Twinpeaks Roofing and Aluminum Inc

Reviews for Twinpeaks Roofing and Aluminum Inc

AH Comics in Oakville
AH Comics in Oakville

Dead of Winter, Life Bringers

In December 2017, during the extreme cold weather, in the middle of us selling our home, our aging roof decided it was time to leave this world. Unfortunately, that meant letting in snow, water and ice into our attic. Max at Twin Peaks came out the same day we called, and within one day had a team on our roof and replaced the entire thing, including fixing structural damages from the ice. We have two young children, and even with some of the team coming in-out from the attic all day they were extremely polite, friendly and a pleasure to work with. They literally saved our home, and with the warranty and coverage they provide as just part of the job the new roof will last decades with no worries. A heartfelt thank-you to Max and the crew!

Karen in Oakville
Karen in Oakville

Roof Replacement

We had contracted a company 7 years ago who did a very poor job replacing our roof. As I didn't want to make the same mistake twice, I did my research and through MANY recommendations from around my neighbourhood we reached out to Max at Twin Peaks Roofing to assess our situation. We are so happy that we did! Max was honest, knowledgeable and prompt. Initially he waterproofed the section of roof missing shingles to protect it from further water damage and soon after replaced our whole roof with quality shingles and ventilation. As promised, the roof was completed in one day and the clean up was fantastic. If you're looking to replace your roof you can trust Max at Twin Peaks Roofing :)

Thanks Karen! you guys were amazing to work for it it's a shame that you had to get your roof done so soon but like I said the main issue was the product that the last company was using as well improper nailing. If you use either a CertainTeed or BP shingle the probability of experiencing blow offs with our installers is next to zero so I know we will have success going forward with your roof.
Thank you for referring us to your neighbor and wish you all the best this summer.

Helen
Helen

Replace shingles and vents on roof

Twinpeaks recently replaced the shingles and vents on my roof. I was extremely pleased with the quality of the work and the price for the job . I had a number of quotes on this job and Twinpeaks was the best price. However what sealed the deal was the way Max presented his company, the options and explained in detail what would be done . Very professional. When the time came for the work the crew showed up on time , and by the time I arrived home that evening the job was done and things were cleaned up. The job was done on a Tues and the following Sunday afternoon Max dropped by again to do another pass with the magnet to pick up loose nails. I had not asked for this - he just said it was something he does on all job sites. Just goes to show the quality of service. I would definitely recommend Twinpeaks because of the quality of the work , professionalism and competitive pricing .

Hi Helen thanks for the amazing review. You are a pleasure to work with. let us know if you want to go ahead with the aluminum work that we quoted you for, I would be happy to deal with you again thank you so much.

Zack
Zack

We requested a quote from Twin Peaks Roofing in early 2017. Max was very responsive and provided the quote within a couple of days. Because of our own schedule, we were unable to get the roof replaced in 2017. In early 2018 I contacted Max to see if he would still honour the price that he quoted one year prior. He advised that materials have increased, but he would still honour his original quote. When it came down to selecting the colour of the shingles, Max was very accommodating, providing a number of suggestions and corresponding samples. Once we signed the contract, the shingles were delivered to our house the next day with the work completed later that same week.

Max and his crew were very professional throughout the process. I would highly recommend Twin Peaks Roofing to anyone looking to replace their shingles in the GTA.

Zack I'm glad we were able to help! thanks for referring us to your neighbor I hope everything is great with your roof and I'm also happy that you beat the wind storm.

jksl
jksl

Roof for Car Wash/commercial building

At our coin-op car wash, water kept leaking through the roof at various spots every time it rained. I called Twinpeaks and they were able to discover that our relatively new roof had no underlayment of any kind. We took over the business two years ago and i guess the previous owner took some shortcuts with the maintenance and repairs. In any case, Twinpeaks started the work quickly and worked diligently. Everything was done professionally. No more leaks. Everything is good. I would use them again.

