Rankin Home Inspection

Terri
Terri
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Home Inspection

I chose Rankin Home Inspection because their sample report online was more detailed than most, and the report contained actual photos taken on site of potential problems in difficult-to-access areas of the home. These photos would allow us to communicate clearly when it came time to have repairs done.

I accompanied Bryce on the inspection and asked him questions and took notes on nearly everything he examined. He was pleasant, welcomed my questions and took time to give clear answers.

One example of how he arrived at one of his findings will best illustrate the detail of his observation and follow-through in his analysis: Bryce noticed that a pillar supporting the roof of the front porch was slightly tilted inwards. He probed the bricks that were supported by the pillar, and found one of the bricks was loose. Temporarily removing the brick and exploring behind it with a flashlight revealed rotten wood in the frame of the roof (evidence of prolonged roof leakage), and a soot-like coating on interior surfaces, (suggesting fire damage.) The covered porch, and second floor balcony above the porch would need major repairs or replacement.

Other disappointing findings (such as knob and tube, poor patching of chimney flashings, pinholes in the main sewage stack) led me to tell Bryce, just one hour into the inspection, that my husband and I would probably withdraw our offer to purchase. Bryce offered me the option to speak with my husband, make a decision, and if we decided not to buy the home, to end the inspection right then, and he would charge us a reduced fee for a partial report.

We've had four home inspections on a variety of homes, as our family has relocated within Ontario. And the inspection done for us by Bryce Rankin last week was the most meticulous, helpful and informative of them all. I can't imagine buying another home in this region, without first getting a report by Bryce.

Thank you for the great review Terri and it was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection. I wish you all the best in your search and if I can ever be of help, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Olaf
Olaf
5 reviews St. Catharines, ON

Home Inspection

We purchased an older house in St. Catharines a few months ago. The sellers had a home inspection report available so we did not arrange for one. However after living here for several months, we decided that the sellers' report had some gaps and that we needed more information about our house. We contacted Bryce Rankin, who is highly recommended on Homestars. We are happy to say that the Homestars ratings for Bryce are bang on. He did an incredible job for us and we highly recommend him. He is extremely knowledgeable, patiently answered all of our questions and provided great tips and advice. He was prompt, respectful, courteous, personable and friendly from the time he arrived and throughout the inspection. Thank you Bryce!

It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection and thank you for the great review Olaf. I am glad to hear that you were happy with my service and If I can ever be of help going forward, please do not hesitate to get in touch. All the best!

Karen in London
Karen in London
2 reviews London, ON

Home Owner's Inspection

I bought a house without an inspection and immediately on winning the bid set up time to have Rankin Home Inspection come to complete a review of the property. Bryce was prompt and very professional, taking the time to walk me through the house and what he was seeing. The checks of appliance make/models for recall was a huge bonus for me. It turns out the gas fireplace in the basement was recalled and needed to be disconnected immediately!

The final report contained a great write-up along with pictures to illustrate problem areas and a timeline of repairs to consider. I would 100% recommend using Rankin Home Inspection to all my friends and family!

Thank you for the great review Karen! It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection and if you need anything going forward, do not hesitate to contact me.

I wish you all the best with your new home!

Linda in Toronto
Linda in Toronto
4 reviews Fort Erie, ON

Home Inspection

On May 11th, 2017, Bryce did a home inspection of a townhouse I was really excited about buying in Crystal Beach. Thankfully, after Bryce did a very thorough, knowledgeable and professional inspection of the property, I managed to avoid buying a money pit fraught with both interior and exterior water damage due to incorrect pex plumbing, incorrect couplings with the pex plumbing, poor exterior sealing around house, windows, doors and master bedroom balcony, joists were cut down to only 1 inch left to fit tubs and showers in - which left them unstable - therefore causing the plumbing to leak down the main & basement floor walls and ceilings. A real house of cards waiting to collapse. Thank you, Bryce, for saving me a ton of $.

