Green Side Up Contracting

Formerly Green Side Up Property Maintenance, Landscape Design & Build
Landscape Contractors & Designers
POOLS, INTERLOCKING, CONCRETE, RETAINING STRUCTURES, PLANTINGS, DECKS, FENCES, & MUCH MORE!! Greater Toronto Area ON

Reviews for Green Side Up Contracting

Jason from North York
Jason from North York

Fence install: Exceptional service from start to finish. I couldn't be happier

A wind storm ripped through the neighbourhood, leaving us without a fence. Despite our efforts, every place I called was too busy. Green Side Up Contracting Inc. willingly fit us in, and, true to their word, started on time (earlier in fact), and completed the job in a very reasonable amount of time.

We have a well established garden, and they went well out of their way to ensure plants were not damaged during the work. Plants were carefully dug out, moved, and...put back exactly where they were before! Impressive care and attention to detail.

Some plants were damaged (out of anyone's control) in the process, however they were quick to instill trust and responsibility of replacing them. Some were replaced with bigger and better plants of the same variety, ensuring that there was uniformity with the existing plants in the backyard. I knew I was in good hands, and I had no stress whatsoever while I watched them put up a beautiful new fence.

They cleaned up everything, washed everything, added mulch, raked the lawn, even moved a couple of existing damaged plants for me when I mentioned I was thinking about trying to save them. Again, going well above and beyond to ensure I'm pleased with the work.

I cannot express how thankful, relieved and impressed I am with the work that was done by Aren, Austin and daily personal follow ups by Grant. These guys ensured I was happy at ALL times. They expressed on numerous occasions "as long as you're happy, we're happy - that's our goal".

Without any hesitation, I would recommend Green Side Up Contracting Inc. Their commitment to your happiness is second to none. I've got them on my speed dial... I'll be calling them for more projects at my house in the near future, and for years to come!

Thank you!

Jason MacNevin
Don Mills, ON

lorit581 in Newmarket Ontario
lorit581 in Newmarket Ontario
3 reviews Aurora, ON

Woodworking Wonder!

I can’t say enough about CJ the woodworking wonder who works for Green Side Up. Last year he built the outer shell of our cabana and this year once we were ready he came back and finished the inside. It looks amazing! From the inside you feel like you are in a log cabin! He even custom designed the bar ledge for us and tiled it with a Santa Fe/Mexican theme. I can’t say enough about his creativity and the finished product. Thank you Jay from Greenside Up! We love our cabana!

Hi Lori,

Thank you very much for your kind words. Green Side Up Contracting is grateful to have CJ the "woodworking wonder" on our team of skilled carpenters as well as we are very grateful to have awesome clients like yourself!

Enjoy your beautiful back yard oasis we built you and we will see you mid September.

Be well,

Sutha from Mississauga
Sutha from Mississauga

Fence replacement completed in short notice

Our backyard fence needed to be replaced in a hurry as the landscaping work was scheduled to begin in the middle of July. We had about 2 months to find a quality contractor to complete the fence. Unfortunately due to the windstorm we had in the spring fence installers are extremely busy and no one was willing to do it earlier than August. My neighbor found someone on Homestar and the work was scheduled to start in the middle of June. The contractor called a day before saying he could not start the work and rescheduled the start date to June 25th. Once again the same contractor failed on his promise and wasn’t even available to give us a revised date. At this point we gave up on him and I was struggling to find someone reputable to do the job in 3 weeks or less. I was doing my research and made several phone calls. No one was available to do the job ASAP. I found Jay via Homestar and explained the situation. Jay was extremely busy as well however sympathetic to our situation and did his best to accommodate my urgent request. Grant visited our site on June 26th to measure and provided an estimate. Jay immediately called me back and promised to have our fence work completed before landscaping work. He sent Zach to do our job right after Canada day holiday. The job was completed in 3 days and the fence looks really nice, well done Zach.

I was extremely happy with the professionalism and customer care Jay demonstrated throughout the process. I am very thankful and appreciative the way Jay handled the situation from beginning to end and most importantly his commitment to get the job done before landscaping work. Without his help my summer project would have been a mess. Jay is so easy to work with and his communication skills are superior. I would highly recommend Jay and his crew.

Hi Sutha,

Wow! Thank you for such a great review! Thank you for your business and most importantly, thank you for putting your trust in Green Side Up Contracting.

It was a pleasure working with you and we would be more than happy to work with you in the future.

Enjoy the summer and be well!

Azeem in Aurora
Azeem in Aurora

Backyard fence

Jay and his crew are simply amazing. Their friendly service combined with great quality work left my family very happy. There were a couple of minor tweaks we requested, which the team was happy to oblige. They were very careful to not damage much of the garden area, and even added mulch afterwards to make the backyard look even better. I would highly recommend them, as we have gotten many positive comments from neighbours saying how good the fence looks. It actually made the whole neighbourhood look better :)

Thanks again Jay and team!

-Azeem

Hi Azeem,

Thank you to you and your beautiful family for your business. Thank you to you for putting your trust into Green Side Up Contracting.

I'm very happy to hear that you've been receiving lots of compliments on the fence too :)

We will see around the 7th of August to complete phase two of your project!

Keith from Markham in Corner Brook
Keith from Markham in Corner Brook

Back yard rennovation

Jay and his team did an awesome job renovating my back yard.

They replaced a fence that was ready to fall over (and the replacement easily handled the wind storm that came through the area shortly after). As well, they replaced & extended the old patio (while saving my maple), built a privacy screen for a seating area & a pergola for the barbecue. Lastly, they tore down the old eyesore of a shed, put in a small retaining wall along the fence and added some nice, natural stone steps at my back door.

Jay was always popping by, making sure that everything was done as I had envisioned, and his team (Zach, Pat, etc.) were a pleasure to work with. If it were an option, I would have given a 9.5/10.

Hi Keith,

Thank you very much for your support, for your business, for your patience with us while working through a wonky spring, and most of all thank you very much for your putting your trust into Green Side Up.

Not only were you a great client, I also liked your design details, especially when it came to your bbq enclosure / privacy screen. We will be building something similar to this soon and I'll be sure to send you a few photos.

Here's a short video of the project: https://youtu.be/Y5EsWihrZBE

I hope you're enjoying your new space and when you're ready, we'd love to come back for a makeover of your front entrance!

Enjoy your summer Mr. Keith :)

www.greensideupconteacting.com

Philip  from Aurora
Philip from Aurora
2 reviews Aurora, ON

Custom Trellis (s)

We can't say enough about the amazing job Jay and his team did building our two custom Trellis'. The workmanship was great and they went out of their way to ensure they met our timelines to so the overall project (trellis + landscaping) was finished as expected. The Trellis beautifully frame the corner of our lot and will look amazing as the flowering vines take hold in the coming year!

Hi Phil,

On behalf of CJ, Grant and the entire team, I thank you for your support, for being a "boomerang" client, and most of all thank you for continuously putting your trust into Green Side Up Contracting.

This was a fun project and it was very gratifying to see how happy your wife was with the end results.

Here is a short video of the project: https://youtu.be/Pnam59cj2yI

Enjoy your summer and please keep in touch!

Maurice in Kleinburg
Maurice in Kleinburg

Ours is a newly constructed corner house in Kleinburg. We knew what we wanted – a front focused on curb appeal and a back with a beautiful atmosphere to enjoy my family and friends. The scope of the project included redoing the porch with flagstone, interlocking patio and pathways, plenty of trees and flower beds. We searched for contractors on Home Stars and shortlisted three. Jay of Green Side Up was the last contractor we met and he turned out to be exactly what we were looking for. The moment he introduced himself we straightaway knew we were in good hands. He was competitive in price and he presented a plan and schedule that met with our instant approval. In fact, his price was lower than the others and he offered much more landscaping. His crew headed by Pat is great to work with. They are professional yet friendly, polite and accommodating especially when you keep on fine tuning certain aspects. But the man who really makes things happen is Jay. He is professional, knowledgeable and readily available on text and calls. Above all, he’s a fine gentleman and I would recommend his services to anyone looking for quality at an affordable price. Our front yard is the envy of our neighbors ( wasn’t that the idea?) who keep asking for his contact.

Mr. Maurice!

I remember the cold snowy first day that I met you, and I specifically recall knowing that you'd be great to work with. You quickly put your trust in me by engaging with our Architect, Ms Margarita to design your beautiful space.

From design to build, here is the end results: https://youtu.be/1Yhq6xHdqiU which we are all very happy with!

Thank you for giving us this opportunity Maurice. Thank you for putting your trust in Green Side Up Contracting.

I really appreciate your support and I'm very happy to know that you and your family will enjoy your new oasis.

In closing and on behalf of Grant, Pat and the entire team, thank you very much your business.

Kris in Toronto
Kris in Toronto

Fence and pergola

Highly recommend Green Side Up. All aspects of the process were professional and the work (replacing a pergola and fence that were falling down) high quality. Zach, the sole crew member, was creative, flexible, highly skilled and efficient (not to mention friendly). The work site was tidied up at the end of each day and the project completed on time and on budget.

Hi Kris,

On behalf of Zach, myself and the entire team, thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to help contribute to your very beautiful back yard! What a great space you have!!

Also thank you so much for your support, for your business, and for putting your trust into Green Side Up Contracting.

Enjoy your summer and please keep us in mind if you require any further assistance.

Riddle Family in Etobicoke
Riddle Family in Etobicoke

Fence Installation

We would highly recommend without reservation Green
Side Up. The crew was professional, courteous and hard-working. They started early and stayed late to complete the job in one day. They tidied up our yard, patio and driveway before leaving, including the mud due to a rain shower. They were very knowledgeable when answering our questions and quickly addressed any of our concerns. The fence is both solid and attractive.

Hi Ron,

Thank you so much for your support, for your business, and for putting your trust in Green Side Up Contracting. Not only for your project, but for also for referring us to your brother in law.

Referrals are a big part of our business and we greatly appreciate you spreading the good news.

Fence installation

Working with Green Side Up was smooth from start to finish. Jay quoted my project quickly and explained the options in detail. Grant was then in touch to schedule the work and Daniel’s crew was absolutely amazing. They arrived on time and worked late to get the job done quickly. They cleaned up really well and put everything back in place in my backyard when the work was done. My neighbour and I strongly recommend Green Side Up.

Hello and greetings from Green Side Up Contracting,

On behalf of the entire team I thank you so very much for your support, for your business and most importantly, thank you VERY much for putting your trust into Green Side Up Contracting.

Please keep us in mind if we can be of further assistance.

More about Green Side Up Contracting

Green Side Up Contracting Inc. is a professional member of Landscape Ontario and we have established ourself within the Landscape Construction industry as an honest and reputable contractor. We have earned this reputation by shaping the company around four core values: honesty, transparency, quality of workmanship, standing behind our work! As the President of Green Side Up Contracting and a board member of the Toronto Chapter of Landscape Ontario, adding value and protecting our client’s investments is the ulmost of importance.

We have installed over 190,000 feet of fencing and are now offering a FOUR YEAR WARRANTY (post and faming) to all our 2018 fencing clients. Please feel free to check out our self serve fencing calculator at https://greensideupcontracting.com/fence-building/ for almost instant pricing!! We also offer financing for all of our services.

Our team of highly skilled trades personel are able to assit you with the installation of fencing, fiberglass pools and all other landscape construction.

We appreciate our existing loyal customers for their business and support and we always welcome new relationships.