Rankin Home Inspection

Reviews for Rankin Home Inspection

jatonini
jatonini

Quality Home Inspection

Bryce was very thorough in his home inspection, very professional and was able to provide a comprehensive report within a few hours in order for us to make an informed decision on buying a home in Dundas. Incredibly efficient. We were much more confident after hearing his review, especially with all his great suggestions on how to improve problem areas, as well as the thermal imaging tool he used to detect any hidden areas of heat loss, proper spacing of joists, and any potential water damage. We highly recommend him, and would most certainly use his services again in future.

It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection needs and thank you for the great review. I am very happy to hear that you found the inspection and report informative and helpful.

I wish you all the best going forward, and if you ever have any questions or I can help in anyway, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Sincerely,

Ancaster home review in Hamilton
Ancaster home review in Hamilton

Home Inspection in Ancaster

We are so glad we had Bryce inspect our dream home. He was very knowledgeable and informative and confirmed we made the right choice for our dream home. The report is detailed, easy to understand and there are pictures to accompany the recommendations. I would definitely recommend his service and will use him on any future home inspections.
Bryce thanks again!!

Thank you for the great review and it was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection needs. I am very happy to hear that you found the inspection and report informative and helpful.

I wish you all the best going forward and if I can ever be of help, just let me know.

Sincerely,

Carolyn in San Francisco
Carolyn in San Francisco
1 review Boucherville, QC

Home inspection in Burlington

We contacted Bryce through a referral from our real estate agent. Bryce visited the property we were interested in buying and did a very thorough inspection. Moving from a condo into a home, we had many questions, and he completed a through inspection and then provided a very detailed report. The report was helpful not only in our purchase decision, but as a guide to home maintenance for our new property. Would highly recommend. Thank you Bryce!

Thank you for the great review Carolyn. It was my pleasure to be of help with you home inspection and am glad to hear that the report helpful. I wish you all the best going forward and if you ever have any questions or I can help in anyway, Do not hesitate to get in touch.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Noticed the little details - saved our bacon

Bryce did a very thorough job and was able to give us an insider's look at the house we were buying. His most valuable service, however, was uncovering the hidden knob and tube wiring that the seller claimed/believed had been updated. With this information in hand we were able to deal fairly with the seller to ensure that the wiring issue and other serious issues raised in the inspection were satisfactorily handled. As a side note, I showed the inspection report to a friend who is in the trades. He commented that it was the best inspection report he has ever seen.

Thank you for the great review. It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection and am glad to hear that you found the report and inspection valuable. I wish you all the best going forward and if I can ever be of help, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Private User reviews Welland, ON

Home inspection

Bryce was very knowledgable and informative when it came to inspecting our first home. The report is detailed, easy to understand and there are pictures to accompany the recommendations. I would definitely recommend his service and will use him on any future home inspections

Thank you for the great review! It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection and am happy to hear that the report was helpful. If you ever have any questions or if I can help in anyway, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Terri
Terri
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Home Inspection

I chose Rankin Home Inspection because their sample report online was more detailed than most, and the report contained actual photos taken on site of potential problems in difficult-to-access areas of the home. These photos would allow us to communicate clearly when it came time to have repairs done.

I accompanied Bryce on the inspection and asked him questions and took notes on nearly everything he examined. He was pleasant, welcomed my questions and took time to give clear answers.

One example of how he arrived at one of his findings will best illustrate the detail of his observation and follow-through in his analysis: Bryce noticed that a pillar supporting the roof of the front porch was slightly tilted inwards. He probed the bricks that were supported by the pillar, and found one of the bricks was loose. Temporarily removing the brick and exploring behind it with a flashlight revealed rotten wood in the frame of the roof (evidence of prolonged roof leakage), and a soot-like coating on interior surfaces, (suggesting fire damage.) The covered porch, and second floor balcony above the porch would need major repairs or replacement.

Other disappointing findings (such as knob and tube, poor patching of chimney flashings, pinholes in the main sewage stack) led me to tell Bryce, just one hour into the inspection, that my husband and I would probably withdraw our offer to purchase. Bryce offered me the option to speak with my husband, make a decision, and if we decided not to buy the home, to end the inspection right then, and he would charge us a reduced fee for a partial report.

