Endura Concrete

Review for Endura Concrete

Sam from Brampton
Sam from Brampton

SOlocrete - overall service

First of all I want to say that the job done by Solocrete was very good and the installation of stamped concrete was lovely. However, I have learned a few things over the years as it is now 10 years old. I want to share the lessons learned

1) Stamped concrete is not great in the winter. The anti slip grip is part of the sealing but in reality it does not work. For that alone I would not do it again
2) if you are recommended to build curved steps vs. straight steps - go with straight steps. John had recommended large curving steps which looked great. But over time with the weight they have sank to one side. Now I have uneven steps leaning to one side. How do I fix that without tearing them out? I don't know- maybe the footings were not done properly? I did call Solocrete - no help.
3) Overall- once installation is done there really is no service. The concrete does need repairs as you will get cracks. Solocrete does not do repairs or sealing. Would make sense but they cant be bothered. They recommend a third party who is tough to connect with. I have been trying all summer and finally was told - cant seal this year as too busy. Now I have to find someone else. As I said- the concrete is lovely when brand new but it needs maintenance - which Solocrete does not offer. That is what is disappointing. You spend so much money and then no care afterwards.

I had spoken to other companies when I was making the decision but went with Solocrete because I liked John and because of price. The other companies I called now- would come out and do my sealing and fix the concrete only if I had installed with them. I wish Solocrete would do the same.

Lesson learned. I am just sharing my experience.

Thanks