Green Side Up Contracting

formerly Green Side Up Property Maintenance, Landscape Design & Build
Landscape Contractors & Designers
INTERLOCKING, CONCRETE, RETAINING STRUCTURES, PLANTINGS, DECKS, FENCES, & MUCH MORE!! Greater Toronto Area ON
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Green Side Up Contracting

Norman

Overall Jay and his team provided excellent service and delivered quality workmanship. My family and I are really satisfied with our entirely new built backyard deck.

Green Side Up Contracting was our top choice among a short list of highly reputable firms:
- Jay and his team were responsive and transparent and kept us up to date throughout the project.
- They took to time to educate us and provide design ideas on our project. We previously had no deck.
- The builders were meticulous and kept the job site clean.
- Jay QAs the entire project and rebuilds anything that is not up to company standards.

I would highly recommend Green Side Up Contracting and will definitely hire them to rebuild my aging front porch.

Hi Mr. Norman,

Thank you so much for your business, your patience while we worked through a wet spring, for your kind words, for your continued business and most of all, for putting your trust into Green Side Up Contracting.

We look forward to continuing to work with you on your front porch!

Thanks again to you and your brothers for being such great people to work for.

Talk soon,

Jonathan from East York

We hired Green Side Up to complete the wooden fencing in our backyard. Jay came over to discuss the project scope and other projects on our wishlist; he's a great sounding board and very easy to work with. Thanks to all the rainy weather it took longer than expected to get the work done, but Tarah in Customer Care checked in with us regularly to update us on their schedule. When our turn came Zach completed the job quickly and efficiently - just a couple of days - and fully cleaned up after himself. Jay followed up a few days later, and quickly resolved a small issue we had due to warping wood. Overall the workmanship was excellent, and we're very satisfied with Green Side Up!

Hi Jonathan,

We are committed to keeping our clients up to date at all times through effective communication. We are also committed to providing top quality workmanship and immediately correcting any and all concerns that arise during and after each and every project that we complete.

Thank you so much for putting your trust in Green Side Up!

On behalf of Jay and the entire team, we greatly appreciate your support.

Tarah Mosleh
Customer Care
905-503-7123
[email protected]

nvera in Toronto

Zach did all of our work and his work ethic was excellent. He was quick and he always left the work site tidy at the end of each day. His suggestions and input throughout the entire project were amazing. He is a hard worker and he was a pleasure to work with. Request that Zach do all the work you need and you will not be disappointed!

Hi Natalie,

We are very fortunate to have a entire team of talented tradesmen / woman who have great work ethic, who keep the site clean and tidy, who are creative, approachable and just all around good people.

Thank you so very much for your kind words, your business and for putting your trust in Green Side Up Contracting.

Please keep us in mind if we can be of further assistance to you.

Diane in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Jay and his team were amazing. They were helpful in providing suggestions, responsive to any questions that came up, and quick to get the job done. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a high quality contractor.

Hi Diane

You were a pleasure to deal with. You took my advise and engaged with our architect who was a big help with the design and allowed us to accurately look at the entire scope of the project.

We look forward to continuing to work with you to complete this project for you in the spring. Maybe you'll be able to talk your husband into having us install the pool for you ;-)

Thank you so very much for your kind words, your support and most of all that you for putting your trust in Green Side Up Contracting.

Clement from Toronto
3 reviews Aurora, ON

Green Side Up came as promised and fully replaced my fence just as quoted. There were no issues and they completed the job within 3 days, even with a bit of rain.

Zach was the foreman and was very considerate with my lawn during the process and did everything without me asking.

Hi Clement,

On behalf of the entire team, thank you very much for putting your trust in Green Side Up Contracting. We greatly appriciate your business and your support.

Please keep us in mind if we can help you with any other project in the future.

Henry from Vaughan
5 reviews Georgina, ON

The numerous positive reviews have convinced me to hire this contractor last year to build the driveway borders, interlock walkway, patio and install the armour stone culvert support, overall a fairly large project.
In a couple of days, seeing how the work proceeds, I started developing an uncertain feeling about the quality of work. We’ve noticed that this team of students were cutting the corners in many occasions but unfortunately it was too late to retreat. As an example, when the interlock edging was missed at the patio and I was told that the dirt would hold the stone I have finally realized that it had been a gross mistake hiring this contractor. Plus, at some locations, they left the unfilled gaps between pavers, so I had to fill them himself.
As anticipated, the first winter has brought unpleasant results. Because of the improperly built base water has lifted and displaced the half of the walkway pavers. The armour stone, which was installed to support the culvert, started moving aside affecting the newly paved asphalt and the whole structure looked rather ugly (although it wasn’t pretty in the first place). As to the written warranty, we didn’t have a chance to experience it but, with their attitude and lack of skills and resourcefulness, I wouldn’t trust this contractor to fix things anyway.
However one thing, which this contractor is doing effectively, is selling.
One full star is given in this review, as the patio and borders still hold.
To compare, four years ago, we completed the similar project at the previous house and the quality of work was exemplary while the price was lower.

