Zen Construction

Dave in Binbrook
Dave in Binbrook
7 reviews Hamilton, ON

Patio and Cabana

All of the Zen employees were hard working and courteous. They arrived early each morning and worked long days. All areas were cleaned up before leaving.
The 1st stage involved installation of piers or footings for the planned structure. Over a few days, the carpenters then constructed a beautiful Cabana from rough cut Douglas fir. Just as soon as they had finished, the patio crew arrived and started excavation. Days later, we had a beautiful patio to complete a perfect setting. The garden was then installed.
We would certainly recommend Zen Construction.
Josh has a great team of skilled employees. We would like to thank them for all their hard work. The pictures show the result.

Hey Dave,
Thank you for the review and those kinds words! We greatly appreciate you taking your time to let us know your experience with us! I will pass along your review to the crews and let them know how much they are appreciated. So glad to hear that you are happy with the results! Hope you can enjoy your outdoor zen space for many years.
Regards,

Ron and Renee  in Caledonia
Ron and Renee in Caledonia

Our Amazing Deck!!

Thank you to Josh and his team for building our amazing Deck. Everyone at Zen from the team who took our call, to the crew who worked on the deck and Josh for his attention to detail and his expertise with the process were wonderful and very professional.
Big thank you,

kirby & Carol in Caledonia
kirby & Carol in Caledonia

interlocking stone patio

Guys showed early & worked their butts off, old patio gone in no time. Courteous & polite, with some humor thrown in. Job done quickly & good clean up. Came back to fix a couple of issues, all done now. Good job, very happy, would recommend.

Hello Kirby and Carol,
Thank you so much for the honest review. We appreciate all feedback that we can gather in hopes to makes ourselves better every day/every job. Wish we could have been a 10, but will happily accept the 9 grow from it! Please get in touch for any future projects you may be interested in pursuing.
Sincerely,

4 reviews Caledonia, ON

Backyard Turfing

Zen Construction Zen Construction
289-284-1151
28 Stirling St
Caledonia
N3W 1J4

In the summer of 2017 Zen completed a turfing job in about 2/3 of my backyard very much to my satisfaction. (see my review of that job). The other third was given new sod. It didn't long to realize with two large dogs the sod was not going to stay nice so we contracted Zen to turf the rest of the yard for the spring of 2018. It turned out they could not source enough matching turf to the existing job and we had to choose either a shorter or longer blade to complete the new section. We chose the longer blade. When the job was done the matching of the two different lengths did not look good plus the installers had difficulty with matching seams properly. Neither Zen nor I was happy with the finished results. They promised they would make it right and they did. They pulled up all the turf in the entire back yard and re-turfed it all in the longer blade product. Needless to say this was a costly fix but Zen only charged the amount they had originally quoted. The finished result is absolutely beautiful and we are very happy with it and the excellent customer service we received.

Hi Lise,
We are beyond happy that we were able to complete and remedy this for you. Turf is one of the lowest maintenance landscaping options for groundcover, and also one of the most expensive. Being so, we believe it must be to the highest quality and installation standards and leave the customer feeling all warm and fuzzy. It also helps that we work with an amazing subcontractor (Tuffturf Canada) that stand behind their material and install, who worked diligently with us to leave you with those warm and fuzzy feelings. Hope you fill up all that saved maintenance time with family, friends, and all things wonderful! Call us anytime for your next project.
Sincerely,

Andy &.
Andy &.

Back yard renovation

-several meetings to finalize plans
-good Team of employees
-frequent check ins, which minimized surprises
-job site cleaned up on daily basis
Love our new backyard!

Hi Andy,
Thank you for allowing us to be part of your beautiful backyard oasis build. The end results are gorgeous! The pictures on Facebook are a testament to our hard work and your beautiful canvas and thoughtful planning. Hope you enjoy your backyard riverview oasis for years and years to come! Please call us again for your next project.
Best Regards,

Fence in Caledonia
Fence in Caledonia

Exceptionally well built fence/gate

From the quote to the completed project, Josh and his company provide very professional service with quality workmanship. We would highly recommend Zen construction to anyone. They were quick, detailed, and cleaned up well, they even were careful of the plants in the gardens. We hired them a few years back, and again now. We will no doubtfully be hiring their crew in the future for our next project!

