Decks

Reviews for Ottawa Deck Specialists

Mina in Ottawa
Mina in Ottawa

Deck

very pleased with the service provided by Ottawa deck spercialsts. The owner Idries was there the first day for the quote and he was there all the way to the end to shake our hand when the job was done and to make sure we were happy with his guys. I would recommend them to anyone that wants a clean and stress free job done. AAA+

John M. in Guelph
John M. in Guelph

PVC Deck

In choosing a company to build our deck two years ago we went with Ottawa Deck Specialists (ODS). We dealt with Mirza as our single point of contact from start to finish. After providing him with a general overview of what we were after he took the time and effort in outlining options with respect to design and materials. Once some general design concepts were decided upon, he provided a computer drawing of the proposed design that incorporated those concepts. He came up with additional ideas to help add interest and character. Once work began, it continued on with a team dedicated to completing the deck. We were and still are extremely happy with the result. When a small issue came up this spring, one call was all it took and Mirza was out the same day to have a look. Within a week he and his guys came back and fixed it. If you're looking for a company that does quality work and stands by it, then Ottawa Deck Specialists should be on your list of companies to call. I highly recommend them.

Dave from Ottawa
Dave from Ottawa

Deck

Mirza and his team did an amazing job from start to finish. The process has truly been worry free. I already recommended Ottawa Deck Specialistss to my friends and family. Thanks again Mirza

Alex from Ottawa
Alex from Ottawa
1 review Kanata, ON

Cedar deck

ODS build my neighbours deck and it looked great so we decided to go with them as well. Mirza was very professional and his price is fair comparing to some of the other quotes we got. The clean up could of been a little better but over all happy strongly recommend them!

Belinda Manuel from Kanata
Belinda Manuel from Kanata
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

deck

K2G1A3

My husband and I hired Ottawa Deck Specialists last May 2013. Mirza the owner came over and I showed him a picture of what we wanted done. He said that wouldn't be a problem doing. We also liked the fact that he offered a warranty. They built our deck and we thought it looked great at first. A couple weeks later I decided to contact Mirza because we noticed he only used 1 screw per floor board. In actual fact it should be 2 screws side by side on the floor boards. The floor board gaps were also too wide. This concerned us because wood shrinks and with the gaps being that wide they would only get bigger overtime. When I spoke to Mirza he was very rude to me. He told me his warranty DOES NOT cover the wood! This makes no sence at all. Our deck is made of wood! So what does the warranty cover then???? Anyways I told him I was going to report him to the BBB because he refused to fix the issues we had. Then he said he would come fix the issues! He stood me up at least 5 times and then he showed up and only fixed the stairs that we were also having issues with. I contacted him again and asked him why he didn't fix the other issues and once again he was rude and said he will NOT fix anything else. My deck is a complete mess! The railings are loose one railing wasn't even screwed in. The railing height is not even up to code. The floor boards have all twisted and big pieces of wood are peeling off the boards. All the posts are twisted really bad and big cracks all through them. We couldn't even put our patio set outside because the legs went right through the gaps. I have a company redoing my deck as I write this review. When they tore the deck apart we noticed a whole bunch of issues on the frame as well. ODS didn't even put screws in the posts which again is not following code. Also they didn't put joist hangers in! AGAIN THIS ISN'T up to code. The entire deck was built unsafe. ODS also left a whole bunch of wood blocks and garbage under my deck and built right over it! So pathetic!!!My husband and I contacted Mirza to let him know what is going on and his response was ' don't tell me how to do my job' he also said if we take him to court he will counter sue us. OMG gimme a break!!!! Anyways this is the worst deck company I have experienced ever! Mirza has no customer service skills whatsoever! I DO NOT recommend this company! There warranty means absolutely nothing!!!!!

Bill Gaines from Ottawa
Bill Gaines from Ottawa
1 review Nepean, ON

Replace Deck

ODS demolished and removed our old eyesore of a deck and replaced it with a beautiful 14' x 16' cedar deck. We made s few design changes during construction and Merza and his crew were very accommodating. The price was reasonable, the work was completed in a timely manner. The workmanship was impeccable and precise. We would definitely recommend this company to anybody needing a new or replacement deck.
Thanks again to Merza, Sasha and Sasha's dad.

Roch Bellefeuille from Ottawa
Roch Bellefeuille from Ottawa
1 review Gloucester, ON

New 2nd level Deck

Brand new deck. The deck is a 2nd level and our goal was to have no water below and they recommended the Gorilla product. Water was leaking behind the 2x10 attached to the house, water staying on the deck, water leaking on the house when the water was supposed to flow off the deck into a gutter. Many issues with many, many promises to resolve them which they never did. We ended up having to pay another company to tear down the deck and rebuild. We absolutely do not recommend this company. Warranty and their word means nothing.

Olivia from Ottawa
Olivia from Ottawa

Front porch, Backyard deck, Driveway fence

K2G1A3

Mirza and his team are FANTASTIC!! They are the hardest-working contractors that I've ever had at my home, and I've had MANY contractors here recently!!

Their work is exquisite, their cuts are precise. Every little aspect of their workmanship is performed with care and respect. Mirza advertises that their company offers quality work, and that is a huge understatement.

They re-made a front porch and rear deck for me, and will soon be putting in an iron fence. I trust them with my soul!!

I do not hesitate to recommend this company. They are the BESTEST!!

Don from GREELY
Don from GREELY
1 review Greely, ON

Deck - PVC Endeck product

K2G1A3

ODS installed a 20X16 deck, deck lights, aluminium railings at a very reasonable price. The quality of craftmanship is the best, his crew are competent and professional. Ontime no delays, reasonalbe price, a deposit and payment in full when completed and satisfied. Will highly recommend ODS. Thank you for a job well done. See ODS facebook for a picture I posted.

More about Ottawa Deck Specialists

We are a family owned and operated decking company have been serving Ottawa and its regions for over a decade. We specialize in composite and PVC material. Our goal is to deliver excellence in workmanship and service with the best available product. A deck properly build can capture a view, ...
Looking for Decks pros in Nepean?