Thank you for the great review Linda. It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection. If you ever have any questions or if I can be of help in anyway, do not hesitate to get in touch. All the best going forward.

Sarah and Andrew in Toronto
Sarah and Andrew in Toronto

Home Inspection

We can't thank Bryce enough for his excellent work. We contacted him to provide a home inspection on a property we were considering buying. He was knowledgeable, thorough and attentive. He uncovered some serious issues with the home's wiring and pests and saved us countless amounts of time, money and agony. He was flexible and quick to respond to our questions. We will definitely be using Bryce's help again in the near future.

Thank you Sarah and Andrew for the kind review. It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection and look forward to working with you again in the future. I wish you all the best with your home search.

Fahim Safi
Fahim Safi

First time doing business with Rankin and I was impressed

I've been a real estate broker for over 14 years and have done countless inspections on properties i bought for myself and my clients.
My first time doing business with Rankin and I was ver pleased with how Bryce did a through inspection and paid attention to the details. He conducts himself in a very professional way, and I found him to be knowledgable and a man of integrity.
Bryce also went out of his way to expedite my report as my condition was due same day.
I definitely recommend using Rankin Inspection for your next home purchase.

Thank you Fahim! It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection and wish you and your family all the best going forward. If you ever have any questions or I can help in any way, please feel free to get in touch.

Tamara Deneault in Dundas
Tamara Deneault in Dundas
1 review Oshawa, ON

Home Inspection

Bryce inspected our new home in Dundas and did an excellent job. He is very friendly, knowledgeable and informative.

I was very happy with the inspection report when I received it. It is extremely detailed with great pictures that will help explain all of the issues found to my husband who was not present at the inspection.

We will highly recommend Rankin Home Inspection to our family and friends. We have already booked Bryce to inspect our current home before we list it!

Thank you for the great review Tamara! It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection, and look forward to inspecting your current home. If you ever have any questions or if I can be of help in any way, feel free to reach out.

Kyle in Hamilton
Kyle in Hamilton

Home Inspection

TOP MARKS!! I wish to offer my review of my home inspector, Bryce Rankin. I cannot say enough about how highly I recommend Bryce! Very thorough, very professional. I found him to be very knowledgeable, and helpful. He offered great tips and advise. I am a new home buyer, and he really took time to show me what needed to be done, and walk me through the process. His thermal camera was able to catch a wee concern, that couldn't be seen otherwise. Again, I am very pleased with his work. Top, top marks!! Thanks Bryce.

Thank you for the great review Kyle! It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection and am glad to hear that you were happy with my service. If I can ever be of help in the future, or if you have any questions, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Ron  in Stoney Creek
Ron in Stoney Creek

Home inspection

Bryce was extremely thorough with the inspection and took the time to explain all issues in detail as they arose. While doing so he would provide us with suggestions on how to address the issues and also was able to refer us to professionals who could assist with anything we could not address on our own. It provided us with great piece of mind and allowed us to complete the purchase with confidence. The report was very thorough and was provided promptly. We really appreciate his help and would definitely recommend him to others.

Thank you for the great review Ron! It was my pleasure to be of help with your home inspection and it is great to hear that you were pleased with my services. I wish you all the best going forward and if I can ever be of help, do not hesitate to get in touch.

More about Rankin Home Inspection

Bryce Rankin owner of Rankin Inspection is a fully Certified Home Inspector with the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNachi) and as well a Baeumler Approved Home Inspection company.

Our Home Inspections are completed to the standards of practice of InterNachi ensuring you will "Know Your Home!" in order to make an informed purchase decision !

All of our home inspections include a Thermal Imaging Scan of the property in order to detect defects that are not visible by the human eye. A RecallChek is submitted for all included appliances in order to ensure peace of mind, should any recalls be present. This informs clients of pending recalls and company contact information to correct these recalls.

Contact Bryce Rankin to discuss your home inspection needs!

Follow us on Facebook or visit our website for more information and to book your inspection through our easy online booking!

Fully Insured & Certified