John , Thanks for taking your time to write the review! yes the previous owners did a shingle overlay which voids the warranty of the new shingles also they had no ice and water Shield at the eaves, no underlayment over the entire roof deck and they had shingled areas where there should have been a 2-ply modified bitumen flat roof installed. Also the ventilation was insufficient throughout the soffits all the way up to the top of the roof. We stripped both layers of shingles did six feet of ice and water Shield and full underlayment we did about 2 to 300 square feet of flat roofing so when the water and snow pools up in these troubling areas it is impossible for it to penetrate the roof also you have 4(301) maximum ventilators installed combined with your new aluminum soffit ventilation this will ensure that melting snow will be limited during the winter season , thus eliminating ice damming leaks. Also we installed an oversized 6in eavestrough across the back because you have a 120 foot run and a massive roof slope bringing down an over- average amount of water ( water was pouring over the troughs during heavy rains before) thanks for trusting us to do a great job here and thank you for being a great customer.

Hal  in Oakville
Hal in Oakville

roof vent replacement emergency

big wind blew off whirlybird turbine vent
called Max and gave me good advice on options
went and picked up replacement per Max advice and replaced same day.
totally responsive, professional and great value for service.
no question who I will be calling when my roof needs work or replace.
need more like Adam and Max.

Thanks Hal! I'm glad we were able to help, due to that wind storm there was an alarming amount Damage Done across the GTA we were working around the clock to help as many people as we could. Thanks for recognizing our efforts. Please don't hesitate to call us if you have any issues going forward.

Max.

AC f.
AC f.

Roof

I called Twin Peaks roofing due to a shingle blow off during The recent windstorm. The representative brought to my tension that the roof was in worse condition than I thought(The west and south facing slopes that we could not see from the street) It was apparent that the roof needed to get done as soon as possible to protect us from the spring rain. Within one week the job was scheduled and complete . At that time Max came around to the final inspection andhe also recommended that we should have our insulation redone and recommended a Contractor to do so. Thanks for the expert service ! I would recommend you to Anyone that is looking for a new roof!

Thank you ! during these wind storms we try and provide Fast responsive service to as many residents as possible. I appreciate your time and efforts in writing this review!

Eileen
Eileen

New Roof

On April 4th our roof was a victim of the severe wind storm that blew through Oakville. As several large patches of shingles tore from our roof, we began calling for help. Every company we called said the earliest they could come would be the next day due to the high winds. Then we called Twin Peaks. Max told us he'd be there in an hour and he was. He was able to cover the missing areas to protect against water and gave us an estimate on a new roof. Knowing full well that we needed a new roof we ASAP we found his estimate very reasonable. It was obvious he was not trying to rip us off. We agreed to the terms, picked shingles... and one week later had a brand new roof. The crew who installed it was very professional and polite. Max was there in the morning and came back at the end to finish up the small details we requested. Max informed us of everything they were going to do, and also educated us on why things were done certain ways. Besides the roof they installed extra roof vents and reconnected a vent pipe that was disconnected in the attic. They also fixed an eavestrough that was damaged over the winter due to ice buildup.

We would 100% recommend Twin Peaks Roofing if you are thinking of doing your roof.
Many Thanks to Max and the people at Twin Peaks.

Paul L & Eileen F
Oakville

Hi Eileen. Paul and yourself were amazing customers and I'm glad thought I was able to help you! during that nasty wind storm we had in the hundreds of phone calls so we did our best to help as many people as we can. Good job on calling roofing companies immediately because from what I heard it was very hard to get any roofing company out at that time. I'm glad you like the new roof I think the color looks great.

Feel free to give me a call if you need anything ,

rocco.zito69
rocco.zito69

Roof

Great work, reliable, and worth every dollar spent. Glad to recommend this company anytime to anybody.

Thanks for the quick and positive review Rocco.
contact us if you need help with anything going forward.

