Unparalleled Paint

Reviews for Unparalleled Paint

David from Agincourt
David from Agincourt

In the Pink!

Delighted to have a quote to repaint my daughter's room in a soft pink. We found a colour chip we liked on line, Received our quoted and went with the recommendations of filling and sanding a few extra spots just for presentation.

Work was timely, pleasant, very clean with drop sheets and Frog tape for seams and lines.

The finished job included broom sweept cleaned and vacuumed room.

Pink semi gloss with Gloss White trim just sparkles and is ready for Visitors!

David Pylyp

Joanne in Newcastle
Joanne in Newcastle
1 review Newcastle, ON

Mom's condo painting - walls and trim

We are very pleased with the work of Unparalleled Paint. The painters were extremely courteous and conscientious and did the job in a very timely manner. Thank you to Kurt and his team

Rachael-Lea Rickards in Old Toronto
Rachael-Lea Rickards in Old Toronto

More than I expected! Service Impeccable

I was referred to Kurt through a friend who had used him to paint his new office. I'm big on referrals, and that's why I'm taking the time to write this review! I had some paiting to do around my home. The job was done impeccably! There was no mess left behind, the space was left extremely clean, and most of all the customer service and general care was noted. Kurt made sure he met with me, found out all about my needs, and his team was awesome! Friendly guys!
I would totally recommend Unparalled Paint for your home or office needs.

J in Toronto
J in Toronto

Customers Beware

My experience of working with Unparalleled Paint is very similar to the other 0/1-star reviewers on sites like Homestars. My husband & I hired Unparalleled Paint for painting services for our home & could not have been more dissatisfied with the poor quality of work, excessive delays, lack of customer service, professionalism & ethics. Based on our experience, we would very strongly recommend against working with this company.

I would suggest reading reviews such as that of "Jeannine Casey from Brampton" on Homestars. Her experience is eerily similar in tone to ours as she flags, "They lack effective customer service, are unprofessional and untrustworthy... Effective customer service would be to admit your faults and not go on the offensive by trying to blame the customer when you are the one who is wrong. As for the untrustworthiness that you have displayed in an attempt to appear that you run a professional business. Please be mindful of telling fabricated stories on your customers who complain about your services. All of your deceitful responses can be exposed as falsehoods." -- Jeannine Casey from Brampton.

Hello Potential Customers,

I am going to repost the response that I have been using for the various sites Julia and Hans have been using to try and slander my companies name. As you can tell from the 50+ reviews between Google, Facebook and Homestars their position is the contrary to most other reviews being posted.

We finished their job and were told to return for touch ups at another date (to which we agreed). They later told us they did not want anyone in their home and told us what they were willing to pay which was 3K less than the true remaining balance. Julia and Hans unfortunately thought because we were a small company we would not take the necessary steps to protect ourselves. When our lawyer reviewed the details and informed them of our position payment was sent swiftly. This is now the recourse they have used, dredging up reviews from 2014. Any potential customer wanting more information can check the Facebook page as I have also posted the legal documents sent form our lawyers, as well as pictures contradicting hers, unless it was a valid touch up which we have always been available to fix. Thanks for your time reading this as some customer try to misuse the online form for their own malicious intent.

************

As the owner of a small company that has a strong online presence I take pride in the work and service I provide to customers... I am sure it is apparent by the many reviews and ratings here that show a strong contrasting view to this one review and the only other 1 star ever received that Julia references from March of 2014.

Although the by the book response would be to inquire as to what went wrong and try to address the customers concerns. That is not what is required in this situation, because the customers intentions became very apparent when it was time to pay their bill.

I am disheartened by this situation because it will cause me to be more careful and less trusting with customers. Ensuring that all formalities are maintained regardless of the impending delays.

As a business owner I wish I would have had the means to look up Jules Cz or CC which are the alias’ that Julia commonly uses when providing her bad reviews which I now see seem to be way too common and very familiar. Knowing this information I would have thought twice about taking the job and how to proceed with her.

-Julia is correct in saying there were a number of delays, some of which were either pre-empted before the job and outlined in the contract or obvious changes in scope due to additions (from the customer) that extended the timeline.

-When I advised the customer that her 7 additions to scope at that point is why her timeline had shifted, her response was “So go get more guys…”. Instead of acknowledging the obvious impact of adding 7 additional areas to be painted.

-After full color consultations (plural) with sample paint provided on walls. The customer was still indecisive and requested the color change of two rooms after being painted completely. However, our customer service gesture to repaint rooms for FREE after these changes seem to have slipped her mind.

-The customers home is an older Toronto home that has limited air flow and no air conditioning. This was identified during the quote and cautioned in the contract that it could cause delays. Regardless of fans that we brought in, the extremely humid weather outside caused extended dry times on the paint and affected the original timeline and this was explained to the customer.

