Vella Contracting

Terry in Hamilton
Terry in Hamilton
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Poor Comminication

To be fair, Daniel and his assistant are both polite and personable. Once on site, they do very good work. Their shortcoming lays in their poor communication with us, as his clients. His Follow-ups fall incredibly short. Quasi appointments missed without so much as a call, text or an email does not make for good customer relations. Rule of thumb: Small customers should be treated just the same as your largest. Oddly, there is a 2014 Review that is eerily similar to our recent experience. If Daniel would spend equal time following up with his clients as he does in responding to reviews, things might improve, for his clients. From the onset, we felt "squeezed-in" to their timetable. We made a decision not to Crown over a corner fireplace which we immediately regretted. The attached photo speaks for itself. A return was arranged and then we were forgotten about for almost 2 months. An email finally came through saying "if things worked out", he would pass by the following Wednesday. Well, that Wednesday came and went, without any communication whatsoever, and finally, 10 days later, I fired off an ill conceived and frustrated email to him. I wish I had handled that better, as saying his behaviour was akin to being a bit of a D---head seemed to touch a nerve, but, to my point - we do not want someone who can treat customers like that, back in our home. No-one appreciates being treated with such disrespect. His responses, when they do happen, are self-serving, dismissive, filled with excuses and give one the impression that they might not have been penned by the individual signing it. We had enough of it. The only thing missing from his service is professionalism – pity.
Thank you.

plamacchia in caledon
plamacchia in caledon

Vella Contracting
6472206751
Brampton
L6Y 3B9

After searching long and hard we finally came across Vella Contracting who we found on Homestars. After reading many positive reviews we contacted Daniel to come and provide us with a quote for crown moulding. There was no question of our decision to hire Daniel and they began working promptly 2 days later, arrived on time and set up their equipment and ensured that everything in my home was well protected as if it were their own. Not only did they complete the job in one day they did a beautiful and seamless job.

Their work is immaculate and they even took the time to adjoin the new crown moulding seamlessly into the existing cabinetry moulding which blew us away.

They were very friendly, respectful, polite, cleaned up right after themselves and were excellent with my children.

Its very hard to find people that take such pride in their work. I cannot wait for them to complete other upgrades that we will be adding to our home and I will highly recommend them to my friends and family. Great job guys keep up the amazing work !!!!!

All I can say is WOW!!! This made my day! Actually, my week! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Your words touched on most, if not all of the things that we strive for as a business. We most definitely take pride in our work and do our very best to exceed your expectations. Thank you also for welcoming us into your home. You have a beautiful family and it was an honour being able to work with all of you, even the adorable little ones! :)

E in Markham
E in Markham

Wainscotting foyer, hall & 2 story open circular stairway

Daniel came to my rescue after a nightmare contractor made a mess of my laundry room and the entrance to my house. Daniel removed an extensive amount of horribly installed trim work in my foyer, main hall and rounded walls of my 2 open circular staircases - repaired the significantly damaged walls and then resinstalled the trim beautifully! He also removed and reinstalled all my laundry cabinets flawlessly. Daniel is an exceptional professional -- meticulous with details, tidy, on time and on budget. You're a lifesaver Daniel! I would not hesitate to recommend you!

Thank you so much Elizabeth!!! Unfortunately, there are a lot of guys out there that really don't take pride in their work and are often more concerned with taking advantage of kind people like yourself. It was our pleasure to serve you. The wainscoting looks absolutely beautiful in your foyer!

Private User reviews Simcoe County, ON

Crown mouldings and baseboards

Great job! Fast and highest quality. Reliable and responsible. Friendly. I will recommend Vella company without any hesitation (and trust me - I had really bad experience with contractors before, so those guys just reinstated my trust in people!). Thank you Daniel, Long and other guys.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us and for choosing Vella Contracting to install your crown moulding and baseboards. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call...or text lol

Domenic in Brampton
Domenic in Brampton

Very Happy Homeowner

You need a contractor don't look anywhere else Daniel and his team I highly recommend. From start to finish he is neat, organized, clean and takes extra pride in his work.

You wont be disappointed whatsoever.

Thank you Domenic! Very much appreciated. We always do our best to keep our projects clean and run them as seamlessly as possible. It really comes down to respect for the people we work for and the place they call home. Thanks again.

Joe in North york
Joe in North york

Crown Moulding

Daniel and his team did an awesome job installing crown moulding in my house over a couple of years ago. I never had a chance to leave a comment at the time on homestars, so better late then never. Daniel was amazing and the crown adds a great touch to the house. I would recommend Daniel to anyone. He also provided me with advise on future projects and would use him again in a heartbeat. True professional!

Thanks so much Joe! I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us, even a couple years after we did your crown moulding. Like you said, "better late than never." Great to hear from you!

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Crown Molding

Price was competitive and the job was completed as planned to my satisfaction. However when I tried to arrange another quote for 2 other projects recently, numerous communications went without a response. I realize there are bigger projects and schedules that are more pressing but every customer should be an important one and to not even get a response is simply very poor on their part. Other contractors that I called responded within an acceptable time frame. I will not be recommending these guys any time soon.

