SOS Appliance Repair

Appliance Repair
1 - 2588 St Clair Ave West Toronto ON M6N 1L9
HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Toronto  >  SOS Appliance Repair

Reviews for SOS Appliance Repair

DO NOT HIRE! They claim to be Miele Diswasher experts in Oakville. They charged me close to $100 for the visit and wanted an additional $600 to fix it claiming it was the computer board. I called Miele because the diagnosis didn't match the error code i was getting on the machine. Miele fixed it for $200. It had nothing to do the with computer board. The people are not honest nor trustworthy.

Called SOS to have our Samsung dishwasher repaired. The office told me it would be $80 for the visit, which would be deducted if I decided to go with the repair. The "technician" came out, and without even trying to run the dishwasher he said it's the circuit board and would cost nearly $600 to repair and suggested I buy a new unit. 10 minutes and $80 later he left. He was nice young guy who told me he is doing this job part time and he goes to University of Toronto for something unrelated. In restrospect, I am pretty sure he was not trained to do any repairs, rather just collect the $80.00. I wish I had read the reviews on Home Stars before I called this company. Oh well, I'll know for next time.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

I contacted SOS to repair my fridge. I was force to pay 50% up front in order for them to order the parts. The total cost was little over $600.00 and I paid the entire amount.

In the end they couldn't identify the problem to my fridge after 5 separate visits with different technicians in each visit. I bought a new fridge in the end because i waited almost two weeks with no solution. I waited 4 month and i haven't receive my refund yet. I sent them email and tried calling them and they stopped responding.

in conclusion, they didn't repair the fridge nor install any new parts to my old fridge. But i ended up paying $600.00.

For those of you that have similar experiences, please file official complaint to the Consumer Bureau of Ontario. They will put them on Do Not Use list (if haven't already) if they continue to similar complaints.

Do not use this company!! The customer service is horrible and all they seem to care about is getting the $80 consult fee and not coming up with a proper solution. Even after I complained to customer service they told me where to go and hung up on me. The customer service rep. Mustafa would not even disclose his last name- sketchy operation.

When I tired to reach the manager he screened my calls and never followed up. I just wanted to speak to someone to follow up about the promises the tech provided.
Awful experience!!

We had a problem with our refrigerator door not closing and called SOS Appliance Repair. While out looking at the refrigerator, my wife had them look at a loose knob on our dishwasher and a burner that would not ignite. They gave her an estimate of $1,650 plus HST, requested 50% up front and said they had to order parts. I found this excessive. I repaired the dishwasher knob and burner myself and asked them for a quote for only the refrigerator. They came back with an estimate of over $1,100 which I felt was still too high. I told them I would pay for the service call, but wanted the rest of my money back. They claimed they had already ordered parts. I asked for the parts and the part invoices. They declined and stopped returning my calls. SOS kept my $932.50, but performed no repair. I hired another company who repaired my refrigerator for $250.00 including $60 in parts. I contacted Consumer Affairs Ontario and tried to mediate without success. Do not use this company.

Premjiart in Toronto

I had an issue with my gas range, and decided to call SOS Appliance Repair. Their service was prompt, and professional. Their part prices were also very reasonable. Their service fees was also very reasonable, up with market standards. I am satisfied with their service.

My Maytag washing machine was not filling with water so we called SOS. The repair was subcontracted to Expert Appliance Services. The technician came out and quoted us $380 + tax for a water inlet valve. $380 seemed very high to me. So, I decided to look up the cost of the part. It was $58. Not only that but 5 YouTube DIY videos showed the repair being done in full in under 30 minutes by average Joes like me. So, let's do the math here. A 15-minute diagnostic visit. No more than 30 minutes to repair - a $58 part. That means the labour is over $322/hour. When I called SOS to complain, they said that the technician sets their own rates. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told that his name couldn't be given out. Furthermore, the dispatcher even told me that she would pass on the information but it was highly unlikely I'd get a call back. Not only was the price gauging disgraceful but their customer service was equally as pitiful. Unfortunately, we put down a $200 deposit because the technician suggested we pay half now; half after the repair. Needless to say, I cancelled the repair. Now, I'm waiting for a refund cheque. That better bloody well happen.
I will never do business with this company again.

Don't make the same mistake I did. Read the reviews!!! While first service call was prompt and on time, technician showed up with extremely strong cigarette smell, that lingered in my home for days...and then after replacement part was ordered I received no followup and I had to call them, not once but twice over 6 weeks to get an update. Terrible follow up customer service.

J.C. from Oakville

I had a leak in my dishwasher. My husband tried to fix it but couldn't so I booked an appointment with Expert Appliance because there were good reviews on Google. The technician came, took a look at the dishwasher, and told me that it was the motor that needed to be changed. The cost was estimated to be $350-$400. I told him that I would discuss it with my husband before making a decision. I paid the diagnostic service of $90. When my husband got home, he went back to trying to fix the dishwasher himself and, in fact, did fix it by just cleaning the plastic suction rim around the door of the dishwasher. I was very surprised that this was the only problem. I called back Expert Appliance, very upset that they had given me a wrong diagnosis and the fact that I COULD HAVE paid the suggested price of $400 to fix the motor!!! I called three times, each time asking to speak with the supervisor/manager but was told by the receptionist that the supervisor is never on site so she will leave him my number and he will call me back. Three weeks went by, no one called me back. It was horrible customer service, couldn't even TALK to a someone who could make decisions and get an apology. It was very frustrating and I felt like I paid $90 for nothing!!!!

sal in San Francisco

Booked an appointment dec 5 didn't show up. Called them, lady said she "accidentally" wrote 7 instead of 5. Came to house on the 7th, turned on my Miele dishwasher and after 2 minutes said it was motor and provided an estimate which costs $1600 to repair (he didn't open it or take it out) I paid the guy $90 and said goodbye. Next day I called Miele - technician came out took the dishwasher out inspected it as they should and found out that the issue was the circulation pump the guy repaired it for for $0 cost the part was covered under warranty. I asked the technician if I had to pay what my cost would be, he said $300. These guys at SOS will charge you FOUR times the actual cost.... Stay Away From Them!

Do not call them- they will take ur $90 in 2 minutes and provide with absolutely wrong diagnosis & Insanely Inflated Quote.

The circulation pump, or circulation motor, is the motor. We are pleased your dishwasher was under warranty and you were able to get it fixed at no cost. We do not do repairs at no cost, and we only install parts from the original manufacturer. We apologized for the misunderstading about the appointment date and honored the appointment we had in our books.

More about SOS Appliance Repair

SOS Appliance Repair Service provides immediate service from appliance repair professionals who are knowledgeable, experienced, and efficient when appliances break down in your home. SOS Appliance Repair Service repair all types of household appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers, stoves and more; servicing all makes and models. SOS Appliance ...