The Mudd Monkey

Calgary AB T2R

Reviews for The Mudd Monkey

Kristen M.
Kristen M.

Main level drywalling and multilevel flooring install

Barry did an awesome job. He accommodated our immediate timeline and rescued our renovation after problems with a different contractor. The quality of his work is fantastic and he was a pleasure to have around. So much so that we had his team install our flooring after the drywall was complete. Barry is trustworthy; which takes the pressure off during a stressful renovation. I have recommended him to friends and neighbors. Thanks again Barry - our ceilings look AMAZING (also after our last contractor said that flat ceilings couldn’t be done in our house).

Thank you very much Kristen. It was such a great experience working for you.. I am really grateful for all the work.

Dave K.
Dave K.

Home renovation

I have used Mudd Monkey ( Barry Thomas ) for 2 renovation projects. One was a complete renovation. I would recommend Barry based on;
1. His honesty
2. The quality of the work
3. His ability to address unanticipated problems

Thank you Dave, I really appreciate the great working relationship, as well as your input and recommendation.

Larisa
Larisa

Basement development

I checked several companies before signing in with Bary (the owner of The Mudd Monkey). The gut feeling was good and I wasn't mistaken. Everything went according to the plan, the work was great, accurate. Bary is very reliable and a man of word. It's very important to me. I would surely recommend him and won't hesitate to work with him in the future.

Thank you very much Larisa, I really appreciated working with you because right from the beginning you knew what you wanted which made the whole process enjoyable thank you very much again for the work and I hope you and your family are enjoying your summer.

Jen in Calgary
Jen in Calgary

Basement Development

We hired Barry and his crew to do all the drywalling, mudding and taping for our basement development. They did a great job and finished the job quickly. Barry was always friendly and pleasant to deal with. Very happy with the finished product. Would highly recommend the Mudd Monkey!

Jen we really enjoyed working for you, it was effortless. Thank you so much for the recommendation.

jimfreeman
jimfreeman

Basement renovation

Nice courteous workers. Excellent results in their boarding and finishing. Would recommend them to anyone doing renovations

Thank you Jim for the great review. We are glad you are pleased with the work. We really appreciate the recommendation. It was a pleasure to work with you and your wife.

JBragg
JBragg

Basement drywall supply/install, resilient channel install, mud/tape and knock down ceiling.

Had Barry and crew to supply/install the drywall, resilient channeling, mud & tape and install knock down ceiling throughout my 600sq/ft basement development. The work was all performed in a timely manner (2 weeks) and I'm very pleased with the final result. I will hire The Mudd Monkey team again in the future for my other reno projects. Barry, Derick and Nick were all super helpful, respectful and are true professionals. The majority of work was completed with a new mom, newborn baby and small dog present in the house. All the guys were very respectful, thoughtful and accommodating to them (conscious of noise levels, cleaned and removed all garbage/surplus, communicated expected times of work and even gave my dog a few dog treats). Furthermore to my amazement they even worked on a stat holiday to keep the progress. Once the mud and tape was completed Barry inspected the basement and performed two days of touch ups to ensure everything was completed properly and that the walls where ready for me to paint. In conclusion Barry and team are a great group, true professionals with great prices and I highly recommended them for any reno projects. Will hire again in the future.

Thank you James, it really was an enjoyable project to work on. It means a lot to me to hear that you had a great experience, a recommendation from the homeowner to me is the highest complement
You can get, so thank your wife for us as well
Cheers.

make.4you
make.4you

Re boarding, patching, class 5 ceilings

Prompt quality service, with responsible trades persons. Work areas kept clean.
Great attention to detail.

Thank you very much, I look forward to working with you on future projects.

Marta H.
Marta H.
1 review Airdrie, AB

Basement development

Barry was a pleasure to deal with! He stood by his quote. Was on time! Did what he said he would, and profesionally! Will definetly recommend him for drywall, plumbing, hvac and full basement renovation.
Thank you Barry for all your hard work! We love our new basement!

Wow, thank you Marta, that's so good to hear I'm happy that you had a good experience with our company and thanks so much for the work. It was a pleasure working on your development.

Sandra
Sandra

Basement drywall, tapping and mudding.

The job was done well overall drywall tapping and mudding. I will recommend Barry at Mudd Monkey in the future. Barry replies quickly to any questions and addresses any issues. He has been back once to do some touch ups and is coming next week to do one small touch up after painting noticed a small area that needs some smoothing out. Very professional and all work completed in a timely manner. Thank you!

Thank you Sandra, for working with us on scheduling,
I appreciate the work

Randy & Tracy in Calgary
Randy & Tracy in Calgary

Basement renovation

Barry and his crew did a great job on all phases of the renovation.Stuch to costs and time frames,completed job looks great.We would highly recommend them for any job needed.

Thank you Randy for all the work, both you and Tracey were fantastic through the renovation process.

More about The Mudd Monkey

I have spent over 30 years in the Renovation and New Home Industry,We specialize in Basement Finishing.Commercial Spaces,Additions and Garages.We also do Custom and Estate Homes.