SOS Appliance Repair

Sean in Atlanta
Sean in Atlanta
1 review Saint Quentin, NB

I appreciated ...

I appreciated Mino arriving within the 2-hour window we agreed on and I especially appreciated the call 20 minutes before he arrived. Mino was courteous and professional and knew exactly what he was doing. He immediately diagnosed the problem and the repair to the Thermador vented hood above the range took less than an hour. I will definitely rely on SOS Appliance Repair Inc for future repairs.

CGirl55 from Mississauga
CGirl55 from Mississauga

Do not use SOS

Would NEVER recommend this company. We were having a dinner party and felt pressured, but we were charged $800 for an inverter. Found out later that they sold us an 'after market' inverter. Technician said it was top of the line. We called them just last week as our fridge has died again. Their voice mail is full and they didn't return email. AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!

Scout in Mississauga
Scout in Mississauga

Feeling ripped!

On Sept 9, 2017 our fridge went out. We called SOS and their repair man was quick to arrive (their only saving grace) He said our invertor was out and he just ahppen to have one on his truck but its a Sub Zero invertor and its myuch better quality then the one he is removing. He told my wife it would be $1100, she negotiated him down to $800 but we needed the fridge fixed as we were having 30 people over that night for a wedding celebration.
Present time, te fridge is now out again with what appears to be that same issue. When calling SOS, their voicemail was full, redirected to a different mailbox then the one I called and ent them an email because their site said they were 24/7..... they didnt call me until 1:00PM today (the next day) to which I had already had another repair company arrange to come out. Then when I told them of the issue they told me that it wasnt under warranty. $800 8 months ago and its not under warranty.... well needless to say I was a little frustrated and was told that I shouldnt get upset with the person on the phone.. I hung up before I said something that wouldnt be very nice. I would not use this company again nor would I recommend them to anyone.

Lisa W.
Lisa W.

Refrigerator

My built in refrigerator wasn’t cooling for 2 days and had all of my food spoil. I called SOS and after a few hours the technician arrived and diagnosed it, he realized I needed freon gas and after he left my fridge started cooking again. Glad I don’t have to purchase a new fridge since my subzero cost me several thousand dollars. Thanks sos

Shukz
Shukz

Gas Range

Called sos after having my Wolfe range act up for the past 6 months. Technician was at my home for 30 minutes and my oven back to normal in no time. When appliance repair guys come out and they made everything worse and suggested I buy a new appliance. Thank god for sos they saved me money and the technician was very respectful took off his shoes and everything only cost me $178. Will gladly refer sos to anyone who is having issues with their gas appliance

Happy s.
Happy s.

Refrigerator repair

They really live up to their name! They were literally Lifesavers, we contacted them on the very short notice and they were able to get everything working THE SAME DAY! The representative we spoke to on the phone was very helpful and answered all questions we had in regards to the repair process. Would definitely suggest them to any friends or family. I have used Mino twice and would not hesitate to call him again or recommend him to everyone. He fixed my refrigerator - saving my sons Birthday Party and guaranteed his work. awesome!

We are so happy we could get your fridge working just in the nick of time! You were a pleasure to work with, give us a call any time for $50 off your next repair!

DO NOT HIRE!

DO NOT HIRE! They claim to be Miele Diswasher experts in Oakville. They charged me close to $100 for the visit and wanted an additional $600 to fix it claiming it was the computer board. I called Miele because the diagnosis didn't match the error code i was getting on the machine. Miele fixed it for $200. It had nothing to do the with computer board. The people are not honest nor trustworthy.

We are so sorry any negative experiences! All of our customers are very important to us. Please give us a call so we can try to work out a resolution. Thank you

Samsung Dishwasher problem

Called SOS to have our Samsung dishwasher repaired. The office told me it would be $80 for the visit, which would be deducted if I decided to go with the repair. The "technician" came out, and without even trying to run the dishwasher he said it's the circuit board and would cost nearly $600 to repair and suggested I buy a new unit. 10 minutes and $80 later he left. He was nice young guy who told me he is doing this job part time and he goes to University of Toronto for something unrelated. In restrospect, I am pretty sure he was not trained to do any repairs, rather just collect the $80.00. I wish I had read the reviews on Home Stars before I called this company. Oh well, I'll know for next time.

Terrible Experience - Never use again

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

I contacted SOS to repair my fridge. I was force to pay 50% up front in order for them to order the parts. The total cost was little over $600.00 and I paid the entire amount.

In the end they couldn't identify the problem to my fridge after 5 separate visits with different technicians in each visit. I bought a new fridge in the end because i waited almost two weeks with no solution. I waited 4 month and i haven't receive my refund yet. I sent them email and tried calling them and they stopped responding.

in conclusion, they didn't repair the fridge nor install any new parts to my old fridge. But i ended up paying $600.00.

For those of you that have similar experiences, please file official complaint to the Consumer Bureau of Ontario. They will put them on Do Not Use list (if haven't already) if they continue to similar complaints.

More about SOS Appliance Repair

SOS Appliance Repair Service provides immediate service from appliance repair professionals who are knowledgeable, experienced, and efficient when appliances break down in your home. SOS Appliance Repair Service repair all types of household appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers, stoves and more; servicing all makes and models. SOS Appliance ...