Opus One Design Build & Construction

Reviews for Opus One Design Build & Construction

jeremy in Toronto, Ontario
jeremy in Toronto, Ontario

Excellent Service and communication

I contacted Opus to help me out of a bind with a new window opening for an old house. While I was concerned that it was too small a job. RJ was very accommodating and got a crew in on a days notice.

Given the excellent service and communication provided, I would definitely consider Opus One for other upcoming renos we are planning.

Mr. Robinson

We thank you for the time you have taken to write this review. It is very much appreciated.

There is no job too small when earning the business of new clients such as you and your family.

Thank you!
Opus One Design Build

Consultation on Electrical/Renovation Work

RJ provided me with helpful advice on how to find the right professional to complete work on a range hood fan and replacement of electrical unit. He was VERY patient and was able to assess what needed to be done. What's even more amazing is that he spent time to guide me, even though the very small job I described was not something his firm takes on.

Thank you very much for the lovely comments.

RJ mentioned that you had both had spoken and described the situation as being a generally straight forward list of items that (with the appropriate guidance) would be easily resolved.

On behalf of OPUS ONE DESIGN BUILD, it was our pleasure offering you and your family any guidance that you deemed valuable. :)
Julie
Client Care
www.opusonedesignbuild.com

David C.
David C.
11 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Structural work

I purchased an old home in need of structural work. RJ is extremely knowledgeable, and transparent.
A true professional in every sense of the word and a great guy to work with. He is methodical, logical and reasonable, explaining all options and costs.
Highly recommend.

David what a wonderful review!

Thank you so much! We are always happy to help and really appreciate you and your loved ones taking the time to and trusting Opus with the questions and excitement relating to a new home purchase.

Julie & The Opus One Design Build Team!

Braydon in Toronto
Braydon in Toronto

Excellent Service

I purchased a condo and a couple of days before closing, the property flooded and there was significant damage. RJ and the Opus team recognized the time-sensitive nature of my request and came out on a Saturday, with less than 24 hours notice, to conduct a detailed assessment of the damage.

Braydon, thank you for the kind review. Always here to help.

Allan a.

Quality: 10/10
Cleanliness: 9/10
Industry Knowledge: 10/10
RJ and overall Opus Team: Pretty Impressive

We would use again. We would refer to a friend. Nothing is ever perfect, but Opus came very very close.

Allan,

Thank you for taking the time to review our work! All the best, and we are always here to help!

The Opus Team

Meredith
Meredith

Full Home Renovation and Addition

RJ and the Opus Team did a beautiful job on our home. We had some delays with special order materials but Opus did an excellent job managing our expectations throughout those issues. They were always available for meetings. They stayed on budget, and completed the renovation within 11 days of the (original stated) completion date. I am very happy with the finished product, the service and Opus as a whole. Would definitely hire again.

Thank you so much for the kind words Meredith. We enjoyed working on your project, we are even more pleased that you are equally satisfied! Thank you for choosing Opus.

Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.

Full Interior Home Renovation 5500 Square Feet

I am a realtor and have sold homes that Opus has renovated and/or built for my clients. So last year when I decided to completely renovate my own home, I contacted Opus along with a couple of other builders that had worked with agents in my office.

I don't think a long drawn out review is necessary. The short version is this. I hired Opus and they will be the ONLY construction company I refer my friends and clients to. The best in the business. Period.

Thank you very much! It was a pleasure working with you!

David S.
David S.

Addition & Basement Underpinned and Renovated

After talking with 3 companies my wife I determined that we just felt more comfortable with Opus.

They were easy to communicate with. We liked they had offices in the city where a lot of companies did not. They employ all of their own trades - which was a big deal to us because they actually knew the people that were in our home. RJ met us personally (which we really appreciated) and even pulled in a specialty manager in for our project from one of their other markets.

The easiest way to explain it is they operate almost like an institution when it came to documentation, analytics, follow ups with the city and our project progress reports.

