Canadian Design Wood Flooring

Floor Laying & Refinishing
Canadian Design Wood Flooring

Reviews for Canadian Design Wood Flooring

Renovation

The job was completed but it looks more like a DYI instead of professional workmanship. The home was left in a mess with excessive dust everywhere. Paint spots left to dry, not cleaned up. Mortar left to dry on top of tiles without being cleaned off. The grout between tiles is dirty since workers walked on it with dirty boots before it dried. Fixtures installed in peculiar places and one has already fallen off. Clearly the workers are not adequately skilled and the operators Siva & Vic are usually absent so there is very little project management.

Disappointing.

Hi I'm not to sure who you are since i haven't received any complaints on the jobs done this year as of yet. I cant really help you or address any of these issues if you have a real concern feel free to contact me and ill help you out. We have many customers that are refereed to us because of our service if you feel that we didn't meet your expectations please contact me and well work to find you a resolution thanks vic

Stairs n Hallway Flooring

I am having the same problem now...said the work was going to take 2 weeks and now in its 3rd weeks. My house is a mess, dust in every spot and made it way to rooms

Contradicting what was said in person and then have something else on contract. Only interesting in getting payments. I think they are taking down payment money for jobs and do not have the proper manpower to do the work. They talk a good talk and that's all.

The same issues with the workers I am experiencing, very shoddy unprofessional work. Saw the worker once since the work started on my place....do not work weekends.
Have to keep complaining to get results.

hey i hope all is well its almost a year since your stairs renovation was done Im sorry for keeping to the given time line of 2 to 3 business weeks to get your stairs done. I also did mention to you before we signed the contract my workers do not work on weekends. It did take the extra third week to complete which i added as an extra time period in case of any issues with material. there were no issues with materiel instead in the middle of the job you decided to paint you iron picket first insisting i have to paint them for you free. I politely declined and gave you the option to paint them your self before i install them. In which you did and we completed the stairs renovation for you by the end of the renovation you seemed very happy with the end result but thank you for the review.

Rupa in Scarborough
Rupa in Scarborough

kitchen cabinets

I met Siva and his son Vivek Siva for a quote to renovate my kitchen. Vivek is a young entrepreneur, who is aspiring to grow in this business professionally. Vivek honestly explained as pros and cons of material suited to renovate our kitchen at a competitive price meeting all required standards. The crew members were professional and worked to my satisfaction. The customer service provided by Vivek and his crew members were excellent. I would recommend Canadian Design Wood Flooring for all renovations at a competitive price to customer satisfaction.

New hardwood floors and kitchen counter

I would highly recommend this company for renovations. The crew arrived on time every day and the work was completed in the time line we were given. The crew was exceptional - they paid attention to details and took great pride in their work. VIc was available and responded to questions promptly.

thank you for the review !

extremely horrible service

Siva the owner and his son have made many promises that they have not kept up with. They promised to start projects at a certain time while only starting them a month later with no answering or returning phone calls. They have also sold me material and when I went to pick it up gave me something else saying that they had nothing left of the one I asked for but they had another similar one. now when returning to get more of that material they said it was no longer made so then I had to re purchase the entire amount of the original one i had asked for. To be honest this is a vary shady company.
The workmanship is also very bad and finishing touches are not taking in accountability. The workers that are sent never arrive when they say and normally never arrive during normal working hours. The workers don't clean up their mess when they finish working and have also asked me to use tools and power tools that they should have themselves.

All and all this is a very poor service.

Hi I'm not to sure who you are since i haven't received any complaints on the jobs done like this for the last 10 years that sounds some what similar to your issue. i don't really understand why we did multiple services for you and you were such a good repeat customer coming back for other works if the first job was done poorly. I cant really help you or address any of these issues if you have a real concern feel free to contact me and ill help you out. We have many customers that are refereed to us because of our service if you feel that we didn't meet your expectations please contact me and well work to find you a resolution thanks vic

Jan in North York
Jan in North York
9 reviews North York, ON

New Hardwood Flooring, removal of existing carpet

I came upon an ad for Canadian Design Wood Flooring in a mail flyer and was pleasantly surprised by the promotion they had for hardwood flooring/installation. I went to the Scarborough showroom on Midland Ave., (there is another one in Brampton). I was met by Siva, the owner, and Logan, the sales representative. It is a small showroom, with little overhead, therefore, able to provide great prices. They both came to see the job at my house to give a firm estimate. Siva and Logan are friendly, and knowledgeable and stick to their word, offering the best price I could find for this huge job. The showroom has ample samples of all types of flooring, and offers many more services as well... carpets, granite countertops, etc. I was very impressed with the selection of flooring available and found an almost exact match to the Oak hardwood I had installed myself with a friend the year before on the main floor. Never again! Not worth the pain, the strain, the mess, the duration.....and no savings.
The job entailed removing all of the existing carpet and underpad, and moving and relocating all of the furniture from 3 fully furnished bedrooms. I also wanted all furniture fitted with felt pads and protectors. The existing baseboard required a trim piece to cover the necessary small gap between floor and wall. They said they'd do the job as soon as I wanted it done. And they did. Wood was delivered a few days ahead for acclimatizing, and the installers came as scheduled.

The installers, Vino, and his assistant, Rajah, were beyond excellent. Vino is an absolute professional, with talent beyond words. I have never seen anyone work with wood floors like this before. It was like watching a magician. He is a talented perfectionist, and a fast worker at the same time. He had every possible tool to assist the job for flawless installation. I was blown away with how beautifully he worked around the 11 door frames, and the adjoining ceramic tile in the bathroom. He and Rajah were delightful to work with. I was so very pleased. They worked tirelessly for two days to move all furniture from one room to the other and back again, removing all carpeting and underpadding first. They put protectors on all the furniture for me and did a beautiful job finishing the baseboard trim. All the dust and mess were cleaned up as they were working. I would recommend this company and these installers to anyone who wants a great job and gorgeous hard wood floors! Thank you!
Jan Green July 2012

Looking for Floor Laying & Refinishing pros in Scarborough?