Mattresses
Black Sheep Mattress Co.

Reviews for Black Sheep Mattress Co.

Robert F in Strathmore
Robert F in Strathmore
1 review Strathmore, AB

Oxford Latex mattress

After spending thousands of dollars (literally) on mattresses over the past decade, to accommodate my weight (280+lbs) and to help alleviate my constant daily back pain, my wife came across the Black Sheep Mattress Co's website; We were hesistant at first, but my back just couldn't put up with much more. No matter what mattress we bought, I ended up sleeping in a dip or trough and woke up in pain. We bit the bullet & purchased the Split King Oxford Latex - and I'll tell you, when they say "firm" they really mean FIRM. The bed was actually too firm and we ended up swapping out layers of latex a couple of times before I found my perfect mattress. I have slept on my side of the "split king" for just over 2 months now and I couldn't be happier, my back feels like it did more than 20 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I still have a bad back, but I no longer wake up in back pain and crippled over. My wife says she can actually hear the TV now as my snoring has diminished significantly, and another added bonus seems to be my restless leg syndrome is nowhere near the intensity it was (don't know why a mattress would have any effect on snoring or restless leg syndrome, but I am simply making an observation). The Oxford Latex mattress proved to be too firm for my wife and we ended up swapping out her side of the split king for the Suffolk natural cotton & wool mattress - but I will let her tell her story (spoiler alert - she LOVES it); I have to say I an 100% totally & completely happy with my mattress. Christian and his Dad and the entire staff were awesome. We felt badly that we swapped out layers several times and even totally switched half the mattress to a completely different one, but never once did we feel any pressure or hesitation on the part of Black Sheep. No way in hell are you ever going to get that kind of service and dedication. Thank you Black Sheep Mattress Company.

Anastasia in Toronto
Anastasia in Toronto

Mattress

Excellent service and quality. Bought the Suffolk mattress for my young child. Surpassed my expectations and so comfortable. My husband and I had purchased a naturepedic mattress for ourselves and I wish we had known about black sheep before we spent thousands on our mattress. We would have gotten a king for ourselves. We will be purchasing a mattress for our son once he is out of his crib. So pleased with this company and it’s great customer service.
Peter & Anastasia

Private User reviews Saint Quentin, NB

Awesome products, first class service

Having done a lot of research on our next mattress, we decided to pay Christian a visit at Blacksheep and we were blown away. The world would be a better place with more people like him. We were not expecting our Devon mattress for another week, but not only did they deliver in record time, on delivery they noticed we needed slats and Christian and his crew made sure we got the slats before the end of the day. I look forward to replacing the other mattress with another one of your products. Oh and yeah, we have never slept on a better mattress, its WONDERFUL.

Judy Momot from Calgary
Judy Momot from Calgary

Mattress

Black Sheep Mattress Company is Calgary's best mattress maker! The service is absolutely stellar. I think I've had my mattress for about four years, and it's still as wonderful as the day it arrived. They use earth and people - friendly materials in their on-site workshop to produce your bed, and after delivery and set-up if you decide it's not quite right, they will remake it for you to your specs! Amazing. I would not hesitate in buying another.

Thank you for the wonderful review, Judy! We're so happy to hear you're still loving your mattress four years down the line! We hope it continues to serve you well. Please come by for another visit anytime! All the best.

jostero in Calgary, Alberta Canada T2R0L2
jostero in Calgary, Alberta Canada T2R0L2

BEST. SLEEP. EVER!

Injured my back at age 23, and even though I train at the gym... I've always been sore every morning. Years passed by, and in researching for a non-toxic mattress in Canada, my family found Black Sheep Mattress. They have replaced all of their beds, and finally (!!) I ordered a new one for me. Best sleep ever. Air is cleaner in the bedroom now too. Want the best non-toxic mattress in Canada? Give Black Sheep Mattress Co. a call!

Thank you!! You and your family have been amazing to work with. We're so happy we're able to make a difference helping everyone sleep better! :)

Scott and Debbie in Calgary
Scott and Debbie in Calgary

New Mattress

My wife and I had been through 3 new mattresses from popular companies in 4 years, trying to find something that would work for our ailing backs. We heard about Black Sheep from our chiropractor. From the moment we talked to Christian, the friendliness and service from he and Andrew has been unbeatable. They were happy to make any changes needed to make the mattress work for us. Thanks guys!

Thanks Scott and Debbie! It was a pleasure working with you and we're so glad those changes helped. We hope you continue to have better and better rests on the new mattress. Take care and best wishes from all of us at Black Sheep!

Lins in Bragg Creek
Lins in Bragg Creek
1 review Bragg Creek, AB

A++ Service

Having struggled with modern mattresses made of junk (16 beds in the last decade!), I turned to Black Sheep for a solution. They not only have a strong commitment to providing a top notch product but their service is stellar. The entire team has been extremely helpful and Christian continues to assist us with my specialty requirements. I have recommended family and friends to Black Sheep. Thank you for the wonderful experience!

Hi Lins! We are happy to tailor our service to meet your needs and give you the best mattress we possibly can! Thank you so much for your review and referrals. Warm wishes from all of us here at Black Sheep!

Ashley
Ashley

Two single suffolk mattresses

I was looking for a comfortable pair of mattresses made out of natural materials for our older child's bunk bed -bunk bed mattresses generally should only be 6 to 7 inches thick, which poses a challenge in the "comfortable" department. I was so happy I came across Black Sheep Mattresses in my search. With such positive reviews, I felt confident ordering the mattresses without having had an opportunity to test them out first. As it turns out, my confidence was well placed - the mattresses are so comfortable that it's not uncommon for me to be found resting on the spare bunk from time to time. I will definitely consider Black Sheep when it comes time to replace my own mattress.

Hi AJL! Thank you for your review! Using the best quality, natural materials is our focus and that means comfort is not something we like to give on. We are so happy to hear that the bunk-bed mattresses are up to your standards of comfort and that your kids are enjoying them! Thank you for your business and all the best!

Dale & Ginny in Calgary
Dale & Ginny in Calgary

double mattress & base

We highly recommend Black Sheep Mattress Company.
Christian and crew are dedicated to excellence in every way -
sustainability and safety of materials
research, development, and manufacture of their products
providing products appropriate to the customer's needs
honest, informed, and respectful customer care .
It's a pleasure to support a local environmentally conscious business that sets a new standard in the mattress industry. Thank you Christian!

Thank you so much for you review Dale & Ginny! We love what we do so much and hope that comes across in every aspect of our business from research to production and delivery. Thank you so much for your business and your support and we wish you all the best from the whole team here at Black Sheep!

More about Black Sheep Mattress Co.

We make hand-crafted mattresses using only the best natural materials. For a better, healthier nights sleep give us a call.

www.BlackSheepMattress.com