The Mudd Monkey

Best of 2016 winner 2 timesBest of 2016winner 2 times

Reviews for The Mudd Monkey

Val in Toronto
Val in Toronto

Basement drywall, TBar ceiling, bathroom after rough in

Barry provided a timely estimate and payment schedule. He was professional and his sub contractors did good work as well.
He communicated regularly with us regarding the timing of each part of the job. I would recommend Mudd Monkey.

Hi Val thank you for choosing Mudd Monkey to do your basement development. It was a pleasure working for you.

Richard in Calgary
Richard in Calgary

Brilliant and friendly service

Barry was quick to respond and always on time. His communication was top notch, even though the job required a lot of coming and going, and patience he was always friendly and professional.

Would recommend to anyone, I'm very happy with the result.

Thank you very much for Choosing our Company to do your Basement.

Stephen in Toronto
Stephen in Toronto

Basement Drywall, Mud, Tape and Ceiling Texture

The MUDD MONKEY is the best contractor I have ever done business with. Quick to respond to completing the cost estimate. Comprehensive quote. On time. Removed all debris. Good communication. Good value and quality work!

Thank you Stephen is was a real pleasure working with you to finish your Basement. I really appreciate the feedback.

Ja Calgary
Ja Calgary

Mud / Tape Basement and Stairwell

Many compliments to Barry who first attended to view the site and prepare an estimate. Barry provided a timeline which was accurate and he was punctual each day he was working. Barry was personable, professional and clearly took pride in his work. The end result was excellent and we are very happy we went with The Mudd Monkey !!

Thank you so much Jason it was a pleasure working for you and your family.

C in Toronto
C in Toronto

Basement Drywall

Very satisfied with the finished product and I would use the company again. Barry was great at coordinating his subcontractors and he quickly responded to questions. I would recommend you discuss how to minimize the mess. I felt that a better effort could have been made to contain the dust with barriers and a drop cloth should have been placed on the finished flooring. I also had some coax and cat5 cables nicked by the board installers.

Thank you for the work and review.
I was unaware of any nicks as it was never mentioned. However, I will speak to the installers about the matter.
Drop cloths or poly are always use on site. The taper wiped down the floor after to get any dust.
Unfortunately, drywall dust is very fine and despite efforts to contain it, it is impossible to completely.
Thank you for the feedback. It is important as a small business to always strive to improve.

vschupley
vschupley

Basement Renovation Finishing

Barry's crew came in and finished our basement after our rough-in. Nice job, great price, friendly guy.

Victor thank you so much for choosing our Company to finish your basement it was a pleasure, your communication was fantastic.

AK
AK

Secondary suite

Barry and his team are exceptional and definitely recommended- highly skilled, professional, friendly and hard working. We really appreciated their expertise to keep our secondary suite project going til completion. Framing, drywalling/mudding, painting, electrical and plumbing trades came together beautifully.
Excellent!

Thank you so much Andrea you and your husband were awesome to work for.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Basement Renovation

I am very pleased with the basement renovation work completed by Mudd Monkey. Barry (the boss) is polite, punctual and a pleasure to deal with. He assures all work is completed to his high standard and is considerate of the customer perspective throughout the process. I plan to use Mudd Monkey again in the near future.

Thank you Chris, working for you was really enjoyable, you were very accommodating regarding the work schedule and easy to work for. I look forward to returning to do more work in the future.

Brian
Brian

Complete basement drywall repair, mud, and tape

We moved into a new house with a "finished" basement. The work done by the previous homeowners was amateurish with many visible seams, waves from excessive mudding, and overall poor workmanship. Barry came in over two weeks and the difference from before is night and day. He worked very hard to sand down and smooth out the entire basement, mud and taped new drywall we installed after a reconfiguration of the walls, and left us with a basement that was no longer an eyesore. After we primed and painted all the walls, the finished product looks amazing. Barry did fantastic work to revive our basement and give us a space to enjoy. He is true to his quotes as well.

Thanks for your patience, as well as the appreciation and Choosing me to do your work.

Kristen M.
Kristen M.

Main level drywalling and multilevel flooring install

Barry did an awesome job. He accommodated our immediate timeline and rescued our renovation after problems with a different contractor. The quality of his work is fantastic and he was a pleasure to have around. So much so that we had his team install our flooring after the drywall was complete. Barry is trustworthy; which takes the pressure off during a stressful renovation. I have recommended him to friends and neighbors. Thanks again Barry - our ceilings look AMAZING (also after our last contractor said that flat ceilings couldn’t be done in our house).

Thank you very much Kristen. It was such a great experience working for you.. I am really grateful for all the work.

More about The Mudd Monkey

I have spent over 30 years in the Renovation and New Home Industry. We specialize in Basement Finishing, Commercial Spaces, Additions and Garages. We also do Custom and Estate Homes.