label the new box. I’m away and come back to the house and find Hydro sitting. They can’t hook up the power. Apparently, it was wrong for the electrician to leave according to Hydro. Hydro won’t turn on power without confirmation that the main panel is “off”. I waited a week for Calibre to return to finish the job. I call Jeff and voice my concerns. Instead of coming over, he tells me to send some pictures. I email him the info. Another week goes by and he doesn’t call. I call and he says he busy. He says my expectations differed from theirs. They’ll get back to completing the job at my house when they get time. Well, it been over a month now and they have not come back. I went to Calibre because my Jacuzzi dealer recommended me to them. As a result, I did not bother to get estimates. I thought the price seemed steep, but then I thought I was going to get a professional, quality and with good support. I as wrong in all three counts. I told Jeff that I would be writing this and that I would also let my Jacuzzi dealer know. He didn’t care. I recalled seeing a Calibre business card indicating that they pay for referrals. I guess I won’t be getting anything. Funny thing is - I never even asked Jeff for anything but to review my concerns with me. Lesson learned - get quotes, find out what equipment is being installed, get labour time and rates. It is the only way to know what to expect.

Joyce in Toronto

We purchased a hot tub and Calibre Electric was referred as the company to use, we also built a sunroom and they did all our electric for it, and ran underground cables for back sheds, they did an outstanding job everywhere. Would hire them again for any electrical work we will need in the future , thank you calibre.

Chris from Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Calibre's operations and organization for this task was like clock work. They arrived on-time all external counterparts were organized and came on time. The work was clean and tidy. A company who actually wants to talk and provide options and spends the time to explain the process and cost is well worth your time. Most companies want to meet on-site before they go into any details on the purchase then write-up a quote and harass you to contract the job to them, this is where Calibre is different. Calibre cost was the best out of 4 quotes.

Thank you Chris, Always nice to hear we are going above peoples expectations.

-Jeff

More about Calibre Electric Inc

"All you're residential and commercial needs" We can help you with anything electrical from a plug not working to an entire home rewire. Hot tubs, Pools, Panel upgrades, Lighting, energy efficient packages, Appliances, Service . . and more!