Sunwest Roofing

Calgary AB T3K 1N9
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Calgary  >  Sunwest Roofing
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Sunwest Roofing

Keith Gladwyn in Calgary

We are the original owners of our home built in 2004. The developer had an architectural standard of using a specific shingle which turned out to be an inferior product. We even paid additional for 25-year shingles. After 12 years the shingles were curling up and devoid of grit. Our insurance company would not cover the problem as they said that it was hail damage but inferior quality. We began a claim against the manufacturer and needed to send two shingles and many pictures to Ontario. I had no idea how to do that as I am a senior with disability problems and lo and behold enter Jason of Sun West. He offered a free quote and when I explained about needing two shingles and photos, he said, “no problem, I can do that for you.” I asked if there was an obligation and he answered to the negative. We finally got a small compensation from the manufacturer and called Jason. I got three quotes and Sun West was significantly less with better quality shingles as they do not use sub-contractors. Alex (the owner) showed up on schedule with three others and they had the entire job done in two days. These guys are the consummate professionals. When they left, the driveway and deck were cleaner than before they arrived. IF I could give a 12 out 10 ratings, I would. You won’t go wrong hiring Sun West to do your roof!

Glad to be of help Keith, thank you for the work.

Ardell J. Clark-Tronnes in Calgary

Jason was very professional with his inspection of the deteriorating cedar shingles, he showed me photos of problem areas, and we discussed the cost repair or replacement. I chose new shingles, and phoned my insurance company at Jason's request. They have an annual rebate for a certain grade of shingle, which I choose.
The large bin and the shingle hoist truck arrived so material was on site for the crew.
The shingle crew worked very quickly and professionally, the yard was draped and cleaned so well, and when completed, there was
no evidence of garbage or nails.
The crew were very friendly and answered my questions well.
I am completely satisfied with the price and the new roofing.

Thank you Ardell!!

rick

Very fast and professional the entire job was done in a day with no garbage or nails left behind.

Thank you Rick!!

Dawn in Calgary

A friend recommended Sunwest to me, we got a better quality product for our money, they come to your house to show you products. They arrived at 7am and finished by 5:30pm, no music, 4 guys replacing roof while 5th guy goes round property cleaning up nails etc. Fantastic job, my neighbors are jealous they went with other companies that took 2 1/2 days, loud music and no tidy up.

Glad to be of assistance Dawn, and thank you for the work!!

Shingle and trough replacement in Calgary

I was initially approached by the company's salesman and knowing my shingles needed replacing soon, agreed to a free estimate. This was conducted on a Saturday afternoon at my request and I was impressed with their efficiency and honesty.
I decided to have Sunwest renew my shingles and also replace the old troughing and fascia boards. Jason suggested rerouting the downpipes as 2 of the old ones were located in such a way that water cascaded over some of the lower shingles when it rained.
The old shingles were replaced cleanly and efficiently over the course of one day and this also included doing a small amount of wood replacement in one corner.
A few days later the troughs and fascia boards were duly replaced, also in a single day and they look great and perform well.
A subsequent nine hour downpour did reveal a minor issue which could not have been reasonably predicted, but Jason addressed this the very next day (which happened to be a Sunday) and during the same visit also carried out some minor cosmetic work for me, which he wasn't in any way obliged to do.
I found I was able to have constructive and friendly dialogue with Sunwest and would definitely recommend their work.

We are glad to be of assistance, and thank you very much for the work.

Mandiezoller in Calgary

I visited the booth at the Home and Garden show. They were really great and offered some great advice. We wound up meeting with Jason who came out on a Saturday to accommodate us. Much Appreciated for that alone. After reviewing our options, we chose our shingles and our sun tunnels (Velux Brand). After a weather delay, Jason and his crew came out and got the job done in one day. The price was exactly as quoted which was MUCH cheaper than the other companies we had come out. The quality is excellent. Sun tunnels are amazingly delightful! The picture was taken on a completely overcast day.

Thank you Mandie for choosing Sunwest Roofing. We really appreciate the work. It was a pleasure meeting you and working with you.

Wackett family in

Alex and his crew came in on a Saturday morning at our request. They worked very efficiently and really cleaned up the site even protected my garden. We have a very miserable neighbor and Alex was very diplomatic ensuring that not even one nail went on this persons yard. Alex and his crew were very respectful. Overall excellent work, fantastic cleanup and the work extremely efficient.
Thank you so much. I would highly recommend Sunwest roofing based on our experience.

Thank you Wackett family for the kind review and recommendation of Sunwest Roofing. We really try hard to help accommodate special situations and keep neighborhood relationships amicable.

spl in

We had our roof replaced last fall but I wanted to go through a winter before writing a review. Sunwest were not the cheapest quote but because Lorne gave us a detailed quote specifying everything that was included we felt that this was the right company. The roof replacement was done well and the work carried out in an efficient and tidy manner. My concern were nails dropped around the garden because of our dog but everything was cleaned up perfectly. We recently checked the roof after this winter and have had no problems at all. I would recommend this company to anyone that needs a new roof.

Thank you very ,much for the positive review, We are very glad that you are happy with the work

We thoroughly vetted a bunch of roofing companies before we picked one. Sunwest came out on top. After the initial call for a quote, Lorne came by within a few days to explain the process and the various products and helped us make an informed decision about what kind of roof would best suit our needs. The job was completed in 1.5 days and the guys cleaned up everything after each day on the job. Overall, extremely please with the workmanship and the customer service.

We really appreciate the positive feedback, enjoy your new roof!

P. Taylor in Okotoks
1 review Okotoks, AB

This company is Professional and Efficient. They do a very good job. Impressed with their workmanship. The crew is polite, works hard, and stays on time. Impressed with their daily cleanup. I would recommend this company if you are in need of a new roof.

Thanks so much for the work. It was great to meet you and your wife. Thank you for taking the time to review Sunwest's work.

More about Sunwest Roofing

Sunwest Roofing is a family owned and operated business. Sunwest Roofing is dedicated to providing customers with only the finest workmanship, materials and customer service. It is our goal to serve you better than the competitor and provide you with a roofing system that will stand the test of time. When it comes to your roof, put your trust in Sunwest Roofing.