This is not to say there wasn't problems or bumps during the project. But like I read on other reviews about Opus before we hired them. It was the way Opus handled the problems and came up with solutions and not excuses.

Opus is definitely the best construction company we have dealt with in the last 25 years as a business and homeowner.

They are the gold standard. Would definitely recommend and hire again.

David S

We appreciate your kind words! Looking forward to working together in the future.

Lee in
Lee in
1 review Simcoe County, ON

“The Industry Leader”. A bold statement for which Opus One Design Build deserves every letter.

After a home accident my family and I were displaced in a hotel until repairs were completed. I posted a job request and was contacted by 4 different contractors. RJ from Opus One Design Build was not only the first individual to contact me, he made contact within 15 minutes after my posting. Other contractors made contact hours or even a day later. Not only did RJ beat the pack in communication response, he was also the only one demonstrate a professional composure. This composure was also demonstrated by Russell, our Project Manager, also by Stacie and Wendy at the home office. This well engineered team ensured that all communications were promptly returned by the necessary staff member. Thanks to this finely crafted team we were able to have repairs, upgrades, and an addition completed in an astonishing time frame. All work completed matches the existing structure and the quality has exceeded expectations. A number of neighbors were so impressed the work flow and finished project they have requested referrals for home improvement projects.

I do not often review businesses, and when I do it’s because they either struck out or hit one out of the park. Opus One Design Build unarguably falls in the category of the latter. My family and I are back in our home, and it feels like home. I cannot recommend another contractor for any project, large or small. They have certainly earned a customer for life.

Hi Joshua! Happy New Year, and thank you for your kind words.

Our team very much enjoyed working with you and your family through this understandably difficult time.

It is feedback like yours that motivates Opus One Design Build to consistently achieve the recognition and status as the best Residential and Commercial builders, renovators and remodellers in the Construction industry. We really appreciate you taking the time. Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Stacie

Private User reviews Coquitlam, BC

New Construction

Opus has now built us 3 facilities since 2009. We can't say that each project has gone without a glitch. There has been glitches in each of them. The first project almost 7 years ago was probably more than they had expected in terms of scope. The project just kept growing and growing, and there were several tense moments throughout those 6 months. The second project on the West Coast in 2012 was riddled with zoning issues. The third and probably easiest in terms of scale was in our newest market and was dogged by accessibility. We received numerous street fines for the numerous trucks and work vehicles loaded in the access road. But throughout the entire process Opus were courteous, professional and always available to deal with the situation. They were diligent when it came to dealing with issues. We're not scared to make those tough calls. And lastly, the finished product is always top shelf. They are the only company we will use every time we grow into a new market. RJ has done a great job with his teams in each market we have retained their services. This may not be the perfect review but it is the truth and we think that is good enough.

Hi! We apologize that this review was not responded to immediately (I have just found out that our internal e-mail link was not properly connected to our HomeStars account). You're right, it's not the most glowing (review) but we'll take it because, like you said, it's the truth.

We want all of our clients to understand that very rarely does a project go smoothly. There are always so many variables outside of our control, especially when dealing with Commercial Renovations and Commercial Buildings. What we hope that our clients value, as you do, is our commitment to outstanding quality, staying within budget and being on time, regardless of the obstacles we encounter. It is not always possible to achieve all three of those things all of the time, but we do our best and we thank you for acknowledging our diligence and workmanship. We thank you for your loyalty in having us as your exclusive Commercial Builder and Facility Project Management team across North America. We appreciate your business, your partnership and your trust in the work that we do.

Have a great weekend!

Sincerely,

Stacie

More about Opus One Design Build & Construction

An award-winning, custom Residential and Commercial Design and Build company servicing all major North American markets and select South American markets. Impeccable quality, competitive pricing, and unprecedented customer service. For over 20 years, Opus One Design Build has established a reputation as the “Gold Standard”, industry-leading Construction and Design Build ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in Vaughan?