Hello,
We have to thank you greatly for being a returning customer and sharing your positive experience about our people and services. Can't wait to get the call for your next project!
Most Sincerely,

Steve P. in Caledonia
Steve P. in Caledonia

HUGE WEEPING TILE JOB

I definitely picked the right company when I picked Josh and Zen Construction to do my Large weeping tile job. There were a few glitches along the way as in any job but Josh and his crew rectified the issues quickly. Looking forward to having them back in the spring to do our landscaping. Thank you Josh and your boys AWESOME JOB.

Hey Steve,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. Referrals and word of mouth are the best advertising money can't buy! Yes, jobs tend to have a hiccup here and there, but it's how we deal with them that makes us who we are. Looking forward to completing the landscaping in the Spring. Until then, have a wonderful winter season - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and the best to you and yours for New Years 2018!
Best Regards,

289-284-1151
28 Stirling St
Caledonia
N3W 1J4

Zen did our backyard patio last year and we were so happy with their work that we had them back to do our front yard this year. They continued the interlock from our back patio, up the side of our house and in front. They also did our driveway and put in a garden. They worked hard each day they were here and cleaned up at the end of each day. They were very professional and finished the job in a timely manner. Since the job has been complete, we have had numerous people stop us or ring our door bell asking who did the work. Several of our neighbours have contacted them for a quote as well. We are thrilled with their work and can't believe how great our yard looks. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for quality work.

Hello again Julia! Thank you very much for taking your valued time to post a review for us. The results are fabulous and we love the picture! We greatly appreciate you passing our name to your neighbours and look forward to working in your area in the future. Hope you enjoy the last bit of Summer and have a wonderful rest of 2017!
Sincerely, Zen Team

4 reviews Caledonia, ON

Turf and sod in back yard

Once again Josh and his crew made me very happy with the turf and sod job they did in my back yard. With two large dogs running vigorously my yard was not in very good shape. I asked Josh for suggestions and he recommended artificial turf. His courteous crew were a delight to have around. Always friendly and willing to listen and help with everything. I live on a corner lot and have a lot of people walking by. There have been so many comments on how nice it looks. The crew put in extra tacking after seeing how active the dogs were. Loved working with Zen Construction and will definitely be using them again in the future.

Wow Lise, thank you very much for taking the time to post such a delightful review. We are absolutely thrilled that working with Zen has been a great experience! It was a pleasure working with a fantastic client such as yourself. Look forward to hearing from you for your next project!

Many thanks,

Crystal in Caledonia
Crystal in Caledonia

Property fence, 2 privacy screens, 2 deck extensions

Exceptional is how I would describe my experience with Zen. From start to end. The owner Josh was able to clearly understand the exact look I was going for with the horizontal clean line property fence, and also gave experienced insight into other issues I was not aware of regarding the deck extensions. I can't begin the thank the crew that worked on all of the jobs, they were professional, social and extremely hardworking. Their workmanship and work ethic clearly shows in the overall look of my amazing backyard. I could not be happier. Although Zen was a bit more money compared to the 2 other quotes I had received, I could tell by the first and second meeting that the service would be outstanding....and it truly was. I do believe that when I research a service or product, that the person leaving a review is being completely honest and I can use the reviews in order to base my final decision, I do hope that anyone looking to have Zen complete any job for them takes my insanely happy and positive review into consideration. You will be very happy in the end!

Wow Crystal, we love your insanely happy and positive review! I will make sure to pass along the kindhearted words to our crew. Always feels good when the customers notice how hard working and dedicated the crews are. We strive to build a team that works well and pushes each other towards greatness - and I think have done quite good so far! And yes, with our custom designs and top quality craftsmanship, we can be a little more costly than the competitors, but as you said, it is worth it. Looking forward to hearing from you again sometime. Hope you have a wonderful summer!
Many thanks,

More about Zen Construction

Zen Construction is a specialty landscape company. We specialize in providing unique landscape projects that combine stone, wood, water and light. Our jobs stand out from our competition because of our custom unique designs and attention to detail. Give us a call today to meet our team and start building "Your Zen Space"