Mike The Roofer Inc.

27 Menno St. Breslau ON N0B 1M0
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Kitchener  >  Mike The Roofer Inc.

Reviews for Mike The Roofer Inc.

Ken Mielke in Kitchener
Ken Mielke in Kitchener
2 reviews Kitchener, ON

Estimate for residential roof

In late winter of 2017, I had some concerns regarding my asphalt shingled roof and thought it was time to investigate my options for a replacement roof.

Initially I was considering going to a steel roof because of warranty and the estimated life of a steel roof.

Not happy with the company that installed my asphalt shingle roof in 2004 I decided to work with a different company.

After reading reviews about various local roofing companies I narrowed my search to three companies, who I then contacted for a consultation & possible estimate.

Of the three companies I contacted, Mike from Mike the Roofer was the only person that suggested we make an appointment in order to meet in person to discuss any concerns I have as well as recommendations by him.

During the appointment Mike spent about 5-10 minutes walking around the roof to assess any damage or potential problems that may need immediate attention. When Mike came down from the roof he suggested that although my roof is showing signs of age it is not necessary to replace it this year.

Mike took the time to answer all my questions (which there were several) and suggested he could provide me with an estimate for steel as well as asphalt to be installed in a year’s time.

Mike explained that should I decide to go with asphalt shingles he is very confident in the quality of the product he uses. As well his company is Factory Certified by the shingle manufacturer and can therefore offer me with a Lifetime Non-prorated warranty on the materials installed as well as 15 years workmanship by his company.
He also explained his installer’s are employees of his business paid by the hour and not sub-contracted by the job.

In conversations that I had with Amber in the office I found her to be very helpful and willing to accommodate me. If she was not sure of any technical information that I requested she contacted Mike and relayed the information back to me.

In my experience I found both Amber & Mike to be genuine & honest in the assessment and recommendations for my roof. As a result I have decided to hire Mike the Roofer to supply and install a new asphalt shingle roof in a years time.

As for the other companies I contacted, it was disappointing as I never did meet anyone in person and received an estimate by email. It was suggested to me by these companies that if I had any questions I could contact them by telephone or email.

I appreciate the time Mike took to meet me and discuss things in person as well as Amber's efforts to accommodate me.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with all of these readers, Ken! We are looking forward to serving you in 2018!! :)
- Amber

Amy in Stratford
Amy in Stratford
1 review Breslau, ON

Repair of leaking roof

A huge thank you to Mike The Roofer Inc, located here in Breslau. At 4am we noticed water dripping in one of our bedrooms. I emailed Mike The Roofer this morning. 20 mins later Amber called me back and by 10am Mike was here. Mike quickly isolated the problem - a puncture hole in one of the roof troughs. Despite all this rain, he was able to get up on our roof and repair the area.

I am writing this recommendation because I am so thankful that Mike The Roofer was able to squeeze us in today. He's saved our home from permanent water damage and mold. Mike was prompt, efficient, polite and very knowledgeable.

If you have any roof issues, I highly recommend you support local and contact Mike The Roofer Inc.

Happy to serve !!

- Amber

Mariam in Kitchener
Mariam in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Roof

I don't have enough words to thank Mike for all the work he has done to our house. In 2015 we used another roofing company to replace our roof due to a leak. This roofer seemed great, came out with a big crew and did several homes in the area. Less than a year later our roof started to leak again and even worse than before. We tried to call him back but he refused to stand behind his work. I googled local roofers and spoke to some friends and they all recommended Mike the Roofer. I called him the day water was pouring in (it was raining and hailing) and he was over within the hour. He took his time, took photos and helped fix several problems that he can see without removing any shingles. He came out several times after that to help solve the problem and ease the damage on the inside of the house. He didn't have to do that. We never told him that we would use him to replace our roof. He came out because he believes in what he does and stands by his work. As water continued to come into our house we decided to replace it once again. We got several quotes but decided to stick with Mike. We loved how reliable he was (with work that wasn't even his own. So we thought "imagine if we used him, we know he would be here if there ever what a problem") and also saw that he was accredited by the BBB. We replaced our roof with Mike over the weekend and couldn't be happier. Thank you for everything.

Robin in Kitchener
Robin in Kitchener
4 reviews KITCHENER, ON

Sky Light Installation - Excellent Work & Great Value

I found Mike on the Velux site listed as an authorized installer. We wanted two 4x3 skylights installed in our attic without having to worry about leaking down the road. Mike's quote was the best price and he was the only one that didn't insist we needed a new roof to go with the additional windows. (the roof was only 7 years old) He was very professional, personable, and honest. When the time comes when we will need our roof done we will be calling him, no hesitation.