Review has 1 previous version

Being a small business in this era of the internet and social media, it is inevitable that we may sometimes be faced with the challenge of defending our reputaion and livelihood against the threat of unsubstantiated and often anonymously posted claims of wrongdoing. Because of how fast the internet works, these claims often go unchallenged and brought before the court of public opinion before there is an opportunity for the accused to defend his or herself. That being said, I will take this opportunity to address what has been written about my company. I may hopefully paint a clearer picture of what lead to this and shed some light on to what can only be described as an unfortunate rush to judgement.

I was really surprised to have received a notification from HomeStars stating that there had been a change to a customer review that was originally written in July of 2015. Nervous to think that perhaps one of our projects has not survived the quality test of time. Thankfully, I was mistaken. It was only what appears to have been an unfortunate series of email communication related events. After reading the edited response from the distressed customer, I began my investigation into our history in hopes of determining just where we may have gone wrong. I desperately needed to know what could have driven a man, who I had not seen or spoken to in about two years, to go online, log on to his HomeStars account and write damaging and unsubstantiated words about my company.

This customer had reached out to us back in May of 2017 via email. At the time, unfortunately, we were very busy on a large project and could not arrange a time to provide an estimate. This was communicated to the customer in an email response. In the same email, dated May 13, 2017, I asked if we could reconnect in a few weeks to discuss his project, once we had some more time available. That email went unanswered.

After receiving today's notification from HomeStars, I went searching through my inbox trying to find the so called "numerous communication" attempts and came up empty. It was only when I went through my 'Junk' folder that I found two emails from this customer, dated Jan 12, 2018 and subsequently Jan 18, 2018. At which time, he wrote "I'll take the lack of response as a no....."

How could these emails end up in my Junk folder when all previous communication did not, you ask? I'm no email/tech expert but here's my theory on what may have happened. Sometime between May of 2017 and today, I had some changes made to my website and email hosting package which resulted in defaulted security settings along with a deleted contact list. This may have caused the "numerous communication" attemps to end up in the 'Junk' folder.

I only feel the need to explain because we are a very small business which depends solely on the relationships we build with customers and the level of quality workmanship we continue to deliver. In fact, we are still the same size small business that this very customer hired on two previous occasions. So, to assume that you were being ignored or somehow looked over is unfortunate and completely false.

It's clearly not our workmanship that is the issue here but admittedly a misstep on our part, not being as accessible and available as you would have liked. Now, in a blatant attempt to stain our reputation, you have chosen this platform to express your frustrations not because we botched your project but simply because we were unavailable to connect on your terms to discuss a pontential future project.

"Pick your battles."

Despite the way you were feeling when you revised your review, you are still "whole." We have not taken anything away from you. You were not cheated, lied to, or taken advantage of, in any way. Yet, you felt that it was necessary for you to go out of your way to tell everyone how upset you were, that this transaction didn't quite work out the way you wanted it to. I don't know if that's what HomeStars is intended for but I guess we'll have to find out.

Please accept my sincere apology for not being able to serve you again in a timely manner. It's an unfortunate reality that we sometimes face, being a very small business with limited time and resources. Whether or not you choose to accept my apology and undo the damage done, I accept and respect your right to an opinion, without prejudice.

Daniel Vella
Owner

June from Caledon
June from Caledon

Crown Moulding and Wainscoting

Assisted Review

Daniel is amazing. He definitely knows his stuff, he was patient and took his time working with me and my husband to ensure we selected the right finishings for our project, I couldn't have been happier with the results. His prices are great and they do a quick and clean precise job. His entire team is professional, and courteous. I will be calling Vella Contracting back to complete the other areas of the home, including the crown moulding on my 2nd floor. I would recommend him a thousand times over.

Hi June! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review for us. It was a pleasure working on your crown moulding and wainscoting. Thanks again and we look forward to working with you in the future. :)

J S.
J S.

Crown Moulding

Excellent work done by Incredible people! Crown Moulding on top of kitchen cabinets and on ceiling of kitchen! Absolutely beautiful craftsmanship. Excellent service at a very reasonable price!! While they were doing our kitchen cabinet crownthey noticed the crown we had purchased was created different from piece to piece. They took their abilities to modify the crown to get it all to appear the same. Then when we had them there we decided to see if they could finish the kitchen ceiling as well with crown. This was not originally in the quote or planning but Daniel was very accommodating and everything was taken care of with no pain or issues! Would definitely recommend this company to friends and family!! Thanks Daniel

Thank you for choosing Vella Contracting to do the crown moulding in your kitchen and taking the time to write such a nice review for us! Greatly appreciated!

More about Vella Contracting

Thank you for choosing Vella Contracting! We are a full-service contracting company and we have been remodeling homes across the GTA and surrounding areas since 2006. We focus mainly on residential interior finishing, which includes everything from full bathroom renovations to fine detailed trimwork. Our work has recently been featured ...