Green Side Up Contracting

Formerly Green Side Up Property Maintenance, Landscape Design & Build
Landscape Contractors & Designers
BASEMENT & BATHROOM RENOVATIONS, CUSTOM CARPENTRY, DECKS & FENCING, INTERLOCKING & MUCH MORE!!! Greater Toronto Area ON
Basement Renovation
Green Side Up Contracting

Reviews for Green Side Up Contracting

Gabriel from East York
Gabriel from East York

New fence

I'll start by saying that Jay and Team were awesome, professional, and I would work with them again in a heartbeat (and recommend them to others)!

Jay visited our property multiple times to facilitate the quote process, and worked around our busy schedules.

He immediately set the tone as a knowledgeable, yet practical and reasonable contractor. It became very clear that he was an individual you could trust.

That trust factor was called upon and proven true during our job when the complications arose. Jay took care of us and rectified the issues immediately without any questions or hassle.

Kudos to Jay and Team for building our fence. While we don't want to put another one up for a long time, we look forward to working with their crew in the springtime for landscaping work.

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for being such an awesome client. You put your total trust in us and that is something we take very seriously! Also thank you very much for your feedback and for your business.

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Fence

I needed to put up my fence pretty quickly and Grant was able to fulfill my need. He had CJ build the fence for us. CJ's work is amazing. You can tell he's very experienced. My fence receives many compliments from my neighbours.

Hi B.T.

Thank you so much for your support for your business and most of all thank you for putting your trust in Green Side Up Contracting.

www.greensideupcontracting.com

Fence, Decks & Custom Carpentry, Landscape & Pool Construction, Basement / Bathroom Reno’s, Commercial Property Maintenance

Want to see some of our work...check out our YouTube page: https://bit.ly/2MFWyrr

T.Benny from Vaughan
T.Benny from Vaughan

Kosher kitchen. Basement laundry

All the stars aligned when i received an emailannouncement from Jay that his company was Taking on renovation projects. I had first
Used His company for a front yard landscaping project (A++) and it was perfect timing for me to hesr from him as i had Just began my search for a contractor to oufit my basement into living quarters for a relative. Jay’s crew (shout out CJ) is TOP NOTCH: timely, on budget. Knowledgeable, respectful, friendly and skilled. Perfect!!

Hi Ms Benny,

Thank you so very much for your support, for your continued business, and most of all THANK YOU so much for putting your trust in Green Side Up Contracting.

Some things never change...you were awesome to work for years ago, and you were awesome to work for now. I'm very greatful to have such amazing clients like yourself who trust us, let us do our thing, take our advice, and then share their appreciation via such a positive review on HomeStars.

Once again....thank you!!!!

www.greensideupcontracting.com

Fence, Decks, Basement / Bathroom / Kitchen Reno’s, Landscape & Pool Construction

tariq
tariq
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

New front porch

After a significant backyard makeover in 2017, I hired Green Side Up again this time to build a new front porch.

Reliable. Trustworthy. Skilled workers. Easy to work with. Great value!

Mr T!

Thank you so much for welcoming us back to your home. Thank you for your support, for your business, and most of all THANK YOU, for putting your continued trust into Green Side Up Contracting.

You are both great people and awesome to work for! You and I have spent some much time over the last two years that I'm very happy to call you my friend! Thank you for that!!

I look forward to building the next project on your "hunny-do" list for you in 2019.

All the best Mr T!

pmcdowell in Unionville, Ontario
pmcdowell in Unionville, Ontario

Replace yard fence

Green Side Up recently did a great job of tearing down our old fence and replacing it with a new one. Their pricing was fair and the guys who did the work were professional, did a great job on the construction of the new fence and cleaned up any debris after the work was done. We were pleased with their work and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them!

Hi Pat,

Thank you so much for your feedback, for your business and most of all for putting your trust in Green Side Up Contracting.

We are all very grateful to have Daniel and Cory on our team and I'm glad you are happy with their work!

Please keep us in mind if you require and work done on the inside of your property this winter. From basements to bathrooms and kitchens, we can help :)

Brad Howlett in Scarborough
Brad Howlett in Scarborough

Major Backyard Renovation

We engaged with Green Side Up for a major back yard renovation. I had previously worked with Jay on a smaller balcony project and loved the engagement. That positive experience plus the number of positive reviews on this site, along with some of the other projects we saw they had completed gave us the confidence to choose Green Side Up.

Our back yard renovation was no small task. Here's a list of what we had done with Green Side Up:
- Removal of existing wood retaining wall and replaced with armour stone
- Removal of existing interlock and replacement with new beautiful interlock (excavation and re-grading of the entire back yard)
- New fence and gates
- New custom deck around our hot tub
- New grill gazebo over top of our BBQ

The carpentry work by CJ was amazing - his attention to detail is unmatched

The overall experience was great - any final tweaks and adjustments were completed promptly. I would recommend Green Side Up on anyones back yard renovation

Thought I would include a link to a video that was done to show the finished product:

Hi Brad,

Thank you very much for your support, for your business and most of all for putting your trust in Green Side Up Contracting ~ something i take very seriously!

