Groundscape Construction Inc.

Toronto ON M5R 2E2
Landscape Contractors & Designers
Groundscape Construction Inc.

Best of 2017 winnerBest of 2017winner

Reviews for Groundscape Construction Inc.

Lazare Design in Toronto
Lazare Design in Toronto

Exterior landscaping

As an interior designer, Im often asked by clients to recommend a reputable landscaper. Over the years, I hadn't come across any one company which I would add to my list of recommended exterior contractors. That was until last year...one of my design clients hired Groundscape to design and landscape their exterior front and backyards. Sal
and his staff were so well-mannered and professional. My clients and I were truly impressed with the entire process. The end result was spectacular! Groundscape is now my go-to landscaping company. I've had several clients hire them for exterior projects, and the feedback has been remarkable.
This summer, my husband and I had the pleasure of working with Sal on our own property. Sal listened to our requirements, and mapped out a plan for phase 1 which worked really well for us. The process was quick and the results were impressive! As soon as the work was completed, Sal came by the same evening, at our convenience, and spent the time going through thorough instructions for care and maintenance of our new garden. It was a very positive experience, and we plan to use Sal on phase 2 next summer.

Thank you so much for the amazing review Tracey. Thanks to you we have had the opportunity to work with some amazing clients of yours. I am so happy that we now had the opportunity to make your landscaping at your home beautiful.

It really does look beautiful with all of the new flowers, plants & trees. We can't wait to work on phase 2 of your Landscape project!

Robert & Sara in Etobicoke
Robert & Sara in Etobicoke
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Backyard and Side of the House Landscaping

Before deciding on using Groundscape, we had several other landscaping companies come to our property to assess what we wanted and how to accomplish it. There was a fair bit of variety in terms of suggestions for drainage, removing things etc… Compared to some of the other companies that came by, Sal Laverde from Groundscape was by far the most professional and knowledgeable, coming prepared with the equipment necessary for taking measurements, notes, as well as providing suggestions and sample booklets for stone work. Despite changing our minds a few times regarding some details of the project we wanted done, Sal always returned our phone calls within 24 hours and returned several times to take additional measurements and provided us revised formal quotes for the work. He provided us with several recommended options that would be beneficial for our individual situation without trying to push additional jobs on us, and he was proactive at explaining possible problems that might arise for each options.

On the first day of the project, the Groundscape crew arrived on time as promised. Throughout the project, Sal and his team were very friendly, professional, and courteous. They had to work in extremely hot conditions and they took very few breaks, showing up on time every day ensuring we would get our project done on schedule. Sal provided us regular updates on the project progress and advised us if there were any problems. When some problems came up from a separate project Sal stepped in to offer to fix problems at no extra cost.

Sal also coordinated with the sprinkler company to ensure they knew which day to come and got everything ready for them ahead of time to avoid any delays in the project. Sal delivered on all his promises including thoroughly cleaning the property (including the street in front of property) once the project was done and leaving everything as they found it (if not cleaner) prior to start of project.

Thank you again Sal for your hard work and professionalism. You went above and beyond to ensure our satisfaction, and made this a pleasant experience for us - we will definitely be recommending you and Groundscape to anyone looking for a reliable landscaping company. Count on us to be in touch with you the next time we need a project done!

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review!

It was a absolute pleasure Sara working with you and Robert on your landscape project. You now have so much more usable space for your family to enjoy. The finish product looks fantastic and it goes really well with your home.

We can't wait to work with you on the front of your home when you are ready!

Keren Morales in Toronto
Keren Morales in Toronto

Backyard Landscape - Markham

I want to start off by saying that we (My husband & I) are the most difficult people to impress. Perhaps, to put things in better perspective, the most difficult to deal with, when it comes to spending our hard earned money. Our expectations are high, and throughout a major project we tend to get inherently nervous over things such as quality and craftsmanship.

A little history about ourselves, we spent over five years seeking not just for “A” contractor but the “BEST” contractor to deliver the backyard we always dreamt of, which was certainly not an easy task. We held off, simply because we would not settle. Then one day, along came Sal. I invited him into our home for a quote, just like I did with the 10-15 other contractors I interviewed in the past. From the minute he stepped into our backyard, he painted us a picturesque of what our backyard could look like. We immediately fell in love with his ideas. Sal is certainly gifted. His passion was contagious, so much that we wanted our backyard landscape completed that same week. Of course an impossible task, because we were mid winter. Without delay, or hesitation we signed the contract with him.

