Corbeil Appliances

Vaughan ON L6A 0Y3
HomeStars  >  Appliance Retailers in Vaughan  >  Corbeil Appliances

Reviews for Corbeil Appliances

Kitchen appliances and washer/dryer

Don’t believe anything the sales people tell you!!!

I would never shop with this establishment as they don’t have a morals or ethics. If you do end up purchasing there do get them to write on the receipt exactly what they promise or say, otherwise they will scare you and take your money!!

Big big warning. Consumer be aware of this company!! Take extra precautions! Get them to not and sign everything!! They will throw the contract in your face and deny they said anything.

Allan Hucaluk from Pickering
Allan Hucaluk from Pickering

Warnining Corbeil refused replace or repair a brand new fridge that was defective DON"T buy from Corbeil

Warning
Brand new fridge was defective from day 1 it not cool , I called corbeil and they said 1: I'm on my own as far as getting a warranty service call and
2: they would not replace the fridge they said call the manufacturer.

I had to call the manufacturer to get a service call who 2 days later said it was defective to due very low Freon gas pressure. The service tech advised me to get Corbeil to replace it but they refused ot do so and then stopped returning my calls.
Finally after 4 weeks I got a new fridge from the manufacturer.
My recommendation to any one thinking about buying from corbeil is DON"T

Megan in Barrie
Megan in Barrie
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Customer experience with Microwave purchase

We stopped by the Corbeil store off Innes Rd in Orleans, Ontario and told the sales rep that we were considering a new microwave for a kitchen reno. We found one on sale off the shelf in the store, asked about the return policy, and the sales rep told us that we could simply return it if our plans changed. There was no mention of any return fees and we only received a VISA receipt, i.e. no documentation explaining their return policy. Our plans did change and when we returned it, they not only told us about the 20% restocking fee but that it was based on the LIST PRICE which of course much higher!! I could understand a restocking fee if this was a unit shipped from a warehouse but this was an unopened box off a shelf in the store. Heck, I could put the box back myself and save them the big hassle!! To make matters even worse, the 4 sales staff, including the original sales rep were sitting chatting (but fully aware) within 10 feet and could have cared less despite our complaints. There was absolutely no one else in the store. And of course there was no manager around to speak to. Do yourself a favour please- never step in a Corbeil store. They may be all smiles and chuckles to help you purchase but that's where the good times end!

AB from Mississauga
AB from Mississauga

Warranty Issue

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!! After spending over $11,000. for new kitchen appliances almost 3 years ago, I just recently found out that an extended warranty I purchased and is on my bill was actually not charged to me and therefore I don't have the extra 4 years i thought I paid for. When I tried to find out what happened their answer to me after numerous times of me calling and not getting responses, was that for some reason unknown to anyone my invoices was rewritten and my warranty removed! since the then manager who I dealt with is no longer their there was nothing they could do for me. It was too late to purchase an extension even though it was not to kick in for another 10 months!! Elio the current manager had no answer deferred to his regional boss Sammy who would be back from holiday Aug 1st. after 3 more calls after that date and still no one called me back I got a voice message left on machine saying I was out of luck nothing they can do to help. I wish I had read all the reviews on this company before purchasing service was terrible . Have to hope I have no issues on appliances past manufature warranty!!!

Kitchen appliances

Received excellent customer service from the assistant manager Kerry, at the Mississauga location. Kerry is very knowledgeable on all appliances, he replies to questions and concerns via telephone and email in a very timely manner. He was even available and ready to solve issues after the sale and delivery was completed. Corbeil delivered a five star rating. Thank you Kerry for making this major purchase a smooth and positive experience.

Catherine from Oakville
Catherine from Oakville

Purchased a microwave

Purchased a microwave from Corbeil Appliances on Vega Blvd in Mississauga. Gave my dimensions to the clerk and was assured it would fit my counter shelf. When I took it home and unpacked it, it didn't fit because of the 2 inch buffer needed for ventilation that I was unaware I would need to account for - a simple oversight as we do not buy microwaves every day. I immediately went back to the store within the hour of purchasing it asking if I could exchange it, and was told I could not get a refund and that as a customer, I am responsible for the accuracy of my measurements, which I agree with, but the manager's tone and demeanor was downright insulting and rude, least of all helpful to the situation. When I persisted, the manager agreed to refund my purchase minus a 20% restocking fee even though everything was intact. Yes, this is stated on the invoice but I was misled by the sale rep. The store manager Vladimir was incredibly rude and insulting, referring me to his store policy that he claimed is stated on big red signs throughout the store (which it is NOT), saying it was his "right" to treat customers however he wanted to. No where in the store are their policies stated for the customer. I have never been so humiliated as a customer in my entire life. I asked to speak to the owner of the company and he refused to tell me who this was, saying he didn't know. It was clear the employees working there were afraid of him, as none of them were willing to help me out. DO NOT shop here for anything!!!

Yogini from Toronto
Yogini from Toronto

Gas GE Range

The ABSOLUTELY worse customer experience ever. Damaged my clothing on a very sharp appliance edge and the staff refused to do anything. Requested that the assistant manager document the event for follow up and he refused. Stay away from this retailer!

