Will Construct By Design

HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Aurora  >  Will Construct By Design

Reviews for Will Construct By Design

Chris in Toronto
Chris in Toronto

Quality and Service At it's BEST!!!

Received many quotes from various professionals on this site BUT Laurie and Scott were definite shinning stars among the many. Both Laurie and Scott were patient, attentive to detail and above all honest and efficient!

They helped me and my aunt out in a big way, took the time to visit and prepare an accurate estimate and even repaired stuff that was not quoted out of the kindness of their heart!!! Trust me, if you have major repairs, design/build projects call them now!

Oh Chris thank you! It was a pleasure working with you. From our first conversation I knew you were someone that was upfront and we wanted to help you help your Aunt. What a nice gesture to ensure she is looked after. Our whole team very much appreciate the review and hope that we can work with you in the future.
All the best
From the Will Construct by Design Team

Paula a.
Paula a.
1 review Aurora, ON

Deck

It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with Will Construct by Design. From my dealings with Laurie and Scott, to my 3 amigos on the job site, they truly went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with our new deck. The workmanship is amazing- we got exactly what we wanted, no surprises. I really appreciated Scott’s ideas for cost savings, so that we could afford a deck we would be happy with for years to come.
You know how when you hire a company, some guys show up smoking and drinking and swearing? These guys are lovely, polite, and treated me like family. They even brought my son and his friends construction hats, and carried in my groceries for me!
Our deck was completed in under a week, which was exactly what we were told. The guys even pitched a tarp and worked through the rain to get it done for me on time. I will be recommending this company to all my family and friends, and as soon as I can afford it, I’ll be calling them for my next Reno.

Hello Paula
Thank you for the wonderful review. We all enjoyed working with you. The guys really enjoyed getting the construction hats for your son and his friends. You may just see some pictures on the website at some point. Enjoy the deck and make many good memories with friends and family. Thank you in advance for any referrals, it really means a lot.
Scott, Laurie and the Will Construct Team

Tim
Tim

COMPLETE RENOVATION

I had a three bedroom bungalow in Toronto that required a major renovation. Since this was my first experience with this type of project I tried to be diligent in selecting a contractor. I was extremely fortunate to find Will Construct By Design. Laurie and Scott were very accommodating to deal with. In my initial consultation with Scott I felt it represented an excellent beginning and that we would work well together. Happily for me that certainly was true.
The renovation was extensive. It consisted of a full tear down and removal of the kitchen, living room and dining room. This also entailed the removal of a kitchen/living room wall that opened the three rooms into a open living space. The bathroom was completely gutted and a new modern one installed in its place. All three bedrooms were refurbished and updated. This was a significant project that took five months to complete.
I also significantly increased the work I wanted completed during the renovation by having some work done in the basement. Scott and I had talked about doing insulation and drywalling in the basement at the time of our initial consultation but I decided at that time not to have the work done. However, as the project progressed I realized that it made sense to do the necessary work. When I mentioned to Scott that I wanted to go ahead with the basement work both Laurie and Scott were incredibly accommodating. A couple of days later I received an estimate for the work and the required costs. The cost for everything was quite reasonable.
I was pleased with the Will Construct By Design team throughout my project. Emphasis on team. Scott and Laurie were always a phone call away. They constantly encouraged me to call about any concerns I might have.
Scott's team, including Oho, Jay, Chris and Chris were a pleasure to deal with and get to know. Oho and Jay (who did the majority of the work on my project) in particular went above and beyond in explaining to me what was being done. Again, as with Laurie and Scott they encouraged communication and questions about the work being done. Scott's team is a reflection of who and what he is and they are an extension of his approach to work and life. It was a refreshing and very agreeable experience for me. The work was done in a timely and efficient manner. The end product speaks to the entire team's work ethic and professionalism. Simply superb.
Scott and Laurie are very receptive and diligent in dealing with any concerns that may arise over the course of the project. I felt that I was always receiving an honest assessment of what was taking place.
I am very happy with the renovation that has taken place. I highly recommend Laurie and Scott for any renovation project.