Were we disappointed? Did Sal and his team deliver on what they promised? Or was it just another contractor selling us on ideas that they could not deliver on? Well, we use to criticize people that wrote long reviews, but writing this review was well worth our time and effort.

If I could invite “you” the reader into my home, to be a witness of the spectacular work Sal and his team did, I would. There are just some things, that words do not do justice. Our backyard is the envy of the neighborhood. Almost every day, I receive compliments. The quality of the work was extraordinary, and I am confident that we received way more than what we paid for. Just like any project, we ran into technical issues, but Sal being the creative genius he is, always found a solution. What really struck me the most, was that Sal always answered our calls and texts, to address our concerns - It didn’t matter if it was late at night or a Sunday. Your concern, becomes his concern.

Sal’s team are very hard working, trustworthy, polite, and genuine. They put their heart in their work, it’s as if they are working on “their” home. You can tell they are hand selected, as Sal take’s pride in what he does. Sal’s dad, I would say was my favourite, he was sweet and personable, and also possessed strong convictions of top quality work.

There is so much to say about Sal and his team. One thing is for sure, I would never risk my reputation to render a good review without merit, even if the contractor offered a discount. Great work needs to be recognized, and set apart. As homeowners we shop for contractors that will add character and value to our home, and Groundscape Construction Inc. did just that.

Thank you Sal, for bringing to life, the backyard we always dreamed of.

Thank you so much for the incredible review you posted Keren. It was such a pleasure working with you and Rob on your backyard retreat. It is truly amazing how much more space you now gained in the backyard which now makes it such a beautiful entertaining space for you and family/friends to enjoy.

As you can tell we do love a challenge and your backyard was a big one but the results are unbelievable!

I hope you and your family truly enjoy your new backyard oasis!

Tony M. in Toronto
Tony M. in Toronto

Front House - Yard Landscaping

Groundscape was a pleasure to deal with. The project they did exceeded my expectations! These days you are lucky to find a company that does great work with no short-cuts. Thanks Guys!

Thank you so much for the fantastic review Tony. Your new front Landscape looks amazing and really compliments your beautiful home! It was a pleasure working with you on your project.

michael in Toronto
michael in Toronto

Backyard and Front-yard landscaping

Sal and his team transformed what used to be an unusable space into our dream backyard. They laid down fresh sod so perfectly that our grass now looks like a golf course. We couldn't be happier with all the work they did. Our garden now gets so many complements from all our friends and family that come and visit. Cant wait to have them come next year when they build our deck!

Thank you so much for the great review Mike.

We had a lot of fun working on your project. The transformation is amazing and now you have a fantastic backyard to enjoy the beautiful summer season.

The new garden design and plants now compliment your beautiful home and make it feel very lush and inviting.

Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to work with you on your landscape project!

Shelagh from St. Catharines
Shelagh from St. Catharines

Concrete patio removal, new deck and interlock patio

Groundscape Construction Inc. did a big job for us this past spring. Last year they came and removed our old deck very quickly. It was totally rotted so we had to wait until the spring to rebuild. First they came in and removed a large concrete patio. It took three painful days of removing this mess we had by hand. Access to our yard was almost impossible but Sal made it happen. The previous concrete job was a joke and every time we looked at it we cringed. The guys were very tired at the end of this but alas now the beautiful job was to come. Sal had a deck company called www.mysticksandstones.ca come in and the 4 fellows that put up the deck did a simply wonderful job. They each seemed to be specialists in a certain area and they really paid attention to the smallest details. The outcome was a deck to die for. After that came Sal's turn. We had been talking about this job since last fall and we knew we would be one of the first jobs this year. So much planning went into this. Sal keep coming up with design ideas and types of interlock we should use. He brought us catalogues, and samples to pour over, and that I did, most of the winter.
Everything seemed to run like clockwork. Sal is an amazing organizer. I watched from beginning to the end the way he handled his team. A great company is only as good as its leader and that is definetly what Sal is. (I guess he leared what hard work was from his Dad Charlie)
This type of work is very heavy and Sal's team were here on time everyday, worked hard all day and cleaned up what they could before leaving each day. They did not stop until the work was done. The team seemed to be enjoying the work for the most part, laughing and joking around while they worked. When they all left on the last day, I was sad they would not be back again but that is OK, as now we have a most amazing staircase and patio and one kickass deck up above. Many of the neighbours have stopped by and said they were very impressed. It is truly beautiful. Now I have to get busy and replant some of the plants that were moved in order to do the work. I love to do that so I did not have Sal do this part. I am sure we will be busy with that for the rest of this summer.
The back will now be know as party central.
Thank you Sal for all the hard work, all the planning, and friendship we have made. Such a pleasure.

