HomeStars  >  Home Automation in Toronto  >  Ecosmart Home Services

Reviews for Ecosmart Home Services

Ayodele

I recently replaced my water heater and I was offered a free Nest Thermostat with it.

I was looking for a new heater because our heater was 12 years old and my current company wouldn’t replace it. Mark was well mannered and the installation was quick and professional. I had my tank by the next day with the Nest Thermostat. Based on my personal experience, I’m very pleased with the service provided by Ecosmart. Big thanks to Mark and the Ecosmart program!

We bought a house that came with a rented furnace and water heater (big mistake). I installed an air conditioner and the when my contractor went to turn it on - the furnace did not work. He said to call the company we rented it from to arrange for a service call as it was supposed to be in working order when we bought the house. I called Eco smart Home services and they said that it was likely my contractor that broke the furnace because there were no prior complaints from the previous owners (?). They said it was too expensive to send someone out to fix it if it was not working because someone else broke it who likely was not licensed to use gas. The contract I used is licensed and very good. Apparently they duct work in the house was like a 5 year old did it he told me. There are holes everywhere. The fact was the furnace was not turning on - something was wrong with the furnace that is serviced by Ecosmart Home Services and they did not want to send anyone to fix it. I inquired about cancelling my contract - because why would I want to continue with a company that does not service its products and blames consumers and other contractors when something does not work? I had to call another financial department. The women on the phone agreed with me that it was ridiculous that they would not even send someone out and then I was transferred to someone else suddenly who indicated that the contract was not even in my name but it would cost roughly $6000 to cancel the contract and they would email me tomorrow with the exact quote - to cancel a service that is not fulfilling their obligation to service their product which for whatever reason is not working. I was then left a message by the company that someone will be coming from 6-9 pm and if the furnace is broken because of something else - I will be charged by credit card $140.00. - get it ready because it has already been determined that it is my or my contractors fault before they even looked at it. So if this is how a first time customer gets treated - this is not a company you want to work with. Pay to have your own furnace installed and rent a water heater from embridge directly. Much easier and you will not have to deal with three different people to get your furnace to turn on.

Matthew from Mississauga

Worst service ever. I thought I'd be saving a lot of money by switching but no. After the installation it stopped working. It was cold for a week. The service men that came to visit either had zero experience or were hired straight out of high school. I called the service lines but that didn't help; very unprofessional, the person on the other line, Flavio, would say he'd call back but he never does. 14 days later and it's still not functioning properly. Also I'm pretty sure 100% of the reviews posted here are fake, written by the company's employees to give the company a false public image.

Jackie Rumney from Cobble Hill
1 review Cobble Hill, BC

We own a 1650 house and our hydro bill last January was $660 for 2 months yet our house was always cold. We had a ductless heat pump installed & just got our bill $250 through a cold snap with heat on a lot. Nice & warm. How happy are we? Well add exceptional service by Ecosmart & you have the happiest customers ever !

Mr Murphy from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I don't know what to say, I was sold in 30 seconds, this guys good. Flav sit tight cause I'm referring you to someone!! My house..Ribs!!
Great job on the install!

george from Toronto

I had been referred by a friend about replacing my furnace and ac with Eco Smart, but first he mentioned that I need to deal with the advisor that dealt with him. He told me how he suddenly felt like he knew him forever though he never met him before! Flavio and I met and we hit it off like we were best friends! He mentioned that my furnace and ac were due for a replacement because it lacked efficiency and air quality was important. Although he was very high strung, full of energy and funny as hell I went ahead with the purchase and I gotta say I'm very impressed! Thank you Flavio for the best 11 mins of laughter lol.

Dan from Toronto
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Both the advisors and installers were very knowledgeable, professional and did exactly what was expected. We were thoroughly satisfied with the recommendations and installation of our new 60 gallon hot water tank.

Thomas M. Fallin
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

first off, i would like to comment on the great knowledge of the advisor Alex G who came to my house and answered all the questions i could imagine. He was very polite and knowledgeable. He recommended i change my furnace, ac, and water heater.

It was the BEST decision i ever made and im so happy with everything. The installers were also great and did a fantastic job. My energy bills have been cut by 60% and im glad i went high efficency and the air is AMAZING. thank you so much ecosmart i am very happy!!!

Natalie Fortin from Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

I had decided to sign with EcoSmart Energy for the rental services, upon signing up promises of exceptional service and support were made. Upon the transition phase there were a few obstacles which seemed that we were unable to resolve. I was doubting my decision to switch and had lost patience and was going to contact my previous rental company and have them re-instated their hot water tank. However after speaking with Patricia, she had found a resolution to my issues within 5 minutes. The care and need to resolve this matter as quickly as possible was exceptional. She had re-instated my faith with EcoSmart. Customer Service is an art, and Patricia has definitely showed the exceptional care, efficient and service which I was promised upon signing. Quite possibly the best customer service experience I have ever had. Thank you very much Patricia, you have made my New Year Natalie