Gibraltar Electric

Gibraltar Electric

Reviews for Gibraltar Electric

Milton
Milton

Friendly crew, job well done

We moved into a new house built in the 50s which had had the panel updated to a 100 amp panel, but they had never upgraded the service from 60 amps. Our insurance company insisted we upgrade that right away so we decided to do the whole thing to 200 amp. I found Nick through online searching and good reviews. He knew what he was doing and made the job an almost seamless experience for us. He handled the booking and paperwork with Toronto Hydro (easily the hardest part of the job he said!) including them changing the date on us. They came the day before to install the new post and whatnot and prepare the area around the panel - remove some wall board and fish the ground wire to the water intake, etc. On the big day they arrived bright and early and oversaw the hydro shutoff and got to work on the panel. I had some heavy gauge extension cords running to my neighbour's outdoor outlet so I was able to keep my computer (WFH) and fridges going during the outage. Nick and Steve and little Nick (who is over 6' tall) were friendly and efficient and they had everything done and in place for the inspector by like 1 pm and hydro was there and hooking us back up by around 2.
Nick is just overall a very friendly and funny gentleman and a pleasure to engage with. We have more electrical work awaiting us down the road and I will be sure to hire him again for that when the time comes.

C
C

These are the guys to hire. They are electrical heroes.

Gibraltar Electric came to our rescue after we ran into problems with a general contractor destroying our electrical during a kitchen renovation by performing unlicensed electrical work. Other electricians were afraid of the job due to the amount of work involved to fix the mistakes made by the general contractor. But not Nick and his team at Gibraltar Electric. They took it as a challenge and were able to start work virtually immediately. They handled taking out the necessary permits, coordinating inspection, etc. Came in on-budget for their initial estimate. Which is amazing since they replaced every piece of wire that the original contractor touched. Steve, who performed the electrical work, was super friendly, explained what he was doing as he went, kept us involved at every step. And cleaned up each day (unlike the general contractor). I can't say enough to praise Gibraltar Electric. If you are going to have electrical work done in your home, hire these guys.

Craig in Toronto
Craig in Toronto

Highly recommend Nick and team

Nick was responsive, accommodating and so easy to work with. He and his team did a great job with our project- they understood what we wanted and executed exactly as discussed. I would highly recommend Gibraltar Electric

Thanks man! You and your fam were very accommodating. Enjoy your new shed! Don't hesitate to reach out.

Jon
Jon

Electrical for backyard gazebo

Nick and his crew did an outstanding job with our backyard gazebo. The crew helped extend and wire through some conduit for some fans and networking equipment to our yard. Nick took the time to understand what I was trying to do and made some great suggestions to improve the design. The caliber of work was excellent and Nick and crew were a pleasure to work with. Would unreservedly recommend.

Jade
Jade

Various electrical repairs and installations

Always happy with the services provided by Nick and his team. He’s friendly, reliable and genuinely cares for his customers. We will call Nick anytime there is an electrical issue or project we need assistance with.

daveschwing76 in Toronto
daveschwing76 in Toronto

Lighting fixture

Nick was super efficient, friendly and the consumate professional from start to finish. I would highly recommend his services to anyone!!! There is fantastic value in the services by Nick and his team.

That's very kind of you! I really appreciate the time and effort it takes to write a review. Thanks a million.

maria
maria

Outdoor light removal and installation.

Excellent service. I would absolutely recommend Gibraltar Electric. Nick arrived on time, was neat and tidy, knowledgeable, friendly and a pleasure to talk to. I would definitely use Gibraltar Electric again. You wouldn't go wrong using this company. I made the right choice with Nick.

So very kind. You were such an awesome client, and this review is awesome. Thanks Maria!!

Danforth in Toronto
Danforth in Toronto

Subpanel in Garage

Nick and his crew installed a subpanel in my garage so I can power tools, heaters, lights, and in the future potentially a car charger.
- Communication through the sales and delivery phases was excellent.
- Nick was quickly able to understand the project needs, and came with appropriate product and solution recommendations.
- The crew was punctual, skilled, meticulous, and respectful of the home.
- The actual installation of the wiring and panel is clean and tidy.
- Inspection with the ESA was smooth and well organized.

I was very happy to have worked with Gibraltar Electric.

Wow - I'm speechless! Thanks a million for writing such an awesome review. Good luck with everything!

Dave in East York
Dave in East York

Renovation Rewiring

Nick and his team did the rewiring for our living room and dining room reno. This included a complete rewiring of dining room which was gutted. Fixed a pot light on porch on a spur of the moment request as well. I will use on future jobs a highly recommend Gibraltar for any electrical work!!!

Dave, thanks so much for writing such a glowing review. You have a lovely home any family.

Stephen in Markham
Stephen in Markham

Garage Workshop

Reached out to homestars when adding a subpanel in my garage for a workshop. Gibraltar wasn't my first request but certainly the one I felt most comfortable with. He was honest and transparent with his pricing and timing. Everything was done to my satisfaction.

Thanks Nick!

It was a pleasure!! You and your family were wonderful to be around. Good luck with your new endeavor - can't wait to see what you produced out of your workshop.

More about Gibraltar Electric

Founded in 2005 by Nick Marinatos, Gibraltar Electric is a privately-owned Electrical Contracting company based in Toronto, Ontario, known for its service excellence, on-time delivery and innovative solutions. We’re proud to be the go-to partner for many of North America’s leading builders, who demand in-depth expertise, quick turn-around times and service excellence.

Our experienced, professional crews are known for their integrity and reliability. Over 80% of our technicians are experienced journeymen and have completed rigorous industry testing, as well as our own comprehensive in-house education modules, ensuring they are equipped with the latest knowledge and techniques to handle any situation.

From simple end-to-end wiring project to emergency restoration services, we offer the highest quality electrical services, wiring and testing, both residential and commercial areas.

“We’re proud to have earned the reputation as one of Canadas leading elecrical contractors and take the trust our clients place in us very seriously. We strive to deliver 100% customer satisfaction on every project and with more than 80% of new business coming from repeat customers and referrals, we know we’re doing something right.

We place great emphasis on developing a culture of excellence, collaboration, integrity and safety. I believe our success is a direct result of our commitment to these core principles.”

Nick Marinatos