Garage Door Geeks

HomeStars  >  Garage Doors & Hardware in Markham  >  Garage Door Geeks

Reviews for Garage Door Geeks

Michael
Michael

Convert spring to torsion bar

So in the winter our garage door was having issues, thought it was dying. Called a few companies but Garage Door Geeks came first. He was the only one who said, you know we could repair it but really if you can manage you can just grease the tracks and it should keep going. If you really want we can replace it but any repair I do will just likely lead to a failure again. So save your money and call me when it fails.

The other companies all wanted to replace it or repair it. None of them told me this option.

Well I bought the grease for the chains and it worked. This May it failed. So without hesitation I called Garage Door Geeks. He was busy but said he'd come by. My wife was home, he talked her through the options, cheapest (replace the springs and put torsion bar), and three new garage door options.

We settled on the torsion bar because we were going to deal with our siding at some point and didn't want to pick colours yet. So his installer came by at 4pm, was done by 6:30. He had to replace a bent rod and got it working.

When we finally get that new garage door, they will be my only call. It was a pleasure.

Tanya in Brampton
Tanya in Brampton

Problem with garage door opening/closing

Excellent service and they were wery quick on response. My garage door was fixed in no time by Nazar. Very professional, he described to me exactly what the problem was and how he is going to fix it. I’ve decided to go with Garage Geeks because I have heard some good feedback about them and no regrets on that!. Their prices are very good as well, no rip offs! I strongly recommend this company if you have problems with your garage doors or in need of a new ones and are looking for a great quality service for a competitive price.

very thank you for the review

Dino
Dino

Garage Door Down!

This evening the door got jammed with one car inside the garage. Really?I reviewed Homestars and called a few places but no responses, except from Nazar at Garage Door Geeks. He was courteous and provided a rapid assessment over the phone. He showed up one hour later and fixed the problem quickly and efficiently. I am impressed with his skills, passion and honesty. No doubt I am keeping his phone number for any future needs and for any recommendation I would gladly pass to friends and family. Thanks Nazar!

medical 2016	 in Brampton
medical 2016 in Brampton

very honest person

I was impressed with the honesty of the bear man from Ukraine with the silver truck, we don't find many of this kind of person in our day. I recommend him

jeffhop_rn
jeffhop_rn
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Garage door opener repair

Fast reply, professional service, fixed problem (2 units) right away and gave us care and maintenance tips. We are extremely satisfied, fair and reasonable price. I recommend garage door geeks.

thank you for the great review!!

MM in Mississauga
MM in Mississauga

Track wheel repair

Called Oleg yesterday and I booked an appt. for today. Oleg showed up on time, and was very professional, polite and courteous.
He diagnosed and repaired our door in no time.
I would recommend garage door geeks.
Thank you Oleg.

Rohit in Mississauga
Rohit in Mississauga

Garage door torsion spring replacement

Woke up to a loud noise in the house and could not figure what until the next morning when the garage door would only open a few inches off the ground trapping my car inside. Noticed the torsion spring had snapped. Tried a few tricks from online videos but could not get the door to open unless willing to take a bigger risk and trying to push the door up manually. Didn't want the door to slam down on the car so tried to call a few companies only to realize they were all closed over the long weekend. Read some great reviews on Garage door geeks and was able to reach Olek who understood the situation and was able to accommodate the request within the hour. The quote was explained over the phone and he arrived right on time. Olek got the job done within 20 mins with ease and answered the queries I had with the operation and maintenance on the door. The cost was exactly what was quoted with no hidden charges or surprises and got a 1 year warranty as well. I was very satisfied with the professional service and would definitely recommend Garage Door Geeks.

thank you for the awesome review!!

Garage door replacement

Need a new garage door so I decided to email Garage Door Geeks (GDG). They responded promptly to my email. GDG gave accurate quotes over the email if you have correct measurements of your garage door. When they came in person to confirm my quote, there were no surprises.

On the day of the install, they came on time and started the work promptly. Oleg (the main guy who does installs) was professional and friendly. The whole process was very hassle-free. I am writing this review almost 6 months after install. So far, no problems with the door.

thank you for the great review. could we have done something better to have made it a 10 star?

Shelley in Mississauga
Shelley in Mississauga

A+

I called Garage Door Geeks based upon the reviews here on Homestars and I was not disappointed. They came out and replaced my broken, loud and outdated motor that used to shake the house with a delightfully quiet, working unit.

I did not expect same-day service. It was a wonderful surprise!

L L.
L L.

Broken spring

The Garage Door Geeks were wonderful. The Spring was broken on my garage door and they quoted me on the service call and how much a new spring would be. Nazar my technician showed up right on time, calling to let me know beforehand when he would be at my house. He got right to work explaining what would happen and took care of replacing the spring quickly and efficiently. He answered my questions and the final price was exactly as quoted! Awesome service! I plan to use them again if I have any other issues with my door!

More about Garage Door Geeks

Garage Door Geeks are dedicated to bringing you satisfaction. With over 10 years of experience, our skilled technicians offer exceptional service to help keep your door last you longer. Garage Door Geeks technicians are provided with the skills and parts needed to make your door run smoothly. We offer warranty on all work that our qualified technicians perform on your garage door, along with the parts installed.

Our warranty is unbeatable, with flexible plans to help your garage door hold together strong for longer. We have great deals that will bring your door into optimal working condition. With all repairs performed, we lubricate your door with the proper spray lubricant. Before leaving your home, we give you important information on how to properly maintain your door. Without the proper knowledge of garage door mechanics, a home owner can’t be expected to maintain a door. Our trained technicians give you a quick lesson on what are the key components and how to optimize the life of your garage door.
Why choose us

Qualified technicians fully equipped with the knowledge and parts to repair your garage door
Fast, friendly and affordable service, with exceptional punctuality making sure to work around your schedule
After every visit, full lubrication of all hardware (springs, hinges, bearings and ball bearing garage rollers)
Our trained technicians will quickly go over on what needs to be maintained seasonally to keep your door running longer