We never added anything to scope that wasn’t first requested and approved by the customer. However, Julia is correct there wasn’t always a new formal quote created for her add ons. I as the owner made the mistake in trusting our text messages and conversations in an effort to keep things moving.

Pricing was always discussed, however at the end of the job Julia tried to use any loop hole possible not to pay her outstanding balance. When I realized the bad intention was to be dishonest and not pay, I followed up with a letter from my legal department which quickly changed the tone of Julia and Hans’ responses and next steps.

The remaining balance was then paid promptly and this matter closed on my end.

My learning from this this unfortunately is to be more careful at being trusting and maintain your internal processes for your own protection. This experience was an eyeopener to the ill intentions that some people have just for their own financial gain.

Julia and Hans assumed that a small company would not know their rights or have the means to proceed accordingly.

Paperangel13 in Ajax
Paperangel13 in Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Kitchen reno

We recently moved into an older house and the kitchen needed some serious updating. Kurt and his team helped us decide on a colour for redoing the cabinets and for the walls. It looks like a brand new place! Every concern I had, Kurt acknowledged and had fixed. The project did take longer than planned, but things came up that we’re unseen at the time of planning. Overall, we are very happy and pleased with a job well done from Unparallel Paint! Thank you!

Thanks SW it was a pleasure working with you.
.Looking forward to the main area next.

Pleased customers in Old Toronto
Pleased customers in Old Toronto

Children's Bedrooms and door touch ups

Kurt and his crew have done work for us since 2011 as we had our home painted in segments. The first job they did for us was our family room, kitchen, living and dining room, main floor bathroom and downstairs hallway. Kurt is awesome with picking the right colours which compliments the look of your home. We truly trusted Kurt with picking any colour he thought would look good and his choices were so on par. We absolutely loved the look of our home, it brought out a complete new look which everyone complimented when they came over. In 2015 again we asked Kurt to come over for a part 2, this time him and his crew did the walls going up the stairs, the hallway full upstairs and branched us out into getting our doors painted a dark brown. Again, we were not disappointed, the doors were stunning, the work was great, we were once again completely satisfied. In June of this year, again we called Kurt as we wanted our 3 childrens bedrooms painted. He also did some touch ups on the doors and a part of the downstairs hall way as we had warranty from the last job, which was great! The colours he chose for the 2 boys and our daughter again was a hit. The children were ecstatic and so were we. Honestly we are not done with getting Kurts hand in our house as we have one final project we want him to tackle and that is our master bedroom, refinishing of our dresser and chest in our master bedroom, the master bedroom washroom and the children's washroom. If you are looking for work well done, Kurt and his team are it. We even had a former neighbour who was moving to get his house painted by Kurt and his team and he was completely pleased and impressed with the job done. Thanks again Kurt, we will be reaching out to you soon for some more great work in our final project for you!!

Amazing work!

Kurt did a great job with our entire hallway and entrance in our home. I'll definitely be hiring him again for some more work in my house in the near future! Thank you Kurt!

Thanks !! You guys were pleasant to work with as well .

GerdaM in Whitby
GerdaM in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Interior painting

I’m very happy with the work that Kurt and his crew did painting my new home. They were all friendly and easy to talk to. They answered all my questions concerning the job. It was a pleasure to work with Unparalleled Paint and I’ll definitely be recommending them to my friends.
My new house now feels like my home.
Thank you Kurt!

Thanks Gerda....I'm really happy we were able to connect through Homestars. you are a model customer....The experience was great both ways.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Two-Bedroom Condo Paint Job

Owner Kurt at Unparalleled Paint and his team of painters did a great job on my condo! I supervised the project onsite; they kept to their timelines of completion and were efficient and friendly yet professional. I would not hesitate to recommend them for your home painting needs!

Diana

Thanks Diana it was a pleasure working with you and I still want some pics of your Olivia Pope Door that we did.

Btw....I think maybe the door in the Cobalt blue might be a nice pop.....Just sayin lol

awesome job

Very professional and efficient. My wife and I are delighted with the work you guys did. Our job included wallpaper stripping and everything was cleaned up beautifully. The work was thorough and detailed. I haven't spotted any flaws in rhiwr work.

Thanks !!! wallpaper is never fun, but the finished product is always worth it. I'm glad we were able to transform your home.

More about Unparalleled Paint

Painting Services You Can Rely On Painting your home or business in Toronto, Markham or Durham can be a major undertaking. Without the right techniques and knowledge, the end result may not be what you desire. At Unparalleled Paint, we are professional painters who can provide the quality you desire ...
Looking for Paint & Wallpaper Contractors pros in Toronto?