Thank you so much for the wonderful detailed review Shelagh.

We had such a great experience working with you & Chris on your beautiful backyard retreat. Your project was a challenge but the results are absolutely stunning.

You now have so many different seating areas with unique elements throughout your backyard for you and your family to enjoy. I hope you truly enjoy your new backyard oasis!

Kulbir & Craig in Brampton
Kulbir & Craig in Brampton

Interlock & Pool Surround

After having a pool installed in October 2015 we immediately began our search for a contractor to complete an interlock patio and pool surround. Upon checking reviews we were captivated with the outstanding reviews for Groundscape Construction Inc. and contacted them to quote on our project. We were immediately impressed with the professionalism and knowledge of Sal in our first meeting. From the start to the completion of the project the entire crew were hard working and respectful to us and our property. They treated our project as they would their own property with outstanding attention to detail and truly pouring their hearts into the project to deliver an amazing backyard retreat. The communication with Sal and his team at Groundscape was excellent. We are so pleased with the end results and so thankful that we contracted with Groundscape for this project. We have no hesitation in recommending Sal and his team at Groundscape and would definitely contact them for any of our future projects.

Thank you so much for the incredible review Craig & Kulbir.
What a transformation!
I am so pleased that we were able to give you the backyard of your dreams and I know that your family will truly enjoy those hot summer months by the pool.
It was a absolute pleasure working with you and I hope we have the opportunity to work with you in the future!

Adrienne C.
Adrienne C.

Interlocking and Landscaping

I would highly recommend this company. Sal and his crew were extremely conscientious, hard-working, competent, trustworthy, and reliable. They did an exemplary job on our backyard. Sal went above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction. It is truly a pleasure to highly recommend this company. Straight A's!!

Thank you so much for the fantastic review Adrienne. It was such a pleasure working with you on your Landscape Project. Your new interlock stone patio/pool surround & seating wall looks amazing! & the landscape lighting gives the backyard elegance. We are very excited to do all the planting for you this season.

Patio, Driveway, Fence, Landscaping

Sal and his team took on this job, and did the work despite obstacles along the way. Communication was good, and the workmanship seems good. I look forward to using the new patio next summer. UPDATE- All plants in, looks great! Thanks Sal!

Thank you for the great review Neil. Although this project was a challenge, we truly enjoyed working at your home. The new interlock stone driveway, front walkway, backyard patio & backyard walkways looks incredible. The new fence gave your backyard that privacy needed. Once we install all of the plants this season you will be amazed at the finished product.

C Sone in North york
C Sone in North york

Stone driveway, walkways, steps and retaining wall

We did a lot of research before choosing this company. We watched them working on our street and were very impressed with what we saw and with the superlative recommendations of our neighbours. From designing our project, to helping us select the right stone, to meticulously doing the preparatory work, to the careful laying of each stone, Sal and his father, Charlie were there with us each step along the way. They are excellent craftsmen who truly take pride in their work. The quality of their work is outstanding and it was a real pleasure for us to work with such polite and respectful professionals. With total confidence we highly recommend Sal and his team.

Thank you so much for this amazing review!
It was such a pleasure working with you on your outstanding project.

Your home is a true show piece and we are honoured to have had the opportunity to help enhance your curb appeal.

Thank you for the kind words & compliments.

More about Groundscape Construction Inc.

GroundScape Construction Inc. is a Award winning Landscape Company offering a variety of services for all of your landscaping and construction needs. GroundScape Construction Inc. offers complete landscape services, with free estimates, and fully guaranteed work with over 15 years of experience.

Services Include: