Zen Construction

Reviews for Zen Construction

Steve P. in Caledonia
Steve P. in Caledonia

HUGE WEEPING TILE JOB

I definitely picked the right company when I picked Josh and Zen Construction to do my Large weeping tile job. There were a few glitches along the way as in any job but Josh and his crew rectified the issues quickly. Looking forward to having them back in the spring to do our landscaping. Thank you Josh and your boys AWESOME JOB.

Hey Steve,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. Referrals and word of mouth are the best advertising money can't buy! Yes, jobs tend to have a hiccup here and there, but it's how we deal with them that makes us who we are. Looking forward to completing the landscaping in the Spring. Until then, have a wonderful winter season - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and the best to you and yours for New Years 2018!
Best Regards,
Zen Construction Team

Julia in Hamilton
Julia in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Driveway, landscaping, interlock

Zen did our backyard patio last year and we were so happy with their work that we had them back to do our front yard this year. They continued the interlock from our back patio, up the side of our house and in front. They also did our driveway and put in a garden. They worked hard each day they were here and cleaned up at the end of each day. They were very professional and finished the job in a timely manner. Since the job has been complete, we have had numerous people stop us or ring our door bell asking who did the work. Several of our neighbours have contacted them for a quote as well. We are thrilled with their work and can't believe how great our yard looks. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for quality work.

Hello again Julia! Thank you very much for taking your valued time to post a review for us. The results are fabulous and we love the picture! We greatly appreciate you passing our name to your neighbours and look forward to working in your area in the future. Hope you enjoy the last bit of Summer and have a wonderful rest of 2017!
Sincerely, Zen Team

Lise Folco from Caledonia
Lise Folco from Caledonia
3 reviews Caledonia, ON

Turf and sod in back yard

Once again Josh and his crew made me very happy with the turf and sod job they did in my back yard. With two large dogs running vigorously my yard was not in very good shape. I asked Josh for suggestions and he recommended artificial turf. His courteous crew were a delight to have around. Always friendly and willing to listen and help with everything. I live on a corner lot and have a lot of people walking by. There have been so many comments on how nice it looks. The crew put in extra tacking after seeing how active the dogs were. Loved working with Zen Construction and will definitely be using them again in the future.

Wow Lise, thank you very much for taking the time to post such a delightful review. We are absolutely thrilled that working with Zen has been a great experience! It was a pleasure working with a fantastic client such as yourself. Look forward to hearing from you for your next project!

Many thanks,

Crystal in Caledonia
Crystal in Caledonia

Property fence, 2 privacy screens, 2 deck extensions

Exceptional is how I would describe my experience with Zen. From start to end. The owner Josh was able to clearly understand the exact look I was going for with the horizontal clean line property fence, and also gave experienced insight into other issues I was not aware of regarding the deck extensions. I can't begin the thank the crew that worked on all of the jobs, they were professional, social and extremely hardworking. Their workmanship and work ethic clearly shows in the overall look of my amazing backyard. I could not be happier. Although Zen was a bit more money compared to the 2 other quotes I had received, I could tell by the first and second meeting that the service would be outstanding....and it truly was. I do believe that when I research a service or product, that the person leaving a review is being completely honest and I can use the reviews in order to base my final decision, I do hope that anyone looking to have Zen complete any job for them takes my insanely happy and positive review into consideration. You will be very happy in the end!

Wow Crystal, we love your insanely happy and positive review! I will make sure to pass along the kindhearted words to our crew. Always feels good when the customers notice how hard working and dedicated the crews are. We strive to build a team that works well and pushes each other towards greatness - and I think have done quite good so far! And yes, with our custom designs and top quality craftsmanship, we can be a little more costly than the competitors, but as you said, it is worth it. Looking forward to hearing from you again sometime. Hope you have a wonderful summer!
Many thanks,

Brenda D in Caledonia
Brenda D in Caledonia
1 review Hamilton, ON

Outdoor Living Space

Last summer Zen Construction renovated our backyard. We worked together with Josh to create this beautiful outdoor living space. The crew was very hard working and treated the job as of it were at their own home. We were so happy with the end result, we have booked them to do our driveway this fall. Once again Josh came up with a great idea...thank you Zen Construction.

Hi Brenda,
Thank you for the review! We greatly appreciate you taking your time to let us know your experience with us! So glad to hear that you are happy with the results! Hope you can enjoy your outdoor zen space for many years. See you this fall
Cheers,

Flow in Caledonia
Flow in Caledonia

front stairs and driveway

Josh and Alexandra came up with a design that suited us.
Soon Sylvester the artist was hard at work.Others like Liam,Nolan
and Connor put the icing on the cake.My Husband I are very
happy with ths job,also the courteous and efficient service.
Thankyou Zen Team

You are very welcome Flow. It is extremely satisfying and reassuring when we receive this kind of feedback. Josh has poured many years of hard work into building this business and our team, and not to brag, but your comment makes us believe it's worth it!
Enjoy the remainder of this short Canadian summer!

Chrissie in Caledonia
Chrissie in Caledonia

Levelling interlocking brick

Our interlocking brick in front of the garage and our walk way to the front door had sunk over the years. My husband and I are hands on people but this was not a task we wanted to take on. Our neighbours had their driveway and walkways levelled by Zen Construction and I was impressed by the workmanship and called immediately to get a quote. Josh came by and gave us a quote and at that time Josh mentioned that the job would likely not be done until September but possibly sooner which was fine with us. I got a call from Josh to tell me that they could fit me in this week - (July 26/17) which made me quite happy.
The workers showed up at the time that I was told and Sylvester came to our door to introduce himself and we went over what was to be done, which was exactly what Josh had quoted me and they got to work. The job was done in a very timely manner and we are EXTREMELY happy with the outcome. It looks amazing, looks like new!.
I must mention that it was evident that Sylvester took great pride in his work. I would highly recommend Zen Construction for whatever project you may be considering.

Wow, thank you so much Chrissie for this review. One of the toughest aspects in our office is scheduling and keeping within timelines. With unpredictable weather and additions or changes to quoted jobs, this tasks takes much knowledge and experience - both of which Josh has plenty of! We are very pleased that we were able to come in before expected and finish within budgeted time. And yes, Sly is one of the BEST stone masons we have ever met. He does take great pride in his work and craftsmanship, leaving no stone 'un-turned'. Looking forward to hearing from you for any future projects. But for now, we hope you enjoy your front interlock for many many years to come. Have a wonderful summer!

1 review Hamilton, ON

Backyard Landscaping

We had a new stone path, gardens and sod laid in addition to a new fence & 2 gates. Josh & the crews were AWESOME - timely, professional and polite.

Thank you for the review. Awesome is what we strive for! Hope you enjoy your updated landscaping for many many years! Please call us for any future projects, it was a pleasure working with you.
Cheers,

Thomas in St. John's
Thomas in St. John's

Replace front steps

We asked Josh to come up with a plan to replace our front steps which were unsafe. He had his staff design a new entrance that included a landing and railing. We are very pleased with the result.
The crew were very easy to talk to, hard working and took pride in their work. They had to work through some difficult weather.
We would not hesitate to call on Zen for any future projects. An excellent company to work with.
Well done!
Tom Brophy

Hi Tom,
This review will be read at our Monday morning safety talk, the crew will be very pleased by your gracious words. Nothing inspires like the compliments from a job well. Yes please, call us anytime for future projects! Hope you have a great 2017.

Rock retaining wall

the crew was amazing! They were so helpful and quick! ( even with all of the rain). We would highly recommend them!! They went above and beyond what we expected!

We will make sure to pass along the praise to our crew; nothing more rewarding than to hear how amazing your work and work ethic is. Thank you for the review, have a wonderful summer!

Best Regards,

More about Zen Construction

Zen Construction is a specialty landscape company. We specialize in providing unique landscape projects that combine stone, wood, water and light. Our jobs stand out from our competition because of our custom unique designs and attention to detail. Give us a call today to meet our team and start building "Your Zen Space"