We've had four home inspections on a variety of homes, as our family has relocated within Ontario. And the inspection done for us by Bryce Rankin last week was the most meticulous, helpful and informative of them all. I can't imagine buying another home in this region, without first getting a report by Bryce.

Thank you for the great review Terri and it was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection. I wish you all the best in your search and if I can ever be of help, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Olaf
Olaf
5 reviews Thorold, ON

Home Inspection

We purchased an older house in St. Catharines a few months ago. The sellers had a home inspection report available so we did not arrange for one. However after living here for several months, we decided that the sellers' report had some gaps and that we needed more information about our house. We contacted Bryce Rankin, who is highly recommended on Homestars. We are happy to say that the Homestars ratings for Bryce are bang on. He did an incredible job for us and we highly recommend him. He is extremely knowledgeable, patiently answered all of our questions and provided great tips and advice. He was prompt, respectful, courteous, personable and friendly from the time he arrived and throughout the inspection. Thank you Bryce!

It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection and thank you for the great review Olaf. I am glad to hear that you were happy with my service and If I can ever be of help going forward, please do not hesitate to get in touch. All the best!

Karen in London
Karen in London
2 reviews London, ON

Home Owner's Inspection

I bought a house without an inspection and immediately on winning the bid set up time to have Rankin Home Inspection come to complete a review of the property. Bryce was prompt and very professional, taking the time to walk me through the house and what he was seeing. The checks of appliance make/models for recall was a huge bonus for me. It turns out the gas fireplace in the basement was recalled and needed to be disconnected immediately!

The final report contained a great write-up along with pictures to illustrate problem areas and a timeline of repairs to consider. I would 100% recommend using Rankin Home Inspection to all my friends and family!

Thank you for the great review Karen! It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection and if you need anything going forward, do not hesitate to contact me.

I wish you all the best with your new home!

Linda in Toronto
Linda in Toronto
4 reviews Fort Erie, ON

Home Inspection

On May 11th, 2017, Bryce did a home inspection of a townhouse I was really excited about buying in Crystal Beach. Thankfully, after Bryce did a very thorough, knowledgeable and professional inspection of the property, I managed to avoid buying a money pit fraught with both interior and exterior water damage due to incorrect pex plumbing, incorrect couplings with the pex plumbing, poor exterior sealing around house, windows, doors and master bedroom balcony, joists were cut down to only 1 inch left to fit tubs and showers in - which left them unstable - therefore causing the plumbing to leak down the main & basement floor walls and ceilings. A real house of cards waiting to collapse. Thank you, Bryce, for saving me a ton of $.

Thank you for the great review Linda. It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection. If you ever have any questions or if I can be of help in anyway, do not hesitate to get in touch. All the best going forward.

Sarah and Andrew in Toronto
Sarah and Andrew in Toronto

Home Inspection

We can't thank Bryce enough for his excellent work. We contacted him to provide a home inspection on a property we were considering buying. He was knowledgeable, thorough and attentive. He uncovered some serious issues with the home's wiring and pests and saved us countless amounts of time, money and agony. He was flexible and quick to respond to our questions. We will definitely be using Bryce's help again in the near future.

Thank you Sarah and Andrew for the kind review. It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection and look forward to working with you again in the future. I wish you all the best with your home search.

More about Rankin Home Inspection

Bryce Rankin owner of Rankin Inspection is a fully Certified Home Inspector with the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNachi) and a Baeumler Approved Home Inspection Company. Know your Home and Know your Inspector. Bryce will be with you to help throughout the entire process and for any questions you may have before, during, or after the inspection.

Our detailed Home Inspections provide our clients with all the necessary information to make an informed home purchase. With digital reporting it is quick and easy to share your report with family, friends, or contractors to aid in any work or opinions that may be required to move forward comfortably with your investment.

Thermal Imaging and Moisture Detection equipment used on all of our inspections can reveal defects that cannot be seen by the human eye. Revealing potential trouble spots throughout the home.

Whether a home buyer, seller, or owner we can help.

Contact Bryce Rankin to discuss your home inspection needs!

All inspections are completed to the standards of practice of InterNachi ensuring you will "Know Your Home!"

Follow us on Facebook or visit our website for more information and to book your inspection through our easy online booking!

Fully Insured & Certified