Remodel Construction Company

Roxanne in Oshawa
Roxanne in Oshawa
7 reviews Oshawa, ON

Installing Support beam

Actually called for quote on kitchen renovation. In investigation, Chris found that there was a main support beam missing in the basement (previous owners had removed.) As my husband is disabled and in a very heavy wheelchair, we all agreed that this support needed to be put back, before we could consider any renovation.
Chris and his team were very efficient, on time, kept appointments, cleaned up after the job, easy to get a hold of and to correspond with, and is still visiting us monthly to adjust that support until it is corrected. This is a slow process to avoid cracking in the home. Very happy with everyone that I have had to deal with.

Hi Roxanne,

Sometimes we find unexpected things in peoples homes and unfortunately that's what we found when looking at your kitchen renovation, we found that a structural beam was removed from a beam beam in your basement which should not have been removed.

After consulting with our structural engineer we were able to determine the right course of action to correctly make the necessary repairs to the support beam.

At Remodel Construction we believe in always in bring on time, keeping appointments and leaving our job sites tidy and clean daily.

It was our pleasure to be able to assist you with this issue and look forward to working for you again in the future.

Chris and all the Remodel team.

jm38712
jm38712
1 review Whitby, ON

Master ensuite shower, custom glass door, counter tops, under-mount sinks and faucets.

We got Chris' name from the plumbing supply store. From the start Chris promptly returned my call and booked an appointment. He visited our house, took measurements, reviewed options for the job and discussed our previous selection of Mr Marble counters/shower, sinks, faucets and other fixtures. Within 24 hours he returned a quote to us. The renovation went just as smooth as Chris orchestrated his team and trades into the house to complete the job. His scheduling is very efficient and well thought out. His team and the trades people he uses are very polite, friendly and efficient. I was amazed at how they covered the floors and other areas to reduce any dirt and how well they cleaned up every day before leaving. Chris was always available and called often just to ask how things were going. We had two issues, a faulty light and an issue with the niche in the shower that Chris promptly addressed without question. The end result is very nice and we are enjoying our newly renovated bathroom. We would definitely use Chris and the Remodel Construction team again.

Annette
Annette

Bathroom Fans

As I searched through Homestars.com looking for someone to install bathroom fans in my home I decided to contact Remodel Construction . I was very pleased with the reception I got from Chris Clarke at this company. He was very pleasant , asked quite a few questions , came out to my home to inspect and give me a quotation. Quote was accepted and a team from Remodel Construction came in and did the installation. The team was very professional, pleasant and caring. Tim and Dexter arrived at my home at 8:00 am as stated in my contract. They proceeded to do the pre work necessary for this job. Paper was placed on the floors and secured with tapes, Non skid plastic was placed on my carpeted stairs, everything was covered. Furniture in adjoining rooms and the bathrooms were protected with all the coverings. I was very comfortable as I watched the set up. My thoughts " This company and its employees do care about the job and about the customers home and belongings " This made me very happy.
Once everything was secured with the necessary coverings , Richard the Electrician and his team Daniel and Zackery showed up. I was impressed once again when I realised the "Team Work " . The work continued and was completed in a timely manner. The team was courteous and respectful and informed me on what they were doing as they performed their master piece from beginning to end. Clean up was also impressive. My place was left spotless. This team treated my home with a lot of respect . Now I have quiet working fans in my bathrooms. I am very happy with the work and would recommend this company without hesitation. Five Stars Guys !! Great work. Happy Happy homeowner.

Annette,

It is with great delight to hear how satisfied you our with your new washroom fans and the experience you received from our team.

When we are contacted by new clients we like to ask several questions to find out what it is that they are looking to renovate. This helps us determined how much time is required to complete the project, we can also then accurately let clients know when we would be able to complete their project.

When we are ready to start any project site preparation is very important. In your home you have hardwood floors. We use dense compressed cardboard on hardwood to protect them from from dirt, accidents and it provides protection when using our ladders and a safe place to put down tools and materials without damaging your floors. On your furniture we installed lots of light plastic because we were entering the attic there was going to be some dust. The plastic is easily collected at the end and your furniture is virtually dust free. We treat your home as we would want our home to be treated by a contractor.