Job Price

When I did the site visit in the spring Henry I recommended installing a weeping tile which would take the trapped water away from the walkway and house.

I explained that a small section of your walkway that heaved was caused by water pooling in between the walkway, the house and the raised garden that you built. Subsequently the trapped water freezing and thawing has heaved the area.

Unless the weeper is installed you will have this problem every year. If we were notified of this excessive water when we built your walkway, we would have installed a weeper.

There is nothing wrong with the base. If there was the entire walkway would have shifted - not four pavers. It was a simple fix and not a costly one but you declined.

SarahM in Kleinburg
1 review Kleinburg, ON

Green Side Up was a pleasure to work with. They provided us with a very well priced quote within 24 hours of contacting them. They were very flexible and adapted to any changes we made along the way.
The crew was very kind, professional and respectful. They showed up on time every day and worked very hard every day to ensure the project was done within an appropriate time while still providing excellent quality.
We highly recommend them and are already using them for another project at another property.

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for your business, for your support and for putting your trust in Green Side Up Contracting. Also thank you very much for your patience during the wet spring we had.

You were a pleasure to work for and I look forward to the next project we're going to complete for you.

Talk soon!

Susan in Toronto

I found the Homestars' recommendations helpful in choosing a company to rebuild our fence. I was particularly concerned about the proximity of the fence to an established hydrangea, serviceberry tree, climbing rose bush and a clematis that was covering the old fence. Jay from Green Side Up was attentive to my concerns as were the skilled men who built the fence. My husband and I are very happy with the new fence and gates, as are our neighbours who share part of the fence. Many thanks to Green Side Up for a professional job done with special care.

Hi Susan,

Whether working on an interior or exterior renovation, a new basement, a new fence or deck, a full blown make-over or all of the above, respecting ones property and wishes is something myself and my entire team will ALWAYS prioritize.

You and Gord were a pleasure to work for and on behalf of the entire team, I thank you very much for putting your trust into Green Side Up Contracting, for your business and for your support on HomeStars.

I'm very happy to hear that you found HomeStars a reliable resource in choosing the right contractor to complete your job!

Please keep well!

Commercial Property

SACHI MORRIS from Toronto

We found Green Side Up on HomeStars. These guys were a dream team. They showed up when they said they would, were always on time and hardworking, and were meticulous. I cannot say enough about the entire crew.
Our backyard started out in very rough shape - we called it the dirt-pit. But it is now absolutely stunning! Jay and Matt helped us achieve this on a limited budget by making alternative suggestions that ended up working out even better for us. The before and after photos speak for themselves. I highly recommend Green Side Up Contracting and would hire them again in a minute!

Hi Sachi,

From the moment I met with you and Cam at the "dirt-pit", I knew this was going to be a fun project. You and Cam were both a pleasure to work with!

Thank you for your hospitality with the guys, your patience with us as we worked through one of the wettest springs we received in many years, for your kind words and support, for your business, and most of all, thank you for putting your trust in Green Side Up Contracting.

Becca in Westbrook
5 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

After 20 plus years our builder’s deck was looking a little rickety. I started my search for a company to replace it by asking for recommendations and looking on Homestars. We met with two other contractors who were okay but Jay stood out because I found him easiest to communicate with. We discussed my ideas and he helped me visualize how we could make the best use of the space. I appreciated the thoughtful way that he made suggestions for changes rather than dismissing my ideas. The project grew from just a new deck and patio to a complete transformation of our back yard including stone bordered garden beds and planting. The work started at the beginning of May of 2017. The team had just removed the deck and fence when the skies opened and it rained and rained for days. After it dried up enough to put the cement footings in and complete a few other tasks it rained some more. The project was set back a few weeks because of the weather. When possible Matt and the crew worked through drizzle, wind, chilly and even a few hot days always showing a good attitude and applying their skills to produce quality workmanship. It was worth the wait and we are pleased with the results.

Hi Rebecca and Ed,

Thank you so much for your business, support and most of all for putting your trust in Green Side Up!!

After meeting you last fall, then reconnecting with you and Ed in the spring, to having your project sketched out by Margarita, to the wet weather and the guys enjoying your delicious muffins I have to say it was an absolute pleasure dealing with you.

I truly hope you get to enjoy your back yard with friends and family for years to come!!!!

Thank you again and please do keep us in mind when it comes to completing your basement in the winter.

O) ‪905-503-7123‬
C) ‪905-392-7123‬

Residential & Commercial Property
Maintenance, Home Renovations

More about Green Side Up Contracting

Green Side Up Contracting is a member of Landscape Ontario and we have established our self within the Condominium Property Maintenance and Landscape Construction industries as an honest and reputable contractor.

Jay Saveall has earned this reputation by shaping the company around his values – honesty, integrity and quality of workmanship. As the president of Green Side Up Contracting and a board member of the Toronto Chapter of Landscape Ontario, Jay believes in adding value and protecting our client’s investments.

We appreciate our existing loyal customers for their business and support and we always welcome new relationships.