The Anything Guys

Reviews for The Anything Guys

Bryce
Bryce

Bathroom renovation

We hired The Anything Guys to renovate our bathroom. It was our first big project in the house and we are very satisfied with the quality of the work. We had a few hiccups with communication and product choices, but Bruce, Marco, and Drew were great in handling our requests and answering our questions. Amy and Tom are great to deal with and we look forward to working with them again when they come to do our stairs in the fall!

Mary-Anne in Ottawa
Mary-Anne in Ottawa

Partial Patio Stone Landscaping

Had a relatively small area to fill in with patio stones due to removal of a gazebo. Tom understood the requirement and the simple fix of adding in new stones, readjusting some existing ones and regrading (compared to other contractors who made it out to be a bigger job than necessary). Due to Covid, there were delays beyond their control, but had great communication with Tom and Amy. The workers who actually did the work were professional, friendly and did very good work. I am completely statisfied with TAG and would definitely recommend them.

Cynthia in Toronto
Cynthia in Toronto

Mini main floor reno a success!

Amy, Tom and Pat and Pat's sidekick (ack I forgot your name again!) were awesome and responded promptly to my questions and even helped with design a bit for when I was overwhelmed with choices. They followed up with any concerns and addressed them. They cleaned up well after each day's work. They were even nice to my yappy dog. Thanks guys! Can't wait to finish the basement one day!

Job: laminate flooring and new baseboards throughout, bathroom tile, all new doors, light fixtures, kitchen backsplash and a custom cabinet install.

Graeme in Ottawa
Graeme in Ottawa

Backyard Landscaping

We are very happy with the work completed by Tom and his team. We had a very plain and small backyard that we wanted converted into something more inviting and usable. Tom was helpful in terms of generating design ideas, and quickly provided us with a competitive estimate.

The pandemic threw a couple of challenges into the mix. It necessitated a delayed start date, and spark a materials shortage - both of which were obviously beyond TAG's control, but communication about these issues was prompt.

The materials shortage meant that the project needed to be completed into two stages. This meant that a couple of small details didn't quite align, but there was no hesitate to arrange a time for someone to come back and make the fixes.

All in all, working with TAG was a great experience and I don't hesitate to recommend them!

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Front yard landscaping

Totally redid the front and side of the house - interlocking brick, raised garden beds, paved driveway, new lawn. The guys were meticulous in the construction of the brickwork, and consulted us regularly to get input on the finer points as they progressed. The end result looks great and I'm confident it will last.

Steve
Steve
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Deck with hot tub

This is the second project I have done with Tom and The Anything Guys. I got a few quotes before going with them and their price was competitive versus the market. I went with them due to the good job on my first project. Tom was very easy to work with before committing to a plan an price. Unfortunately there were delays due to weather and lack of materials (crazy Covid summer, cedar wood was hard to come by). Once the project did start all the workers I dealt with were courteous and listened to all my requests. The main carpenter I worked with was Steve. If you want a good guy to with with request him. He fixed every little detail I asked him to and he was great at keeping me in the loop as the project went along. There was some damage to my driveway during the prep phase (the dozer was heavier than my brick driveway could take) and Tom got his people to fix it before finishing the project. Overall I was very satisfied with the outcome and company. I would have no problems using their services again.

gregg.zentner046 in OTTAWA
gregg.zentner046 in OTTAWA

Basement bathroom renovation.

I had a basement bathroom that had a washer and dryer in it when I moved in. I hired the Anything Guys to put a shower in the space where the washer and dryer was. This lead to reframing the walls, cutting a trench through the cement to run piping from the new shower pan underground to existing piping. Anew toilet, vanity, sink etc. We did the shower in 12 x 24 porcelain tiles and it looks great. The flooring was 24 x 24 vinyl interlocking flooring. What a fantastic difference. Drew did a fantastic job for us and was a pleasure to work with.

Dianne C. in Ottawa
Dianne C. in Ottawa

Deck, Pergola, Porches, Steps, Walkway

Choose TAG if you are seeking excellence with a reputable, reliable contractor. Collaboration, innovation, highly skilled and professional workmanship - this is what Tom and his TAG team will offer you. Tackling an aging backyard patio, a front entrance and walkway badly in need of repair, TAG transformed both areas with unique and clever styling, creating a stunning new look and feel that far exceeded my expectations. I can do nothing more than offer sincere thanks to Tom and his team for making dreams become a reality. Such a pleasure working with all of you.

A. Finnson
A. Finnson

Full Main Floor Renovation

Tom and his crew really knocked it out of the park for our main floor renovation. The scope of the project included removing two load bearing walls, and moving the kitchen to the dining room. Throughout the process Tom was upfront and very communicative about the changes, options, and how to proceed. The job was done on time, and his crew was very respectful. I would definitely recommend them and will have them do more work in my home.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Second Story Deck

TAG completed the reconstruction of second story deck, which included installing a sub-floor, membrane, and eavestrough to waterproof the porch below. After taking a look at the porch, TAG immediately understood what would be necessary and provided a detailed plan in the quote and contract. TAG looked after all subcontracting (dumpster and roofer). In spite of some understandable pandemic and weather-related delays, the job was completed by the end of the summer and I'm confident the deck will last for many years. Highly recommend TAG for a worry-free experience.

More about The Anything Guys

The Anything Guys was founded in 2005 by Tom Rheaume. It has since grown to a strong 10 person team.

Our focus is to supply Ottawa residents with a professional, affordable service that is a one-stop shop for both commercial and residential clients, specializing in pretty much anything! We pride ourselves in our ability to offer a large variety of different household and property related services, big or small, irregular or mainstream, which can be found on our services page.

This is what you receive with every job you book with us:

Convenience: One number, one main contact and an experienced team to handle most any home and garden renovation and maintenance need.

Quality Work: Qualified tradesmen who will do the work diligently and to the highest standards
Reliability & Consistency: Good communication is very important to us. If a customer changes the scope of work, we notify them of changes to timelines, schedules and budgets.

Customer Service: Enjoy a positive experience working with TAG.

Fair pricing that comes with full Insurance: Our pricing is competitive and we are fully insurued which means you aren't at risk when hiring us for your renovation or landscaping work.