Durham Decks

LB
LB
1 review Oshawa, ON

Deck

Durham Decks designed and completed our deck in a professional, reliable and timely manner.
The excellent design, attention to detail and regular updates/photos of the project exceeded our expectations; especially considering the irregularity of our property.
We would highly recommend this company to our family & friends.

Katrin from Ajax
Katrin from Ajax
4 reviews , SK

Picket Fence around front of house

NOT HAPPY!
Asked Durham Decks to do a short picket fence around my front lawn last year to allow my bulldog extra playing room. I requested that it be exactly like a picket fence that is in our backyard, to be done with screws and that it was important that my bulldog could not break through it.

Came home to a fence that had larger spaces between the pickets than requested, fence was nailed together (not screwed as requested) and did not look like it would hold back a bulldog. When I asked for it to be fixed they said that it was impossible. They told me it was due to the size of the pickets they had used (this turned out to be complete b.s. since one of the panels was exactly how I wanted it - the joke later was that they actually sent someone by quietly was prepared to alter the perfect panel to look like the rest! OMG).

I argued - they refused. After much discussion they finally agreed to come at the end of the season and fix it. HOWEVER It's now been a year and they still have NOT come to fix it.

I am unable to safely use the fenced in area as my dog is able to push through the pickets - has done it once already. They are not answering my phone calls or emails???? I even offered them other jobs I wanted to do to my property - still no answer or change - obviously they couldn't care less!

Completely disappointed, frustrated and feel like I've been taken for a ride. I have now spent a large amount of money for a space I can't use. Every time I look at it makes me madder and madder....

Thanks for nothing!

Deck and Fence

If you are looking for a reliable, honest and dedicated deck and fence company, then look no further! We have used Durham Deck and Fence for a few projects now and they have always provided quality workmanship along with unsurpassed customer service.
I highly recommend them to anyone looking to work with a top notch company for their deck or fencing needs. You won't be disappointed!

Jo Anne Lianza from Pickering
Jo Anne Lianza from Pickering
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Gazebo, Permanent Roof and interior laundry room update

Durham Deck & Fence performed three separate jobs for us in 2014. Two jobs were for the exterior of our home, and the third job was for the interior of our house. All three jobs were done extremely well and to our specifications. Our expectations and our satisfaction on all three jobs were met. The jobs performed are as follows:
The first job entailed a canopy enclosure over our back yard hot tub. This also included installation of decking around the hot tub, plus the removal/disposal of our existing hand railing/pickets, and installation of new hand railing/ pickets around our deck.
The second job entailed a finished tiled roof enclosure attached to our house over our back yard patio deck area. This also included new walk down stair area, plus the removal/disposal of our existing hand railing/pickets, and installation of new hand railing / pickets around our patio deck area.
The third job entailed an upgrade to our laundry room within our home. This included the installation of a counter top with a new sink insert, plumbing assembly & fixtures, plus handmade bottom cabinetry. This upgrade also included installation of handmade shelving units within the laundry room closet.

Congratulations to Rob & his team on these wonderful jobs. We wouldn't HESITATE to recommend their craftsmanship to anyone - you will not be disappointed.

Jon lane from Oshawa
Jon lane from Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Deck with roof

By far and away the best company I have ever hired! Their work is beautiful and the crew amazed my wife and I by finishing the job in 1 week. I could t be happier with our deck an I can't recommend durham decks enough.