Barry K from Toronto
Barry K from Toronto
1 review ,

Kitchen Appliances

We purchased fridge, range, range hood, dishwasher, laundry and dryer from the Corbeil Appliances in Vaughan.
John and Luisa there were extremely helpful and professional. We did our homework and knew what we wanted before we went to them, and we had price matched. Price matching is pretty standard these days, however, they provided a great follow up service and babysat our order. Luisa called me promptly whenever there was an order status update so I had no surprise. The overall service/experience in the store was great. I don't know other Corbeil stores, but I would highly recommend this store to my friends.

One thing that made me give them 9 stars instead of 10 is the shipping company they used. If I could rate them separately, I would give a zero. On the day of delivery, the deliveryman called me and ask if they can come earlier than scheduled time. I wanted to be accommodating so I agreed. They came with a rental truck instead of a Corbeil truck which was an alarming sign that I didn't see at the beginning. During the whole delivery process, the two delivery men kept complaining how heavy and big my appliances are and that they have never seen such big range/fridge/laundry/dryer...(they complained about everything I bought!!) I don't know if it's their first day in this delivery business but they should absolutely not complaining about their customer's purchase IN FRONT OF the customers and ALL THE TIME. Also, one of the deliverymen suddenly lost his temper and shouted at my wife. I understand that perhaps they were under some stress making deliveries on the scheduled time or working during weekends, but it is not acceptable to treat any customer that rude. My wife told me after they left that she felt threaten by the way they talked to her.
The two delivery men did not want to deliver the purchased range to the kitchen because "it's too heavy and it'd require 3 people to do the job". I asked them, why they didn't send 3 people to do the job from the beginning instead of telling me now (with the range standing in my garage) they can't finish the job and will have to reschedule or they could just leave it in my garage. One of the guys told me it's a common practice for their company. (send 2 guys to do 3 guys job and see if the customers will accept to have th appliances delivered to the garage) I spoke with their manager over the phone to see if they can send one more guy to finish the job but he said they don't have enough people right now because "people have to be with their family during the weekend". I was stunned by his reply because I don't know why they scheduled the delivery with me at all when they knew they would not have sufficient workers willing to do the work. Somehow I feel they think they are doing everything for free (they aren't) or I can take another day off from work just to sit at home waiting for them so their workers can be with their family during weekends.
I think any customer would appreciate more if the delivery company could arrange a schedule they can keep... otherwise, maybe it's better not to schedule anything at all. (or schedule a weekday only delivery) With so many people needing to find a job these days, no one is forcing them to go out and do the work they promised to do (and paid to do).
I just had some other delivery companies come to my house during a weekend and the experience was very pleasant and totally different. (at minimum there was no whining about their job)
I am sure with that kind of attitude and ethics, the delivery company Corbeil used will not be in this delivery business for long. Reusing that company is not a wise thing for Corbeil Appliances.

I like to end my review with something positive... so another positive point to the Corbeil Appliances, I called John at Corbeil Appliances and inform him about the delivery company leaving the range inside my garage and he even agreed to pay for it if I would need to hire someone else to move the range to my kitchen. (he set a spending cap, of course) Although my experience with the delivery company Corbeil used was horrible, I would say John acted very professional in dealing with their customer relationship.

By the way, the next day, my range installers (2 skinny guys) moved the range to my kitchen for free.

Pros: Great services and experience. Very knowledgable and professional. Good selections of appliances.

Cons: Terrible experience with their delivery company. Get your own delivery people if possible.

Glenn from Whitby
Glenn from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Service

I will never, EVER, purchase from Corbeil Appliances again. It was a nightmare.

It started out fine. We purchased a high end washer and dryer (with pedestals) because our dryer died on us and were told, by the Manager, it would be 6 to 10 days for delivery and installation. That was one of the reasons we went with Corbeil because we didn't want to go without a dryer for too long. We also made sure all hoses, vents and any other attachments are going to be included to ensure a smooth installation and immediate use. After 10 days, we called the store to enquire about our delivery and were told it will be 6-10 WEEKS!!!

When they finally arrived, the install was worse. The water hoses and dryer vents did not come with them so they dropped them off in our garage and said they will have to schedule another time to come and install after WE get the hoses and vent. We called the store and complained. They said they will have the crew return the next morning and give us the hoses and vent for free, but we will have to go to the store to pick them up ourselves, which I did.

They arrived the next morning and began putting the machines on the pedestals in the garage (handling all items rough) and discovered the clips for attaching the machines to the pedestals were missing and they will have to return another time - AGAIN!!!

We called the store back - again - and were literally screaming at them because we were so frustrated. They sent the crew back later that same day with the clips. After the install was complete, we inspected everything and found that the pedestal doors were not closing and they were damaged. The crew installing them said "That's not our problem, you have to call the store. We just deliver", and they left.

So we decided to run the machines to make sure they work. When turned on for the first time, you are directed to start an initial rinse cycle before using it for clothes, so we did. When the water started draining, it flooded our floor and leaked into the basement underneath, damaging our ceiling drywall in the finished basement. It turns out they did not install the drain pipe correctly.

Once again we called the store back to complain. A few days later they sent someone over to inspect the damage and do an assessment. We were told today they will NOT fix any damage, it was our fault it flooded (WHAT???). We are still waiting for new pedestals to arrive and be installed.

They are NOT professionals or specialist like they claim on their commercials. They are a complete disaster and should not be in business with service like this.