Our sub trades and our company's employees have worked together many times over the years and everyone knows exactly what to do and what's expected on every job site.

We keep you informed as to the progress of the work and let you know if there is anything that needs to be addressed or taken care of if we find something when the project is being completed.

Thank you for your testimonial about your experience with our company for you washroom fan replacements. We are really glad that you like your new Panasonic Whisper Quiet fans they really are very quiet fans.

From all the team, Tim, Dexter, Richard, Zackery, Dan at Remodel.

Liz
Liz
2 reviews ,

Laundry Room and Closets

From the moment Chris arrived to give me a quote I had confidence in his ability to complete my project. My laundry room was just studs and concrete. It was transformed into a room where I want to go to do laundry. Ceilings, walls, floors, partitioning the area off from the furnace with a louvered door to allow for ventilation it was all done by an amazing team (Tim, Dexter, Jason). All my questions were answered as we went through the process and if I wasn't happy with something, they found a solution to my liking.

At the same time I had 3 sets of closet doors installed to replace full height sliders. This involved building headers etc. Love the result.

The team installed coverings for the floors and carpet and cleaned up at the end of each day to minimize the dirt. They were wonderful to work with.

I completely recommend Remodel Construction. I would call them for any construction needs in the future.

Hi Liz,

Before we started your project it was just bear concrete and 2 x 4 walls. We discussed the different possibilities and with your input we had a vision of what your laundry room was going to look like. You wanted drywall walls, a wood look vinyl floor, LED pot lights to make it feel bright and spacious.

We had couple of challenges that popped up but we were able to come up with the right solutions to get the job completed to your liking and satisfaction which is very important to us too.

It's really important to protect your existing floors during any renovation, carpeting or hardwood. We use a heavy condensed cardboard on hard surfaces and 3 mill no slip plastic on carpets and carpeted stairs. This helps to prevent dents on you hard surfaces along with keeping dirt and construction debris from damaging your floors. It also helps with the daily clean up as well.

Thank you for your business Liz, we are so happy you love the laundry room and your new closet doors upstairs. We really appreciate your kind words about our company and our team. We look forward to working for you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Chris, Dexter, Tim, Jason, Marty, Richard and Mike.

Mike
Mike
1 review Oshawa, ON

Kitchen Renovations

This is my first time buying a home and it definitely needed some renovations to make my family feel comfortable. After reading some reviews, I contacted Remodel. From the first interactions through Home Stars, Chris was a total professional. He was kept me up to date with the progress of the work. We even met at the site a few times to go over things to make sure everything was going to be exactly what I expected. Whenever I had questions (even on the weekends) he was able to answer them. The quality of work his team did was top notch. I'll definitely contact Chris again in the future.

Hi Mike, it was our pleasure to be able to work with you on your first home.

In order to meet our clients needs and expectations its important that we meet several times prior to starting the project. It helps us understand exactly what your looking for and it also helps us be able to explain how and what we can do to get you to the finish line.

Communication is key to the success of any renovation thats why we keep you updated regularly and make ourselves available to answer any questions or concerns that you may have.

We are so happy that we were able to provide you with quality work and hope that you and your family will be happy in your new home.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to possibly working with you again in the future.

Chris

Gary Levasseur  in Old Toronto
Gary Levasseur in Old Toronto

Customer service extraordinaire

Remodel construction came through with flying colours. After having my shower installed more than a year and half ago an issue occurred with the seamless glass shower door. The glass company did everything they could to shift the blame to Remodel construction but it was plainly obvious that the issue was with the 80lb. door not being anchored properly. This was a very stressful situation as my condo was sold with the closing date quickly approaching. Chris from Remodel could not have handled it better. Even though this wasn’t their issue Remodel resolved the problem quickly and professionally. Thank you Chris for a job well done.

Hi Gary,

You are very welcome, it was our pleasure to be able to help you with the repair of your shower door and the improper installation by the shower door company who originally installed the door.

We knew that it was stressfull for you knowing that you had already sold you condominium and in your situation it was the least we could have done to help you resolve your problem in a timely manner.

Chris

Michael
Michael

Laundry Room

Very satisfied with the overall job. Chris and his crew were professional and very helpful with suggestions throughout. They kept me up to date almost daily, telling what had been done and what they would do next.

