Pro Solutions Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning

RonBro
RonBro
5 reviews Edmonton, AB

Furnace Service call

The complaint arises from a service call performed on Feb 18th, 2021.
The service Tech arrived on Feb 18th,21 to perform a requested standard service check.
Upon looking at the furnace, and without removing any components, he was already mentioning that he suspected the heat exchanger was cracked and the furnace would require replacement. He proceeded to produce a co2 measuring device and took some readings from various areas inside the furnace, which he said showed higher than normal readings. He then took a plumbing scope and inserted it into the heat exchanger tubes and showed me what he perceived as cracks in the tubing. By this time he had also already produced an estimate for a furnace replacement which he indicated was a ‘Time Limited Offer” which he could install the next day. When I indicated I would like to consider this longer, he then added a $1000 deduction “for existing customers”, which again was a “time limited offer”. I again indicated I would review and get back to them.
I immediately called another company to review ProSolution’s concerns.
Before the second tech arrived I checked my warranty and found out I had a lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger. The tech did a cursory inspection of the furnace as he had no testing instruments and said he concurred that the heat exchanger, based in age, probably required replacement.
This company gave me a quote on just the heat exchanger replacement but the labour cost was excessive.
Based on ProSolution’s assessment, I then contacted a third contractor and received an acceptable quote for supply and replacement of a complete furnace.
Once the old furnace was removed, I proceeded to disassemble it. Once I had gained access to the heat exchanger, I documented their visual condition with photos and then completely removed the component. The heat exchanger showed no indications of cracks which caused me great concerns.
I then performed a “water test”, on the tubes by filling them and actually putting a 12inch column of water on each of the tubes. THERE WAS NO SIGN OF LEAKAGE.
My complaint is that I was basically forced into the position of furnace replacement by the “ProSolution” recommendation. If the Tech’s assessment was faulty then I have spent $3000 which was not necessary.

Here is our response through the BBB:This message originally read on 3/18/20211) We offered a FREE DIAGNOSIS to the client. The screen shots of the information indicate what was emailed to him and that he opened said docs.

2) If he wasn't happy with the primary diagnosis we ALWAYS offer a FREE 2nd or even 3rd opinion from a completely different technician and personality within the company.

3) Mr. Brown never called us back with any questions, we cannot assist him if he decided to hire another company.

4) Mr. Brown CHOSE to go with another 2 companies THAT DID NOT PROVIDE ANY DIAGNOSIS...but rather agreed with the primary diagnosis from our technician.5) At what point does Mr. Brown become responsible for the information allowed to influence his decision? We did not accept any money from him, therefore what could we possibly "owe him"?

6) The report shows an issue with the concealed SECONDARY HEAT EXCHANGER and not the primary heat exchanger above.
Job Summary LIST ALL EQUIPMENT MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBERS. CHECK LIST. REPAIR UPGRADE OPTIONS.
13 YEAR OLD AMANA
TUNE UP $74
Bill To
Ron Brown $0.00
Invoice Summary Furnace compassion analysis had over 264% excess air and could see the degeneration of the secondary heat exchanger.
He will Consider REPAIR ba REPLACE
Subtotal $0.00 Tax $0.00
Total $0.00 Balance $0.00

7) the report never suggested any cracks and the technician never reported or photographed any cracks...we were thorough in our report, was Mr. Brown being thorough himself in his investigation with a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, whatever he wanted, diagnosis?

8) We had emailed a limited time offer to thousands of repeat clients and had an emergency tune-up offer. Furnace stock has been VERY LIMITED in Edmonton during this winter and the model offered to Mr. Brown is most certainly out of stock in my shop now & pricing has increased for future shipments also. Limited offers are VERY NORMAL

9) Should Mr. Brown not ask his installer why they ripped out the furnace without establishing "a reason"?

10) I have never had a client reason as such....ever. We have terminated future service with Mr. Brown in our dispatching system so as not to hurt anyone's feelings in the future...We can fix FURNACES but we are not hired to "FIX FEELINGS". You had every opportunity to get a real 2nd or 3rd, 4th, 5th or whatever opinion from anyone else OR even call our office back to complain and sort things out. You did not.

Sincerely,Jason Billey
ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning

Great job

Great job on fixing my sink problem.
Craig was very knowledgeable and quick in fixing my sink back up problem. He made sure the problem was solved before he left. Appreciated his help. He was exceptional in making sure everything was clean along the way. No big mess to clean up at the end.

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us this review and we love hearing how our technicians take care of our customers and respect their homes. From our Family at ProSolutions thank you again.

