Bio Green Ontario

HomeStars  >  Mold Detection & Removal in Kitchener  >  Bio Green Ontario

Reviews for Bio Green Ontario

Private User reviews Waterloo, ON

Mold detection & removal

During a home inspection, the inspector noted down mold issues in the basement based on air quality test he did & mold detection dog he brought - a beagle (the home inspector is one of the top rated in HomeStars). The inspector pointed to a certain wall as the potential culprit.

I called 4 mold removal companies to get quotes to fix the "mold issue" mentioned in the report. The other 3 companies provided a quote based on the findings on the report & the inspector's observation (2 of those companies are also in HomeStars with high ratings). The "suspected" wall was about 10x10 in size so the quotes were in thousands since the dry-wall needs to be completely ripped out, the area behind the wall is treated with mold removal spray and the reinstall the wall...etc.

Bio Green was the last appt I had and at that point I have pretty much made up my mind to go with one of the companies that provided the lower quote to fix the "issue" unless Bio Green beats the quote. It was the owner (Dino) who showed up and upon hearing the story he was hesitant to provide a quote. Instead, he wanted to run his own tests and promised me that it would be quick and free of charge for me.

After spending about 15 additional minutes (moisture meter, thermal meter & visual inspection behind the baseboard which he had to remove and the reseal) he said he is fairly certain the air quality test showed elevated quantity of mold due to just stagnated air and simply running a dehumidifier for 10+ days will take care of the issue. I followed his suggestion and repeated the same air quality test (same lab too) and this time the report came clean! Paying for the lab test was my only cost (apart from buying a dehumidifier). Ended up saving few thousands ($), time & effort.

To be absolutely sure, I also called the lab that performed the analysis & written the report presented by the inspector (Pro-Lab: 1-800-427-0550). They also confirmed that elevated mold pores could be present in basements that are not used for long period of times (especially during summer due to high humidity) and agreed with the above procedure.

I haven't seen too many companies with this kind of integrity and professionalism in my experience. Bio Green may have lost a short term contract from me to "fix the mold issue" in the basement by ripping apart the wall like the other companies suggested and charging me for thousands even though there wasn't a real mold issue behind the wall to begin with but they have gained a life long customer in me. Thank You Dino and Bio Green. You rock!!!

Private User reviews Kitchener, ON

Eaves Trough Cleaning

Highly Recommended - Bio Green Ontario: (1) Responded to my inquiry within 24 hours. (2) Gave me a fair quote same day. (3) Had the job done within 2-3 days of initial contact. (4) Took before/after pictures of the job (5) Made recommendations to improve drainage. (6) The before pictures tells it all - he probably saved me from some serious water damage down the road. (7) The resulting mess was also cleaned up!!

J.K. from Kitchener
J.K. from Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Duct Cleaning

I called this company because I wanted a company that is environmentally friendly and local to this area. They came out within a few days and it was the owner who came to my house. He was punctual, friendly and informative and the job did not take very long! I was very impressed with how clean my ducts were and I feel that it made a difference in my son's asthma. He also took the time to talk to me about my furnace filter and I will be calling him to come back for air quality testing which is another service they provide.

Looking for Mold Detection & Removal pros in Kitchener?