Sunwest Roofing

Calgary AB T3K 1N9
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Calgary  >  Sunwest Roofing
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Sunwest Roofing

Dawn in Calgary

A friend recommended Sunwest to me, we got a better quality product for our money, they come to your house to show you products. They arrived at 7am and finished by 5:30pm, no music, 4 guys replacing roof while 5th guy goes round property cleaning up nails etc. Fantastic job, my neighbors are jealous they went with other companies that took 2 1/2 days, loud music and no tidy up.

Job Price

Glad to be of assistance Dawn, and thank you for the work!!

Shingle and trough replacement in Calgary

I was initially approached by the company's salesman and knowing my shingles needed replacing soon, agreed to a free estimate. This was conducted on a Saturday afternoon at my request and I was impressed with their efficiency and honesty.
I decided to have Sunwest renew my shingles and also replace the old troughing and fascia boards. Jason suggested rerouting the downpipes as 2 of the old ones were located in such a way that water cascaded over some of the lower shingles when it rained.
The old shingles were replaced cleanly and efficiently over the course of one day and this also included doing a small amount of wood replacement in one corner.
A few days later the troughs and fascia boards were duly replaced, also in a single day and they look great and perform well.
A subsequent nine hour downpour did reveal a minor issue which could not have been reasonably predicted, but Jason addressed this the very next day (which happened to be a Sunday) and during the same visit also carried out some minor cosmetic work for me, which he wasn't in any way obliged to do.
I found I was able to have constructive and friendly dialogue with Sunwest and would definitely recommend their work.

Job Price

We are glad to be of assistance, and thank you very much for the work.

Mandiezoller in Calgary

I visited the booth at the Home and Garden show. They were really great and offered some great advice. We wound up meeting with Jason who came out on a Saturday to accommodate us. Much Appreciated for that alone. After reviewing our options, we chose our shingles and our sun tunnels (Velux Brand). After a weather delay, Jason and his crew came out and got the job done in one day. The price was exactly as quoted which was MUCH cheaper than the other companies we had come out. The quality is excellent. Sun tunnels are amazingly delightful! The picture was taken on a completely overcast day.

Job Price

Thank you Mandie for choosing Sunwest Roofing. We really appreciate the work. It was a pleasure meeting you and working with you.

Wackett family in

Alex and his crew came in on a Saturday morning at our request. They worked very efficiently and really cleaned up the site even protected my garden. We have a very miserable neighbor and Alex was very diplomatic ensuring that not even one nail went on this persons yard. Alex and his crew were very respectful. Overall excellent work, fantastic cleanup and the work extremely efficient.
Thank you so much. I would highly recommend Sunwest roofing based on our experience.

Job Price

Thank you Wackett family for the kind review and recommendation of Sunwest Roofing. We really try hard to help accommodate special situations and keep neighborhood relationships amicable.

spl in

We had our roof replaced last fall but I wanted to go through a winter before writing a review. Sunwest were not the cheapest quote but because Lorne gave us a detailed quote specifying everything that was included we felt that this was the right company. The roof replacement was done well and the work carried out in an efficient and tidy manner. My concern were nails dropped around the garden because of our dog but everything was cleaned up perfectly. We recently checked the roof after this winter and have had no problems at all. I would recommend this company to anyone that needs a new roof.

Job Price

Thank you very ,much for the positive review, We are very glad that you are happy with the work

We thoroughly vetted a bunch of roofing companies before we picked one. Sunwest came out on top. After the initial call for a quote, Lorne came by within a few days to explain the process and the various products and helped us make an informed decision about what kind of roof would best suit our needs. The job was completed in 1.5 days and the guys cleaned up everything after each day on the job. Overall, extremely please with the workmanship and the customer service.

Job Price

We really appreciate the positive feedback, enjoy your new roof!

P. Taylor in Okotoks
1 review Okotoks, AB

This company is Professional and Efficient. They do a very good job. Impressed with their workmanship. The crew is polite, works hard, and stays on time. Impressed with their daily cleanup. I would recommend this company if you are in need of a new roof.

Job Price

Thanks so much for the work. It was great to meet you and your wife. Thank you for taking the time to review Sunwest's work.

D. Siemens in Okotoks
1 review Okotoks, AB

From initial contact with Jason to completion has been an amazing experience! Jason helped me deal with the insurance company, and the workers have been very efficient and considerate, and cleaned up all debris after each day on the job. I heard no foul language or blasting radio which often accompanies a work crew, and I greatly appreciated it. I would recommend Sunwest roofing to anyone contemplating roof replacement.

Job Price

Thank you for the recommendation of Sunwest Roofing. Fortunately being HAAG certified and having several years of experience working with insurance companies, has allowed us to help many home owners resolve issues after a catastrophe like a hail storm.

Elizabeth in Englewood

Our house had 2 layers of shingles with cedar on the top- we met Loren at the Home and Garden show and we were impressed with how much detail he explained their work compared to other contractors. We got about 10 other quotes, and Sunwest was not only competitive, but their quality seemed much better. They didn't subcontract their work- the owner met with us for the quote and was on the roof with his workers when they were replacing it. They cleaned up the debris and nails every day while they were working on our home. They always answered phone calls or texts, and stuck to their word. We will definitely recommend Sunwest Roofing and we're happy knowing our new roof was done with quality workmanship.

Job Price

Thank you Elizabeth for the kind review of Sunwest Roofing. Quality and cleanliness is an integral aspect of how we approach every project and we appreciate your recognition of our hard work.

Sean in Prince George
1 review Prince George, BC

I needed my roof replaced from a series of Hail/Wind and damage over time. My insurance company offered me a small amount to replace it and quoted me $8,000 to replace my roof. Thankfully Loren had come by just the other day and offered me his business card.
We set up a meeting and he came by to give me all the details. We had color choices, options for the type of shingles, and he took time to explain everything in detail.
He told me my roof would be a one day replacement. I thought this was pretty quick, but don't know much about roofing. Anyway we agreed on having them do our roof. He gave us a call about a week in advance to let us know they'd be out to do our roof. It was great. I left for work at 7am, and when i got home about 4:30, the roof was almost complete! The roof looks amazing. i have no complaints.
I highly recommend this for anyone needing their roof redone. If for no other reason than the amount he quoted me was the amount I PAID! Also, i live in calgary, not prince george... not sure where it's getting that information.

Job Price

Thank you Sean for the review, We are glad that we could give you our optimul servises

More about Sunwest Roofing

Sunwest Roofing is a family owned and operated business. Sunwest Roofing is dedicated to providing customers with only the finest workmanship, materials and customer service. It is our goal to serve you better than the competitor and provide you with a roofing system that will stand the test of time. When it comes to your roof, put your trust in Sunwest Roofing.