High Definition Concrete Ltd.

Decorative Concrete
17368 61a ave Surrey BC V3S 6Y2
HomeStars  >  Decorative Concrete in New Westminster  >  High Definition Concrete Ltd.

Reviews for High Definition Concrete Ltd.

Tracey in Surrey
1 review Langley, BC

We were very happy with High Definition. We found Sid, Matt and their crew to be quick to answer/address any concerns we had. The patio looks awesome. (If only we had outdoor furniture to sit on). Will be calling them again when we are ready to redo our driveway

Annoyed from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

I hired HD to pour a grey stamped concrete patio and they poured RED! I watched the first blob of concrete hit the ground and said "guys, that's red" and they said .. don't worry it will dry a different color. It dried red! Then they painted it and said put pads on all the furniture so it wont scratch and show the red! Seriously? How long will that last??? Their forming guy, who is NOT a qualified gas fitter, did the gas line work and put the wrong size gas line in the concrete so the fire table doesn't function properly! The small hose they used gives just 13000 BTU's when I need 60000. He buried a 3/8" hose in the concrete rather then the necessary 5/8" that was required. The transformer for the lights doesn't work and substandard wire was used so some lights don't work at all! They left plastic around the edges of the concrete. Sid said he would burn it out and Matt said he doesn't agree with Sid, so it's still there. Matt told me he himself is "young and still learning" and he is running the business?!?! I had to hire professionals to try to fix all their mistakes but they've poured concrete over the gas line and lights so it will never be a decent job. I wish I never met these amateurs!!!

Tony from Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Very satisfied with the professionalism. HD Concrete came recommended from a friend I found Matt, Sid and his crew were friendly and their prices very competitive. I would definitely recommend them to friends and family.

Giles Lapierre from Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

“Matt of High Definition Concrete came by my house to help me place a concrete pad in my backyard. Everything was completed quickly in a day and it was a job well done! I would recommend Matt’s concrete services to any of my contacts because I know he’s a good guy and does great, efficient work.”

Courtney Watkins from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

The owner Matt came in himself and worked through a holiday weekend as I was in a bind and needed my stairs done in order to open up my retail store. He went above and beyond the scope of the job and I would definitely recommend his services

Thanks for the interesting project Courtney! We had fun getting your store ready for opening.

Don McLellan from Port Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Sid and Matt did an excellent job replacing our driveway, walkways, and some in-ground water collection work. They were on time and on budget, plus made themselves available to answer any questions in the friendliest of manner.

Karen & Art from Langley
1 review Langley, BC

In the initial stages of ‘contemplation' of a new stamped concrete driveway, sidewalk and steps, & patio we found High Definition Concrete on-line and then checked for reviews on HomeStars.com. Here we found useful information that made us comfortable with contacting HD Concrete requesting an on-site estimate. From the moment we met with Matt DeVries we were at ease with this man who answered questions we hadn’t even asked yet! HD’s prices were comparable to two other estimates that we obtained. The final cost was the same as the estimated cost.

Once the job started we knew without a doubt that we had hired the right concrete contractor. The crew was prompt, courteous, & knowledgeable.

We had selected a particular stamp that we viewed on a previously stamped project. On the day of the pour Matt thought to bring along another seamless stamp for us to look at and we loved it.

One consideration - stamped concrete definitely takes more time to complete (due to the various processes that occur and the weather!) than plain brushed concrete but well worth the wait in the end.

HD Concrete is high on customer satisfaction. Thanks to Matt, Sidney & Dean and their crews for all their attention during the process.

Tim from Coquitlam
2 reviews Coquitlam, BC

There were cracks all over my old driveway and we decided to replace it. We had several estimates and settled wtih HD concrete. Matt explained what are the different ways to re-do the drivewayt and my wife settled with stamped concrete and with a differnt color stamped border. Also my wife want to do the same with the front enterance, then she added a stamped patio in the backyard and finally added stamped concrete on the saide of the house which used to be just pebbles. So the job started with $10,000 and ended up $35,000. Matt and his crew did a very good job and we are very satisfied with the new look. Our house is on the corner lot and almost everyday when we work on our front flower beds we would hear people praise how good looking our new driveway looks. Job well done HD!!!

Thanks for the detailed review Tim! I'm glad we had the opportunity to work on your home. When it comes to stamped concrete, and decorative concrete designs we can't get enough.

-Matt

VancouverCathy from Vancouver
2 reviews Vancouver, BC

I wanted to update my review as it's been 2 years since we had the work done. Due to our inexperience with concrete we didn't realize at the time that the concrete paths should slope away from the house. The entire path along the side of our home slopes inward and we are having water issues inside that we never had before. The concrete is badly stained from a tree above and that should have been flagged as apotential problem with a recommendation to get a dark stain in the concrete. We were also concerned about how the concrete steps sloped inward as well. It took an eternity to get Matt to return calls and eventually come out. He said the guy that did the stairs didn't have much experience(?!) so Matt ground some channels on the sides of the stairs to release the standing water. In hindsight we wasted our money but you live and learn. This will all have to be dug up and redone. I can't in good conscience recommend High Definition Concrete for smaller, residential jobs.

We couldn't be happier with the process and results. Matt and his family are serious professionals and seriously nice guys. From quote, to framing and pour everything was efficient and well executed.
I wanted to inset a leaf pattern into the concrete. (My husband thought I was nuts) Matt's Dad gave me great advice, said they do it all the time. I staggered a pattern in a few places and am so happy with the results.
We got three quotes for this job. One was higher and one said he'd match the lowest price. Always stay away from those guys!
In the end we went with our guts about who we thought would do the best job. And we were right...couldn't be happier!

Review has 1 previous version

We appreciate the detailed review Cathy. Leaves and designs in the concrete are very 'West Coast', you would be nuts not to do it!
- Matt

More about High Definition Concrete Ltd.

We believe that each concrete project must be prepared and completed to the highest standards. Built off of three generations of experience we stick out from the competition with our professional work ethic. Along with our dedication to providing excellence and customer service, High Definition Concrete is a leader in the decorative concrete industry.