Will Construct By Design

Reviews for Will Construct By Design

DK in Toronto
DK in Toronto

Full home Reno

We hired Will Construct by Design for a full home renovation and would without hesitation recommend this company for large scale renovations. The owners, Scott and Laurie, from the beginning to completion had shown a sincere interest in making our home exactly what we had asked for. We provided Will Construct with a design for our 30+ year old home that included structural changes, such as the removal of load bearing walls. They were able to follow through with the design successfully and implemented a few but significant work-around solutions for existing pipes that did not compromise the overall design. Will Construct has an amazing team of skilled tradesmen who carefully carried out demolition, carpentry, electrical, and plumbing. Scott and Laurie have made our home renovation experience pretty stress-free in light of us having a baby on the way. Their positive reviews on Homestars truly reflect who they are as a business and their quality workmanship.

Thank you very much DK for this amazing review. We do take our job seriously and only want the best outcome for our clients. The very bad thing about this is that we all so enjoyed working with you that we are saddened to be finished. We wish you and your now extended family many happy and healthy years in your new home.
All the Very Best Wishes from the Will Construct Team

steve
steve

Re-siding the house

Great guys to deal with all around. Scott was always concerned and wanted to make sure we were happy with the end result. We are! It took longer to complete than anticipated but mother nature can't be helped. Inspite of the weather Rick, Jen and Dennis worked in minus 5 grey November days until it was done. Thanks all

Hello Steve and Jen
It was a pleasure working with you both. From the initial time we first spoke to your final decision to have us do the project was a long time. And then as you mentioned, Mother Nature sure took it's toll on completing quickly. Best thing about it is that all is completed and your home looks great before 2019. We hope to work with you again in the future.
Thank you from the Will Construct by Design Team.

jennifermiller755
jennifermiller755

Front porch project

They were extremely friendly and professional. The quality of the job was exactly as we’d hoped. They even took the extra time to repair our large side gates.

Thank you Jennifer. I know our team were received by you very nicely. We are glad you are happy with the work and hope to work with you in the future.

Kitchen renovations

As daunting as kitchen renovations can be, Will Construct By Design made this an amazing experience!! Between their expert and courteous team, beautiful work and completion target dates being met, I cannot wait to begin my next project with them!! I would highly suggest this Company to anyone looking for a reputable contractor who takes pride in their work and does everything they can take make your home renovations smooth and seamless! : )

Thank you for the lovely review. We really enjoyed working with you and your family on this project. The Will Construct by Design team are delighted that you are pleased with your 'new'home'. We look forward to joining forces with you on your next project.

Scott, Laurie and the Will Construct by Design Team

Gerry
Gerry
1 review , ON

Home Renovation

My wife and I had our share of bad contractors. It left us a little skeptical to proceed with this bigger renovation. However when we met Scott , his friendly and knowledgable style put us a ease. His wife, Laurie , made the process much easier with her kindness and patience.
The results were spectacular! The very few deficiencies were addressed promptly. The team was careful and accommodating. Heck, they even watered our plants when we moved out!
The quality we valued the most was the "extra mile" approach these guys have to make us happy. They did things for us we didn't even know we needed. The workmanship was second to none. Thanks so much!!

Hello Gerry and Sandra

Thank you for the wonderful review. Scott misses talking to you on a daily basis. You were a pleasure to work with every step of the way. Hope to stay in touch in the future enjoy your 'new' home.

Regards from
Scott, Laurie and the Will Construct by Design Team

Eric in Newmarket
Eric in Newmarket
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Deck

We put in a 685 sq ft deck this summer that included customized fences, a pergola and three sets of steps. The work done by Scott's team was done with great quality. His team was a pleasure to work with. They were all attentive to our requirements. As in any projects, there were challenges that arose. They worked with us to find solutions and implemented them quickly. There were many extras such as doors on either side of the deck that provide a storage area. In lieu of fences in some locations, the crew built custom planters which served the purpose of the fence and also a place to add greenery to the deck. An unique feature of the deck are panels that were built and attached to the pergola posts. There are four panels. The bottom two are fastened to the pergola posts while the top two are hinged which allow them to swing out and up. This gives us a spectacular view of the surroundings that we never had before.

An excellent job that allows Scott, Laurie and the team to be highly recommended.

Thank you Eric for the lovely review. We are pleased you are happy with the special features provided in building your deck. Our team are very good at thinking outside the box and designing for aesthetics and practicality. We wish you and your family many happy years and memories on your new deck.
Scott, Laurie and the team at Will Construct by Design

Jessica
Jessica

Mudroom and back deck build

We had a 50-year old bump-out/mudroom that was falling apart and no back deck. Scott and his team worked with us to come up with a reno plan, including putting in proper supports and insulation, changing the door location, adding windows, installing heated floors, and putting in a dog wash! Scott and his team were a pleasure to work with, super friendly and accommodating. They were responsive by phone, text and email, and graciously dealt with our busy schedules, frequent questions, and a few mid-project changes from our end. They were also one of the only teams I contacted that could do our project on a small budget, and a fairly tight timeframe. This was our first renovation project, and it was a relatively painless and positive experience. We love our new renos!

