Forhomes Ltd.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
991 Matheson Blvd E. unit #6 Mississauga ON L4W 2V3

Exterior doors gone bad

I purchased doors from this company on two separate occasions. In both cases they messed up on the colour. On the 1st occasion, they claimed the error was due to the fact that they used another manufactures colour chart than the one I requested. In this case, I didn't make much issue of it.

On the second occasion, they messed up on the colour, providing me a dark blue colour (which looked black in their shop) but is a definite blue when in the sun and especially next to the black windows (which were to be colour matched. I gave them a sample of the window moulding and the colour code as was provide by the window manufacturer). Neither the rep (Derek) of the owner (John) accepted responsibility for their mistake. They placed blame on the company they use for painting who placed blame on Forhomes for not providing the painting company the proper sample.

To make matters worse, Forhomes provided the wrong hinges and refused to replace them - though they promised to do so. They also keyed two doors the same when requested (in writing) they key them differently.

This company not only caused me great stress, they also cost me a lot of time and money. It would have been reasonable for them to resolve the issue by fixing their mistakes.
I will never use them again and recommend that others avoid unprofessional people like them.