Plumbing

Reviews for Dr Rooter

Voleg in Toronto
Voleg in Toronto

Flooded Basement/Waterproofing

My basement was flooded due to house not being waterproofed. Oleg and his team arrived at 3am due to this being an emergency. They stopped the flooding, dried the basement, installed waterproofing and replaced a lot of old drain/pipes, etc. Very proffesional! Will do business again!

Thanks for choosing Dr Rooter. We are happy to be helpful. We always provide customers with dryers when their basement is flooded and only take them back when its fully dry. We hope you and your family will never have problems again.

MB in Toronto
MB in Toronto

Plumbing and drain repairs in autoshop

Roman had very good response time, professional attitude and diagnosed and found the problem very fast. Great service, guys fixed our plumbing issue in our shop in no time. Friendly staff, cleaned up after themselves. Thanks guys for making our shop run again.

Thanks guys for this great response. It was a pleasure to meet your great team of guys that specialize on Mercedes service and repairs. We are very happy to be helpful o you. If you will ever need our help again our teem is happy to serve you any time.

Kaiya in Old Toronto
Kaiya in Old Toronto

Would not recommend to anyone

Update: Dr. Rooter is now on the CONSUMER BEWARE list.

They have refused to respond to any of our attempts to contact them and they have ignored the Consumer Protection Agency.

We have had an absolutely horrible experience with Dr. Rooter. We have a signed contract stating they would install a sump pump, a back water valve and look after city plumbing permits. Only after we paid in full did we realize that they didn’t fulfill the work detailed in the contract. They even provided us with a detailed receipt and city rebate form for the sump pump they didn’t install! (See photograph attached of the sump pump pit missing the sump pump). We wanted to withhold payment according to the consumer protection act but the owner threatened to dump waste on our property. They have been extremely unprofessional. We also used them to underpin our basement and they failed part of the city inspections and left our permit open. They took months to complete a small underpinning job and we never knew when workers would be showing up. They will not respond to our calls despite our many attempts to contact them. We would not recommend this company to anyone.

Hello. We did your job in the fastest manner possible. We are apologizing for any delays that happened due to the nature of your job. We are more than happy to assist you, just call our office any time at 416 455 5554.

Christine
Christine

Great Customer Service, Persistence and outcome - retaining wall

I had commissioned and paid for a 6 foot high, 25 foot long retaining wall at the side of my property in 2015 and it was already leaning out visibly. It was not done properly to account for the mass of earth behind the wall, and the structural needs, but the original contractor defaulted on his warranty and left the poor work for me to fix. Steve and team came in, assessed the needs for the redo of the wall and assisted me in finding a structural engineer. He then got his team out to do the work in a really rapid manner. He and his team dealt with additional changes by the engineer, grumpy, yelling neighbours and a tricky labour-intensive job. He completed it quickly and well, and paid attention to the surroundings, ensuring that the area was kept clear for through traffic as needed. The retaining wall and laneway ended up clean and level for the multiple shared owners' use, after Steve and his team stayed till after 9 pm on a Friday night to get it done. I really appreciated the timely completion, and the end product is stable, sturdy and likely to last for another 20 years plus.

Thanks Christine for writing this great review! Our teem of professionals is always ready to help you and family.

Yuriy in Etobicoke
Yuriy in Etobicoke
1 review , ON

Concrete Driveway, Patio and Stairs

Lately, I’m experiencing real joy returning home every day and parking my car on my newly re-done concrete driveway, getting out on my beautiful front patio, and stepping on my new, straight, not cracked stairs. Those simple thinks became special thanks to Dr. Rooter and George, who, from the first day we met and until all works were completed, took care of all aspects of the project, listening to our needs and explaining every option. I proud of my home now. Great company, professional people. Thanks George.

Thank you Yuriy for your business,we know you will be able to enjoy your tastefully completed driveway ,front porch and steps for many,many years to come!Cheers!

A.Danesh in Richmond Hill
A.Danesh in Richmond Hill

Don't waste your time

I signed a contact with Dr. Rooter to replace the main water pipe to my property and gave them a down payment. The plumper was a no call, no show at the first appointment. We made a second appointment and the same story repeated. In the end, they simply returned my deposit with no apology.

Thank you for responding. You feedback is very important to us, however we did schedule appointments with you and you did change the day few times. When you rescheduled you always chose a time that did not work for us. We apologize for this inconvenience bot you have to understand that we have other customers that we have to accommodate as well and sometimes schedule conflicts happen. We gave you your deposit back in full with an explanation and apology. We hope that you took care of your problem in a professional manner.

LD in Queen West
LD in Queen West

Excavate concrete floor, replace drain pipe and line 40 feet of 70 year old clay drain pipe.

Our house is a converted shoe factory with a polished concrete slab floor. Unfortunately, Mr. Rooter discovered that a section of the drain had collapsed and had to be replaced. This involved breaking through the concrete and making a trench approximately 8' long. To avoid further problems, we accepted Robert's recommendation to line the remaining 40 feet of 70 year old clay pipe. The crew were professional & efficient. The team who installed the lining were highly skilled and knowledgeable. So glad we had this work done.

Thank you for your great review. We glad that everything worked out and we have completed another successful project. Please keep us in mind if you or anyone you know in need of any plumbing, drain, waterproofing or concrete project. Thank you, DR.Rooter team!

Elena from Markham
Elena from Markham

Friendly and professional and by far the best price.

Great experience having Dr. Rooter to help get rid of a leak in the basement.
I would like to express my appreciation for the job they had done on my basement.
Friendly and professional and by far the best price. I will recommend to all my friends.
Elena

Elena, thanks so much for the review and of course for your business. If you or anyone you know needs our services don't hesitate to contact us.

Ken in Toronto
Ken in Toronto

Basement Concrete

I hired Dr. Rooter to replace the concrete in my basement. This is the worst contracting experience I have ever had in my life.

The contract was to remove existing concrete, pour gravel, and then pour new concrete.

The old concrete removal went smoothly. The disaster happened on new concrete day.

The boss, <name redacted>, dropped off equipment for the crew and then left. The equipment he provided included a concrete slide for getting the concrete through the basement window, into the basement.

The crew consisted of 4 young men who didn't speak English. They ignored the contractual agreement to place gravel down before the concrete. Instead, they poured the concrete directly onto the dirt under my house. The threw the concrete through the basement window using a wheelbarrow without using the slide and destroyed my freshly parged and painted walls and pillars as the concrete splashed everywhere and made a huge mess. Worst of all, they did not level the concrete. The floor is now so uneven, it's practically impossible to cover. In short, an unbelievable disaster. I expected a professional job and instead I now have a liability--concrete directly on dirt, horribly uneven, under my house. The value of my property has gone down as a result.

The root cause was lack of supervision. The supervisor dropped off the slide in the morning and then disappeared for the entire day while a crew of young inexperienced amateurs destroyed my basement.

NEVER hire Dr. Rooter for basement concrete.

This job never took place. We have requested homestars to put this review under investigation however no one ever got back to us with an explanation.

More about Dr Rooter

Doctor Rooter Plumbing, Drain and Waterproofing provides Commercial & Residential services in Toronto, Etobicoke and Mississauga. Specializing in plumbing, drainage and waterproofing.

-Plumbing service
-Grease trap installation
-Catch basin installation
-Catch basin cleaning
-Ejector pump installation
-Trenchless Installation drain or water line
-Hydro Jetting
-Power-flushing
-Basement waterproofing
-Foundation repair
-Foundation crack repair
-Weeping tile installation
-Weeping tile inspection
-Window well installation or repair
-Foundation underpinning