AMS Home and Auto Services

Locks & Locksmiths
Toronto ON M5R2E2
HomeStars  >  Locks & Locksmiths in Toronto  >  AMS Home and Auto Services

Reviews for AMS Home and Auto Services

Simple Dead Bolt Installation completely botched !

The handle came off the first time I pulled it. (after he was finished and gone). Then the key did not work because he keyed it incorrectly. A second locksmith had to come and correctly install the lock and the pins inside. Not recommended at all.

ak in Toronto
ak in Toronto

Locked out of house

Called them, false advertising to start. Don't expect to pay the $15 + $35. Yes they were quick to come, but spent an hour just to say they couldn't do it.

The guy gave up and offered to drill the door and hinted that he would not have the parts to fix the door... sure get us in but then we can't lock the door again?

When I told him to forget it and I will just pay for the service call (which should have been $15) he had to call 3 people to approve that I pay credit card.

Another one of the cash grab with no work delivered other than things you could have done yourself

F in
F in

lock replacement

I saw the advertisement online that said 15$ for service fee and 45$ for lock replacement. HOW DID I END UP PAYING 750$? The man was late, rude and sold us a lock he claimed was 300$ which he took 5 mins to install. He didn't bring the receipt of the lock he bought claiming he got a discount on it and the supplier didn't give him a receipt. He also took our old lock. LESSON LEARNED never calling these people up again!!!!!

Mary from Toronto
Mary from Toronto

Locks replacement

Great professional service, called the company for estimate on replacing 2 locks, they showed up, explained everything and gave me options of different styles. defiantly will recommend to anyone who looking for locksmith services.

Cheryl Rowe from Hamilton
Cheryl Rowe from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

locksmith

Very misleading as their online ad stated that services would be $15 and I ended up paying close to $350 for a new lock for my mailbox. Would not recommend them to anyone!!

aliya ahmad from North York
aliya ahmad from North York
1 review North York, ON

locksmith

Beware. $15 for home visit and $35 up for work NOT TRUE. The locksmith that turned up at my door was not professional, unfreindly gave bad vibes.charged $135 for a 45 sec job of opening a bathroom lock. Didnt make a key after charging that kind of mone., The bath got locked again after 3 days and when customer services was called, they were extremely obnoxious and unhelpful.Many locksmiths to choose from in the city .DONT USE AMS PLEASE.Do yourself a favor.

LP from Charlotte
LP from Charlotte
2 reviews Charlotte, NC

Locksmith

Agin I agree fully that this is a totally unacceptable with this high security locks, they did the same with me and I spent a bomb for nothing. I would not use them or recommend them.

StatzWiz from Toronto
StatzWiz from Toronto
3 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Lock Company

When I needed my locks changed, this company sold me a lock which they claimed was "high security". After it was installed and needed the lock serviced, I spoke to 3 independent licensed locksmiths who told me that they type of lock purchased was not high security and not worth the price I paid for it.

Edit. The company has how removed its claim that the locks are UL listed but still makes claims it is a Grade 1 lock.

Little Italy: the toy factory
Little Italy: the toy factory

Locksmith

I couldn’t agree any more with the previous reviews. My front door locking mechanism was also loose with a key stacked inside and in a need of a replacement. I was charged $15.00 for showing up and $65.00 for labour and $165 for the lock replacement, which couldn’t cost more than $50. The visit came to ONLY 271.20.

Anne Morris from Richmond Hill
Anne Morris from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

locksmith

My son, who shares an apt with other young people attending school in the downtown area, called AMS Home and Auto Services to request a locksmith to unlock his bedroom door. He was advised that the cost of a visit would be $15 plus a minimum of $35 for the service. The technician broke the lock but did not remove it, replace it or change the door handle. He charged $125. I am disgusted that he took advantage of my son's youth and inexperience.