Sos Appliance Repair

Reviews for Sos Appliance Repair

Oakville Homeowners in Oakville
Oakville Homeowners in Oakville

SOS Appliance: False Representation, no follow up

I called "Oakville Appliance Repair", using a google search to get the phone number, to help with an issue with my Dacor oven. After asking for clarification, the person on the phone confirmed that they are a local, Oakville business. The tech was on time and friendly enough. The tech also did absolutely nothing at all to the oven, not even a reset. Looked at it with his phone, called his boss, and then quoted a minimum of $700 for parts/ labor. He has advised that he will call back when he finds the part.
UPDATE:
Never heard back from Lee, the service person from SOS Appliances, who had advised that he would follow up. Oakville Appliance on Kerr Street confirmed today that this company has been falsely using their name.

I let him in as I've worked with OAR before, but noticed on my receipt that the business name is SOS, based in TO. I understand subbing work out and always want to give small businesses the benefit of the doubt, so I will visit the store to follow up. Will continue this review....

Catherine in Scarborough
Catherine in Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

Oven repair

I was charged $94 for a home visit to see why my LG stove wasn’t preheating properly. The repairman said it was computer related and would call the next day with an estimate. I had to call five times over a month to get anyone to respond. Final estimate was $800. No thank you. Very poor service!!!! Avoid this company.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Appalling and unfair.

WORST. I have never ever written a negative review before but this company is just so awful I feel obligated to let others know so no one else has to loose their money with this terrible company.

After paying a deposit for promised repair, they never showed up for three different appointments they set. Then there was an incorrect part, then on the 5th attempt, a MONTH later, a repair man shows up with NO PART and no idea what the issue was. The only thing they offered as compensation for all the issues, was $40 off for an invoice of $655.40!

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Very dissatisfied - overcharged and never refunded

Repair very friendly. He came for a very simple repair that he was unable to do. He had to order a part, he could not fix the dishwasher. So he said he would refund the money for the part but instead he charged me. I have been waiting for 2 months for a refund. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Stephan in
Stephan in

Broil element replacement

Got a quote for a broiler element replacement. Paid for 1/2 the cost so that the part could be ordered. 1 month later was told price was actually $500 more than quoted. I asked for my money back. Still waiting 6+ month later. Tough lesson. Gave them 1 on satisfaction as they did come out quickly.

Helen in Toronto
Helen in Toronto

Disappointing service and not honorable at resolving issues.

SOS Appliance Repair
647-620-4112
1 - 2588 St Clair Ave West
Toronto
M6N 1L9

Disappointing service and not honorable at resolving issue. I would give them 1/2 star if the system allowed me to do so.

The temperature was fluctuating. The fridge would go as high as ove
We called for a repair person to fix our GE refrigerator because tr 65 and the freezer as high as +12. On April 10th they sent us someone from Viking Premium Repairs. Mino did a diagnostic test and said it could be the control board or the fan. He then decided to replace the control board. A few days later the problem persisted. He ordered another control board and replaced it. The temperature continued to fluctuate. We sent him pictures and a text but he didn't respond. Finally we called the office and he came back after a few days and once again replaced the control board. The fridge still fluctuated but it wasn't as high. A couple of weeks later we were away for just over a week when we returned the fridge was once again over 60 and all our food had spoiled.

We called the office and this time they offered to refund us part of the payment. We agreed and hoped to have someone else look at and repair the fridge. After many, many calls and promises from the receptionist, the money was never refunded by them.

I would not recommend SOS Appliance Repair since they did not live up to their commitment.

Helen J.

Sonja in Toronto
Sonja in Toronto

Jenn Air Appliance Repair In Toronto

I needed help with my Jenn Air built in oven repair and they helped me. Very professional and great customer service. They showed up on time, the oven now is back like a brand new. They were very friendly and nice. I will definitely use them again for any upcoming repair.

Sandra in York
Sandra in York

Viking Refrigerator

Unable to resolve issue after 3 visits. After calling Viking discovered they are not an authorized Viking dealer. Authorized dealer discovered parts replaced were “used” and in one situation duck tape was used to improvise non Viking component.

Sean in Toronto
Sean in Toronto

Washing Machine Repair Toronto

We had an issue where the broken washing machine leaked water which caused significant water damage. I called SOS Appliance Repair Toronto and had an appointment the same day. The technician and his assistant came out and quickly found the problem which was a clogged hose that regulated the water level in the washing machine. He showed me the problem, cleaned the house and thoroughly tested it out and repair the washer. He charged me a reasonable price and they even helped me to move the washer and dryer so the floor could dry from the water leak. Great and quick service all at a reasonable price and I will definitely use them in future appliance issues.

Susan in Mississauga
Susan in Mississauga

Maytag washer repair

I called SOS Appliance Repair Toronto for Maytag washer repair and they sent out a knowledgeable, polite and Expert technician who fixed the whole thing in an hour. Amazing dude, great personality and obviously experienced and talented. This company rocks!

More about Sos Appliance Repair

SOS Appliance Repair Service provides immediate service from appliance repair professionals who are knowledgeable, experienced, and efficient when appliances break down in your home. SOS Appliance Repair Service repair all types of household appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers, stoves and more; servicing all makes and models. SOS Appliance ...
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Toronto?