Thank you very much Tim. Our whole team enjoyed working with you and watching your home become new again. Interior, Exterior, windows and everything has completely changed. We enjoyed being very hands on with design and material selection and are thrilled you are happy with the outcome. We wish you many happy comfortable years ahead. Please stay in touch!
All the best,
Scott, Laurie and the Will Construct Team

Michael in Toronto
Michael in Toronto

Major kitchen, living room and Dining room renovation

I had a great experience working with Scott and Laurie on a huge renovation on my 2 bedroom bungalow in Toronto. The renovation consisted of a full tear down and removal of the living room, dining room and kitchen which included moving a staircase and opening up the 3 rooms into a fully open concept living space.
Right from the moment I met Scott during the initial consultation for an estimate I felt comfortable with him and I knew that we would work well together.
Even though I significantly increased the work I wanted completed during the renovation - well above and beyond what I asked for in the original estimate (I originally thought I would be completing more of the work myself) - both Laurie and Scott were incredibly accommodating without any cutting corners or reduction in quality to expedite finishing the job. Everything was handled with the utmost professionalism.
The cost for everything was very reasonable and I feel I would be hard pressed to find another contractor that could and would complete the job at that quality for the same price.
All the subcontractors that I used were recommended by Scott and Laurie and I was very impressed. They were all very easy to work with and just as accommodating.
I recommend that if you work with Will Construct by Design that you take their recommendations for subcontractors and suppliers as it will save you time trying to find alternates that will provide the same service and quality for the same price.
I am very impressed with everything and am legitimately cannot think of something that I had an issue with or would have done differently. I highly recommend Will Construct by Design.

While writing this review, my house is in a state of transition with furniture and decor so I don't have pictures (as they would not do the space justice), but I am very proud of the space and would be happy to share pictures once it is a bit more organized and arranged. I will be sending these pictures to Laurie as soon as I have them.

Good Morning Michael.
We would all like to thank you for your kind words. We are very happy that you love the new space. It was fun working with you and hope to do so again in the future! We look forward to posting some pictures on our website.
Scott, Laurie and the Will Construct by Design Team

Ryan in Toronto
Ryan in Toronto

House Refacing

We recently worked with Scott/Laurie and team on a "house refacing" project that had a substantial interior component to it (which they handled), while the exterior stone work was handled by the Three Little Pigs. The aim of the project was to reduce street noise (we live on a busy street) and improve curb appeal of the house.

We initially reached out to Scott after first contacting the Three Little Pigs, as the two have worked together in the past, and a cohesive, seamless process & approach was important to us.

Scott and team created new window openings, added soundproofing insulation, thicker drywall, handled all the electrical, and helped with some additional non-stone related exterior work. Scott also directed us to the Designers for the drawings/building permit, and directed us to the company that provided an exterior railing, as well as the garage door.

We were very pleased with the Will Construct by Design team throughout the project. Scott's team, including Oho, Jay, Chris, and Chris, amongst others, were extremely courteous, respectful, and genuine people. We felt very comfortable in their hands. They often took extra steps to rectify some minor "legacy" issues that were unexpectedly encountered, which was much appreciated. They completed the work quickly and efficiently, and we are very pleased with the end product. A first-rate job.

Scott and Laurie are very responsive, and are always willing to take the time to discuss any issues which may arise. We always felt like we were getting an honest assessment and opinion.

Overall, we're very happy with the execution of the project, which in totality (stone, windows, interior) came in essentially on-budget to what we were provided once the entire project scope had been defined.

We wouldn't hesitate in recommending Scott & Laurie, and hope to work with the team again on future projects.

