The Fireplace Center & Patio Shop

Fireplaces
1452 Cyrville Road Gloucester ON
HomeStars  >  Fireplaces in Ottawa  >  The Fireplace Center & Patio Shop
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for The Fireplace Center & Patio Shop

HomeStars in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

We bought the fireplace last fall and wanted it installed in January 2017. The installer discovered that we were sold a wrong part and we couldn't complete the installation. It took an entire month to get the new part, only to find out that part was also wrong. The company "rushed" the part and it took over 3 more weeks to receive. The company did not keep us apprised of the situation, we had to continuously call to get updates.
We asked to speak to the manager to discuss the considerable inconvenience we went through not being able to use the fireplace during the coldest part of the winter after we had already paid for it. Eventually we were offered compensation for just the price of the wrong part they had sold us.
Again, we asked to speak to the manager. The company ignored us and took the remainder of the installation costs without asking our permission. They didn't even tell us, we just found out when we opened our credit card statement.
I have never experienced such terrible customer service. We never received any apology and our requests to speak to the manager were ignored. We will never recommend this company to anyone.

Dear Debbie and Greg,
We do sincerely apologize for any challenges or frustrations caused. I would emphasize your experience was in rather unusual circumstances and I can assure you not in any way typical.
The fireplace in questions was a heavily discounted 2014 ex display model from our demonstration trailer purchased as a "Cash and Carry" sale. This being a propane model, for which the original Natural gas conversion kit did not fit, the manufacturers had to piece together a replacement kit, hence the delay. You were never charged for this part and when our offer of compensation was not accepted, we emailed you in March asking what an acceptable offer would be but we received no response.
I understand our President contacted you personally this week which further demonstrates our commitment to customer service that has kept our customers coming back for 65 years.

1 review Ottawa, ON

I have a gas fireplace, approx. 10 yrs. old that stopped working. The pilot light was on but it just would not start. Top Hat came in to have a look, told me that they didn't know what the problem was, and would have to take it all apart at a min. cost of $900. I had a contractor come and replace the starter but also said that he didn't know what the problem was. A technician from the Fireplace center came in and fixed the very minor and seemingly quite obvious issue within 5 min. He serviced and cleaned the fireplace for a small fee. I had to wait a few weeks for an appointment but it's worth the wait when you receive honest and qualified service.

awong098 in Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

We had an old gas fireplace insert that hadn't been used in decades. The Fireplace Center team put in a new side vent, hooked up new gas lines, and put in a new Valor insert. It looks great and works well so far. The installation team was timely and considerate and the salesman was knowledgeable and helpful. It was expensive but worth it.

Beth Bell
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

It's fireplace season!

And if you're thinking about getting a new one, think twice about The Fireplace Center and Patio Shop on Carling.

I bought mine in Sept 2015. After repeat visits to "fix" the issues, (at least 5 since installation in Nov 2015...maybe 6), this is what I'm left with: visible seams in the mantel......but then no mantel, since the discoloured one was removed (it turned yellow after less than 5 days of installation), white spray paint on the unit itself, the bottom coming out of the unit due to a gap created when shimming, and my favourite - the graffiti-like black spray paint on the front of the fireplace, which was the "fix" to cover the white spray paint. Who wouldn't want this piece of art in their living room? (Couldn't he have at least done a fancy design?)

The photos speak for themselves, in terms of the "quality" work provided by The Fireplace Centre. Not to mention the "quality" customer service they've provided, since they have all my money and I have an exposed, damaged fireplace. Awesome!

I think what amazes me the most is that they're controlling how this story ends. I could leave disappointed with the quality of service, but pleased about how it was handled, which would dramatically change what I tell people. But they don't seem to understand that. Or care.

We sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction as this is not the usual customer experience we provide.We removed the product and returned your money.Andy Cotnam

Cold Feet in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Hello all, purchased a Hearthstone stove from the fireplace centre and patio shop, the firsrt year was great, now in the second season, a little more than a month into it, our wood stove is not functional. We had to hound the fireplace centre for almost 2 weeks before they sent someone out to look at it. At the time we were told that all the gaskets were shot and needed replacing. Odd since the stove wasn't even 2 years old. Well again another week and a half went by and constantly trying to get someone out here. First they told me it could take over a month to get a gasket kit, I had to keep complaining and email the manufacturer before I finally got some action. Well now it is the coldest day of the year and my wood stove still is not radiating sufficient heat to use it, have to use my propane furnace. A month long and still cannot use a product we spent almost 7 thousand dollars for. I won't even mention that the hearth pad is falling apart as well!!! I have nothing but distain for this company and the stove manufacturer, my advice run like the wind from this place.

Dear Mr M.,

Thank you for your feedback and for drawing attention to your issue. I am glad you were able to fit us into your busy schedule and that during our extensive service visit we were able to demonstrate the correct operation of your Hearthstone stove and that it is working to your satisfaction.
Your Hearthstone stove is an excellent example of a modern high efficiency EPA approved wood stove and, as you experienced, operates differently from the old wood stoves our parents had at the cottage. The HPBA (Hearth, Patio & BBQ Association) recognized there is a learning curve to using EPA stoves which prompted them to release a series of video’s about the proper way to select, buy, split and store wood, and how to light both catalytic and non-catalytic wood stoves and ensure optimum efficient operation. As a result of your experience we now feature these video’s on our website
and are training our installers to educate new customers on the optimum operation of their new stoves. Rest assured we are constantly evaluating and improving our training procedure to ensure our customers are satisfied with our service and our products.

Dogzbolx from Stittsville
1 review Stittsville, ON

Excellent service, I highly recommend this company. My old gas furnace was in need of replacement being more than 15 years old. The replacement furnace is so quiet it's incredible, not to mention how much my Hydro bill has gone down because of the new electric blower motors the gas furnaces use these days. Wylie was fantastic, great advice, turned up when he said he would and despite some tricky pipework through the ceiling of my finished basement got it all done on time and with no mess.

Wassim on Autumnwood
12 reviews Gloucester, ON

We used Fireplace Center for our new home and got our Fireplace from them and been really happy with the result.
It was a great experience - Bob is very friendly and knowledgeable.
We would highly recommend them for your BBQ/Fireplace and Patio.

Annie Plourde from Nepean
2 reviews Nepean, ON

We had a gas insert installed in our wood burning fireplace, and we are very happy with it. It's a good product and we got good service. Not cheap mind you, but still happy with it!

Jill Miller in Russell
16 reviews RUSSELL, ON

We looked around at a few specialty BBQ stores and we found the staff here friendly and knowledgable. We werent sure if we wanted weber and napoleon and they walked us through the pros/ cons of each. They delivered our grill when it was convenient for us and it sealed the deal when they threw in a couple accessories to match more so what a competitor was offering. Love you guys...love the grill!

carpeting
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

A few years ago The Fireplace Center & Patio Shop was recommended to me by my neighbour and it was an excellent recommendation. I contacted them and the next a salesperson arrived at my door. My problem was the heating system in my house. The salesperson walked around the house with me and without pressure or any sales pitch he informed me to wait another year due to the fact that I had just recently purchased my house. Two months later I received a telephone call from him and he wanted an update. He was very professional, courteous and I would highly recommend this company for any Gas Fireplaces or patio furniture.

More about The Fireplace Center & Patio Shop

60 years serving Ottawa and the Outaouais with outstanding customer service. Family owned and operated one of Canada's largest showrooms with over 200 working fireplaces on display as well as the latest BBQ and patio furniture.