Canadian Design Wood Flooring

Floor Laying & Refinishing
Scarborough ON M1P3C2
HomeStars  >  Floor Laying & Refinishing in Scarborough  >  Canadian Design Wood Flooring

Reviews for Canadian Design Wood Flooring

extremely horrible service

Siva the owner and his son have made many promises that they have not kept up with. They promised to start projects at a certain time while only starting them a month later with no answering or returning phone calls. They have also sold me material and when I went to pick it up gave me something else saying that they had nothing left of the one I asked for but they had another similar one. now when returning to get more of that material they said it was no longer made so then I had to re purchase the entire amount of the original one i had asked for. To be honest this is a vary shady company.
The workmanship is also very bad and finishing touches are not taking in accountability. The workers that are sent never arrive when they say and normally never arrive during normal working hours. The workers don't clean up their mess when they finish working and have also asked me to use tools and power tools that they should have themselves.

All and all this is a very poor service.

Jan in North York
Jan in North York
9 reviews North York, ON

New Hardwood Flooring, removal of existing carpet

I came upon an ad for Canadian Design Wood Flooring in a mail flyer and was pleasantly surprised by the promotion they had for hardwood flooring/installation. I went to the Scarborough showroom on Midland Ave., (there is another one in Brampton). I was met by Siva, the owner, and Logan, the sales representative. It is a small showroom, with little overhead, therefore, able to provide great prices. They both came to see the job at my house to give a firm estimate. Siva and Logan are friendly, and knowledgeable and stick to their word, offering the best price I could find for this huge job. The showroom has ample samples of all types of flooring, and offers many more services as well... carpets, granite countertops, etc. I was very impressed with the selection of flooring available and found an almost exact match to the Oak hardwood I had installed myself with a friend the year before on the main floor. Never again! Not worth the pain, the strain, the mess, the duration.....and no savings.
The job entailed removing all of the existing carpet and underpad, and moving and relocating all of the furniture from 3 fully furnished bedrooms. I also wanted all furniture fitted with felt pads and protectors. The existing baseboard required a trim piece to cover the necessary small gap between floor and wall. They said they'd do the job as soon as I wanted it done. And they did. Wood was delivered a few days ahead for acclimatizing, and the installers came as scheduled.

The installers, Vino, and his assistant, Rajah, were beyond excellent. Vino is an absolute professional, with talent beyond words. I have never seen anyone work with wood floors like this before. It was like watching a magician. He is a talented perfectionist, and a fast worker at the same time. He had every possible tool to assist the job for flawless installation. I was blown away with how beautifully he worked around the 11 door frames, and the adjoining ceramic tile in the bathroom. He and Rajah were delightful to work with. I was so very pleased. They worked tirelessly for two days to move all furniture from one room to the other and back again, removing all carpeting and underpadding first. They put protectors on all the furniture for me and did a beautiful job finishing the baseboard trim. All the dust and mess were cleaned up as they were working. I would recommend this company and these installers to anyone who wants a great job and gorgeous hard wood floors! Thank you!
Jan Green July 2012