K2 Roofing

Reviews for K2 Roofing

Joseph Laing from New Westminster
Joseph Laing from New Westminster
1 review New Westminster, BC

Thanks you so much to you and your crews Kelly. Their attention to detail and pride in their work was very noticeable. Protecting the new deck on the back of the house was of great concern and your crews left it without a scratch. I appreciate that you and your crews were able to provide us with all the skills and trades to do the reroofing, flashings, new fascia boards as well as new gutters and down spouts without any problem. I also thank you Kelly, for personally overseeing the entire project. Not a day went by that you did not show up to check up on the progress. I know you are busy but you always made time. Your quotes were detailed and complete with no hidden charges. The price was very competitive and the materials you quoted were well above the standards quoted by other companies quoting in the same price range. If you are looking for honest pricing, top quality work, and one stop shopping -look no further than Kelly and his K2 Roofing Crew. Joe and Joanne Laing, New Westminster,B.C.

Hello Joseph,
We appreciate your business. At k2roofing we thrive every day provide excellent service.

TB from Vancouver
TB from Vancouver
11 reviews Vancouver, BC

Roof Deck resurfacing

We have two small roof decks that we needed resurfaced and sealed. A contractor recommended Kelly at K2 Roofing and we are so thankful. Kelly from the very start was professional and friendly. He returned telephone calls, showed up on time, completed the job within the time frame and kept within the budget. His crew cleaned up after themselves and even helped jumpstart our car. Monthls later and we are still very happy with the work. We would highly recommend him to friends and family.

Doug from Anmore
Doug from Anmore
1 review Anmore, BC

house roof and comercial building roof

I have used K-2 roofing three times over the last couple of years. The first time was for my house. I had an old cedar roof that need to be replaced. K-2 stripped the cedar and installed all new plywood and then installed a high end ashfault shingle.
The job was done in a timely manner and was on budget. They did a great cleanup so it didn't look like anybody was there. They did such a good job, they ended up doing two more houses in my area.
I ended up selling that house and built a new one. My builder wanted to use his own roofing company because builders usually use cheap roofers. when I showed him that K-2 was around the same price but would provide a much better roof than his roofing company. we ended up using K-2 and everything was done properly and again on budget. The builder was quite impressed and has used K-2 on a few more jobs since.
When we needed a new roof at work, I called Kelly at K-2 to get a quote. This roof was a flat roof and was 18,000 sq. ft. I didn't know if K-2 did flat roofs and was surprised to find that they do flat roofs using torch on as well as residential roofs.
The quote was around the same as all the rest but was way more comprehensive than the others. It showed me exactly what was to be done and how long it would take. No guessing and no surprises.
Some of the others didn't cover the extras and had a clause that the cost might be higher as they may find some hidden problems.
The job was awarded to K-2 and was done again when they said it would be. They did find that some of the boards under the tar and gravel had to be replaced, but this was done and they didn't screw me around on the final bill.
I would recommend K-2 to anybody needing a new roof on either a home or commercial building. Their workers have been doing this for more years than any of the others I asked to quote, and that says a lot to me about a company when they have trained workers that stick around with the same company.
I couldn't believe one of the bigger roofing companies that I got to quote has workers brought in offshore through their church to save money on their labor. The cost is only one factor to use when deciding to hire a trade. The lowest price isn't always good, the quality of the workers makes a big difference at the end of the job. If it isn't installed correctly you will have problems down the road.

Hello Doug,
Thank you very much Kelly.

Angela Thompson from Coquitlam
Angela Thompson from Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

I used K2 roofing approximately 3 years ago. They replaced my shingles and some of the actual roof, as well as did some torch-on for a few areas of flat surface. The guys were very professional. The price came in as quoted, and the job was completed on time. Clean up was excellent! Have since recommended to neighbours and friends and received only positive feedback. Thank you, K2!

Hello Angela,

Fred from Burnaby
Fred from Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

New Roof - Terrible Roofer

What a big mistake hiring K2 Roofing. Kelly is great at selling but he completely lacks integrity when issues arise on the job. First off, Kelly failed to identify a slight sag in my roof valley at the time of his initial inspection so his crew proceeded to install a crooked, warped valley flashing that looked terrible. When I questioned Kelly about why the flashing would not install straight, and how an experienced roofer could miss that, he simply stated that he could remove the flashing and shingle the valley at an additional cost of $500...basically remove and throw away what I had just paid for and start over!? If there was a way to do it properly initially, why was it not discussed? As the roof lines looked terrible now and needed to be corrected, I was left with no choice but to agree to it being redone and paid the extra cost.

