Garage Door Geeks

HomeStars  >  Garage Doors & Hardware in Markham  >  Garage Door Geeks

Reviews for Garage Door Geeks

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Top Notch Service

Had intermittent issues with garage door opener. They replaced circuit board. Same issue. Put in a different model of circuit board. Problem appears to be radio frequency interference. So far they have been excellent in trying to resolve issue. They are professionals. Wish other companies where as conscientious. Highly recommended.

TED from POOLMASTER CANADA INC.
TED from POOLMASTER CANADA INC.

Garage Door Repair - Broken Torsion Spring

Great communication. Great service. Very professional. The Torsion Spring of my garage door had snapped. I left an email message and received a reply within 2 hours. We set a time (with a 3 hour window) and day for the service call to be made. The technician called 1/2 an hour before arriving within the time frame. He had the necessary replacement spring, lubricated the rollers, and adjusted the 2 lower sensors, and the job was completed within 45 minutes. All in all, a job well done and a company I would recommend without hesitation!

Dr. K in Toronto
Dr. K in Toronto

Excellent service!

Called company to replace torsion spring. Oleg came next day as promised. Knew exactly what he was doing, had whatever parts he needed, inspected and lubricated and was done before I knew it. Was pleasant, helpful, efficient, and honest. Would definitely use them again for any garage door needs.

Ben from Toronto
Ben from Toronto

Problem with sensor

Had a problem with my garage door. It wouldn't open or close. I called Garage Door Geeks. They answered the phone immediately. I described my problem. They told me that they could come and fix but offered advice over the phone as to how I could do it myself. Advice was perfect and my garage door is now working after fixing the sensor myself. Thanks very much for the free advice!

you're very welcome, thank you for the review

davids
davids

Garage Door Sensor Repair

An absolute pleasure. Had a sensor wiring issue and garage door would not close. Problem quickly found. Fast (same day), friendly service. Reasonably priced. Couldn't be happier. Highly recommend!!! Should be your number one go to.

thanks for the awesome review

MC in Toronto
MC in Toronto

Smooth Experience from Quote to Finish

I found Garage Door Geeks here on Homestars and decided to go with them after reading all the positive reviews, particularly the comments about clear communication and honesty.

My old wooden garage door snapped and I was in the market for a low-mid range carriage style white door and a replacement motor for my old Sears Craftsman unit.

Initial contact was via email and they called me back later that day and we spoke about the project for about half an hour. We made arrangements for an on-site visit the next day. I did not call any other companies and I didn’t want the hassle of lateness and missed appointments. Homestar reviewers said they were good, and I was going to but faith in that until I had reason not to.

Oleg arrived on time. Pricing was transparent. They had a price sheet listing all their products and accessories. I needed aluminum capping as part of the job and pricing for that was a discretionary decision on their part. He was clear that it would take four weeks for the door to arrive and that an appointment for installation would be scheduled at that time.

I got the call exactly four weeks later and was able to get an appointment immediately as someone else had cancelled. The guys arrived on time and took most of the day, as they indicated. They swept up my garage after finishing and took all waste and packaging with them along with my old door and motor.

I’m very happy with the door and the whole experience from initial contact to payment. You won't go wrong with these guys.

wow, thank you for the effort and the awesome review :)

steve.rapini in
steve.rapini in

Happy with Oleg

I had Oleg do work on our townhouse complex and they did a great job with good communication throughout. Very happy and will use him again if i ever need garage door work

Grant in Toronto
Grant in Toronto

Garage Door Repair

Very attentive, helpful and professional. They scheduled an appointment for the day after I called and successfully fixed the issue with our garage door. Price was very reasonable. I will continue to go to them for any future issues and highly recommend their services for others!

Expert Reviewer
Expert Reviewer

Unprofessional!

Not happy with the service. The technician was clueless, he came to install a wireless garage door opener. He tried reading the instructions-but did not understand them. He said he had never installed this kind of garage opener before so he doesn’t know how to do it and recommended I buy another one. Still charged me $80 for a service call even though he did absolutely nothing. They could have asked over the phone when we booked an appointment what model door opener we have to verify if they know how to do it. Very unprofessional!

I'm sorry you misunderstood our pricing. over the phone we explained we charge $80 to come out and we would charge an additional $40 for the installation of the device. we charged you a service call after the technician spent over an hour trying to connect the defective MyQ you provided and did not charge you the additional $40. if it had been our product we would have come back with a replacement free of charge.

Felix in Toronto
Felix in Toronto
6 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Garage door and garage door openers

I got 3 old wood garage doors replaced with 3 insulated doors and capped the door trim. Also had Nazar and team install 3 provided garage door openers. His team was fantastic to deal with, addressed all my concerns in a timely manner and left the garage clean. I really appreciate their assistance. Thanks guys!

More about Garage Door Geeks

Garage Door Geeks are dedicated to bringing you satisfaction. With over 10 years of experience, our skilled technicians offer exceptional service to help keep your door last you longer. Garage Door Geeks technicians are provided with the skills and parts needed to make your door run smoothly. We offer warranty on all work that our qualified technicians perform on your garage door, along with the parts installed.

Our warranty is unbeatable, with flexible plans to help your garage door hold together strong for longer. We have great deals that will bring your door into optimal working condition. With all repairs performed, we lubricate your door with the proper spray lubricant. Before leaving your home, we give you important information on how to properly maintain your door. Without the proper knowledge of garage door mechanics, a home owner can’t be expected to maintain a door. Our trained technicians give you a quick lesson on what are the key components and how to optimize the life of your garage door.
Why choose us

Qualified technicians fully equipped with the knowledge and parts to repair your garage door
Fast, friendly and affordable service, with exceptional punctuality making sure to work around your schedule
After every visit, full lubrication of all hardware (springs, hinges, bearings and ball bearing garage rollers)
Our trained technicians will quickly go over on what needs to be maintained seasonally to keep your door running longer