Hello Jessica
So happy you were pleased with the project. I must say it was our first custom dog bath. It was wonderful to work with your family and hope to again in the future.
Best Wishes from the Will Construct by Design Team

Chris in Toronto
Chris in Toronto

Quality and Service At it's BEST!!!

Received many quotes from various professionals on this site BUT Laurie and Scott were definite shinning stars among the many. Both Laurie and Scott were patient, attentive to detail and above all honest and efficient!

They helped me and my aunt out in a big way, took the time to visit and prepare an accurate estimate and even repaired stuff that was not quoted out of the kindness of their heart!!! Trust me, if you have major repairs, design/build projects call them now!

Oh Chris thank you! It was a pleasure working with you. From our first conversation I knew you were someone that was upfront and we wanted to help you help your Aunt. What a nice gesture to ensure she is looked after. Our whole team very much appreciate the review and hope that we can work with you in the future.
All the best
From the Will Construct by Design Team

Paula a.
Paula a.
1 review Aurora, ON

Deck

It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with Will Construct by Design. From my dealings with Laurie and Scott, to my 3 amigos on the job site, they truly went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with our new deck. The workmanship is amazing- we got exactly what we wanted, no surprises. I really appreciated Scott’s ideas for cost savings, so that we could afford a deck we would be happy with for years to come.
You know how when you hire a company, some guys show up smoking and drinking and swearing? These guys are lovely, polite, and treated me like family. They even brought my son and his friends construction hats, and carried in my groceries for me!
Our deck was completed in under a week, which was exactly what we were told. The guys even pitched a tarp and worked through the rain to get it done for me on time. I will be recommending this company to all my family and friends, and as soon as I can afford it, I’ll be calling them for my next Reno.

Hello Paula
Thank you for the wonderful review. We all enjoyed working with you. The guys really enjoyed getting the construction hats for your son and his friends. You may just see some pictures on the website at some point. Enjoy the deck and make many good memories with friends and family. Thank you in advance for any referrals, it really means a lot.

Tim
Tim

COMPLETE RENOVATION

I had a three bedroom bungalow in Toronto that required a major renovation. Since this was my first experience with this type of project I tried to be diligent in selecting a contractor. I was extremely fortunate to find Will Construct By Design. Laurie and Scott were very accommodating to deal with. In my initial consultation with Scott I felt it represented an excellent beginning and that we would work well together. Happily for me that certainly was true.
The renovation was extensive. It consisted of a full tear down and removal of the kitchen, living room and dining room. This also entailed the removal of a kitchen/living room wall that opened the three rooms into a open living space. The bathroom was completely gutted and a new modern one installed in its place. All three bedrooms were refurbished and updated. This was a significant project that took five months to complete.
I also significantly increased the work I wanted completed during the renovation by having some work done in the basement. Scott and I had talked about doing insulation and drywalling in the basement at the time of our initial consultation but I decided at that time not to have the work done. However, as the project progressed I realized that it made sense to do the necessary work. When I mentioned to Scott that I wanted to go ahead with the basement work both Laurie and Scott were incredibly accommodating. A couple of days later I received an estimate for the work and the required costs. The cost for everything was quite reasonable.
I was pleased with the Will Construct By Design team throughout my project. Emphasis on team. Scott and Laurie were always a phone call away. They constantly encouraged me to call about any concerns I might have.
Scott's team, including Oho, Jay, Chris and Chris were a pleasure to deal with and get to know. Oho and Jay (who did the majority of the work on my project) in particular went above and beyond in explaining to me what was being done. Again, as with Laurie and Scott they encouraged communication and questions about the work being done. Scott's team is a reflection of who and what he is and they are an extension of his approach to work and life. It was a refreshing and very agreeable experience for me. The work was done in a timely and efficient manner. The end product speaks to the entire team's work ethic and professionalism. Simply superb.
Scott and Laurie are very receptive and diligent in dealing with any concerns that may arise over the course of the project. I felt that I was always receiving an honest assessment of what was taking place.
I am very happy with the renovation that has taken place. I highly recommend Laurie and Scott for any renovation project.

Thank you very much Tim. Our whole team enjoyed working with you and watching your home become new again. Interior, Exterior, windows and everything has completely changed. We enjoyed being very hands on with design and material selection and are thrilled you are happy with the outcome. We wish you many happy comfortable years ahead. Please stay in touch!
All the best,

More about Will Construct By Design

Will Construct by Design has assembled a wonderful team of qualified and skilled professionals to bring equity into your home. We aim for the highest degree of workmanship and integrity.

Our commitment to you is to start your home project and finish it with no delays. Communicating with you every step of the way. We also give a price fix guarantee. Our quote to you will not change unless the Scope of Work is changed in progress.

Additions