Next was the new skylight Kelly installed in our bathroom that did not sit properly and would not seal. With a 6 month old baby, and a bathroom that was freezing from the draft, we were anxious to have this issue fixed. After 3 weeks of requesting follow up service, Kelly finally showed up and caulked the edges. After he drove away I realized his caulking had accomplished nothing. The drafts remained and now we were stuck with the cold bathroom and strong toxic VOC’s from the sealant. The fumes were so strong that we had to tape off the bathroom door for several days as this room was beside our nursery. Finally, after another week of very cold drafts and getting tired of Kelly’s excuses, we hired another company to install the correct skylight and fix the problem. Total additional cost to install a 2nd new skylight...$500.

After Kelly’s incompetence cost me an unexpected additional $1000, I took the matter to the BBB. Anyone interested can contact the BBB for more details about my experience (complaint filed Oct 2013). Kelly still refused to take any accountability so my complaint through the BBB was eventually closed but never resolved so do not trust K2’s BBB rating. My next step will be pursuing this matter in small claims court so I will post an update here as to the outcome of the court proceedings.

Dealing with K2 Roofing was an awful experience and an expensive lesson. I strongly caution others to avoid K2 Roofing.

Hello All,
I am Ken Brown the senior Estimator at K2 Roofing. Fred's version of events is certainly very colourful from our point of view. The valley area that he mentions is a design flaw in the homes construction and was only repairable with major work to the buildings structure. We tried our best to shingle the roof using the traditional valley metal but there was no way that this area was ever going to be perfect. Although this was completely obvious and explainable, Fred would not comprehend this in any way. We offered to shingle in the valley in a closed fashion at a reduced price in an attempt to hide some of the buildings defects. Fred finally agreed to this and we performed the work for $500.00
Weeks later when Fred contacted us about the skylight issue he was having he became very belligerent and demanding. Although there was no imminent threat of leaks or problems from the drafty skylight he demanded that we attend his location immediately. Because it was the middle of summer and we were at the height of our busy season we informed Fred that it may take us a few days to get there and this was completely unacceptable to him. At this point he started using very profane language not only to the owner of our company but also to our secretary whenever she would field his calls. We did go out to his home and we did lift the skylight and we did caulk the skylight to the curb in an attempt to seal the skylight. This is when things started to get interesting. Fred Phoned our office complaining about the "VOC's" in the caulking we used which is every day household caulking with no harmful VOC's whatsoever. From this point on Fred demanded that not only do we reimburse him for the skylight but we also reimburse him for the valley work we performed.
In the interest of trying to salvage our good name from this we did offer Fred the $400.00 plus tax that he paid us for the skylight as long as he signed a letter stating that he had no further complaints with our work which he refused. He threatened to take us to the BBB if we did not give him $1000.00 and at that point since we felt we could not come to a reasonable compromise with Fred we invited him to do so.

Lee from New Westminster
Lee from New Westminster
2 reviews New Westminster, BC

new roof - shingles and torch on

We are very happy with the price. Kelly, the owner, is knowledgeable, experienced, and professional. His crew was friendly and hardworking. The contract we signed prior to the work was the price we paid when the work was completed. Kelly was responsive to phone calls and questions. The work was completed quickly and efficiently. Great job on clean up. He may run late some times when he says he's coming by but the job gets done. Our roof really looks good.

Hello Lee,

Gillian Creese from Burnaby
Gillian Creese from Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

new roof

I highly recommend K2 Roofing. I got a new roof last year. It was done quickly, no mess was left around the yard, and there were no surprise costs (and it was the lowest quote). Even more important, they stand by their warranties. When I had a leak recently someone came the same day, determined it was not a problem with the roof, but still caulked the outside fan vent on the side of the house that was leaking. This is not service you find everyday! I would recommend the company to any of my friends (and have already done so).

Hello Gillian,

More about K2 Roofing

At K2 Roofing we are a family owned and operated business giving quality service. Centrally located in the lower mainland. Known to go above and beyond the required expectations to meet the consumers satisfaction. With providing the highest standards we have maintained the top possible rating with the Better Business ...
Looking for Gutters & Eavestroughs pros in New Westminister?