Mike, we are so glad that you are satisfied with the overall job of your laundry room renovation. Wow what a difference it makes from what it used to look like.

After renovating several laundry rooms over the past couple of years we were able to suggest several features that other customers have used and really liked for your project.

Communication is key to the success of all our projects and provides our clients with peace of mind knowing that their project is progressing as outlined from the start.

Thank you for your business Mike it was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to working for you again sometime in the future.

Chris, Dexter, Jay, Marko, Tim and the rest of our team.

j.bourrie
j.bourrie
1 review Oshawa, ON

Bathroom

From the first phonecall to Remodel Construction Company to the final inspection we were so impressed by their professionalism and their genuine desire to get the job done to our complete satisfaction. We are seniors and this walk in showers enables us to live in our home and feel safe . I hsve to admit though it is not all just function it is AMAZING! I feel like I have my own beautiful spa! Just lovely! We highly recommend Remodel Construction Chris and his team are A one!

it's always our intention on every project to complete the work to the highest possible standards and to ensure that our clients are completely satisfied with our quality of workmanship.

Your bath tub to shower conversion looks fantastic and we are so thrilled that you love how it works and how it functions for your specific needs.

it was a pleasure working for you both and hope to work for you again in the future.

Thank you for your business. Chris and all our team.

Drew
Drew

Kitchen renovation

Chris completed high quality work in a timely manner, kept us informed of all unexpected extras that came up, his crew were all highly skilled, and cleaned up at the end of every day. Highly recommended.

Drew, removing the low ceiling in your kitchen really gives you a whole new perspective in the room. Its looks absolutely fantastic and we are so happy that you guys love it too.

Unfortunately there were a few items that we found during the demolition phase of the project that we had to bring to your attention and address. We believe that keeping our clients updated regularly during the project keeps the job running smoothly and keeps the project on time because items can be addressed quickly and efficiently.

Keeping our work sites tidy and clean is an integral part of all our projects. It also creates a safer work environment.

Thank you for your repeat businesses. As always it's our pleasure to work for you and your family Drew. We look forward to your next project.

Chris and all our team.

Dan
Dan
1 review Pickering, ON

Basement

We brought in Chris and his team to transform our small basement powder room into a full 3pc washroom, as well as moving our W/D and creating a new room/nook for it. Chris was very helpful in the preliminary stage, helping us with figuring out optimal layout and design, including securing and closing all permits. A few things about Chris and his team: polite, timely, clean - and best of all - both transparent and responsive. Chris always made himself available to chat with us and truly provided an excellent experience. We have had to deal with other contractors in the past, and this was a breath of fresh air. There was never any lack of trust on our end. From a workmanship perspective, Remodel’s work is excellent and while they perform their own quality control, Chris was always open to listening and responding to our last minute changes. We are extremely pleased with our basement renovation and would recommend (and have already) Remodel Construction to our friends and family!

Hi Dan,

We are really glad to hear how pleased you are with the finished laundry room, area washroom and basement renovation. It really does look fantastic and the transformation from a practical sense is great.

From the design stage to preparing the drawings and obtaining the necessary building, plumbing and electrical permits we can facilitate all that for our clients and make it a simple process.

At Remodel Construction we pride ourselves on being able to provide exceptional customer service which includes making ourselves available to answer our clients questions, concerns and any requests to modify and change the scope of work during the renovation. We understand that clients want to be able to talk with their contractor and not have to wait hours or days for a response.

We try to make sure that our workmanship is completed to the highest standards posdible however we are always open to our clients suggestions, feedback, suggestions and input at any time. Being on time, leaving our job sites clean and tidy daily are just a standard part or running a safe and routine renovation project at Remodel Construction Co.

Thank you for your business. It was our please getting to know you and your wife and we look forward to working for you both again in the future.

All the best from Remodel Construction Co entire team and we hope that you get many years of use from your basement renovation.

More about Remodel Construction Company

Renovations for Kitchen, Bathroom, Basement, Custom Cabinetry, Decks, Flooring, Painting, Electrical, Plumbing.

Professional general contractors for home and commercial renovations serving Toronto, Scarborough,
Pickering, Whitby, Ajax, Oshawa and Brooklin.