MRG Electrical

Reviews for MRG Electrical

Chris Casteller in Toronto
Chris Casteller in Toronto

Electrical work

The rating applied is due to MRG being late for scheduled appointments.

On Aug 2, I booked MRG to visit my home on Aug 10 to take care of the following:
- fix split on a breaker
- replace outdoor GFI outlet
- fix wiring in light box in bedroom (exposed wiring)
- install a new thermostat

On Aug 10, Shadie arrived two hours late. He got to work right away but didn't apologize for the delay. Shadie was able to fix the breaker and replace the outdoor outlet, but wasn't able to replace the thermostat due to the wiring on the boiler. For the light box, he said he would need to return with someone else to assist and we scheduled him and his boss, Mike, to return at 8am a couple days later. I received a text from Mike about 45 minutes before they were supposed to arrive letting me know he had to respond to an emergency call and wouldn't be there until 11am. I decided to cancel, as I didn't feel comfortable working with a company that was going to be late for a second booked appointment.

Cindy Green in Toronto
Cindy Green in Toronto

Wiring

Called MRG this morning after reading good reviews on this site. Mike was very quick as setting up an appointment for the same day just a few hours later. They showed up on time and got the work done within half an hour and were great to work with. Highly recommend.

Quolly from Leslieville
Quolly from Leslieville

General repairs and upgrades

Mike and his team were exceptional. They were very knowledgeable, professional, and thorough, not to mention also friendly, punctual, meticulous and reasonably priced. These should be your go-to guys for all things electrical.

Alexis  from Toronto
Alexis from Toronto

Electrical

Mike and his team were amazing. They showed up on schedule, and were polite and very professional. They installed pot lights in my living room, dining room and kitchen. The work they did was excellent. And they cleaned up and left the house spotless when they left. Mike stuck to his quoted price and was very happy to explain what he was doing and how much everything cost. We are really happy with the experience, and love our lights!

Sau-Fann  from Toronto
Sau-Fann from Toronto

Mystery electrical problem

Mike was recommended by a neighbour who is a home inspector. After leaving several messages and getting no callbacks from other electricians I was nicely surprised to find that Mike answered his calls personally. He explained how quoting worked and there were no surprises. Mike and Brian were super professional and friendly. I have already recommended MRG to others.

Elizabeth from Toronto
Elizabeth from Toronto

Electrical

Mike and Brian were great and we would definitely use them again! We recently bought a new home, pulled an electric fireplace off the wall, and found that the carpenter who installed it didn't move the plug, just pulled it out of the socket and stretched it behind an Ikea wardrobe they had built in. My brother-in-law recommended Mike because he'd done great work at their place. When we called, Mike agreed to come at 7:30 AM so we could show them what needed to be done before we left for work. Mike and Brian arrived right on time, and got right to work. They pulled out the wardrobe, moved the plug to the right place and protected the wiring from the wardrobe, vacuumed up the small amount of dust they had created, put everything back the way it was, and left it looking great. Mike told us that his focus is on doing the job properly, not rushing through, and it really showed. We'll use Mike again for any other electrical work we have. Thanks Mike & Brian!!!!

Kate from Toronto
Kate from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Light fixture installation, general inspection on electrical work

Michael and his apprentice were professional and knowledgeable. He came out for the job within 2 days. They were careful with the furnitures and cleaned up after. Courteous and friendly. They even did me a favour by moving out my heavy electronic wastes. I have never hired an electrician before, but after asking around, I think their service charges were fair. One thing though, I felt some of the replacements were unnecessary and had cost me more than it would have if I was better advised. Either this was pure miscommunication or that I was misinformed.

Review has 1 previous version
Patrick Grover from Toronto
Patrick Grover from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Removal of knob and tube, rewire bathroom

Mike and Brian did a great job replacing a section of old knob and tube and re-wiring our bathroom and replacing the fan. Our house has lath and plaster walls which made the job much more challenging but they did a superb job of re-patching the walls. There was no mess when they were done and they were very professional making sure we were happy with the job.

German from Toronto
German from Toronto

Basement Wiring

Mike came to our house, looked at the work and provided an estimate which was accurate and realistic, no hidden costs. His work was great, he finished right on schedule and installed quality products. Very hard working , knowledgeable and professional.

More about MRG Electrical

MRG Electrical is a full service owner-operated electrical contracting company, servicing both commercial and residential client needs. We have earned our reputation by providing expert but affordable electrical work for discerning homeowners and building contractors. Everyone's service and repair requirements are different, so we take the time to fully understand ...