Thank you Ryan for taking the time to give us this wonderful review. This was a fun project from the start. Working with you both was effortless. We started with one goal, to create a much quieter home with a great look and we feel that was accomplished. The curb appeal and functionality of the home has been upgraded tremendously. We look forward to working with you in the future.
Scott, Laurie and the Will Construct by Design Team

Director in San Francisco
Director in San Francisco

Major Kitchen and main floor renovation

We had an amazing experience with Scott and the entire crew. I don't know how he manages to find the most amazing trades, but every single person we encountered through the process were complete professionals. They showed up on time, work was exemplary, as if they were doing it for their own homes. Everyone was personable and addressed any questions or concerns immediately. Laurie and Scott responded to emails promptly and lead us in the right direction. They recommended terrific suppliers who also kept us on budget and in the right direction for a unified, finished look. After the project was done, we missed having everyone since we felt like they were new family members.
We have already recommended Scott to all of our friends and everyone has been super impressed with the finished product. It is still in keeping with the age and style of the home and feels warm and homey yet much more modern and aesthetically pleasing.
Would most definitely have the crew back for any future projects - already have a list in our mind:)
The Martin's, Fall 2017

Your review is very much appreciated. Working with both of you was most certainly a pleasure. You made comment on the team and they commented on how much they enjoyed working with you. Building relationships is what is most satisfying in this business and we hope to stay in touch for many years to come. Enjoy your 'new' home and be healthy and happy.
Scott, Laurie and the Will Construct by Design Team.

Stover
Stover
1 review East Gwillimbury, ON

Garage Build

Will Construct by Design was hired to build a separate 860 sq foot garage / workshop. From the very first meeting to the completed job, Scott, Laurie and their team were the most professional contractors I’ve ever worked with. You always hear about these horror stories while hiring contractor however the experience with this company was excellent. I highly recommend Will Construct by design.

Nuwan
Nuwan

First Floor Renovation including Kitchen Bathrooms

My wife and I purchased a Heritage home that we wanted to renovate. Since this was our first experience with this type of project we were very diligent in selecting a contractor. We were fortunate to find Will Contruct by Design. Scott and Laurie were amazing to deal with. They were prompt in answering our questions and provided us with great support, both during and after the project . On staff they have some of the best people that we have had the pleasure of meeting. Everyone of the staff we encountered were amazing at their craft and positive to deal with. Jay and Oho who worked on the majority of our home are true Craftsmen and created many wonderful features within our home that have become conversation starters when we enterain. If you are looking for a contractor who is willing to bring your vision for your home into reality, Will Construct by Design is the company for you. They have the knowledge and experience to create a unbelievable home that you will feel lucky to live in. My wife and I could not give enough accolades to them . They are superstars.

This was one of the most enjoyable projects we have had the pleasure to work on. A prime example of wonderful clients now considered friends. The home was a challenge in many ways but we are thrilled that you and your family are enjoying it. We wish you many happy and healthy years to come.
Thank you from the Will Construct by Design Team

sjdavidson
sjdavidson

Kitchen renovation involving major structural

Kitchen, living room and dining room were converted into one large room. Supporting walls were removed and beams installed in ceiling as new supports. New flooring and electrical also installed.
Scott and Laurie were great to work with. As newbies we had no idea what we were doing, they were always on hand to answer questions. Scott and Laurie arranged everyone from Architect to Electricians. I would recommend them to anyone.

Hello There

Thank you for the lovely review. It sure was a pleasure working with the both of you. We hope you have many healthy and happy years sharing meals with family and friends in the new space!

Scott, Laurie and the Will Construct by Design Team.

pmithiye
pmithiye

House renovation

They did an amazing job on my front stairs and the car port. Took little time but worth the wait. Superb job. We loved it. Thanks Will and Laurie.

Hello There

I am glad we were worth waiting for. We try not to take on to many projects at the same time so we can give personal attention to each one. We enjoyed working with you!

Laurie, Scott and the Will Construct Team

More about Will Construct By Design

Will Construct by Design has assembled a wonderful team of qualified and skilled professionals to bring equity into your home. We aim for the highest degree of workmanship and integrity.

Our commitment to you is to start your home project and finish it with no delays. Communicating with you every step of the way. We also give a price fix guarantee. Our quote to you will not change unless the Scope of Work is changed in progress.

Additions