Also, thank you for your patience with us, and for the hospitality you and Tina provided.

I'm very grateful to CJ on our team, and was very happy to have CJ working on your project. Not only is he a top quality carpenter, he's a very loyal partner and believes in doing the right thing - ALL the time.

If you need anything done on the inside of your home please keep us in mind. (Basement, bathrooms, kitchen, or even turn the garage into a man-cave!)

Thanks again Brad!

Private User reviews Aurora, ON

Deck Replacement

We had a fantastic experience and highly recommend this company. The job was done on time and budget and is simply gorgeous. They were very attentive to detail and made sure we were satisfied with the job. And, cleaned up the site when done. Thanks for a great job.

On behalf on the entire team, thank you very much for your support, your business and most of all, thank you very much for putting your trust into Green Side Up Contracting.

Please keep us in mind if we can be of further assistance.

Mari and Milla in North York
Mari and Milla in North York

Fence

AVOID!!! This is unprofessional company! We were dealing with both Grant and Jay, they sounded like they know what they are doing but in reality they will bring unprofessional group off people to work in your property and will not only manage their work, but also won't come to avaluate it after.
My husband end up taking days off from work to manage them.
In the end of the project they end up fixing what they did, which delayed the project.

Hi Mari and Milla,

We replaced the four fence boards your husband didn't like. We picked up the gravel that got turned into the ground through the four consecutive days of rain we had....all before we even requested the final walk through. We also accommodated you with 5% discount which you quickly accepted.

I'm also very surprised that your husband didn't mention ONE word of your unhappiness when I met with him to pick up the final payment and conversed with him for just under five min. In fact it was the opposite when we were talking, he wanted to know if "it was too late for us to do your landscaping project this year?" which I said it was.

At the end of the day, although your husband's two concerns were quickly addressed, it's very disappointing that you feel this way.

But a zero out of ten and "AVOID"...really?? That's bizarre....

Please keep in mind you have a four year warranty on the fence posts and framework and if you ever have any issues please let me know.

Take care,

Will in Aurora
Will in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

Very impressed. Quality work by real professionals.

First let me start off by saying this isn't my first rodeo...I've been buying and flipping houses for over a decade in the GTA. I have met my share of contractors good and bad and I can happily say I found a good one in Jay and Green Side Up Contracting. Jay and his team were prompt, polite and professional. They completed a very large stone driveway as well as an overhaul of my existing gardens. The work was completed flawlessly.

Hi Will,

Thank you very much for your support, for your business, and most of all, thank you for putting your trust in Green Side Up Contracting.

Please keep us in mind for any carpentry work, landscape construction and or basement / bathroom renovations.

rucameron in Toronto
rucameron in Toronto
1 review , ON

Continued service, well beyond expectations.

My wife and I had Jay and team completely re-do our backyard. Fences, Deck, and Stonework. The team was in and out quickly, on time and on budget. I can't express how much joy this has brought our family.

The really impressive part though, was the follow up. One season later, Jay called me up to see how I was liking the new backyard. I mentioned to him that I saw some discoloration in the stone. Jay immediately had a video of the stone sent to Permacon (the manufacture). The Permacon rep. came by and let us know that all the stone had a default and had to be completely replaced. Jay's team was tied up in other jobs, so Permacon had another highly reputable company come and replace all stone at no cost! The job was well done and on time. This is a testament to not only Jay for flagging it and getting an immediate response from Permacon, but also Permacon for providing an exceptional product that really stands by their promise to customers. Fantastic work and outstanding follow up. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Hi Cam,

Wow, what a review! Thank you so much for your kind words, for your support and for the multiple people you've referred us too.

We may not be perfect, but doing the right thing on each and every project is what we do, and when it's not right we will make it right.

Always a pleasure Mr Cam!

More about Green Side Up Contracting

Green Side Up Contracting Inc. is a professional member of Landscape Ontario and we have established ourself within the Landscape Construction industry as an honest and reputable contractor. We have earned this reputation by shaping the company around four core values: honesty, transparency, quality of workmanship, standing behind our work! As the President of Green Side Up Contracting and a board member of the Toronto Chapter of Landscape Ontario, adding value and protecting our client’s investments is the ulmost of importance.

We have installed over 190,000 feet of fencing and are now offering a FIVE YEAR WARRANTY (post and faming) to all our 2019 fencing clients. Please feel free to check out our self serve fencing calculator at https://greensideupcontracting.com/fence-building/ for almost instant pricing!! We also offer financing for all of our services.

Our team of highly skilled trades personel are able to assit you with any basement, bathroom or kitchen renovation, custom carpentry, fence or decking project.

We appreciate our existing loyal customers for their business and support and we always welcome new relationships.