General Contractors

Reviews for Opus One Design Build & Construction

David C.
David C.

Structural work

I purchased an old home in need of structural work. RJ is extremely knowledgeable, and transparent.
A true professional in every sense of the word and a great guy to work with. He is methodical, logical and reasonable, explaining all options and costs.
Highly recommend.

David what a wonderful review!

Thank you so much! We are always happy to help and really appreciate you and your loved ones taking the time to and trusting Opus with the questions and excitement relating to a new home purchase.

Julie & The Opus One Design Build Team!

Braydon in Toronto
Braydon in Toronto

Excellent Service

Opus One Design Build & Construction
416-323-6869
7B Pleasant Blvd.
Toronto
M4T 1K2

I purchased a condo and a couple of days before closing, the property flooded and there was significant damage. RJ and the Opus team recognized the time-sensitive nature of my request and came out on a Saturday, with less than 24 hours notice, to conduct a detailed assessment of the damage.

Braydon, thank you for the kind review. Always here to help.

Allan a.

Quality: 10/10
Cleanliness: 9/10
Industry Knowledge: 10/10
RJ and overall Opus Team: Pretty Impressive

We would use again. We would refer to a friend. Nothing is ever perfect, but Opus came very very close.

Allan,

Thank you for taking the time to review our work! All the best, and we are always here to help!

The Opus Team

Meredith
Meredith

Full Home Renovation and Addition

RJ and the Opus Team did a beautiful job on our home. We had some delays with special order materials but Opus did an excellent job managing our expectations throughout those issues. They were always available for meetings. They stayed on budget, and completed the renovation within 11 days of the (original stated) completion date. I am very happy with the finished product, the service and Opus as a whole. Would definitely hire again.

Thank you so much for the kind words Meredith. We enjoyed working on your project, we are even more pleased that you are equally satisfied! Thank you for choosing Opus.

Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.

Full Interior Home Renovation 5500 Square Feet

I am a realtor and have sold homes that Opus has renovated and/or built for my clients. So last year when I decided to completely renovate my own home, I contacted Opus along with a couple of other builders that had worked with agents in my office.

I don't think a long drawn out review is necessary. The short version is this. I hired Opus and they will be the ONLY construction company I refer my friends and clients to. The best in the business. Period.

Thank you very much! It was a pleasure working with you!

David S.
David S.

Addition & Basement Underpinned and Renovated

After talking with 3 companies my wife I determined that we just felt more comfortable with Opus.

They were easy to communicate with. We liked they had offices in the city where a lot of companies did not. They employ all of their own trades - which was a big deal to us because they actually knew the people that were in our home. RJ met us personally (which we really appreciated) and even pulled in a specialty manager in for our project from one of their other markets.

The easiest way to explain it is they operate almost like an institution when it came to documentation, analytics, follow ups with the city and our project progress reports.

This is not to say there wasn't problems or bumps during the project. But like I read on other reviews about Opus before we hired them. It was the way Opus handled the problems and came up with solutions and not excuses.

Opus is definitely the best construction company we have dealt with in the last 25 years as a business and homeowner.

They are the gold standard. Would definitely recommend and hire again.

David S

We appreciate your kind words! Looking forward to working together in the future.

Lee in
Lee in
1 review Simcoe County, ON

“The Industry Leader”. A bold statement for which Opus One Design Build deserves every letter.

After a home accident my family and I were displaced in a hotel until repairs were completed. I posted a job request and was contacted by 4 different contractors. RJ from Opus One Design Build was not only the first individual to contact me, he made contact within 15 minutes after my posting. Other contractors made contact hours or even a day later. Not only did RJ beat the pack in communication response, he was also the only one demonstrate a professional composure. This composure was also demonstrated by Russell, our Project Manager, also by Stacie and Wendy at the home office. This well engineered team ensured that all communications were promptly returned by the necessary staff member. Thanks to this finely crafted team we were able to have repairs, upgrades, and an addition completed in an astonishing time frame. All work completed matches the existing structure and the quality has exceeded expectations. A number of neighbors were so impressed the work flow and finished project they have requested referrals for home improvement projects.

I do not often review businesses, and when I do it’s because they either struck out or hit one out of the park. Opus One Design Build unarguably falls in the category of the latter. My family and I are back in our home, and it feels like home. I cannot recommend another contractor for any project, large or small. They have certainly earned a customer for life.

Hi Joshua! Happy New Year, and thank you for your kind words.

Our team very much enjoyed working with you and your family through this understandably difficult time.

It is feedback like yours that motivates Opus One Design Build to consistently achieve the recognition and status as the best Residential and Commercial builders, renovators and remodellers in the Construction industry. We really appreciate you taking the time. Thank you again.

New Construction

Opus has now built us 3 facilities since 2009. We can't say that each project has gone without a glitch. There has been glitches in each of them. The first project almost 7 years ago was probably more than they had expected in terms of scope. The project just kept growing and growing, and there were several tense moments throughout those 6 months. The second project on the West Coast in 2012 was riddled with zoning issues. The third and probably easiest in terms of scale was in our newest market and was dogged by accessibility. We received numerous street fines for the numerous trucks and work vehicles loaded in the access road. But throughout the entire process Opus were courteous, professional and always available to deal with the situation. They were diligent when it came to dealing with issues. We're not scared to make those tough calls. And lastly, the finished product is always top shelf. They are the only company we will use every time we grow into a new market. RJ has done a great job with his teams in each market we have retained their services. This may not be the perfect review but it is the truth and we think that is good enough.

