Shepherd Renovations

Reviews for Shepherd Renovations

Mr. P
Mr. P

Full basement reno

Brent is the most reliable, cleanest and friendliest contractor I've ever had the pleasure of working with. He did a beautiful job installing flooring, framing and drywalling my basement, among other small projects. He always ensured we were satisfied at each stage and was extremely flexible as the scope of the project widened. I would 100% recommend Brent for any of your reno needs!

It was a pleasure working with you on this project. Thank you for the opportunity.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Bathroom renovation

Brent was cheery, efficient and helpful throughout the entire project. He did a great job with my bathroom, stayed on time throughout the process, kept me updated regularly on progress and problems, and was diligent throughout. With Brent, you don't need to worry about the "disappearing contractor" syndrome - when he says he's going to do something - he does it , and he does it well! I would totally recommend him!

Thank you Kim. It was great working with you.

Jenn
Jenn

Full kitchen renovation

Brent Shepherd acted as our contractor for our full kitchen gut and reno, and did a good portion of the work himself (other than the cabinets and electrical). It was truly a pleasure working with Brent. His work is very high quality, he's very flexible and willing to listen to ideas and make changes throughout the course of the project, and he's genuinely a nice guy. I was very comfortable working with him on my own while my husband travelled to the IS through most of our project. He didn't try to intimidate me with "construction stuff" like some other male contractors I've worked with.

Brent does have a family and he spends time looking after his kids, so he may not be available 100% of the time, but he's always upfront about when he can and cannot be onsite. Our project was finished within the time frame allotted, with some flex required for counter delivery and other unexpected delays (as usual with most jobs!).

Since our kitchen reno we've called on Brent to come by and do a few small jobs, and he's always made himself available. It was a pleasure to work with Brent and I look forward to doing so in the future.

Thank you Jenn. I'm so happy all went well with your kitchen. It turned out so beautifully.
It's always a pleasure working with you. I look forward to our next project together.

s.cappellano
s.cappellano

Flooring, emergency home repairs

Brent is always around when I have needed emergency work done at home or at work. He has done flooring, tiling, drywall repair and some small house hold random work that I can't seem to get done like fixing hooks and hanging large pictures. He treats all jobs big and small with urgency and respects my time and money I am putting into the job being done. I would defiantly recommend Brent for any work you need done!

Thank you Shannon. I truly appreciate it. It's always a pleasure working with you....and the puppies.

mviant40
mviant40
1 review , ON

All new kitchen cupboards plus a lazy Susan and wooden counter top.

For all you home renovations tryShepherd renoI did and was extremely satisfied with my new kitchen tiled bathroom floor and shower and outdoor deck. The finished product was excellent and no mess to clean up.As an added bonus the work was done in a timely fashion and within my budget.

Thank you very much. It was great working with you. Please let me if I can assist with anything else.

A R.
A R.

General handyman services

Brent reviewed our long list of misc items, determined which he could do and which would require another professional. He provided an estimate on time and cost and completed the work on time and within budget.

Thank you Angelique. It's was great working with you. Please keep me posted if there are any issues or if I can assist in other areas. Thanks again.

Interior Renovation

I had hired Brent to put in a new deck and fence for me and was very pleased with his work. Needless to say, he was the first person I called to do a renovation when I was ready. As always, he was reliable and worked hard to stay on budget. Anything that fell outside of the budget was often due to an upgrade or a change to the work not anticipated earlier. He did an incredible job and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a contractor who is reliable, trustworthy and pays close attention to detail.

Thank you Krista. It's always a pleasure working with you. Talk soon.

Graeme Jennings from Old Toronto
Graeme Jennings from Old Toronto
9 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Small Renovations (Moved Door, Siding, Wiring)

I contracted Shepherd Renos for a smaller project which involved:
Moving the door in our mud room to another wall, residing the outside, installing a closet, rewiring inside of mudroom and exterior, running electricity to garage, and wiring garage).
As it was a smaller job, and not too technical, I was foremost looking for a contractor I could trust, not only in price but to leave alone inside my house all day.
I met with Brett, and was right away impressed with his quiet confidence in the job ahead, but also just seemed like a great guy.
His quote was not necessarily cheaper than another "cheap" competitor, however I felt like Brett would give the job the importance and attention I wanted.
Overall, the project was completed well. Timing took longer than anticipated, but that was out of his control (perhaps manage expectations a bit better ahead of time). Many aspects of the job were done great, and Brett was flexible to changes.
> For honesty and integrity, Brett gets a 10/10
> For skill and workmanship on exterior: 10/10
> For preplanning and pre-noting potential conflicts in design: 8/10
There were a couple design changes that could have been foreseen by an expert hand. Brett did not charge for the ones that were obviously due to a lack of planning.
> For skill and workmanship on interior: 8/10
The interior, which has a need for a finer attention to detail was ok. There were some gaps in the trim, and the painting was not taken with as much care as a real painter (quick sanding down of walls to ensure smooth surface, and heavy application).
But any of my point reductions are minor compared to my primary rating requirements. I would hire Brett again in a second.

4 reviews Old Toronto, ON

New Deck and Fence

I needed to have my entire back deck and fence replaced in a location that is a challenge, to say the least. Vehicles and bins cannot get anywhere close to my home so Brent had to carry all of the debris through my house and out to the street. He was very good about consulting with me about every step of the process and keeping the costs in check. He made helpful recommendations and ensured that I approved anything that may result in additional cost. Once he started the work, he did not stop until the job was done. I couldn't be happier about the new deck and fence. It is just beautiful and I am appreciative of Brent's great work every time I step outside. I recommend Shepherd Renovations without hesitation.

Shirley Barrie from Toironto
Shirley Barrie from Toironto

Various

I love that Brent will take on jobs large and small - and he's done several of both for us. Bathroom renos, a porch rebuild, dry wall repair, tiling, painting (in and out), emergency roof repair. He's attuned to cost, communicates well, cleans up after himself, will work hard to make you happy, and does great work.

More about Shepherd Renovations

At Shepherd Renovations We pride ourselves on client engagement during planning and execution of the renovation project. No one likes surprises when it involves their personal property or finances. Original pricing and changes are handled in a timely and cost efficient manner. We do it all. All interior and exterior ...