Emmons Electric

Electricians
Oshawa ON L1L 0B3
HomeStars  >  Electricians in Pickering  >  Emmons Electric
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Emmons Electric

Legg16 in Toronto

Very professional, fast and clean. Great group of gentlemen. The owner is very reasonable and easy to get along with. Amazing work, I highly recommend to any who needs an Electrician

thistle_1_3 in Pickering, Ontario Canada
2 reviews Pickering, ON

We had the work done about a year ago, we are late on the review. Overall a good experience, they were efficient on quoting and the timeline of the work.

Job Price

Always nice to receive a nice word from a great customer. Thanks for taking time time to post this review.

Documentary in Bowmanville
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

The service was great. Was on site on time, clean up done after upgrade, everything done by the book as you would expect. Not as friendly as i thought seeing the reviews, but i can understand that i am paying for the job to be done not paying them to be friendly. This is not to say that they weren't very courteous and polite. Would definitely call them again for jobs.
Thanks

Job Price

Thank you for your review and we are sorry if your experience wasn't as friendly as you had hoped. We pride ourselves on leaving a good impression. Your feedback is important to us.

brian from Ajax
3 reviews Ajax, ON

We needed an electrician for various small repairs to boxes, switches and outlets. Not glamorous work, but necessary. He arrived when scheduled and worked steadily. He checked that some of our older gadgets were up to CSA standards. Reliable.

Job Price

Thank you for choosing us to help with your repairs.

Mil Mac
3 reviews Simcoe County, ON

In spring of 2016 I had a home inspection done on my mother's house after my father passed away to determine what repairs were needed. My father was the type of man who refused to hire a professional as he fancied himself a handyman, but I knew his work was subpar and for my mother's safety I needed to get it checked out.

I contacted Brad, who came out to take a look at the job which was based on the deficiencies the home inspector found. Brad even found a couple of problems the home inspector did not. I informed him that we had decided to make the illegal basement apartment legal and were awaiting an electrical inspection by ESA. Rather than begin the work on the known problems, Brad asked that we wait for the ESA reports before commencing the job to ensure everything gets addressed at once rather than having him to come back if more problems were found. The ESA inspector was impressed by that.

And boy were more problems found! So many, in fact, that the ESA ordered that every single outlet, switch and fixture be taken apart and inspected. This turned out to be a much larger job than any of us expected as issues were found with just about every single thing they opened. Not to mention all the other problems found once some walls and ceilings came down during the renovation.

The deficiencies I had Brad repair were: burnt wiring in the electrical panel due to loose connections, missing ground and bond wiring in fixtures and outlets, remove exterior outlets (my father used indoor wiring outdoors which was buried in dirt and did not have GFI outlets). Brad ran a new line and outlet to the front porch which was beautifully encased in conduit and much more accessible than the outlets my father had under the porch ledge and in the garden. I had him replace the motion detectors for standard light fixtures. They also had to remove an outlet on a stove that my father had installed (he was too cheap to buy a stove that already had an outlet), run a new line for the basement apartment stove which should have a dedicated line to the panel but was connected to the main floor stove, run a new line for the basement washing machine, remove an illegal outlet in a bedroom closet, install new light fixtures in closets that were not to code. There were 6 outlets on the main floor that my father had filled with spray foam insulation which had to have all the foam removed. A couple of those boxes had to be replaced as the foam had rusted them completely. As well due to the renovation I needed some switches, outlets and light fixtures added or moved. The list goes on and on.

It took about about 10 full days and a some half days over 3 months for all of the work to be completed due to the original scope of the work plus all the changes, add ons and new problems found along the way, as well as having to work around the other trades (who I was having serious issues with).

As I was present for the entire project, I got to see for myself all the problems they found as they were discovered. They always took the time to explain everything to me and discuss any options available. Nothing they discovered was a real surprise to me and I never felt like I was being taken advantage of. In fact I feel both Brad and Geoff operate with alot of integrity and respect for homeowners.

I would absolutely hire Emmon's again and strongly recommend their services. Not only do they perform quality work, they are professional, friendly and can be 100% trusted with your home and family members...the type of people you have no worries leaving alone with your 76 yr old hearing and vision impaired disabled parent! Brad was always quick to reply to calls and texts, and even made a couple of late night visits to ease my mind when some minor problems occurred.

If you are looking for a quality electrical company to do business with in the durham region, I strongly urge you to give Brad a call.

Thanks Brad and Geoff!
Milica

P.S. I should also mention that they always showed up when they said they would (often earlier), Totally reliable company!

Job Price

It's always a great feeling to receive a positive review at the end of a job. Thank you so much for making our job feel even more enjoyable. You were a pleasure to work for and I hope you are enjoying every inch of your new space!

J Brown in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

The work was done well and they were careful to minimize damage to drywall for installations. Work was finished on time . They even were ok with my two dogs. Will recommend Emmons Electric in future.

Job Price

My Hayward pump needed a push on crimp connector. The previous one had slipped off and I couldn't properly reattach it to the wires myself. As my pump was not running and my pool water therefore not circulating, I needed someone fast. I tried the first 6 companies listed in Homestars.com under an "Electrician" in "Durham" search. Brad was able to come out earlier than any of the others. He fixed the wire in about 30 minutes and my pump ran fine. It  was more than I wanted to spend, but I had never asked him what his charge was going to be prior to the work. He was very courteous and professional.

Rick & Marilyn from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Brad Emmons has done work for us on two occasions (in 2015 and 2016) in conjunction with Guardian Contracting Services while renovating three bathrooms. The work included adding wiring for pot lights, fans and a pony panel for future capacity. Brad and his team were very professional in explaining and performing the work. We would hire Emmons for future projects and recommend them to other homeowners as well.

Colin from Pickering
3 reviews Pickering, ON

I called Emmons after a light switch had shorted multiple times. Brad was quick to return my call and book a time ASAP to come to our home. When he arrived he was professional and friendly and quickly diagnosed and repaired the issue. He also showed me an issue he found with another breaker and explained how to repair it, saying it was an easy job I could do myself. I appreciated the advice and recommendation to do it myself when he could have made it out to be a bigger issue that only a pro could address. Great service!

Job Price

I'm glad to have helped!

Kristina Bryson from Pickering
4 reviews Pickering, ON

This is the 2nd time I've called Brad for electrical services and although our project is ongoing over the next couple of months, Brad's been very helpful in getting us to this stage, so I'm writing an early review. His advice and counsel on lighting options has been very helpful and although we underestimated the size of the job, Brad's pricing has been accommodating of our many changes. He also stepped in and helped out with finding a drywaller for us when we were in a pinch just before the holidays. He's got some great industry contacts. I would highly recommend Brad!

Job Price

Thank you for the great review. It's always nice to know we were able to help make a project a little less stressful.

More about Emmons Electric

For professional work done right the first time call EMMONS ELECTRIC. We are fully insured and registered with the ELECTRICAL SAFETY AUTHORITY.
Contact us 7 days a week at 289-314-5152
or visit us at http://www.emmonselectric.com