Hi! We apologize that this review was not responded to immediately (I have just found out that our internal e-mail link was not properly connected to our HomeStars account). You're right, it's not the most glowing (review) but we'll take it because, like you said, it's the truth.

We want all of our clients to understand that very rarely does a project go smoothly. There are always so many variables outside of our control, especially when dealing with Commercial Renovations and Commercial Buildings. What we hope that our clients value, as you do, is our commitment to outstanding quality, staying within budget and being on time, regardless of the obstacles we encounter. It is not always possible to achieve all three of those things all of the time, but we do our best and we thank you for acknowledging our diligence and workmanship. We thank you for your loyalty in having us as your exclusive Commercial Builder and Facility Project Management team across North America. We appreciate your business, your partnership and your trust in the work that we do.

Have a great weekend!

Sara from Toronto
Sara from Toronto

New Home

I was referred to them through a colleauge. Best choice I made for myself and my family. My husband and I interviewed several builders, and once we met RJ personally from Opus we immediatley felt comfortable. Our home is probably one of the nicest in the area and has given us nothing but happiness. Opus were on time and on budget - which we could not believe after all the construction horror stories we heard. We wanted a builder that knows this caliber of home and our expectations were met. Not the best website in the world but I dont think they depend on it for business. I think they generate their business from happy customers who recommend them to others and I am happy to say I will be one of them.

Hi Sara,

We're SO sorry that this AMAZING review was not responded to immediately (I have just found out that our internal e-mail link was not properly connected to our HomeStars account).

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words about our service. We pride ourselves on being world-class custom home builders and interior design gurus, not just in Toronto, but in all the markets we service, and to have that validated by a client like you means the world to us. We hope that your family has many more happy and healthy years in that home and that you will consider us and tell your friends about us for all future construction, renovation and building needs. We do both residential and commercial. Thanks again, so much.

More about Opus One Design Build & Construction

An award-winning, custom Residential and Commercial Design and Build company servicing all major North American markets and select South American markets. Impeccable quality, competitive pricing, and unprecedented customer service.

For over 20 years, Opus One Design Build has established a reputation as the “Gold Standard”, industry-leading Construction and Design Build organization. Comprised of a talented team of the industry’s best professionals, we cater to some of the largest markets across North America in the following categories:

Residential Construction
Commercial Construction
Leasehold Office
Cutting Edge Industrial
Renovation
Service
Maintenance

Our commitment to both our product and service excellence is where we shine. In an industry plagued by a lack of professionalism, we hold our team members to a set of performance standards that allow us to consistently meet – and often exceed – our clients’ expectations on every project.

We have led the Construction, Renovation and Design Build categories year after year, since 1999. Our team is well-diversified yet disciplined and integrated. We are innovative, creative and forward-thinking Design/Build consultants at heart, however, we operate within a corporate structure where the breadth and depth of industry knowledge required to complete our clients’ projects on-time and within budget is represented at all times. Opus One Design Build is “The Gold Standard”

Our in-house team is comprised of full-time:

Building Architects
Engineers
Interior Designers
Landscape Architects
Project Managers and Project Administrators
Site Supervisors

There is no job that is too big and there are no jobs that are too small. We value all of our customers and projects equally. We categorize the work that we do first by building type, then by project category, and finally by services available.

Building structures we work with:

Residential detached
Residential semi-attached town homes
Low-rise condominiums
Industrial, commercial and office buildings
Free-standing retail spaces
Retail spaces within shopping centers
Restaurants
Hotels and Hospitality
The categories we specialize in are:

New Construction (Residential and Commercial)
Renovation & Remodel (Residential and Commercial)
Clients have engaged us in some, or all, of the following services depending on the needs of their project and our professional recommendation:

Turn Key Construction/Remodel
Architectural services
Interior Design
Landscaping Design
Engineering services
Blueprint production, input and/or reading
Structural design and execution
Permit application process oversight
Committee of Adjustment process oversight
Sourcing, selection and management of all applicable trades
Our Strengths

We listen…seeking to understand the vision our clients have for their projects.
We are conceptual thinkers…with an eye for both design, and detail.
We are analytical and tactical…able to turn a client’s vision into an executable plan.
We spend our clients’ money as if it were our own…weighing “wish lists” against budgets to get the best return on their investment.
We are always accessible and responsive…via site visits, telephone, text, e-mail and social media.

What Makes Us Different
92% of our projects are completed on time, with a 6-8% variance
96% of our projects are completed within budget, with a 5-7% variance
We have an in-house design team comprised of award winning, industry-recognized experts in the fields of: Architecture, Interior Design and Engineering
We know all of our trades personally and select project teams based on both expertise and fit with the client
We warranty our work
We have long-standing relationships with realtors and are happy to partner with yours while your search for that perfect property
Each project has a dedicated Project Manager

Ready To Get Started? We are too.
We know that there are many choices when it comes to selecting a construction company or a design build firm for your project. We would be honored to show you exactly what the Opus VIP experience feels like.