National Star Roofing Specialists

Best of 2019 winner 5 timesBest of 2019winner 5 times

Reviews for National Star Roofing Specialists

Dmitry
Dmitry

National Star Roofing Specialists replaced the roof on our house.

Very satisfied with the work! Sokol provided accurate information on the work plan and the quote. He was always easily accessible, if we had any questions. The team replaced the roof in 2 days. The work was done smoothly without any problems. Thank you very much for your excellent job!

Thank you, Dmitry.

We have all bases covered to provide a worry-free process for our clients. Always transparent, organized and consistent is what people can expect from us on a regular basis.

Our service to you does not end here.
Fee free to contact us anytime you have questions/concerns.

ruth
ruth

Two new roofs

I can't say enough about North Star Roofing. They started promptly and worked hard to get the job completed in an extremely timely fashion. They made sure to clean up after themselves leaving no mess behind. I have already recommended them to friends.

Thank you, Ruth.
You and your parents were great: very hospitable, easy to work with and trusting.
Thank you for your referral.

Amiry
Amiry

Re-roofing

I recommend National Star for all roofing projects. Their service is professional with quality and excellent workmanship. All team members are dedicated and caring.

Hello Mr. Amiry.
Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience with National Star Roofing.
It was great the weather held up on Sunday and you were home to see us working on the roof.
Thank you for trusting us with the work. We really appreciate you recommending us.

nancy
nancy

Low pitch roof

These guys did an excellent job on our unusual low pitch flat roof. They took the time to go up on the roof and measure the pitch exactly so the proper roofing material could be determined. They also fixed an issue with a sagging beam that was discovered in the attic once the roof was removed. Prompt courteous professional and always replied to requests for information. Sokol send me text updates all through the project as I was in another Province at the time. Very highly recommended.

Hi Nancy.

Thank you so much for accepting the Homestars invite to write about your experience with National Star Roofing.
All the things you mention and more are part of the quality service we provide. Being a family business has really given us advantage over competition as we do take care of every detail of the process ourselves.
A worry-free process is what everyone should expect when hiring us.

Gisella
Gisella

Roof Replacement

The team at National Star Roofing provided quality and professional work for our roof replacement. Sokol consulted with us more than once to ensure we were fully informed about the products available and what the replacement would entail. He provided piece of mind before any work even started.
His team was efficient before, during and after the work was completed, especially in cleaning the area around the house. They were very thorough. Sokol even took the time afterwards to show us how the finished work would provide the safety and security that a roof should provide. Overall, the experience with National Star Roofing was excellent. They are genuine, honest, friendly and clearly take pride in the work they do!

Hi Gisella,
Thank you for your comments.
We are very happy you were satisfied with our way we do business. Sokol tries his best explaining the process, but when you go thru all the steps, you understand the organizing and amount of resources a roof replacement needs.
It was nice to be able to go up on the roof with you and Tony. When you are up there, you can really see the attention to details and care we take during the installation.
Thank you for trusting National Star Roofing for a worry-less, long-lasting roof.

Tony F.
Tony F.

Roof

Installation was fast and on time. Some extra work was covered by the contractor. Friendly contractor

Thank you, Tony. It was great working with you.

Jonah
Jonah

Roof replacement

National Star completed my house and garage roof replacement in one day with spotless cleanup. Quality of workmanship better than work done by other companies on neighbouring houses. Two years later, they replaced a broken rooftop exhaust vent at no charge - an original vent that National Star hadn't even installed. Very impressed with this company and would recommend without hesitation.

Hi Jonah. We appreciate the nice words.

We did complete your project in a day because of the long nice days Calgary summer gifts us. There is only a six month window we can do roofing. No matter how long, we make sure the job is done correctly so we don't have to come back. Regarding the furnace vent cap, with all the hail and wind thru the years they are bound to break and fly off. Although it is not directly connected with the roof, it was a simple fix. The reason for not charging you was because of the two referrals you sent our way, which we really appreciate.

You and any client of ours should feel free to contact us if they need anything.

Majinder in Calgary
Majinder in Calgary

Great work and customer service

Before I went with National Star Roofing, I got three quotes from top-rated roofers in Homestars. Sokol was fast to respond. When he came to do the quote, he brought the baseline documentation I had expected (business license, insurance policy, etc.—companies don't always provide this unless you make a point of asking), explained the differences between the shingle samples and various options, and promptly provided me with two different proposals, both of which beat the two other quotes I got. (BTW, I don't recall exactly what I paid, but I recall it being under $10,000.)

They arrived promptly on the scheduled day and got the work done quickly. As they did the work, Sokol messaged me pictures so I could see their progress and to confirm that the things we agreed to were being done. They left the site clean. Several months after the work was completed, he sent me a text to check that we were still happy with their work.

I chose this company mostly for their low price and high ratings. But I'd choose them again because of their customer service too.

Thank you, Majinder, for the detailed comment.
Since we first started this business the customer was put first. We try to be fair with the pricing for each quotation, but we try to treat every customer the same.
If you ever need our help again, feel free to contact us anytime.

Satisfied c.
Satisfied c.

Shingled roof

Shingled roof in 2008 and was and still am, very pleased with the work done. However, what impressed me recently was my insurance company requested a copy of invoice going back to 2008. I contacted National Star and within minutes they emailed me back a copy.
Nowadays that is a rarity.

Hello satisfied client.
Thank you for commenting on the continuous dealings with our family. We do offer clients more than just roof work. We offer people long term relationships. If you ever need anything else, let us know.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Great work for a great price!!

I hired National Star to change out our shingles and we could not be happier. Their customer service is second to none, and they were quick and tidy completing the job in just one day. It was also nice that they have a truck to haul away the waste and not a bin that takes up your driveway for multiple days. Overall a great experience and would highly recommend them.

Hi dear customer.
Thank you for writing about your dealings with National Star Roofing. We try to respond to requests from new and existing clients in a timely manner. Also our clients' satisfaction is our main business objective.

More about National Star Roofing Specialists

National Star Roofing is a family owned and operated company specializing in sloped and flat roofs in the Calgary area since July 2003. It has been rated the Best Roofing Company/Contractor in Calgary by HomeStars and holds an A+ rating with the BBB.

National Star Roofing is a Preferred Contractor with Owen's Corning, is fully licensed and insured with WCB and is covered by a General Liability Insurance of up $10 million per job.

Consistently quality work, attention to detail and great customer service is what tells us apart.
Customer satisfaction is our first priority.
No payment is required until the job is complete to the owner's satisfaction. Extra charges apply to payments by credit card.

National Star Roofing's services include sloped roof replacements as well as flat roof repairs/replacements.