National Star Roofing Specialists

Reviews for National Star Roofing Specialists

Satisfied c.
Satisfied c.

Shingled roof

Shingled roof in 2008 and was and still am, very pleased with the work done. However, what impressed me recently was my insurance company requested a copy of invoice going back to 2008. I contacted National Star and within minutes they emailed me back a copy.
Nowadays that is a rarity.

Hello satisfied client.
Thank you for commenting on the continuous dealings with our family. We do offer clients more than just roof work. We offer people long term relationships. If you ever need anything else, let us know.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Great work for a great price!!

I hired National Star to change out our shingles and we could not be happier. Their customer service is second to none, and they were quick and tidy completing the job in just one day. It was also nice that they have a truck to haul away the waste and not a bin that takes up your driveway for multiple days. Overall a great experience and would highly recommend them.

Hi dear customer.
Thank you for writing about your dealings with National Star Roofing. We try to respond to requests from new and existing clients in a timely manner. Also our clients' satisfaction is our main business objective.

Lindsey in Calgary
Lindsey in Calgary

Hail Damage Roofing Restoration

National Star replaced our garage roof in 2017, so when an August hail storm hit in 2018 and damaged both our home and garage, we knew who to call. Thankfully, Sokol and his team moved MUCH faster than our insurance company, and their assessments even helped us to get a greater payout for items that hadn't been included in the insurance contractor's estimates.

We contacted National Star on a Friday and by the following Monday they were on site with a big crew and all the materials they needed to replace AND make improvements to the house roof and garage roof in ONE day. Sokol: we greatly appreciate your transparency, urgency, and quality. We hope we don't have to work with you again soon...but if we need anything, we certainly know who to call!

Hi Lindsey.
We really appreciate you taking the time to write on the continuous experience with our family business.
Our way of doing business is based on fairness and transparency. It's great to see that you were able to see the difference, because most people can't.
We try to help our clients dealing with insurances as we have a little more experience.
It has been a pleasure to work for you. From all the National Star Roofing team we wish you and your family the best.

Russ

National Star Roofing removed my pine shakes and replaced them with quality shingles in 2014

National Star Roofing did my neighbors roof in 2014 as I recall. The reason I called them in the first place was their tidiness. When they did his roof they were neat tidy and punctual, they never left a single nail in the yard or any where else. This was an exceptional trade. I could list all the reasons to use them(punctual, clean, neat and presentable workers, its a family business and all the workers were related and the list goes on).

this year, 5 years later I had a squirrel problem and I called Sokol on a Friday evening just at the front end of this cold weather and he came on the Saturday. He treated this job as an important as the major job I had done 5 years earlier. I believe the location of the entry was located and repaired that day.

This is an amazing company that stands behind their work and I highly recommend you use them for your roofing needs.

No cost for return visit after 5 years

Russ

Thank you Russ for taking the time to share your experiences dealing with National Star Roofing.
It's always great to hear back from clients and to see that our work is standing up to the changing climate.

Michael
Michael

re-shingle of house and garage

organized, professional , and hard working - kept us informed on all the discoveries of problems that go with an old roof - fixed everything needed including broken sheathing and old flashing - great workmanship - we'd definitely use them again

Hi Michael.
I would like to thank you for the feedback that will help others.
We wish you and your family the best in this new year.

Sarah P.
Sarah P.

Roof Replacement

I had an excellent experience with my roof replacement from Sokol and his team. From the initial meeting to final cleanup, everything was done promptly and professionally. Our quote was competitive and the work was thorough. Sokol took the time to go over all our options, places we should invest our money and areas we could save on. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend National Star Roofing to anyone requiring a new roof. Thanks again!

Thank you Sarah for taking the time to share your experience. Sokol is the lead inspector/estimator for National Star Roofing so he is the one clients meet and talk to. That said, everyone at our company is as important in delivering the great service you have experienced.
It was great dealing with you. Feel free to contact us anytime.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Easy choice for our Roofing/Eaves

We are very pleased with the work and professionalism National Start Roofing completed installing our new roof, eaves and downspouts. We met with Sokol and were presented with the roofing options and got most of our questions answered and any questions we missed we simply emailed and received prompt responses back. We were also very pleased with the 10 year labour warranty provided by National Star Roofing. We sourced National Star Roofing through the internet and had read enough of the reviews that we felt confident in making our choice to go with this company without further quotes from other companies.

We were pleased with the immediate quote, the insurance information, WCB clearance and warranty information on the options we were choosing.

The team arrived and our roof was completed within the day. We were also provided pictures from Sokol on the roof base and it’s condition prior the underlay and shingles being installed which was very helpful to us and considerate to us as we were not going to make it up onto the roof….related to age.

Hi Chris W. from Calgary.

It is great to hear you found the roofing process from start to finish easy and professional. Being a family run business, little to nothing is lost in communication and the client's happiness is crucial.
To us it is very important and good for business to be trusted by our clients before, during and after the roofing work. This is done by being fair and consistent with the pricing, giving clients options and recommendations judging from experience as well as being always available for communication.

We appreciate your business. Happy Holidays from the National Star Roofing team!

Terran
Terran

Roof replacement

They finished within a day and cleaned up around the efficiently and quickly. The workmanship was excellent. Would do business again

Hi Terran.
Thank you very much for the comment and rating.
It was great working for you. Although a little early, we wish you and your family Happy Holidays.

samvel
samvel

Roof repair

The gays came, located the problem, explained it to us, we discussed a price, they send us very detailed quote and started working, everything was done on time and as promised.
Few of our neighbors saw how they work and decided to fix their roofs too.
Thanks you, it was really pleasant experience.

Samvel. Thank you for taking time to write about your experience. I am very happy we were able to work for you and your neighbours. You guys were all hospitable, decisive and easy to work with.
Feel free to contact us if you ever need anything.

Jack
Jack
1 review Winnipeg, MB

Replace Flat Roof Portion

I had a great experience with National Star Roofing. Sokol and his family were very helpful and professional. Right from my initial contact to the final inspection. The work was completed as quoted and on time. Our property was left spotless. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them for any kind of roofing job.

We had a great experience with Jack, as well. He is trusting, hospital and decisive; offered us coffee and food. Also let us use the washroom and paid on time. We wish every customer was like you, Jack.

More about National Star Roofing Specialists

National Star Roofing is a family owned and operated company specializing in sloped and flat roofs in the Calgary area since July 2003. It has been rated the Best Roofing Company/Contractor in Calgary by HomeStars and holds an A+ rating with the BBB.

National Star Roofing is a Preferred Contractor with Owen's Corning, is fully licensed and insured with WCB and is covered by a General Liability Insurance of up $10 million per job.

Consistently quality work, attention to detail and great customer service is what tells us apart.
Customer satisfaction is our first priority.
No payment is required until the job is complete to the owner's satisfaction. Extra charges apply to payments by credit card.

National Star Roofing's services include sloped roof replacements as well as flat roof repairs/replacements.