Gerry in Oakville
Gerry in Oakville

Poor Follow Up Service

Twin peaks replaced roof shingles in August of 2016. On the day the work was to be done, Max advised the need to replace original skylight as he could not guarantee against leaks with original. We agreed and Max purchased the skylight and did the installation himself. We were generally quite satisfied with everything upon completion of the job and did in fact refer him to a neighbor (singular). However, on January 8th of this year, another contractor doing work on the second floor master bath, advised us of a leak around the skylight. I called Max that afternoon and he returned my call a few hours later. He did come by the following afternoon and examined the skylight from the roof. He indicated the problem appeared to be a result of the installation whereby he had been required to do a modification due to the skylight being so close to the peak of the roof. He indicated the modification did not seem to take and that he would be back the following day to remedy. He did not show up the following day or the day after. I called and left a message and did hear back from him 24 hours later. He indicated " now that he had a chance to sleep on it", he thought the issue may be a result of condensation and that he would come out later in the day to inspect from the attic which in fact he did. He now thinks it could be condensation as existing insulation around the skylight box may not be sufficient. He indicated however, that he was not an "insulation guy" and he would consult his insulation guy and be back to me over the weekend, the next two days in order to confirm this may be the cause. Nine days past and we heard nothing from Max before we left on an extended holiday. I subsequently sent an email through the Twin Peaks web site and never did receive a response (claims he never saw it) . Following our five weeks away and no indication of any attempt by Max to contact us, I suggest to my wife that I have lost total confidence in Max and time to take other action. She wants to give him one more chance so she calls him on March 6th. He does return her call and indicates he firmly believes the problem is the insulation issue but does not use the original insulation guy he referenced earlier as he was too expensive. He was dealing with new guys and would get back to her the following afternoon. Of course more than 2 weeks passed without a word from Max. After more than 2 months of run around we proceeded to contact professional skylight installation/repair specialists. The consensus among them has been that the space between the drywall and skylight is the primary issue . In fact the skylight specialist took one look and said "while there's your problem, the guy never finished the job". He indicated that the space required trim and caulking. I asked about insulating the tunnel and his response, "not the source of the problem but a good idea." To finally confirm , I downloaded the installation instructions from the manufacturer's web site and the final step is""When drywall is not in contact with white finished skylight frame, add on-site trim for finished appearance and prevent conditions that may contribute to condensation." Everyone we have brought in recognizes this issue but Max prefers to lay blame at the feet of the people who added insulation to our attic some 15 years ago. Simply laughable.

HI Gerry! first of all thank you for all your referrals to your friends and neighbors.

What you need to do is call the INSULATION company who did your attic. (you said they you got it done a few year prior to your roof being complete in 2016 but you can not 'remember' who it was) What they failed to do is RE-insulate your skylight tunnel. Since your attic has been insulated, more heat has been kept IN your home, therefore even MORE warm temperatures are going to rise to the highest point, in this case it is up your skylite tunnel, since the insulation of the tunnel is original with the house (approx 40 yrs old) and has NO vapor barrier, therefor you are suffering heat a little bit of heat loss which is condensing to frost on the underside of the plywood. REMEMBER when you hire a trades company they are only responsible for the the specific trade they are contracted to do. We can only offer help in recommending other companies to serve different parts of your home but definitely can not be held accountable for their lack of response!
Good luck on finding the company who did your attic, again i have since forwarded your information to a couple of insulators that have been recommended to me you will, definatley have better luck now that the spring is here.

More about Twinpeaks Roofing and Aluminum Inc

Twin Peaks Roofing and Aluminum Inc. opened for business in 2006 with over a decade of experience in the roofing industry. Our company’s mandate since our inception has remained the same: provide our customers with quality roofing products and service at reasonable rates. We understand that if you are happy with our service, you will refer us to your friends and family; it is our pledge to our customers to work hard for your business.

For your safety and that of our employees, we are insured and have WSIB clearance. All our company vehicles are clearly marked and our team of roofing specialists are highly trained in the latest roofing safety equipment and techniques for your peace of mind.

Honest ~ Reputable ~ Affordable