Great Service!!
Great Service!!
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Furnace Replacement

It Was Valentines Day am in -30 degrees weather and our furnance died. I call Pro Solutions and spoke with Simon, Manager. He dispatched a very personable Sergio to evaluate. The next am his employees Paul and Lee were assigned our installation that went flawless and were back to having our home toasty within 3 hours. Very polite personable staff. Very impressed with our overall experience. Respectfully, Susan Maruca

Thank-you so very much Susan for your awesome review of our team's performance. We appreciate your support more than you know :)
Stay warm
Stay safe
Stay positive
keep these 3 things in mind and we can make it through many things together as a community here in Edmonton :)
Kind Regards

Lee
Lee
1 review Edmonton, AB

Furnace repairs

This company is amazing. From the receptionist, don't know if I can say her name, to the Tech's and owners. Awesome. They have always treated me with absolute respect and courteous. They were fast and professional and nice to deal with in every respect. I would recommend them to anyone and I have, to my friends and family or even when I overheard someone talking about a good company I interrupted the conversation with my recommendation.
They will always get my business with our fail.
Way to go guys and gals...

What a way to start our HUMP-DAY this Wednesday!
We are not perfect but we enter every home and business hoping to make a life long friendship and offer the best service possible to our new and long time clients.
You have my gratitude and many thanks from me and our Team here at ProSolutions.
Owner

Jillene in Toronto
Jillene in Toronto
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Furnace Replacement

The professionalism of the team was very good. From quote to installation I knew exactly what to expect. They were on time and delivered the installation to a high standard. Thank you.

Thank-you so very much for your support and vote of confidence. We really work hard as a whole Team and are very proud of the efforts of our technician Ryan and Irene and the rest of the install crew to help you out.
Have a wonderful October 2020 and please.....STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY :)

Brian
Brian
1 review Stony Plain, AB

New Furnace, toilet install, water tank install, frozen pipes

Last winter my daughters pipes froze, she called ProSolutions and they asked one of their staff to check it out on his way home. The weather was very cold and he managed to put some portable heaters in the crawl space to thaw the pipes. The next day they sent a crew to fix the issue.
This year she decided that she needed a new furnace. She again called ProSolutions. They came out within a day gave her an estimate which she accepted and was installed within two days. I found they were very respectful and eager to please. I would recommend them to anyone who wanted great service.
Brian McKean

Thank you for the great review our Family and Service Team at ProSolutions are always happy to hear from a repeat customer. It was such a cold day when your daughter called in about the pipes bursting it is no one's favorite job but we have such great technicians cold weather or not they got right at the task. We are so pleased that we were able to help out and put a new furnace in this year. Ready for winter 2020 :).
Thank you again from our Family to Yours, for the review we will pass on this message to the Team at ProSolutions.

Sump pump trolscement

I wa flooding and they sent someone out very next morning
The service man was really good and kind and gave me a discount
His name is Sergio and he was quick
My son called cause he started having problems so he went straight over while a tech dropped off another pump All this while it’s been raining heavily for a few fays
Would highly recommend them

Thank you so much for the kind review, from our family and team it is appreciated. Sergio is a fantastic technician and a great asset to Team ProSolutions we will be sure to let him know you were please with how he handled your service call.

Furnace fix

Polite, pleasant explained everything to me as he was doing it. On time called prior to coming. Very good to deal with a great worker. I will recommend to anyone that needs this type of service.

Thank-you so very much for this VOTE OF CONFIDENCE. This COLD SNAP has had our Team really working very hard and I am so pleased to hear we are still concerned about the TOTAL CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE during a real stressful extreme weather period. Thank-you again and we really appreciate your support.

MayLing in Toronto
MayLing in Toronto
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Arvin very good technician

Arvin arrive in my house and was very pleasant and very smart and explained to me my problem in my furnace. He did a very good job fixing my furnace. He is a good asset in the company. I will definitely call them again because of the service I gotten from him. Will definitely recommend Prosolutions to my friends family

Thank-you so very much for this great review for a Friday morning MayLing :)
Arvin is a great asset to our Team and we work hard every day to shape the habits and customer service skills of our Team members every day. Please feel free to recommend us to all you know....WE WOULD LOVE THAT :)
SIncerely,

A in Grande Prairie
A in Grande Prairie
1 review Edmonton, AB

Hot water tank replacement

The office was quick to book me in with a detailed quote. Paul did a great job installing and he even fixed the venting attachment on our dryer when he had to move it back in place! There was a part he didn’t have and two days later they came to quickly switch it out and fixed the low pressure in our kitchen tap. I will definitely be using pro solutions again!

Thank-you so very much for the great endorsement. Paul E. and the rest of our service Team here at ProSolutions were very happy to assist you and your household and will be ready for the next time too :)
Have a great end to the summer and stay warm this winter 2019/2020.
Sincerely,

More about Pro Solutions Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning

At ProSolutions Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. , we provide personalized client and equipment care – from regular heating and cooling check-ups and maintenance to emergency service and repairs to installing new equipment. From your initial contact through completion, our experienced staff will offer expert advice and product recommendations ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Edmonton?