I am responding to a complaint I just received.
1. He did not return to finish the job, ignoring my effort to contact him.
This client has not contacted me, other then once. Things were left amicably I thought
2. We were left with unfinished dry wall and tiles unsealed.
Last time I spoke to them I was told not to worry about the drywall, her husband would finish it. The drywall was very water damaged prior to commencing this work. I quoted repairing it, but was told the husband wanted to repair himself. I had to cut a couple holes to access the plumbing, which I patched and coated. The patches needed one coat more and sanding. Also there was an unpaid balance of close to $300 which I was happy to credit for them, to finish the drywall.
3. He kept asking for us to give him money on the quoted price, while the job was still running.
As with all work I do, this job followed an outlined payment schedule. We encountered an unexpected problem, for which I was forced to ask for one payment early.
4. He did not install the hardware on the faucet correctly, and we had to go in and fix it – which might be why he did not return to finish the job.
I have no idea why she is saying the faucet was not installed correctly. Or if it was not correct why I was not informed ??
5. He did not understand the hardware he was installing and we were left without hot water for a week, during the job.
This is true. The client was left without hot water for a few days. But it was not due to my lack of knowledge. But due to a problem with the fixture the client provided. (The mixer valve came backwards) I admit I have never encountered this problem before and it took a bit of time to figure out what the problem was.
I find it very upsetting that this client would lodge a complaint like this without contacting me. Contrary to what she is claiming they have not attempted to contact me. I have not received any phone calls or emails from the client. I would expect with a complaint like this the client should be able to produce some un-replied to emails at least.
I truly value client satisfaction. This is the first time I have had a complaint from any client, I am rather upset that she did not even contact me. I would have done whatever I had to do to ensure their satisfaction.