Red Tree Management

Review for Red Tree Management

Scott in Burlington
Scott in Burlington

New Home Build

I bought a house from Brett and it has been nothing short of a disaster for the past 3 years of my life.

Brett and the team at Red Tree/Bordeau are nice and charismatic and I have tried my best to give him the benefit of the doubt for almost 3 years now. Unfortunately, Brett does not deliver quality products. He asked me to close on a house that was incomplete and with my lack of experience I didn’t know I could refuse. The exterior of the house has yet to be completed 18+ months after possession (see photos of what was sold to me vs. delivered). He commits endlessly to deadlines and misses them endlessly blaming weather, or anything he can think of. He is insulted when anyone suggests any other way of doing things and blames you for everything. It has gotten to the point I am so desperate I am forced to get the work done myself at my own additional expense. Somehow it is always someone else’s fault that things don’t get done, he rarely takes responsibility for anything. Some of the issues with house include unfinished exterior (see photos), plumbing leaks, unfinished garage, unfinished exterior electrical, site drainage issue causing erosion and the deck to sink. Even when Brett does decide that he will step in and take responsibility the repairs are done to bare minimum. The roof leak was fixed however the paint job to cover the fix was terrible.

In my building there are 5 units, 2 are yet to be sold and it is interesting that these 2 units are the ones that are completed fully even though I was the first unit to be purchased and he has now moved onto other buildings. Why would you finish unsold units and begin new ones when you have yet to complete units that already been paid for? I have never experienced anything so stressful in my life and I hope this review can save someone else having to go through what I am going through.
While I have held out hope that Brett and Red Tree would eventually deliver I am at my wits end and must warn anyone else considering purchasing from that it is one of the single biggest regrets of my life. Brett is determined to make this hardest on my family and tenants. I now live in Toronto and have health issues and as such am no longer able to properly manage the situation. I have appointed a proxy to help me try to finish off the final pieces and Brett refuses to work with them. He does not return emails or calls except when it is convenient for him. I sincerely hope this review can save someone else from the horror I have gone through.

Looking for Builders pros in Calgary?